Regaining My Old Record -- X+Y=<3; Combining Two Tricks For A Jump/Diplomacy Record

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, we all know Caedrus's amazing Jumplomancer. Go look it up; search works again. So basically, we take that build and throw on Cleric of Farlanghan 5 for Footsteps of the Divine, as well as adding the magical location Rainbow Falls (thanks Arcane-Surge!). I'm not using the Shadow template, which makes this Core + Completes.

Your Buff sequence is very specific: FIRST you use Cheetah's Speed, THEN you use Extended Footsteps of the Divine, THEN you apply Rainbow Falls to XFotD. This gives you a speed of 100 before sprinting. You let one round on that puppy go by -- you need a standard action to cast it, and a FRA to charge -- and then you blow that duration, charge, and Leap Attack. Oh, did I mention you use the Sprint AFTER you blow the duration?

That means that we get:

--Base move speed 50
--Spell bonus 50
--Base duration of 120 rounds
--"Blown" duration of 119 rounds
--Additional move speed of 1,190 feet
--Total move speed 1,290
--Total move speed of 12,900 feet for sprint
--Total charge move of 25,800 feet for charge
--(Speed-30) is 25,770; that divided by ten is 2,577
--Bonus to Jump check is +10,308
--Adding in 23 ranks, +5 Skill Focus, +2 synergy, and an ability mod of +9 (assuming item and an 18 to start), we get:

Total Jump check: +10,347

This we use as our Diplomacy check to win friends and influence people. Also, I'm pretty sure you're gonna be spending move actions to complete this jump for a long, long time.
On the CO IRC, generally as TorpedoFish.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
Per errata footsteps of the divine doesn't work for persist any more. I hope this isn't contingent on that.
Bah. Well, if my math is right you still get a hell of a return just from Extending it.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
The power from the Rainbow Falls magical location from Complete Mage might help you, it triples the duration of a transmutation spell, and doesn't say anything about not stacking with Extend.
Very useful! Thanks!
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
56868168 wrote:
From the IRC:
My sci-fi writing.
Sign In to post comments