Level 3 Artificer, 1 Adventure.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there CO, I've got a question - What's the best way I could optimize a level 3 Artificer, without the help of much down-time? The character is only likely to be active for the one adventure, so I don't have to worry much about item creation and such. I can come in, however, with magic items I would have been able to make.

On the other hand, would I be better served as playing another class? There's already a Druid and a Monk - Any suggestions?
Obviously an artificer would be great for a one-off adventure, since you don't have to worry about conserving resources, your craft pool, XP, etc.

So don't be afraid of using your Spell-Storing Item infusion, even though it costs XP. That, combined with a huge number of self-crafted scrolls, should get you pretty far.
At artificer Lv 3, you can craft scrolls and potions of 3rd level arcane or divine spells (since you're fake caster lv 5) - pick ones whose effects aren't that dependent on caster level.

As a 3rd level artificer, you've also got access to craft wondrous item; you can arguably have already spent your craft reserve making wondrous stuff, but I'm not sure you're going to be able to justify having spent any more XP than that...
Sign In to post comments