The CO response to fastest possible speed

427 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guess what!!

Increase all damage calculations by 17%. We missed one Quicksilver Motion when calculating movement distances up till now.

Also, I think that from now on, calculations need to be discontinued. We already know the number are really really big. I vote we accept the old custom of never counting anything past 40, and using the number 40 to represent any arbitrarily large number.

So yeah... after doing the recalculations, I've found that the build deals 40 damage.

With regards to the name, I believe that honour falls to either rmccowen or *R*, but something with "tornado" in it would make sense, both because of the manoeuvre's name, and because of the possibility of one being created as a side effect of running in a circle :P
A few ideas for the name

The fastball special
The living D-gun
mook artillery
The living railgun
Leave Now, all of you.
mook artillery

Release the prisoners!!
Hey guess what!!

Increase all damage calculations by 17%. We missed one Quicksilver Motion when calculating movement distances up till now.

Also, I think that from now on, calculations need to be discontinued. We already know the number are really really big. I vote we accept the old custom of never counting anything past 40, and using the number 40 to represent any arbitrarily large number.

Zomg! But this one goes to 11!

Footsteps of the Divine... Tornado Throw...

Divine Wind? :D
Tornado Toes? :D
Hmmm... I just had an idea.

Cleric 3/Crusader 1/Contemplative 2/Swordsage 4/RKV 10

It frees up 2 feats that used to be used getting Crusader manoeuvres, netting an extra 8 turning attempts. I'm AFB, but I think RKV was 7/10 spellcasting; if it's less, then this doesn't work.

Anyways, if it works, then it brings the Quicksilver Motion count up to 8, for a total of 10x speed moved in the round (that's a 66% damage increase over the current damage calculations).

After this update, the total damage dealt is easily 40.
Hmmm... I just had an idea.

Cleric 3/Crusader 1/Contemplative 2/Swordsage 4/RKV 10

It frees up 2 feats that used to be used getting Crusader manoeuvres, netting an extra 8 turning attempts. I'm AFB, but I think RKV was 7/10 spellcasting; if it's less, then this doesn't work.

Anyways, if it works, then it brings the Quicksilver Motion count up to 8, for a total of 10x speed moved in the round (that's a 66% damage increase over the current damage calculations).

After this update, the total damage dealt is easily 40.

RKV is 8/10 spellcasting. Good times.

Although Mook Artillery made me laugh (out loud even), You are dealing damage TO the mooks not WITH the mooks. Oh well

I suggest we name this build Rocky.

He is going the distance.... He is going for speed!
I'm AFB, but I think RKV was 7/10 spellcasting; if it's less, then this doesn't work.

8/10, so it works.

Edit: ninja'd
Why don't we just call him TTT or... Tim, the Talented Thrower?
I suggest we name this build Rocky.

He is going the distance.... He is going for speed!

Heheheh... good tune :P

How about... The Bouncer.
The Hulking Whirler?
The Ruby Vortex?
No?

How about something simple and descriptive... like... "Chuck." :D
Just for the sake of saying it, lets see how many records were just broken:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=292273

Damage:
Old Record: 5-6000 d6 damage. (Hulking Hurler)
Us: Somewhere in the billion d6 range.

Uh, what? Hulking Hurler does way, WAY more damage than 5000-6000d6 damage. Try 1.68 trillion d6s. And that's only because it hasn't been updated with ToB stuff.
Uh, what? Hulking Hurler does way, WAY more damage than 5000-6000d6 damage. Try 1.68 trillion d6s. And that's only because it hasn't been updated with ToB stuff.

Can you link the specific build you're referencing?
Wait a minute, if you move that fast you may come close to the speed of light, but as infinite speed requires infinite energy, and infinite energy would collapse the very fabrics of reality.. dude, you just made the build to kill of the entire cosmos

geez i have a strong urge to name this build Odama Rasengan released! (cookie for the reference)
The Hulking Whirler?
The Ruby Vortex?
No?

How about something simple and descriptive... like... "Chuck." :D

I second "Chuck, the Hulking Whirler".

The Crusader dip is a good idea--so good, in fact, that I suggested it pages ago :D. Possibly I'm missing something, but how are we qualifying for Contemplative at 5th level?

The build I'd suggest is human Cleric 2/Crusader 1/Swordsage 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10/Contemplative 3/Swordsage +2. 13th-level cleric casting and initiator level 17.

With Undeath and Planning as domains, that allows Persistent Spell, DMM (Persistent Spell), Quicken Spell, and five Extra Turning (six, including the bonus feat from Undeath). Am I missing anything?

It did? I didn't go past the first page so... *shrug*

Wait a minute, if you move that fast you may come close to the speed of light, but as infinite speed requires infinite energy, and infinite energy would collapse the very fabrics of reality.. dude, you just made the build to kill of the entire cosmos

geez i have a strong urge to name this build Odama Rasengan released! (cookie for the reference)

Actually, we are no where near the speed of light (then again, I haven't check how fast we are actually going since we started adding the Quicksilver Motion maneuver).

Oh, and naruto
Oh, and naruto

here's your cookie although, you might want to think over what taking it from this guy may do to your health
87.27 Km/s.

you're right we still lack 299912,73 km/s
It doesn't look like the Shadow template (Lords of Madness) was mentioned. It's an LA +2 template that multiplies your speed by 1.5. It doesn't mention base speed specifically.

Go nuts.
Can you link the specific build you're referencing?

Honestly, I can't be bothered to trawl through a 28 page thread for you. Do it yourself. All I know is that Tempest Stormwind says so.
Is there some reason we're not using nightsticks?

On a side note, escape velocity for an earth mass planet is roughly 11.2 Km/s or 6.96 mi/s, so this clown has hit four times the required speed. Hell, the escape velocity on Jupiter is only 59.5 Km/s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity
Is there some reason we're not using nightsticks?

You mean besides adding the unmistakable smell of chedder? We are already doing more then 40 damage in any case. If we added nightstick(s) it would only increase to 40.
You mean besides adding the unmistakable smell of chedder?

Eh, adding? we're allready dishing out enough damage to obliterate any published stat block in any book, I think the smell of cheddar is allready in the air.
Eh, adding? we're allready dishing out enough damage to obliterate any published stat block in any book, I think the smell of cheddar is allready in the air.

Nah, we are firmly swiss cheese catagory =P

That said, the build so far doesn't need any magic items and that keeps the build simpler (which is always a good thing).
That said, the build so far doesn't need any magic items and that keeps the build simpler (which is always a good thing).

Heck, it can pretty much do this naked, as long as it has a tattoo of a holy symbol or something.
Heck, it can pretty much do this naked, as long as it has a tattoo of a holy symbol or something.

*BBEG is plotting in his chamber when a cleric wearing only his birthday suit bursts in*

Cleric: Ho Ho! I have come to defeat you and stop your evil plans!
BBEG: :OMG! Who are you and where are your pants?
Cleric: I am Bartholomew of the Church of Wang!
BBEG: Wait, you're a cleric? Where is your holy symbol?
Cleric: Some holy mysteries are left un-explained....
Ruby Tornado of Divine Impetus
heh I wonder if you could surpass the speed of light? Being able to go back in time at will would be a useful ability hehe.:P
Ruby Knight Windicator.

Hah. I like that.
heh I wonder if you could surpass the speed of light? Being able to go back in time at will would be a useful ability hehe.:P

Like i mentioned before, the speed of light requires infinite energy, infinite energy would rip the universe to shreds.. so much for time travel
Another vote for "Chuck"
Has anyone thought of the ghestalt (or whatever they're called) classes in Unearthed Arcana? You know, the ones where you're effectively combining to classes into one level? This could keep it under 20 levels, allowing the turic cheetah.
Has anyone thought of the ghestalt (or whatever they're called) classes in Unearthed Arcana? You know, the ones where you're effectively combining to classes into one level? This could keep it under 20 levels, allowing the turic cheetah.

The CO board generally avoids Gestalt for the simple fact that it is a variant system that most DMs don't use. The current build is using standard classes, PrCs, feats, and spells.
Like i mentioned before, the speed of light requires infinite energy, infinite energy would rip the universe to shreds.. so much for time travel

Lol...

Player: I reach the speed of light. Roll a Fort save.
DM: Against what??
Player: Death.
DM: Hah!! Rolled a natural 20.
Player: You fail. Your campaign dies.

Alternative ending...

Player: Your campaign dies, including all your heathen Gods. All glory to the great and mighty Wang!!
Lol...

Player: I reach the speed of light. Roll a Fort save.
DM: Against what??
Player: Death.
DM: Hah!! Rolled a natural 20.
Player: You fail. Your campaign dies.

Alternative ending...

Player: Your campaign dies, including all your heathen Gods. All glory to the great and mighty Wang!!

Wicked DM answer: Sorry mate, the gods just made some adjustment to the speed of light, you still need about 3 times your current speed.
Can we get a initial post update for the build, the final damage calculations, and whether or not someone contacted the sage? Been a while since I've been on the boards, I've been looking for something to spring on the DM of this group for a while... He'll never see this coming until it's too late, as everything looks pretty inocuous and you can play down the abilities until you have all the pieces.
Can we get a initial post update for the build, the final damage calculations, and whether or not someone contacted the sage? Been a while since I've been on the boards, I've been looking for something to spring on the DM of this group for a while... He'll never see this coming until it's too late, as everything looks pretty inocuous and you can play down the abilities until you have all the pieces.

Well, keep in mind two things: First, its not nice =P And two, You won't be able to pull off the super massive damage until just about level 20.
Well, keep in mind two things: First, its not nice =P And two, You won't be able to pull off the super massive damage until just about level 20.

I know, that's what makes it so hilarious and why this build is so hard to detect :-p.
I was actually thinking about seriously playing a Ruby Knight, now that I picked up complete champion it seems like a no brainer.

It'd actually make for a pretty cool campaign finisher, with the bad guy screaming I'll be back to get you, as he flies away.
')Belt of Battle, Chronocharm of something or other, and others can be found in the Magic Item Compendium. Those two I just know off the top of my head.

1)I think the 330'ers will say the distance from teleport would count, and the 339'ers will say it doesn't. This is fine.

2)On the other hand, you can look at the Greater Teleport trick as being able to kill anyone, anywhere on the plain if you can find them via a Divination spell.

Add a time bloodspike from Magic of Eberron - a 150 gp alchemical hypodermic needle that gives you one free move action in the next hour. That'll add an extra move on.

Going faster than the speed of light (which is impossible) wouldn't result in moving backwards in time. The time dilation would go into imaginary numbers not into negative ones.
Going faster than the speed of light (which is impossible) wouldn't result in moving backwards in time. The time dilation would go into imaginary numbers not into negative ones.

I think he refered to the theory of the spacetime continuum, meaning.. the universe is not flat, its round so efficiently if you traveled far enough, fast enough you would reach your orginal position.. only earlier in the timeframe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel#Special_spacetime_geometries
Sign In to post comments