Linked spell list for all caster classes + Complete Bestiary Google Spreadsheet

Hey everybody, I'm not really sure which forum to put this so here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssommjystf691lt/Spells%20With%20Class%20Lists.pdf

Edit: 3/3/14 added notation in the lists for all ritual spells

Edit: 1/7/14 added a list of all spells by level after the Ranger spell list section of the Spell List
Edit: 4/26/14 added the Paladin Oath Spells to the Paladin List (also added Misty Step to the Spell List)
Edit: 5/14/14 fixed dropbox link, sorry guys.

I've never liked the way the Spell PDF is layed out (I understand as it's a free playtest) in alphabetical order and not being organized by class. My previous incarnations were separate files by class but with the new packet I compiled the data on one single document.

Having a way to quickly review spells has been valuable to me, my fellow players, and our DM.

Additionally I have completed the sortable bestiary that I mentioned it is saved as a Google spread sheet.

Make sure that you are logged in first then go to File > Make Copy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnRnFgA_yyEAdDh4SkVyTDRQWHQxQUtQMTlCam9WQlE&usp=sharing

Edit: 10/14/13 added Monsters from Murder in Baldur's Gate adventure to the Bestiary

Edit: (12/9/13 added Monsters from Legacy of the Crystal Shard to the Bestiary) somehow lost these entries, I will input again and notate.

Edit: 12/29/13 added Monsters from Against the Slave Lords to the Bestiary

Edit: 1/7/13 re-added Monsters from Legacy of the Crystal Shard to the Bestiary

Very useful - thanks!

Aye, brilliant! If I had the knowhow I woul've liked to do the same for the bestiary.

Brilliant!  And this is how technology can enhance D&D.  Thank you very much.

This is very cool. As you maybe read on the forum, I currently work on a Character editor for D&D Next. This PDF of yours will make my work (while typing in and checking spells) much easier! Thanks.

Thanks for your replies folks!

As for the Bestiary, I'm working on a Google survey/form that will let me quickly input all the monsters into a spreadsheet that can be sorted by any of the monster info.

For instance a DM could sort by monster level to find new monsters for an encounter that will match his/her player's characters. Or sort by AC to find a "Boss" that will be hard but not impossible for their player's characters to hit. It won't be the prettiest thing in the world but will be very usefull.

Once I have the speadsheet done, I'll post it up for you folks as well.

This is such a huge help, thanks for putting it together. And thanks for sharing it!

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Thanks for your praise guys, it is truly appreciated.

I have finished the Bestiary Spreadsheet that I mentioned previously, it is saved as a Google Spreadsheet:

Make sure that you are logged in and then go to File > Make a Copy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnRnFgA_yyEAdGxzdlFfbHVLektycTlHVWQ5bko4aEE&usp=sharing

Once you have it saved into your Google Drive you can use it there or Download it to your HDD as various filetypes.

I like using it in Google drive myself, I find it easier to sort the various columns as needed.

Awesome, thank you!

Out of curiosity, does this include the critters from the adventure-specific bestiaries in the adventure folder?

One thing missing from the bestiary is the XP and level of each monster.

Email me by adding one to my username @ gmail.com. I think I can help.

DPR King Candidates 3.0
How much damage should I shoot for?
You're fired : 1 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .2 KPR Fair Striker : 2 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .4 KPR Highly Optimized : 3 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .6 KPR Nerfbat please : 4 Kills Per 5 Rounds = .8 KPR It's OVER 9000!!!!!: 5 Kills Per 5 Rounds = 1+ KPR
DPR? KPR? KP4R? Bless you
DPR = Damage Per round ~= Chance to hit * damage on a hit KPR = Kills Per Round. 1 Kill = 8*Level+24 damage = DPR/(8*level+24) KPNR = Kills Per N Rounds. How many standards can you kill in N rounds?

@Azzy1974: No so far this is just from the main Bestiary file, I may add them in.

@borg285: The Level and XP are in the spreadsheet, colums R and S...

I just added Monsters from the Murder in Baldur's Gate adventure to the spreadsheet, new link in the original post. I'll eventually get to the other adventures.

Dude, you are awesome!

Excellent work.

I know that it's been a while but I wanted to let you folks know that I added the monsters from the Legacy of the Crystal Shard adventure to the Bestiary.

L E G E N D!  I had not noticed your spells document earlier -- this makes it vastly easier.

Updated the Bestiary with Against the Slave Lords, new link in the OP.

Awesome thank you!!!!!!!

I love the spell list and use it a lot but really wish there was one divided by level instead of alphabet.

Gonchar wrote:

I love the spell list and use it a lot but really wish there was one divided by level instead of alphabet.

Done, there is now a list of all spells by level after the Ranger spell list.
I also added links to each of it's sections throughout the document.

If anybody else has any feedback or requests, please feel free to let me know.

Wow, awesome.

I like the Bestiary. Is there any chance of adding a source field (ie, Bestiary, Against the Slave Lords, etc)? This would help both in knowing where to look up the entry, as well as in judging which monsters are (more) statistically outdated than others.

Sword_of_Spirit wrote:

I like the Bestiary. Is there any chance of adding a source field (ie, Bestiary, Against the Slave Lords, etc)? This would help both in knowing where to look up the entry, as well as in judging which monsters are (more) statistically outdated than others.

I'll see what I can do, it might be difficult as the spreadsheet is populated from a google docs form.

As it is you can look at the first column and see when I inputed each monsters data and correlate it to my update notes in the OP...

Edit: I have added a column on the left that lists the Bestiary source. Upon inspection I found that the entries for Legacy of the Crystal Shard somehow dissapeared, I will enter them in as soon as I can.

Cool, thanks.

This is really handy. Thank you! Do you suppose you may add the cleric domain lists (Life, Light, War) to the Cleric section?

Again, awesome!

rwschris wrote:

This is really handy. Thank you! Do you suppose you may add the cleric domain lists (Life, Light, War) to the Cleric section?

Done!

Edit: I also added in the spells for the Druid Circle of the Land types (note that there are some spells that I do not have descriptions for yet, if anybody has older test packets with these please let me know)

The spell list sped up my groups' game time tenfold when it came to looking up a spell effect. In fact I'd look it up on this file while the other person looked it up on a fully printed book and beat em!  Thx so much !!!

This is EXACTLY how a Spell List PDF should be formatted, great job.

Why on earth a professional company such as WotC, with their ressources, cannot produce stuff like this is beyond me.

Virtual Table Topping with D&D Next

D&D Next blog with campaign session recaps, various house rules, new monsters and other various RPG and VTT stuff.

Fighter, Path of the Warlord (first draft)

Tainted Drahie (legendary creature concept)

Sn0wraven1973 wrote:

The spell list sped up my groups' game time tenfold when it came to looking up a spell effect. In fact I'd look it up on this file while the other person looked it up on a fully printed book and beat em!  Thx so much !!!

mutonizer wrote:

This is EXACTLY how a Spell List PDF should be formatted, great job.

Why on earth a professional company such as WotC, with their ressources, cannot produce stuff like this is beyond me.

Thanks folks! I really appreaciate the feedback. I just hope they have something like this available for us at release.

FYI; I also just updated the spell list with notations for the ritual spells.

Forgot the Paladin Domain spells. I would love to add them for you but don't have the RAW format. 

Let me know if you need any help.

sliceoffruit wrote:

Forgot the Paladin Domain spells. I would love to add them for you but don't have the RAW format. 

Let me know if you need any help.

As noted in the OP I have updated the Spell List with the Paladin Oath Spells and added Misty Step the Spell List. Thanks for the feedback!
I honestly had not looked at the Paladin section enough to know about Oath Spells and none of the other players in my group play a Paladin, sorry bout that.

Is there any plan to add monsters from the Dungeons of Dread bestiaries? I was just glancing through and there are *a lot* of things in there, including many classic monsters.

KarLorian wrote:

Hey everybody, I'm not really sure which forum to put this so here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dugptw9q2zlgaoq/Spells%20With%20Class%20Lists.pdf

Edit: 3/3/14 added notation in the lists for all ritual spells

Edit: 1/7/14 added a list of all spells by level after the Ranger spell list section of the Spell List
Edit: 4/26/14 added the Paladin Oath Spells to the Paladin List (also added Misty Step to the Spell List)

I've never liked the way the Spell PDF is layed out (I understand as it's a free playtest) in alphabetical order and not being organized by class. My previous incarnations were separate files by class but with the new packet I compiled the data on one single document.

Having a way to quickly review spells has been valuable to me, my fellow players, and our DM.

Hello. The link for the spells seems to be broken now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dugptw9q2zlgaoq/Spells%20With%20Class%20Lists.pdf

Can you post the PDF again so I can download it? It is truly awesome and extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Klorox

Sorry about that guys,

Dropbox screwed up the link somehow,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssommjystf691lt/Spells%20With%20Class%20Lists.pdf

This one should work now.

Thanks

Any chance to update this wtih the new Dead in Thay suplement rules?

I'll look into it, I didn't know that they added stuff with Dead in Thay.

No Encounters near me.

Edit: Also keep in mind that I may have to pull these resources depending on liscening upon release.

Sign In to post comments