Best wine in Sigil?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Odd question. But does anyone know what the best, most expensive wine in Sigil is? And if it has any game statistics, from any edition, please supply.
Planes Wanderer
I fear that I cannot help much, but I prefer a nice Zelatar Viperwine*, the result of fermented fruits of the vipertrees of Azzagrat (Abyssal layers 45-47, dominion of Graz'zt). I've heard tanar'ri say that it is best when a portion of vipertree venom is mixed in, but am none too keen to try it, being somewhat more vulnerable to poisons than they are...

- Veltharis ap Rylix

*I made up this beverage sometime back for personal use, so no game statistics, I'm afraid. Feel free to make some up, if you wish... :p
Elysium red wine (4 sp in the Tear of the Barghest, a tavern favored by moneylenders and landlords)

other mentions

Mistberry wine (not known price, favorite of Bordon Mok from Benni's Tap Room in the Hive Ward - obviously not that expensive)

at Masty's (the Market Ward, 1 sp per glass, for better class bubbers)

Chirper's has 200 varieties in their cellar

The Bottle & Jug (the Hive Ward) has cherry wine, 1 sp per glass

just a rumor, alchemists seek the blood of Aoskar, a substance that resembles wine, it is said to function as an universal portal key
**** 4e.
also forgot about the heartwine (made from razorvine) from Curst, sold in Sigil for 100 gp a bottle
**** 4e.
100 gp a bottle? Now that's what I'm talking about! Is it worth the price?
Planes Wanderer
Probably, tough I guess it's cheaper in Curst

Although it’s a bitter cage, Curst makes good wines, probably so a bubber can flush out his sorrows. The best of these is heartwine, a slightly sour and heady drink made from razorvine. It sells for 100 gp a bottle and is prized by gourmands in Sigil. The production process is a secret known only to the Cilenei Brothers, two elves from the Prime Material Plane. Both are wizards, so figure the process is magical in nature. Heartwine’s the only useful thing ever made from the cursed weed, short of barricades.

(it's in PSCS: Sigil and Beyond, pg. 36)
**** 4e.
Fortune`s Wheel in the Lady`s Ward sells Firewine for 6gp a glass.

Source. In the Cage: A guide to Sigil.

I dream of Beer Head Armies.

Autocard is our friend. [c‍]Urborg Mindsucker[/‍c] → Urborg Mindsucker

Well, if you're looking for something expensive, the Fortune's Wheel is probably the place to get it...

There's always a glass of Marauder's Mirth, but that's not exactly safe to drink unless you're immune to the mind-erasing effects of the Styx. It's also a cocktail rather than a wine but I doubt her fiendishness would drink it if it wasn't expensive.

There is an inn called 'The Well and Harp' in Sigil that caters to centaurs. They sure know their wine!

www.twinmooncircus.net/planes_places.htm...

pl_lop_logo_01.jpg

There's always a glass of Marauder's Mirth, but that's not exactly safe to drink unless you're immune to the mind-erasing effects of the Styx. It's also a cocktail rather than a wine but I doubt her fiendishness would drink it if it wasn't expensive.

Expensive and well worth it. shemmysmile.gif
Shemeska the Marauder, Freelancer 5 / Yugoloth 10
Odd question. But does anyone know what the best, most expensive wine in Sigil is? And if it has any game statistics, from any edition, please supply.

Late to the party, but bearing gifts nonetheless:

www.planewalker.com/forum/sigil-menu

As per the tag, there's ample items described with prices to boot.
Keep in mind that all sourcebooks intentionally left large parts of Sigil vague or unmapped. Some even went so far as to say The Lady could modify the city's size at will. Whatever your characters find in Sigil, there will always be something more expensive :P. The menu link above is a great start though!

That said, keep in mind that a term like 'best' is very arbitrary somewhere like Sigil, where every species in the cosmos can be found. Using an objective measurement like 'most expensive' is more likely to net you a definite answer, but beware. Perhaps the most expensive Wine in Sigil is a 125,000 gp per bottle concoction of holy water and radiant magic coveted by celestials, which tastes like little more than salty water and functions as a potion of life when consume by PCs. Or perhaps a 40,000gp bottle of brew that many fiends are addicted to is actually a deadly poison to a human.