Epic Ettin Mod

Here's a project that I've been working on for quite a while now. I just finished it up last weekend, but have been unable to post it on my site due to a hectic schedule this last week.

[ATTACH]5980[/ATTACH]

The ball and chain was created using the same technique as I used in my Two Headed Troll. The net was created from some old fish netting I had that I found at a garage sale. The snow, ice and frost was created using the baking soda technique for the snow, clear resin 'rocks' that I created using a mold I have from a hobby store were used to make the ice at his feet, and some 'snow' flocking material for the frosted look on the metal. The weights on the end of the net come from a couple of Painsmash Dreamblade miniatures.

My gallery still hasn't been able to function properly in IE7 (haven't really had time to monkey with it), but for those still interested in browsing my gallery it can be found here.
You. Are. My. Hero.
:OMG! :OMG! :OMG!

THAT is fantastic!

Excellent use of the snow, the facial detail is great and I really love the stitching detail on his/their kilt.

...I may have to give that a try.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Frith, Watership Down

9.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

I love it, amazing detail!
I'm still stunned!

The Ettin made me
Your Troll made me
and after browsing through your gallery :OMG!
Your works are flawless - you are an artist!
Very inventive idea on the flail!
My SWM Customs http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19480622/Protoss_SWM_Customs My DDM Customs http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75866/19482314/Protoss_DDM_Customs
That is far far FAR beyond cool.
You are a master!
Fantastic
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
Thanks everyone

This was certainly one of my harder projects to complete.

...now I just need my RPG group to get their characters high enough level to face a huge-sized ettin! :evillaugh
...now I just need my RPG group to get their characters high enough level to face a huge-sized ettin! :evillaugh

I know! I hate that!
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Frith, Watership Down

9.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

Regarding your gallery...

I love the Panda!!! I want to TPK a group with a panda.

I love the gelatinous cube. Is that a warhammer skeleton in there?
Regarding your gallery...

I love the Panda!!! I want to TPK a group with a panda.

I love the gelatinous cube. Is that a warhammer skeleton in there?

Yeah, the skele is from a Warhammer Tomb Kings Regiment (?) box set I picked up for cheap a while back. I use a clear acrylic rod to suspend the skele. I'm working on another version with different casting material currently. Hopefully it will be done sometime soon.

Pandas...everyone should have a Dire Panda :P Now that's a mini I'd love to see WoTC make!
nice work! if you ever decide to get rid of some of your resin gelatinous cubes on ebay let me know!!! i would love to get one of those...
Sign In to post comments