Resident Evil for Modern d20

2283 posts / 0 new
Last post
First of, YES I know there is a Videogame d20 board and YES I know that a CoC supplement exist for download at Yog-Sothoth.com.
Now with that out of the way.

That supplement is great and thorough but since Modern was released to me it seems as a more appropiate rule set to use for RE. Second the Supplement is a little out of date since RE0, RE Outbreak and RE4 have been released. Also some creatures are missing like the Giant Viper and the Giant Crocodile/Alligator (which ever to not sure). I would also like to include in it more info on the other no so popular RE games like gaiden, Gun Survivor, etc.

If anyone knows any of the original autors of the supplement and or could get me intouch with them, I would greatly appreciate it since I would like to recruit their aid for this. And get as much fans of RE involved in this as possible, to make a great supplement for Modern.

Okay so the thread is huge I know, thats why I am providing this Link to an index of this very thread which will make your life easier.
I'm a huge fan of the RE series, and have even run a few RE based games. I'll help out anyway I can...
Thats gerat. I've hosted my own RE games aswell ad found a great supplement for RE. Just search "Resident Evil"
here and it should appear. What I would like to do is roughly turn this supplement into a Modern version and cover the games that have been release which are not covered in this supplement.

To begin Modern has Occupations. Here is what I think could be the RE occupations. Raccoon CIty was destroyed but its best to have all bases covered.

R.P.D Officer
Same as Law Enforcement

S.T.A.R.S (Special Tactics And Rescue Squad)
Raccoon City’s elite police force.
Prerequisite: Age 21
Skills: Choose two of the following skills as permanent class skills. If a skill you select is already a class skill, you receive a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill.
Computer Use (Int), Concentration (Con), Demolitions (Int), Disable Device (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Use Rope (Dex)
Bonus Feat: Select one of the following: Brawl, Combat Martial Arts, Light Armor proficiency, or Personal Firearms Proficiency.
Wealth Bonus Increase: +1

U.B.C.S (Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service)
U.B.C.S is the army & security of Umbrella Inc. Although the U.B.C.S operatives handle delicate matters, they are rarely informed about the nature of their missions and they are considered very expendable despite their elite training.
Prerequisite: Age 20
Skills: Choose two of the following skills as permanent class skills. If a skill you select is already a class skill, you receive a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill.
Computer Use (Int), Concentration (Con), Demolitions (Int), Disable Device (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Use Rope (Dex)
Bonus Feat: Select one of the following: Brawl, Combat Martial Arts, Light Armor proficiency, or Personal Firearms Proficiency.
Wealth Bonus Increase: +1

Umbrella Scientist
These are Umbrella’s top researchers. They are highly informed in the tasks at hand, rarely knowing more than what they are supposed too.
Prerequisite: Age 25
Skills: Choose two of the following skills as permanent class skills. If a skill you select is already a class skill, you receive a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill. Craft (pharmaceutical), Computer Use, Gather Information, Knowledge (Behavioral sciences, earth & life sciences, or technology), Research, Search, Treat Injury.

Next post I will provide Herb combinations, First aid sprays and the like.
The appearance of these herbs across Raccoon city and other RE games is not a mystery. Umbrella as a pharmaceutical company was genetically altering these generic plants for many purposes, in order to accumulate more funds for thier other projects. Even in RE4 we find these herbs in laboratories, behind extractors and withing petridishes.

Green Herb:
Restore 1d6 Hp.

Blue Herb:
Grants a second save throw to resist the effects of poison or counteracting poisons.

Red Herb:
Has no effect on its own. Can be mixed with other Herbs for various effects.

Yellow Herb (RE4):
Has no effect on its own. Must be mixed with other Herbs.

2 Mixed Green Herbs:
Restores 1d8 Hp. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC10

3 Mixed Green Herbs:
restores 2d4 Hp. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC15

Green & Blue mixed Herbs:
Restores 1d6+2 Hp and grants a second save throw to resist the effects of poison or counteracting poisons. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC15

Two Green & one Blue mixed Herb:
Restores 2d6+2 Hp and grants a second save throw to resist the effects of poison or counteracting poisons. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC20

Green & Red mixed Herb:
Restores 2d4 Hp. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC15

Two Green & one Red mixed Herb:
Restores 2d8 Hp. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC20

Green, Blue & Red mixed Herb:
Restores 2d4 Hp and grants a second save throw to resist the effects of poison or counteracting poisons. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC22

Green & Yellow mixed Herb:
Restores 1d6+2 hp and permanently increases Hp by 1d4 points. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC20

Green, Red & Yellow mixed Herb:
Resores 2d4 Hp and permanently increases Hp by 1d4 points. Craft (Pharmaceutical) DC22

On a failed check the herbs are permanently lost.

*Note:
If the craft DC is failed the herbs become useless.
**Special:
The DM may suggest that specific mixes have additional effects other than those mentioned here. Be creative and have fun.
First Aid Spray:
Restores 4d8 Hp.

Antidote:
Grants a second save throw to resist the effects of poison or counteracting poisons, with a +2 on the save.

Serum:
Grants a second save throw to resist the effects of poison or counteracting poisons,and lowers the Save DC by 5.

Homeostatic Capsule:
A pill used to stop bleeding & infections.

Medical Kit:
It is used to treat daze, unconscious, or stunned characters, to provide long-term care. Using the kit may restore 1d8+1Hp (5 uses), treat poisoned or diseased people and/or to stabilize a wounded character. Without this you make a Treat Injury check for either of these purposes (other than restoring Hp) with a –4 penalty.

First Aid Kit:
One-time use Medical Kit.
For some time now I've been dealing with a minor issue with d20 Modern's skills.
You can "PICK" a lock and "DISABLE" a trap! Not do both with the same skill. Since Jill used to pick locks, here is my little fix:
*Note:Some government agencies teach agents how to pick locks.

Lock Pick (Dex; Trained Only)
You can pick padlocks, combination locks, puzzle locks and others. The effort requires a simple tool of the appropriate sort. If attempted without a tool you take a –2 circumstance penalty to your check.
Check: Opening a lock requires 1 round of work and a successful check.
Special: Treat as Class skill for Fast Heroes and Infiltrators.

Another issue I had was with Sleight of hand, yes you can do nifty little tricks but its not exactly STEALING!And not just that, anyone can attempt to steal something from someone else. So here we go:

Steal (Dex; Untrained. Armor check penalty)
You can make other peoples property yours.
Check: Your steal check is opposed by the Spot check of anyone who might see you. If successful the object is yours.
Special: Treat as a Class skill for Fast Heroes.
In Rer we see Leon is a good knife fighter, and we also notice that Krauser is even better, so here is my take on their abilities.

Close Quarter Combat (CQC)
You are trained in techniques of grappling, attacking and dealing massive damage when armed with a knife in melee encounters.
Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +3, Weapon Focus (knife) and proficiency with knives.
Benefit: When engaged in melee or grappling you gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your attack rolls, grapple checks, damage rolls, strength checks for breaking a grapple and/or pinning your opponent and disarming attempts.

Quick Strike
(Used the Reactive shooter feat from Ultramodern Firearms as the base model for this feat.)
You react instantly with a melee weapon.
Prerequisite: Dex 13
Benefit: If you have a Medium-size or smaller melee weapon on hand, you may act in the surprise round even if you are surprised. You roll initiative as if you were not surprised. The only action you may take in the surprise round, however is a single attack with the weapon in your hand. You may make this attack at your highest attack bonus, but you suffer a -5 penalty on the attack.
You still are considered flat-footed during the surprise round.
Normal: If you are surprised at the beginning of combat, you cannot take any actions during the surprise round.

Knife Fighting
You know how to hit were it hurts when using a knife while engaged in melee or grappling.
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +3, Weapon Focus (Knife), Proficiency with knives.
Benefit: You deal an additional +2 to damage when using a knife while grappling or in melee combat.
For some time now I've been dealing with a minor issue with d20 Modern's skills.
You can "PICK" a lock and "DISABLE" a trap! Not do both with the same skill. Since Jill used to pick locks, here is my little fix:
*Note:Some government agencies teach agents how to pick locks.

Picking a Lock and Disabling a trap both require a certain type of manual dexterity and a certain knowledge of mechanical and electrical devices. One skill that does both makes sense as written (though a trapped door would require 2 checks). It's an example of one of many skills that may feel too broad by real-world definitions, but is done that way for game balance. A better way to deal with the broadness is to allow players to take a bonus on one type of roll with the skill (in this case pick locks) in exchange for a penalty on the roll of the other things within the skill (like trap disarming, hotwiring cars, etc). Bonus cannot be higher than your ranks, and bonus + ranks cannot be higher than Max Rank. This could apply to other skills as well (like knowledge physical sciences, +2 to physics, -2 to chemistry and math)

Another issue I had was with Sleight of hand, yes you can do nifty little tricks but its not exactly STEALING!And not just that, anyone can attempt to steal something from someone else.

Anyone can try, but how many people can do that without any sort of training or practice? If you still think they can, then allow Pick Pockets rolls to be made untrained. In general, what is picking someone's pocket? manipulating an item so that your target does not notice the manipulation. same with magic tricks really. Though again I suppose you could use the above variant with Slight of Hand as well...seems a bitstacked though, maybe a +2 bonus should cost 1 skill point (as well as applying a -2 to other rolls?)

The Sprays and things seem a bit stacked...the herbs start off relativly reasonable, though i'd probably convert to d4s (an herb being as good as surgery?) As for "they heal a lot in the game" assume the characters in the game have 8-10 Hit Points (starting level physical characters) and use that (or 6) as a basis.

Or, use 10 as the base and use the wounds/vitality rules in my sig. I've come up with decent called shot rules (that arn't rediculously stacked), I'll actually write them up if there's demand (though they require wounds/vitality or else they're too stacked)
Yay! Creative critisism!
Thanks for the suggestion on the herbs. I'd appreciate you also telling me upto what part do you feel the Herbs to be well balanced. Also the Steal/Pick Poket skill can be used untrained thats why I didnt write "Trained only" but I just edited that in right now to clear it up, I assumed it was clear. Also I dont want to use the Vitality/Wounds system (yours, star wars and anyother) is because I want to keep this as Modern d20 as possible without rearing to far(no offense intended).
Like I've mentioned before, what I wish to accomplish is to update an existing supplement for RE that was made for Call of Cuthulu, though I intend to revise it into Modern d20 rules, most of them. The supplement contains a set of Called Shot rules which I've used before and work great for any game as a variant rule if the players wish to incorporate them. But feel free to post yours. I was readying my next post to be the exclusive rules or rule variants and Called Shot rules were the main ones also along with some for the use of Stocks with weapons such as MP5s and other weapons.

I would appreciate any help, any critisism and any suggestions!!!! Thank all of you for your time!
Mine sorta depend on wounds/vitality in order to be useful in situations where you're fighting regular, human oponents...mainly because you onbly get a benefit if you inflict wound damage with a called shot, and the benefit is minor (-5ft to enemy movement, -2 to rolls that involve that arm, or ignore armor DR with a headshot...). Very weak rules, but there'd be feats to help, which become VERY useful if you have to hit that zombie in the head to take it out...

Though I basically agree with your argument about picking pockets untrained (actually I don't but I also don't care, it's a valid opinion and have fun with it) it doesn't warrant a seperate skill, though allowing people to use sleight of hand untrained to get stuff off of other people seems okay to me. Again, the broad skills used in d20 Modern seem weird, but it's a game balance thing. If you start splitting them, the smaller skills you end up with are weak in comparison to the older skills. by analogy, we can argue splitting up all knowledge skills [physical sciences = physics, engineering, math, chemistry, theology and philosophy splits in an obvious way (though you could also argue to cut each into eastern/western as well), behavioral = neuroscience and psychology, etc] and even skills like drive (motercycle, standard, automatic). Point is, while I understand where the argument comes from, it has a tendancy to get carried away. My above suggestion sorta fixes it in a amnner that should be more balanced (you can set up your character to know one of the subgroupings but not all, for 3/4 the skill point cost). You could even allow bonuses to be bought for the other subgroupings as well 9though at that point you'd be losing skill points) and limit that no skill is has rank + bonus higher than max rank and that skill points in the skill are not higher than max rank either.

example: in real life, i know nothing of chemistry and engineering (though i can pretend, but i digress) so assuming level 1, we could model my knowledgee (physical sciences) as 2 ranks, +1 bonus in physics, +1 bonus in mathematics. therefore, for rolls, I get: Math +4, Physics +4, Chem +0, Engineering +0. But I can still make checks in engineering/chemistry (as it's the main skill) which is fine, as I often can follow what my father tells me about his work (in spite of never having any training in engineering and mostly be told stuff at a bar). Not sure if that helps you, but there it is. Only issue with my example is that Now I have a character who spent 4 skill points for less. At only Physics with a bonus, I spent 3 skill points to pump physics to +4 but have 0s accross the board for the other skills.

I can understand the wanting to keep the rules the same, though the game almost went wounds/vitality (it didn't because of Urban Arcana, so that you can port in D&D monsters with no issues...as opposed to having some sort of quick conversion guide for them)

The herbs: 1d6 for a simple herb may be large, but it seems to work out. Just remember that most people only have 6 hit points, so assuming you roll all 4s and 3s, 4s first, fiogure out how much each should heal off of that. If you drop it down to d4s, the green herb no longer is beter than surgery...and the others (7d4) are stacked but less so (21 points of healing, the average for 7d4, still brings someone from -9 up to full with points left over, assuming first level).
Viper
Huge T-Virus Mutation
HD: 4d8 +4 (22Hp)
Initiative: +4 (Dex)
Speed: 20ft., Climb 20ft., Swim 20ft.
Ac: 15 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +3Natural)
Attack: Bite +5melee
Damage: Bite 1d6
Face/Reach: 15ft. by 15ft./10ft.
Special Attack: Poison (DC15); Infectious
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort: +5 Ref: +8 Will +2
Abilities: Str 10 Dex 19 Con 13 Int 2 Wis 12 Cha 2
Skills: Balance +12, Climb +12 Hide +3, Listen +9, Spot +9
Feats: Weapon Finesse (Bite)
CR: 4

Poison: The initial and secondary damage of the viper’s poison is 1d6 constitution damage.

Crocodile
Huge T-Virus Mutation
HD: 7d8 +28 (59Hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 20ft., Swim 30ft.
Ac: 16 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +7 Natural)
Attack: Bite +13melee, Tail Slap +12 melee
Damage: Bite 1d8+12, Tail Slap 1d12+12
Face/Reach: 10ft. by 20ft./10ft.
Special Attack: Swallow Whole, Infectious
Special Qualities: Improved Grab
Saves: Fort: +9 Ref: +6 Will +3
Abilities: Str 27 Dex 12 Con 19 Int 1 Wis 12 Cha 2
Skills: Hide +3, Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Weapon Focus (Bite & Tail Slap)
CR: 5

Swallow Whole: The crocodile may attempt to swallow whole opponents after making a second successful grapple check after having initiated a grapple. The opponent can be up to one size category smaller than the crocodile.

Improved Grab: The crocodile may initiate a grapple check immediately after a successful bite attack.

*All T-Virus created mutants and creatures are considered Infectious, meaning they can pass on the T-Virus with a successful attack.
Nemesis
Large Abberation (5;10) (CR 20-24)
Ability Scores: Strength 20, Dexterity 18, Constitution 18, 12 Intelligence, 14 Wisdom, 10 Charisma
Hit dice: 16D8+64 (136 hitpoints)
Base Attack and Grapple: +12, Grapple +21
Saving Throws: Fortitude +9, Reflex +9, Will +12
Defense: 29 (8 Natural, 8 Steel Reinforced and Grafted Trench Coat, 4 dexterity, -1 size)
Pertinent Skills: Spot +21, Listen +21, Jump +46 standing, 52 after 20 feet.
Attacks: Unique Rocket Launcher (See weaponry below) +16,+11,+6, Unique Gatling Gun 4d12, +18,+13,+8, Slam 2d10+7;+17,+12,+7
Feats: Personal Firearms, Advanced Firearms, Burst Fire, Exotic Firearms: Machine Guns, Exotic Firearms: Rocket Launchers
Speed: 60 feet. (12 squares)
Special Qualities:

Damage Reduction 3/-
Immune to Mind affecting
Immune to Paralysis via electricity (damage is dealt normally)
Immune to Acid
Immune to fall damage
Racial +20 to Jump

Die Hard: Nemesis can move, but not attack, when reduced to 0 to -10 HP.

Threat Awareness: As long as whomever created this Nemesis unit still has a working computer network, the Nemesis gets information on every living creature within it's sight range if it spends a free action to assess them. This gives him a reading from "Harmless," "Threat," "Major Threat" and also if the target is one that he has been programmed to seek out and destroy. Due to the advanced nature of his sensor array, he can also use this action against creatures standing within 5 feet of a wall, floor or ceiling which is in his line of sight. This is attained only if the creature gives off a heat signature. Also, this ability allows the Nemesis to make a spot check at a -10 penalty to notice a creature through a structure or obstruction. This ability also causes him to ignore miss chance caused by concealment.

Nemesis Report: If a Nemesis makes visual contact with a target or a target's heat signature, he automatically sends the data back to his employer/creator. This gives them all of the information he has seen in the field, making him a valuable reconnaisance tool as well.

Unfettered: The Nemesis unit has been built to perform one task; eliminate targets in the most efficient way possible. If he has prior data of a creatures location, or is in pursuit of a creature, he may choose to expend 10 feet of his movement to move 5 feet through a solid structure. The structure must have a hardness less than his strength score. If he is running or charging, treat his strength score as if it were five higher. He can only use this ability on a double move, using it during a 5x movement would cause far too much damage to his form.

Nemesis Fast Healing: A standard issue Nemesis unit takes all damage normally. However, due to his increased cellular efficiency he gains fast healing 5. His fast healing is variable, however; and if he is in a noncombat situation for more than 10 rounds, it doubles to fast healing 10, and continues at this rate until he is full. As a fail-safe, the Nemesis may spend a full-round action to increase his fast healing to 20 per round for 5 rounds once per day. During this full round, he is denied his dexterity.

Tendril Mutation: The Nemesis unit may, as a move action deploy 4 tendrils. Each one of these is a natural attack at a +17 that deals 2d4+2 points of damage. They each have a range of 15 feet and may be used to grapple a medium size or smaller creature at a -20 penalty individually or all four may be used at no penalty. During any round in which a creature is grappled by all four tendrils, the tendrils make a single opposed grapple check at a +21(without the -20 penalty) and deal 8d4+7 points of crushing damage on a success. As another option, all four tendrils may make a single grapple check and fling the opponent into the air. The amount thrown is 1d6x5 feet for every 5 by which the opposed grapple check differs (IE: Defender check result is 15 and the Nemesis rolls a 30, he defender would be thrown 3d6. If rolled an 8, he would be thrown upwards, or horizontally 40 feet, and take fall damage appropriately). A creature grappled by the Nemesis is considered to be denied his dexterity to these tendrils, and if grappled by the tendrils, denied his or her dexterity to the Nemesis.

G-Virus contagion: The Nemesis may choose to expend a full round action to infect an unconscious creature with the G-Virus. The effects are adjucated by the GM, but most commonly the creature is turned into a zombie (which I will post later). The DC to avoid infection is 12. The weakness of this disease is due to this ability not being intentional by the creature's original engineers.

Massive Damage Threshold Altered: If a creature deals enough damage to the Nemesis to force a massive damage save, on a failure, the Nemesis loses it's fast healing ability, as well as has his speed reduced by 3/4th (speed changed to 15). He will then attempt to kill the creature that forced this save, and when reduced to 0 HP he will run away.
Special Attacks:

Rush: If a nemesis charges an opponent to with the intent of beginning a grapple, he may use his full iterate attack bonuses. He may not simply make 3 melee attacks however.
Strangle: A nemesis unit may sometimes have to resort to simply choking a victim. To do this he makes a melee touch attack as if he were beginning a grapple, it provokes an attack of opportunity as normal; though it does not fail if he takes damage as a normal grab attempt would. If he is successful he makes an opposed grapple check, if successful he is now grappling the creature. He may use his iterate attack bonuses from a full attack to do the following options within the same round.
Lift: Any round in which a Nemesis begins grappling a creature, he may make an opposed grapple check to lift a creature of medium size or smaller off of the ground. This ability removes the defender's ability grants the Nemesis a +4 bonus on grapple checks.
Choke: On any round in which a Nemesis begins grappling an opponent, he may make an opposed grapple check to strangle his opponent. The intense pressure caused by the Nemesis removes 5 from the constitution counter each turn. Once the counter reaches 0, only a single save must be made per turn, however.
Slam: Once the Nemesis has lifted a creature, he may slam it into the ground with an opposed grapple check. The "slammed" creature takes 4d8+7 points of damage and becomes prone in the space the Nemesis had brought him or her into on the start of the grapple, and is stunned for 1d4 rounds unless a DC 10+(half of damage dealt, rounded down) fortitude save is made.

Nemesis Weaponry: A Nemesis is issued a UBCS Minigun that also contains a rocket launcher. The rocket launcher deals 8d6 points of damage and has a minimum range of 30 feet, maximum range of 110 feet. He must spend a move action acquiring a target and kneeling in order to fire a rocket.
The minigun fires on autofire only. It's autofire targets a 20 foot area as opposed to a 10 (rules taken from D20 Menace Manual). Also, a Nemesis carries a plethora of grenades attached to his reinforced trench coat.
Using either of a Nemesis unit's weapons is impossible, removal of the trench coat requires a Craft:Mechanical check DC 40 and takes 2 hours. The Jacket is only made wearable via another Craft: Mechanical check DC 50. Failure off the either check dictates that the character completely mangled the jacket, and the effluents inside make it all but unwearable. The statistics will be provided in an appendix below. His weapon requires a Computer Use check DC 50 to recalibrate for the use of a human. This process takes 24-48 hours and must be done at in a single sitting. Failing the check recalibrating the Minigun/Rocket Launcher by 10 or more causes the rockets within to explode, dealing 8d6 damage per rocket, maximum of 20d6, no save is allowed.

UBCS Minigun/Rocket Launcher Combo; Minigun is considered Mastercraft +2 and has a range of 120 feet. The Autofire expends 200 bullets (5.56 NATO) per use and carries 6000 rounds, which are belt fed, usually surrounding the wielder. These cannot be purchased by any means, when converted they have a sell DC 46 (replacement rockets are available in packages of 5 for a purchase DC of 11 (+4 Illegal)).

UBCS "Nemesis" Trench; Heavy Armor; This Steel Reinforced Trenchcoat weighs in at a hefty 150 pounds. However, despite it's weight, it is very wearable to stronger creatures. It provides immunity to paralysis via electricity, as well as a +8 bonus to defense, +4 maximum dexterity and a -4 Armor Check penalty. These cannot be purchased by any means, but when converted they can be sold for a sell DC of 40.
S.A.R. (Search and Rescue): Because of specialized training within the S.T.A.R.S. unit each S.T.A.R.S. member is readily equipped with knowledge of organized tactical rescue missions. This training includes rescuing civilians from highly armed enemy forces, securing a building within a specified perimeter, evacuating others from dangerous hot spots, etc.
This training allows any S.T.A.R.S. member to add +2 to any checks related to specific rescue-related tasks (such as grappling a civilian hanging from a window in a burning building, surveying the immediate area for tactical positioning for a possible gun fight, and spotting possible sniper points and enemy gunner positions).
This training also allows any S.T.A.R.S. member to silently relay information to any other S.T.A.R.S. member within eyesight via the use of hand signals, or relay information in a whisper through any sort of communication device with +10 difficulty for anyone trying to hear the relay.

Black Ops: All U.B.C.S. agents gain access to knowledge as they continually go on missions for Umbrella. This knowledge is usually credited to encounters with Umbrella B.O.W.s that have either escaped or gone rampant after being released. As such, U.B.C.S. members gain field knowledge of how certain creatures attack, what their weak spots are, and where the creature is likely to live or hunt.
After each mission or encounter (GM’s discretion) a U.B.C.S. agent gains certain knowledge about creatures he has encountered. This knowledge depends on the agent’s involvement with the creature. The GM may choose how much, if any, information the agent acquires about a creature. This knowledge, when applicable, gives an agent +2 on all knowledge checks. A GM may give all knowledge about a creature or only pieces of knowledge about a creature depending on a PC’s involvement.
For Example: Agent Johnson has prior engagement history with Lickers but was not with the main group when tracking them. Therefore, he only has knowledge about how to seriously harm them. When facing a Licker, he has +2 on knowledge checks when identifying a Licker and how to harm it the most (in this case, it’s tongue).
I'd love to see this stuff wrapped into an e-book ... too bad a 3rd Gen d20 publisher couldn't get the rights to RE
We'll try. Thats all I promise.
I posted this info on the ZOMBIE thread but it was 50 pages in so I thought I would post it here since I got the Idea from watching RE Apocalypse.
if I could get some feedback and maybe one of you fine folks would run these nasties against a group that hasn't been playing under me for six years and know most of my nastiest tricks by heart. This method avoids the standard undead creature types and intead uses a viral disease to create a genetic Abberation. allowing it to work even in non magical universes. If you are using Urbana arcana or any system that allows for Rebuking or has spells that affect undead these guys are immune since they are abberations./ since the creature that results from the infection is simply a template it will affect any creature that comes in contact with the Virus.
The mutegenic effects of the virus can be similated nicely using the mutation rules from D20 Future. also any "Nemisis" cybernetics you might want to apply are nicely statted out.

I know it ain't real original or that fancy but i like it. the rule set i used for creation was a mixture of D&D 3.5, furture D20, and, modern D20.
any feed back and suggestions are welcome. oh, feel free to use this if you want, but if it triggers any violent response i will deny all responsibility.

G-Phage: Bio weapon of unknown origin, cause physical weakness, disorientation, psychosis, cannibalism, and re animation of victims body after brain death, a G-phage zombie remains active as long as it feeds, and has oxegen to breath if oxygen is depleted or the Zombie drowns then it will drop into a coma and reanimate when oxygen is restored
G-phage is a mutigenic virus, radical alteration of living tissue is possible if a healthy host is directly injected with the virus.suspected G-phage carriers are routinely incinerated on the spot by athourities even if the are not exhibiting and symptoms

G-phage : Injection, injury /18/1d10 + 4 hrs/ 1d8 con(*)(**)/4hrs( every four hours after infection the character must reroll his save)

*The con drains have no other effect than to reduce the ability of the character to resist the diseas, he loses no hit points but becomes fatiged takes on a sickly palor.
** When damaged,by the disease character must succeed on another saving throw or 1 point of damage is permanent drain instead.

Special, when initial save is made against disease is made.Victim must make a Fort save DC 12 or recieve the Drawbacks cosmetic appearance alteration Mindslave, Phermone repulsion and smell, every time a follow up save ia made the fort
save must be rerolled. the character .recieves no benificial mutation pointsFor these these drawbacks.
Special If victim dies while infected the victim reanimates as a G-phage Zombie, and will immeadiatly attack any uninfected
creature within 60 feet, Zombies identify uninfected targets by phermone tags and will attack any moving object that does
not give of that tag,
Special even if Character mackes saves versus disease he is still infected and will reaninmate as a G-phage zombie within 10 to 60 minutes of death, also he is contagious and can infect others by bite or fluid transfer. including to creatures that bite or
feed of of him.
Special if anti toxin is injected on regular basis character recieves fast heal 5,
and damage resistence 5/--, negitive effects of disease are negated by the anti toxin and all positive effects are recieved.
the Anti toxin requires a Life science/ Biology (DC 35) And a Craft Phamaceutical (DC 35) and has a Purchase DC of 25 per weekly injection, if weekly dose is not recieved 1d4 days will pass befor the virus becomes active
SPECIAL, if a Fort DC Of 30 is rolled at any time during process the victims body adapts to the virus and all negitive side effects are permanantly dispelled, the victim recieves the benificial effects, increased stats, fast heal and damage reduction
The Character changes his race from whatever it originaly was to Abberation, and recives the following mutations

leaper
adrenline Jolt
regeneration

If a Character becomes a G-phage Aberration it is likely that any government or agencey who identifies him as such will attempt to kill or detain him, several high profile G-phage Abberations are reasonably unmplested due to there extremely high profile and the devastating results of all previous attempts to capture or neutralize them

G-Phage ZOMBIE
Gphage Zombies are creatures reanimated after brain death by a virulent mutegenic Viral weapon. G-Phage Zombies are violent cannibalistic psychopaths, capable of increadable feats of strength and endurance. while stumbling and slow when not actively attacking they are capable of burst of speed and strength, that are truly inhuman. G-phage zombies lack the mental aptittude for tool use above primative clubs and knives, they can not plan or use even simple devices, such as door locks and elevator contols, though they will lash out blindly at controls and devices out of barely recalled memories , hich will sometimes allow them to open a door or operate a simple swuitch entirely by accident. most of the time when a barrier such as a door window or wall obstructs their path they blindly smash and pound at it until they give up, hours later, or destroy the object. G-pahge zombies lack all but basic verbal skills and may moan or mutter incoherently or might call out names and words that were important to them before infection. G-phage zombies do repond to strong emotional bonds from formaer lives but general they only respond to negitive emotions and then only with insane violence

CREATING A ZOMBIE
“G-phage Zombie” is an acquired template that can be added to any living corporeal creature other than constructs,slimes,molds, undead. the template is applied after death caused By G-phage infection, or death by injury after an untreated G-phage infection
Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to aberration, It retains any subtypes except alignment subtypes and subtypes that indicate kind. It does not gain the augmented subtype. It uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
Hit Dice: use an unintellegent creatures base hit dice doubled and raise them to d12s., intellegent creatures use there base characther class but dissregard any prestige class levels to determine hit dice. all hit dice become D12's and all hit points are rerolled using new con and other modifiers as needed, if the result is less than the original number the the new hit points are uses instead.

Speed: If the base creature can fly, its maneuverability rating drops to clumsy.
Armor Class: Natural armor bonus increases by a number based on the zombie’s size:
Tiny or smaller+0
Small+1
Medium+2
Large+3
Huge+4
Gargantuan+7
Colossal+11
Base Attack: A G-phage zombie has a base attack bonus equal to 1/2 its Hit Dice.
Attacks: A G-phage zombie retains all the natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature. A G-phagezombie also gains a slam attack.
Damage: Natural and manufactured weapons deal damage normally. A slam attack deals damage depending on the zombie’s size. (Use the base creature’s slam damage if it’s better.)
Fine1Diminutive1d2
Tiny1d3
Small1d4
Medium1d6
Large1d8
Huge2d6
Gargantuan2d8
Colossal4d6
Special Attacks: A G-phage zombie retains none of the base creature’s special attacks.
Special Qualities: A G-phage zombie loses most special qualities of the base creature. It retains any extraordinary special qualities that improve its melee or ranged attacks
Saves: Base save bonuses are Fort +1/3 HD, Ref +1/3 HD, and Will +1/2 HD + 2.
Abilities: A G-phage zombie’s Strength increases by +2, its Dexterity decreases by 2, it has no Constitution or Intelligence score, its Wisdom changes to 10, and its Charisma changes to 1.
Skills: A G-phage zombie has no skills.
Mutations: Phermone Repulsion, Mindslave, Smell,tracking scent
Feats: A G-phage zombie loses all feats of the base creature and gains regeneration,( negated by head shot fire or acid) Damage resistence 5, run, jump, and the melle smash talent.
Environment: Any
Organization: Any.
Advancement: As base creature, but double Hit Dice (maximum 20), or - if the base creature advances by character class.
Level Adjustment: -.

If an intellegent creature over 10 hit dice is reanimated it becomes a G-phage Revenant and retains all clases, clas skills and benifits , memories, abilities, feats talents and perks it had before infection. A G-phage revenant keeps and uses it's original BAB and combat modifiers. It does however pick up the G-phage Zombie traits, benifits, and drawbacks .
although it must make a Will (DC 15) save every 24 hours to resist the mental degridation and psychosis common to G-phage infection.
it recieves a +2 CR and can not be healed by any means other than it's own regenerative abilities
Further exposure to G-phage Virus will most likely, (Fort Save DC 20 to resist) Trigger a Nemisis expression the expression will force the Character to select 3d6 points worth of mutation drawbacks and gain a like number of beneficial mutation points. cosmetic appearance change, and cosmetic voice change, are automatic
excellent stuff so far. do you mind If i use some of it? I'm thinking of running an RE scenario myself and some of this stuff, actually most of it is pretty good
Go right ahead! Thats why ots being posted. Once we finished or are satisfied with the product of our brainstorming, we shall try to release a web e-book available somewere.

For those of you using this material please help me by letting me know what problems you came across and how you delt with them, also any suggestions or anything.

Thanks and enjoy!
I have adjusted the herb's healing power greatly, in an attempt to regulate them. Epicfetus was correct, the Herbs were a little over powered but I feel these adjustments reflect the herbs and what they should be capable of.

Regarding the use of Yellow Herbs, I wouldn't have these as abundant as say red herbs or blue herbs. Since they permantly increase your total HP. My players would be lucky if they found two in different parts of the same location. Please let me know how these the herbs function on your campaigns, if they need further nerfing or is I limited them too much.
I'll have a new post soon enough. In it I'll post the templates for T-Virus and G-Virus creatures, a Mutations table strictly for RE based campaigns and some samples.
Yeah, a friend of mine that is going to be in a Resident Evil game I'm running pointed this out to me. I also have the Resident Evil CoC Supplement, and there are a few things I like about it, and a few things I don't. So basically I figured I'd use it as a template for the game I'm going to run.

I haven't read this whole thread yet, merely skimmed, because I don't have the energy at the moment to read it all (I actually just finished outlining the first major portion of the campaign, which involved a lot of thought on working the area out, so my brain is sort of pooped). However, I noticed people were posting things like the herb mixes and such, so I figured I'd post an idea I had and will be running in the game.

The player that showed me this thread is going to be playing a UBCS soldier, and as such he must be properly equipped just in case. So he's got a Stim-Gun (believe that's the name) with three T-Virus Antidotes and three Regenerator Serums, which I had basically figured this way.

The Regenerator Serum is a recent development in Umbrella. The concept is to take the properties of the T-Virus' regeneration of dead tissue and sort of handicap it. A soldier with injuries can take one of the serums, load it into the stim gun and then shoot it into their bloodstream. The serum then enters the body and finds the wounded tissue, and begins to rebuild. However, the serum was genetically engineered so that the T-Virus cells cannot multiply and after a few minutes die off. This is done because otherwise the soldier will end up mutating slowly into something of a Lesser Tyrant, or maybe as severe as becoming a sort of half-Licker. The genetic manipulation has been perfected, so it only restores minor wounds. For example, if a Hunter slashes across the chest with its claws, that's restorable. A Licker's tongue impaling the victim through the stomach, however, isn't. It's too severe.

After the T-Virus cells die within the blood stream, the cells will then leave into the bodies waste disposal system. So take the number of HP restored by the serum and add 1D4 to get the total minutes it takes until the soldier has to urinate in order to release the dead cells. The soldier will also be cramped as his body was just forced to heal at a supernatural rate, thus he'll suffer a -2 to his Dex score for 1D10 or 1D12 minutes of game time. Not quite sure which yet.

As for health restored, I'm trying to think of that. I think 2D6+Con Modifier would be a decent enough amount, but then again does it also sound like too much health restored?

That's my basic idea for a sort of health regeneration. Technically it's more plausible than a first aid spray and herbs restoring hit points, but then again, I'm also scratching my head trying to figure out how I'll persuade my players into looking for actual keys to rooms instead of forcing their ways through. Maybe things like herbs and first aid sprays are necessary to keep that sort of mentality in check.
I'm interested in what you dont like about the RE supplement, so if you have the time let me know where do you feel it falls short or where it is mistaken.

I like your idea, the "Regenerator Serum" in the supplement there is a Cell reconstruction amplifier, which would funtion somewhat like what you want, I think you should take a look at that. Also let the penalties last for 1d10 minutes, let it heal 2d8+Con Modifier, that way it can heal "major" damage, have it require a Fort Save (DC=damage caused) if failed the subject is fatigued (the forced regeneration tired the body more than if the save was successful). Thats my advice on your Serum. ;p Good luck with the game and enjoy! Feel free to use anything posted here to help augment your REd20 expiriences.
Alright, I've read more.

I still think 2D8 might be a bit much. The max you can heal then is 16 HP plus con mod. That's a lot considering that so far the highest amount of HP is 19 with a level 3 character. I think I'll keep it around 2D6, or even lower it to 2D4. I'll do a couple rolls on my free time to test it out and see what the average is, but as I said, I want this to be relatively realistic. 16 out of 19 hit points restored is a HELL of a lot, considering the type of wounds he's supposed to have taken with that much damage.

Also, I looked over your UBCS description, and I have to disagree with the concept of the UBCS being informed little of the nature of their missions, though granted I don't recall much about the UBCS except for the one cut-scene in Resident Evil 2 (I didn't get to play RE3 or Code Veronica yet). Given that UBCS stands for Umbrella Bioweapons Countermeasure Service, I think they'd be educated on a few things. They would have been trained to target zombies in the head, for example, and make sure dead bodies have suffered a form of trauma to the head if they are not currently movie. They will also have some knowledge on creatures such as Hunters and Lickers, though things such as Nemesis and the Tyrant would be a mystery to most (maybe some of the higher higher level UBCS would be aware of them).

When sent on a mission, they are told where they are to be dropped, where their target(s) should be located, whether to escort them or eliminate them, and then head to the extraction point. This is technically standard military procedure summarized, and is how things are happening in RE2. The problem in RE2 is that it was not foreseen that William Berkin would inject the G-Virus into himself, and THAT is what caused complications.

I think you were taking the UBCS from the movie instead, which was given little knowledge of the situation to create dramatic effect, suspense and mystery for the purpose of the film. So in my game, I'm playing my character with a specific mission briefing, with a goal to kill particular Umbrella employees, as well as eliminate any lower end Umbrella employees (simple scientists and such). Civilians are to be escorted and extracted to Umbrella HQ, where they will be questioned as to what they had seen and known of the situation, and then either have their mind wiped clean or eliminated.

I feel this is standard procedure for the UBCS, or at least as it should be. Since they are grunts they won't know about ALL of the different forms of B.O.W.s, but they'll at least no how to eliminate Zombies, infected animals, and about Medium Level B.O.W.'s like the Licker and Hunter.

And lastly, you might want to rework the stats for the snake and crocodile. It seems relatively balanced that a giant crocodile can have around 50some HP, but in the supplement the Hunter can have up to 74HP, and I KNOW the Hunters take less to kill than that giant crocodile. Of course, that was one of my problems with the supplement: some of the things just seemed massively overpowered.
First off I had PMed you since you mentioned your player told you about this site. Andes 2d8 is a bit much, but I was thinking on rel life terms, my thought was "If I could submit a patient to Celular reconstruction, what type of wound would I be treating?" So I imediatly thought of a critical gunshot wound victim, therefore a normal 9mm deals 2d6 damage, a .45 deals 2d8 and on a critical the damage is on a massive scale therefore I thought 2d8+con would be logical. But since the game is low level yes I understand the need for lesser resoration powers.

One thing I want to address; I HATE THE MOVIES! I own a video store and am an BIG movie fan (to the extent of movie geek). Paul Anderson has no clue what he is doing, George Romero should have done it, like I initially herd.Rumor had it that he wanted Nicholas Cage to play WESKER! Only good thing the movies got going for them is Milla Jovovich.

I agree with you on something, UBCS should know that a shot to the head will kill a zombie, but they should not know more than that! If Umbrella were to want to eliminate one of their own UBCS team, one that has gone renagede for example they would unleash a few Lickers, or Hunters, if really desperate a Tyrrant or Nemesis. They wouldnt want the UBCS to know Exactly how to get rid of these creatures. UBCS stands for Umbrella Biohazrd Countermeasure Service, not Biological Weapons disposal. In RE3 Carlos (UBCS guy who Jill meets and teams up with) knew very little pertaining to the creatures, he did know of the incident and what was going on. I do think he knew the little he knew because of the mission briefing. I mean Jill knew more about the creatures than Carlos did! Carlos new about the Birkin, the plant, the cure, not how to fight the B.O.W. Umbrella, wouldnt waste time training the UBCS to fight zombies. UBCS are merceneries, Umbrellas personal army, guard dogs nothing anything more.

Lastly I am nerfing the creatures, trying to balance things out a lot. You will see more powerful Tyrrat and I might also stat out the immature Tyrrant aswell.

I recomend playinf RE3 and RE4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But play RE4 after you play RE3 you might not like RE3 after playing RE4. 4 is just the epitomy of what RE series is. RE4 the gratest game ever!
GrimRupert, check out the skills that Gneral Kass made up for both the S.T.A.R.S. and U.B.C.S. There you will find a special skill called Black opts. which allows for your player to learn from the experience of fighting the B.O.W.s.
I also like the S.A.R. skill he made for the S.T.A.R.S members.
I have already beaten RE4 (my impression of the ending), so yeah. Got all that.

Hmm...I dunno. I still feel it's appropriate for them to know that some of them exist. Not that they know how to defeat them (which, technically, is to plug with tons and tons of bullets), but at least have some idea of the things that exist.

Oh well. I'll just DM that way for now, that he has some knowledge of B.O.W.'s, but not of most of the bigger more horrible ones.
LOL!
Why is it everyone made a similar web comic about RE4!
Its either the merchants or the ending!

Yes we agree! They know whats going on, just never seen most of the products of a viral outbreak up close.
I dunno about where you guys are from but the RE d20 quest is one of the mainstays of the matches in my area. :fight!:
When sent on a mission, they are told where they are to be dropped, where their target(s) should be located, whether to escort them or eliminate them, and then head to the extraction point. This is technically standard military procedure summarized, and is how things are happening in RE2.

First, let me say that the explanation I'm about to give isn't meant in any way offensively. So please don't take it as such. I've been in the military, specifically the Coast Guard for four years now. In that time I've been to New Jersey, California Connecticut, Iraq, and back to Connecticut.

My time in Connecticut taught me a lot of things. And, unfortunately, one of them is that the brass in charge don't always tell you what they know, or even what the suspect. Sometimes, you're sent out knowing that you will probably run into enemies. What the brass don't tell you is that they are heavily armed, dug in, and have armor-piercing rounds. For me, that usually meant there were live mortars on a boat with men with fully automatic rifles willing to blast the mortars us the boat we were all on just to spite us. Believe me when I say that you can be the best of the best and your superiors won't tell you everything they know or suspect just so they can find out if the enemy if moving their forces in a certain way. It's frightening. And The Merciless DM's description is pretty spot on when it comes to the UBCS not knowing what they're going after. Just thought that might enlighten you.
Licker
Medium size T-virus Mutation
HD: 4d8+12 (HP: 30)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 40ft., climb 30ft.
AC: 14 (+4 Dex) DR: 4/-
Attacks: Tongue Slap +8(ranged), 2Claws +7(melee)
Damage: Tongue Slap 1d6+4, 2Claws 1d4+2
Face/Reach: 10ft. by 10ft. / 5ft. to 15ft.
Special Attacks: Piercing Tongue
Special Qualities: Infectious, Improved Grab, Infravision, Mucous Coating
Saves: Fort+2 Ref+9 Will+3
Abilities: Str 19 Dex 19 Con – Int 4 Wis 12 Cha 3
Feats: Lighting Reflex, Weapon Focus (Tongue), Dodge
CR: 5

Tongue Slap: The Licker’s primary weapon is its tongue slap, which it uses ever 1d6 ronds. The tongue has a Hardness of 5 and 2 Hp. The Licker may make grapple attempts, trip attacks and a particularly smart Licker might even attempt to disarm its opponents. It is not afraid of resorting to its Piercing Tongue ability either.

Piercing Tongue: Whenever an opponent within reach of a Licker is denied his Dexterity to AC; the Licker may attempt to impale the creature with its tongue dealing 4d8 damage. This attack does not allow for a save since the opponent is caught of guard.
*NOTE: Damage Reduction from armor and natural armor still reduces this damage.

Mucous Coating: The Licker is coated in a slimy mucous membrane that makes it invisible to infrascanning, and heat detection.

Special: Anyone who sees a Licker for the first time must make a Fear save V.S. a DC 18(10+Cha score+CR) or become panicked (-2 morale penalty on save throws and attack rolls).

Special Weakness: The exposed brain on its forehead, if ever dealt damage causes a -1 penalty on all attacks and Reflex saves, also it take double damage from that attack.

This is a more deadly, more frightening version of the Licker. It is what the licker should embody, a deadly ranged attack!
Gneral Kass - I don't find it offensive at all. Maybe if you called me a moron or something I would have, but it wasn't an offensive post.

Still, I'd hate to take back anything I said to my player, so I'll basically leave him with his tiny library in his PDA (which would basically contain the standard Zombie, Cerebus, the Crows, Neptune, the Licker and the Hunter). However, naturally, I plan on having surprises in my game, so happy happy fun fun etc. etc.

Merciless DM - Ack, now the Licker seems underpowered. Given how much damage you can deal in D20 Modern I'd say an HP rating of about 35 or 40 might be more appropriate for the Licker. Of course, I can't recall just how powerful it was in the supplement.
The supplement has balance issues and large ones at that. The original Licker had a ABSURDLY LARGE ammount of HP, the number was 74Hp. Take a look at the other two monsters I made I think its fairly balanced. The Viper and the Crocodile are balanced, collegues here have said so.I play tested the Licker and Hunter today on my players at the university, each had a 3rd level character, and it works. This licker is far more superior, and take into consideration its abilities and the Piercing Tongue attack (4d8 damage). I had one of my players telling me it was OVER powered!

Also I have a link on this thread to the supplement. Download it and see for yourself the creatures. The Licker should be encountered by lower level characters, or by higher level characters in mass quantities, then you let me know if they work or not. I gave it a total of 24 Hp? I gave it the average for the die type if you want give it max on all d8's for a total of 32+6=38Hp,my Hunter's average Hp if 38 I just stat the average! Besides two shotgun shells at point blank are enough to kill a licker in the videogame.I still say this licker is far deadlier than the one in the supplement. I got the Hunter finished but I'm not gonna post him till tomorrow or later. I'm working on the Cerberus now trying to amp. it up a bit.

RE food chain:
Zombies > Cerberus > Lickers/Spiders/Moths > Viper > Hunters > Crocodile > Tyrrant > G-Type(Birkin) > Nemesis
After some crossreferencing and careful consideration. I've desided to up the Hp in the Licker and the Hunter up a bit. The Licker now should have HD: 4d8+12 and Hp: 30. The Hunter now has a HD: 6d8+15 and Hp: 42

Still the Hunter will not be posted until after tomorrow.
Actually I just did a few rolls with the dice, and I think you're right. It could take three rounds with your average shotgun or automatic to take out a Hunter, and in the game it takes about two to three shells to drop one (though it takes about the same for grenades as well, which makes no sense to me). So yeah, that's gonna have to be fixed.

In all honesty, I'm kind of fluctuating with stats because this is my first time DMing with the D20 system, and I never managed to get very familiar with it before because I never owned an actual book until now. So there are things about the stats that I don't quite get (like I thought 24HP was the max amount of HP you'd manage to get, not average: I skipped over looking at the dice you wrote out). So I'll basically have to look over the creatures section more thoroughly.

I also think I was partly intimidated because my one player has burst fire, which allowed him to do like 20 damage in one hit. So I was viewing 24HP as almost killing a Licker in one attack. I think I might be able to use some of this as a guideline to creating stats for the creatures and such, though.
Hmmm, this looks very good. I might run a RE game in the future.
Anyway, does anyone plan to do a supplement for the CoC e-book that includes monsters from RE0 and RE4? Those monster look like something wicked to throw at my "friends".
A thought though, how could a player RP a half-mutant? What kind of stat bonueses or cool tricks could a player that was exposed to the T-Virus and somehow retained his humanity have? What kind of penalites would there be (to discourage munchkins)?
My personal thought is that the abilities depend on the mutant breed (I call dibs on the half-licker!) while the penalites resembled the social penalites the moreaus suffer from (you have a physical deformation that resembles the mutant you're spliced with, but can hide it with the right clothing or make-up)
Okay, I'll go back into my shadowy corner now.
A thought though, how could a player RP a half-mutant? What kind of stat bonueses or cool tricks could a player that was exposed to the T-Virus and somehow retained his humanity have? What kind of penalites would there be (to discourage munchkins)?
My personal thought is that the abilities depend on the mutant breed (I call dibs on the half-licker!) while the penalites resembled the social penalites the moreaus suffer from (you have a physical deformation that resembles the mutant you're spliced with, but can hide it with the right clothing or make-up)
Okay, I'll go back into my shadowy corner now.

In the Resident Evil comics put out by Wildstorm, their was a zookeeper in Racoon city who was infected by a zombie animal and through some sort of surgery didn't become a zombie. He gained a sort of sixth sense, he could sense the t-virus. Then you have Alice from the movies, so there is a sort of precedence for good guys who gain abilities from the t-virus.

Personally I don’t know if I’d make half-mutant templates though. It’s an interesting idea, but wouldn’t you lose the resident evil atmosphere if you were more (or less) than human.
Personally I don’t know if I’d make half-mutant templates though. It’s an interesting idea, but wouldn’t you lose the resident evil atmosphere if you were more (or less) than human.

I don't think so, it would add a element of paranoia among the ranks (do we trust the guy who's half monster, or should we kill him like the rest of his "kind") on top of the fear of what's in the next room.
Welcome new comers! (YAY! this is a true sign that the thread is gaining momentum)
Anyways I side with Schiz-02 on this arguement, it might seem to steer off from the RE line. BUT the T-Virus is an attempt to create a "Super-soldier" sort of speak and that is what Alice from the movies is. That T-virus sense, could have something to do with SCENT and fermones like Gneral Kass and I have discussed previously. So it is possible.

Psionicninja2000 I plan on UPDATING that very Supplement of which you speak of, but there is a catch, my version will be for d20 Modern. Still I am taking suggestions and I might include a segment/appendix near the end were Campaign ideas are described or suggested, that could include a basic layout of templates for "What if..."s to serve as appetisers and inspirations for others.

I have been wrestling with a good or bad idea, I was considering creating a template for what Wesker (Alice from the movie) is. Problem is I havent played Code Veronica and there is very little information on what Wesker is turned into and by whom. In my game Umbrella was destroyed 7 years ago (like RE4) but there is a new corp. called Chimera Enterprises which is attempting to create a "supersoldier" through genetic experiments on subjects. Thats it, I have not included anything from RE, but this is were I play test what you see here. Sooner or later the players will find out that Chimera is just Umbrella with a different name and most Umbrella scientist and researches that survived are now working for Chimera...

If you have any suggestions to ease my mind I would appreciate it.
Well I hope this thread is useful to all of you.
Hunter
Medium size T-virus Mutation
HD: 6d8+15 (HP: 42)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 40ft.
AC: 14 (+4 Dex) DR: 5/-
Attacks: 2Claws +10, Bite +7
Damage: 2Claws 1d6+5, Bite 1d4+3
Face/Reach: 5ft. by 5ft. / 5ft.
Special Attacks: Leap Attack
Special Qualities: Infectious, Darkvision 60ft.
Saves: Fort+5 Ref+8 Will+3
Abilities: Str 20 Dex 18 Con 16 Int 4 Wis 14 Cha 4
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +7, Hide +5, Jump +10, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Spot +4, Swim +6, Tumble +5
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lighting Reflex, Multiattack, Weapon Focus (2Claws)
CR: 6

Leap Attack: The Hunter may attempt to leap towards an opponent within a 40ft. radius, the victim of this attack must succeed a Reflex Save (DC20) or be decapitated (vorpal effect). If the victim succeeds the save he takes the normal claw damage (1d6+5).

Special: Anyone who sees a Huner for the first time must make a Fear save V.S. a DC 20 (10 +Cha score +CR) or become panicked (-2 morale penalty on save throws and attack rolls).

Special Weakness: A Hunter takes double damage from any acid based attack.

I appologize for the lack of flavor text on my creatures, they will all have flavor text but I just havent produced any yet.
Psionicninja2000 I plan on UPDATING that very Supplement of which you speak of, but there is a catch, my version will be for d20 Modern. Still I am taking suggestions and I might include a segment/appendix near the end were Campaign ideas are described or suggested, that could include a basic layout of templates for "What if..."s to serve as appetisers and inspirations for others.

Thank goodness! I don't have CoC, but I do have Modern (but conversion seems relatively easy between the two, at least for the monsters and items anyway.)
I must confess relative ignorance to this subject, since I have half-finished RE0 and my brother has started RE (we haven't gone any further in the series yet.) I looked over some of the monsters (in the CoC booklet) that were suggested for "half-breed" templates and kind of realized that yeah, there would be some anatomy issues for disguises regarding characters like the half-licker and the half-hunter. More so than the moreaus from Modern (now there's a thought...)
Still, it looks like you have most of the bases covered DM.
Anyway, about your SS (super soldier) template. Is it for the players or a NPC you are creating? I really don't think you should let the players have it, not without some serious strings attached (like loss of humanity or a risk of insanity.) But hey, what do I know.
In my game Umbrella was destroyed 7 years ago (like RE4) but there is a new corp. called Chimera Enterprises which is attempting to create a "supersoldier" through genetic experiments on subjects. Thats it, I have not included anything from RE, but this is were I play test what you see here. Sooner or later the players will find out that Chimera is just Umbrella with a different name and most Umbrella scientist and researches that survived are now working for Chimera...

I really like this idea. Also if you want to be particularly evil, in addition to former Umbrella scientists and researchers, have a former hero from the RE novels, games, comics, working as head of security for Chimera Enterprises.
I, particularly, liked the new skills that are in Page 1. I'll think I'l add them to my game (it's got nothing to do with RE (yet), but I think they could come in handy).