Crazy IronStar's Used Car Lot

561 posts / 0 new
Last post
I think you might be right. I made that ship so long ago that I couldn’t seem to find all the sites that I used for reference (I try to use multiple sources to confirm statistics). I believe its top speed is higher than 30 knots, but not as high as 38 knots. Do you have any other corrections? (I'm sure you do...) :P
< dons " RN history hat " >

Regards the " confusion " over the tribals top speed

there were 2 distinct types known as tribal class

a ) a destroyer type [ built 1935 to 40* ] displacing 1870 tons with parsons turbines rated @ 44000SHP for 36.5 kt

these gave sterling servive in WWII

examples : zulu , maori , cossak [ all lost in war time ]

b ) a post war frigate [ designation type 81 ] displacing 2300 ton with a COSAG ( COMBINED STEAM AND GAS ) power plant of 12000+ 8000 SHP for a maximum 29kt and 20 kt steaming

the type was designed in the 50s and was one of the first missile equiped new designs in RN service

unfortunatly the T81s recycled the names of thier WWII predecessors

herin lies more scope for error

hope that helps

< removes " rn HISTORY HAT " >
I think you might be right. I made that ship so long ago that I couldn’t seem to find all the sites that I used for reference (I try to use multiple sources to confirm statistics). I believe its top speed is higher than 30 knots, but not as high as 38 knots. Do you have any other corrections? (I'm sure you do...) :P

rotflmao, I'd end up redoing every armed vehicle (the only ones I care about ;) ) to my own specifications, so how's a case-by-case sound? (I'm mainly finding these real-life stats as I go over the vehicles and assign them weapons.)

Whatcha think of the Page 2 Weapons post?
I used the point-out since that name was the original used in the post; please edit names where necessary and I will do the same.
Man, this is one hell of a awesome thread. Thanks to all that contributed. Now for my requests

The Mach 5, Speed Racer's car, was requested by another poster and I would like to see the stats as well

KITT, which is short for Knight Industries Two Thousand, is another requested car I would like to see statted up

The Black Beauty, the Green Hornet's car, is my last request
All future such posts will use the abbreviations found here, which in time will be updated as necessary with new abbreviations.

Avro Lancaster B1: Eight .303-calibre machine guns in power-operated turrets, normal bomb payload of 14,000 lb; the usual payload was a 4,000 lb. or 8,000 lb. "Cookie" bomb with smaller bombs and incendiaries in the bomb bay's remaining space. Finally, the Lancaster was modified to carry the 22,000 lb. "Grand Slam" earthquake bomb.

Supermarine Spitfire: Two 20mm guns, four .303-calibre (7.7x56mm) machine guns, one 500 lb. bomb.

DeHavilland Mosquito: Four 20mm Hispano (not “regular” 20mm) MkI cannons and 4,000 lb. (1,800 kg) of bombs. The F and NF (night fighter) variants had four .303-caliber Browning machine guns in the nose as well, and the twenty-seven FB MkXVIII (Tsetse) variants had a Molin 57mm cannon in the nose, a 6-pounder (2.7 kg) anti-tank gun (356 kg.) modified for both semiautomatic and automatic fire. Finally, Coastal Command operated MkVI fighter-bombers that from early 1944 onward could use eight 60 lb. (27 kg) rockets for anti-shipping strikes.

Hawker Hurricane: Eight (MkI) or twelve .303-caliber Browning machine guns (MkIIA Series 2), four 20mm Hispano cannons (MkIIA Series 2), or two .303-caliber Browning machine guns and two 40mm Vickers S anti-tank cannons (15 rounds each), one per wing (MkIID). It could also carry one 250 lb. (113 kg) or 500 lb. (227 kg) bomb per wing, as well as 8-inch x 3-inch “60-pounder” rockets (both MkIV).

Sikorsky H-3 Sea King: Two Mk46/44 anti-submarine torpedoes, four depth charges, four torpedoes or four Sea Eagle or Exocet ASMs. A Sea King configured for anti-submarine warfare (ASW) such as the SH-3H can also deploy various sonobuoys and pyrotechnic devices. In some cases, Canadian (CH-124) Sea Kings deployed for the First Gulf War had 7.62mm “light” machine guns installed in the lower rear corner of the cargo area’s starboard door (usually with a corresponding one-half cover, since it’s intended to be used crouching).

Halifax-class Frigate: Eight Boeing AGM-84 Harpoon ASMs, sixteen Raytheon Sea Sparrow SAMs, one Bofors Mk2 57mm rapid-fire gun, one 20mm Vulcan Phalanx CIWS, eight 12.7mm (.50-caliber) heavy machine guns and twenty-four Honeywell Mk46Mod5 anti-submarine torpedoes, of 12.75 in (324 mm) caliber.

Tribal-class Destroyer: One 29-cell VLS (Standard SM-2MR Block IIIA), one 76 mm/62 OTO Melara (Super Rapid) DP, .50-caliber (12.7 mm) heavy machine guns, one 20 mm CIWS and two triple Mk46 torpedo tubes (Mk46Mod5 torpedoes).

Both the Halifax-class Multi-Role Patrol Frigate and the Tribal-class destroyer - renamed the Iroquois-class Guided-missile Area Air Defence Destroyer (DDH) – have one and two (respectively) CH-123 Sea King(s) each in their hangar/flight deck, each Sea King carrying two Mk46 torpedoes and sub-surface tracking capability, if not also the 7.62mm machine gun. Configure as your Canadians (or the ships' owner) will!
Boeing (McDonnell Douglass)/Northrop Grumman F/A-18C Hornet: One M61A1 20mm cannon (520 rounds) internally-mounted in the nose and up to 13,700 lb. of external ordnance on seven configurable weapons stations; the wingtips are reserved for one Sidewinder missile each. Various bombs and missiles can be carried on the three underwing stations per wing (six total) and the centerline station. (See examples here and a full list for the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet here.)

Panavia Aircraft Tornado IDS: Two internal Mauser 27mm cannons (180 rounds each) plus more than 19842 lb. (9,000 kg) of external stores on seven hardpoints; almost all of the air-launched weapons in the NATO inventory are eligible.

In UK service this was known as the RAF Tornado GR1, which first fought in the Gulf War only for six to be lost to Iraqi anti-aircraft defenses; from 1996 to 2003 all 142 would be upgraded to the GR4 standard, gaining new systems and missile options such as the Storm Shadow (first fired by No. 617 Squadron in the Second Gulf War of 2003) and the Brimstone ATGM launcher (3 missiles each) but losing the port cannon.

SEPECAT Jaguar GR MkIA: Two ADEN (UK) 30mm cannons (150 rounds each) and up to 10,000 lb. (4,5000 kg) of stores on five hardpoints, including LAU-5003B/A CRV-7 rocket launchers (Martel rockets) and laser-guided bombs assisted by a TIALD pod. If need be, the (UK) Jaguar can carry two Sidewinders, one per overwing pylon.

On 21 July 2004, Secretary of State for Defence Right Honourable Geoffrey Hoon announced in the Delivering Security in a Changing World: Future Capabilities review plans to withdraw all 41 remaining Jaguars by 2007 and close their RAF Coltishall operating base as the part of an impending transition to the Eurofighter Typhoon, which will be based elsewhere, as much as the Jaguar has been upgraded over the years since its 1973 debut.

1983 Russian T-62M MBT: One 2A20 115mm smoothbore cannon (32 rounds and ATGMs), one DShK 12.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun (AAMG) in front of the loader’s hatch and one PKMT 7.62x54mmR machine gun mounted coaxial to the 115mm cannon. The MBT also has the rangefinding laser gadget (d20 Future) and reactive armor.

(According to Global Security, this variant can carry and fire 9K118 Sheksna laser-guided ATGMs with the 115mm cannon, requiring a short halt to fire ATGMs. Wikipedia reports it as ten AT-10 Basnya laser-guided ATGMs. Variants without the ATGMs could carry 48 rounds.)

1993 Russian T-90 MBT: One 2A46M-2 125mm smoothbore cannon (43 rounds) with one coax 7.62x54mmR machine gun (2000 rounds) and one remote-controlled Utjos 12.7mm AAMG (300 rounds). The 125mm cannon can also be used to launch 9M1119 Refleks laser-guided ATGMs (called the AT-11 “Sniper-B” by NATO) through the 125mm cannon, its capacity unknown.

Incidentally, its status as the Russian Defense Ministry’s choice of a single MBT in 1995 is thanks to the infamous meme of the T-72 as a burning Iraqi tank, while the “quality” T-80 was knocked out on multiple occasions during the 1994 urban combat in Grozny, Chechnya, as well, both sullying the reputation of Russian tanks.

LCAC: Two M2HB heavy machine guns. Gun mounts will support either the M2HB heavy machine gun, the Mk19Mod3 40mm grenade machine gun (GMG) or the M60 general-purpose machine gun (GPMG). (All known sources are very vague about this, and listed 12.7mm as the “pre-mounted” machine guns’ caliber.)

Question: Does anyone know if the mounts support the M240 series and Mk48 instead of the M60?

T-34/76A and T-34/85: As IronStar23 stated. Note though that the T-34/85 was the production model of 1943, any T-34s captured by Germany were renamed Panzerkampfwagen T-34(r), and afterward some T-34s were fitted as self-propelled artillery guns (or armored fighting vehicles with the inclusion of shrapnel protection) by Syria for long-range indirect bombardment or even close-fire support for infantry.
QUOTE :"Incidentally, its status as the Russian Defense Ministry’s choice of a single MBT in 1995 is thanks to the infamous meme of the T-72 as a burning Iraqi tank, while the “quality” T-80 was knocked out on multiple occasions during the 1994 urban combat in Grozny, Chechnya, as well, both sullying the reputation of Russian tanks."

no tank is invincible - esp in an urban war

the US forces have had M1A1s knocked out in IRAQ , what does that tell you about the abrahms reputation - is that sullied also ?

als the switch from t72 to t80 had more to d with the age of the t72 and the availiability / preformance of the T80 rather than any " image " the 72 had
Blame Global Security. :P

As for the vehicle armaments themselves?
Or do I have to post page 6?
I would just like to say that I love what you guys do on this thread, and it so helpful to, thanks for your efforts.

P.S. Lu Baihu
It would kick to have more weapons stats, if you ever get around to it.
Here's a couple of suggestions; I was going to do them myself, but this seems easier. :D

-The Space Shuttle

-Boeing-Sikorsky RaH66 Comanche (may she rest in peace)
There are several space shuttles like Russian, USA, etc... also I believe we have several space shuttles(different types) with nasa
I would like to request several motorcycles, as they are excellent for chase seens, and not everyone can ride a kawasaki ninja (from the web enhancement), maybe a few of these: multistrada 620, Bandit 1200 S,
thanks in advance.
-The Space Shuttle

Check pages 2 through 6 of this thread. It should be on one of them.
Really? I had read through the entire thread before posting this and didn't see it. I also just read through those and didn't see it.

Meh. In any case I was referring to The Space Shuttle, i.e. the thing that the U.S. used to shoot into space. I doubt that the differences between the shuttles would make any difference in game terms. I have been considering using the vastly superior soviet Buran, though.

I gave the Comanche a shot myself, though. I had to come up with a few of the features myself. I took the radar thing from the MM excerpt. Any comments?

Boeing Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche

Crew: 2
Passengers: 0
Init: -1
Maneuver: +3
Top Speed: 350 (35)
Defense: 8
Hardness: 10
Hit Points: 42
Size: G
Purchase DC: 49
Restriction: Mil (+3)

2 Squares wide, 8 squares long; rotor is 8 squares.

Armament: (all stowable) 20mm Minigun; 500 rounds ammunition; 6 AGM-114 Hellfire Missiles or 12 FIM-92 Stinger Missiles

Special Qualities: hard to aquire by radar (DC 45 Computer Use); Longbow targeting system: (Doubles equipment bonus to attack)
what did you base the " stealth " claim on ?

there is much hype regarding the comanche being some sort of " stealth copter " and 99% of it is pure B.S.

and at least vis radar cross section - a main rotor is about as anti stealth as you can get - with almost no way to reduce it
Certain helicopters use special infrared ECM (Electronic Counter-Measures) pods which make a helicopter almost impossible to hit with heat-seeking missiles. Since copters almost always fly too low to the ground to be targeted by RADAR-guided missiles, let alone acquired by radar, this is all they need. The ECM units are the shape of the filter in an air purifier.

While I am not aware of any helicpters that use RADAR-jamming ECM pods, they may very well exist. It's really unnecessary, though, because as I said, most combat helicopters fly so low that they can't be acquired on RADAR, period.

Note: RADAR is an acronym that used to be classified, thus, I capitalize it.

Edit: RADAR means Radio Detecting and Ranging, by the way.
http://tri.army.mil/LC/CS/csa/cpcomanc.htm

I used that site, among others. All sources I saw said that it was a "stealth" helicopter, to one degree or another. Of course, it never really got past the prototype stage.
These are the things which can reduce an aircraft's RADAR signature:

1.) Specially-designed angles, construction, and materials

2.) Flying low to the ground

3.) Using Electonic Counter-Measures RADAR jamming systems

As far as I know.
Done and done!

Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche
Crew:
Pass: 0
Cargo: 9,000 lb. ([payload?)
Init: -4
Maneuver: -4
Top Speed: 359 squares (36)
Defense: 6
Hardness: 12
Hit Points: 40 (7,500 lb.)
Size: Gargantuan
Purchase DC:

Though canceled*, the Reconnaissance Attack Helicopter would have been the Army's first dedicated armed scout helicopter and the first "stealth" helicopter; it would have been smaller, lighter and theoretically stealthier than the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter. The RAH-66 was nine squares long, eight squares wide and two squares tall. It provided three-quarters cover to the crew (pilot in rear, co-pilot/gunner in front), as well as night-vision, forward-looking-infrared (FLIR) and even overlaid symbology on helmet-mounted sights.

It would have come equipped with a XM301 tri-barrel 20mm cannon (500 rounds, 750 or 1,500 rpm) and its twin (one per side) internal weapons bays would have held three Hellfire missiles or six Air-To-Air Stinger missiles each. The helicopter can be reconfigured with optional stub wings fitted with multiple weapon pylons which carry an additional four Hellfire or eight Stinger missiles, for up to fourteen Hellfires, twenty-eight ATAS missiles or fifty-six "Hydra 70" rockets, in either M158 (7 rockets) or M200 (19 rockets) 70mm/2.75-inch rocket pods.

The Comanche's very sophisticated detection and navigation systems were intended to allow it to operate at night and in bad weather, which the Kiowa Warrior cannot do effectively. Its airframe was designed to fit more easily than the Apache into transport aircraft or onto transport ships, enabling it to be deployed to hot spots quickly. If transport assets were not available, the Comanche's ferry range of 1,260 nautical miles (2,330 km) would even allow it to fly to battlefields overseas on its own.

* The rationale was that the RAH-66 was no longer cost-effective, especially when an in-used, relatively cheap and proven alternative exists in such unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) such as the Predator.
Special Qualities: hard to aquire by radar (DC 45 Computer Use); Longbow targeting system: (Doubles equipment bonus to attack)

Wait, Menace Manual had rules on radar targetting??

Btw, congrats on your build, despite the differences in stats. Where did you get the Comanche's stats from? (The width I listed is wingspan; where'd you get the width of the fuselage?) And how does the Longbow work?
Well, the Excerpt mentioned it, along with rules for a minigun, Hellfires, Sidewinders and laser designation. I figure that you automatically see stuff on radar unless there is something odd, like stealth.

The longbow, I honestly have no idea how it works, except it is a special radar Targetting thingy that is in the big bulb on top of all the Apaches, as well as supposedly inside the Comanche. I just say that it makes it easier to hit with the flawed guided missile system in d20M, i.e. doubling equipment bonus.

I got the size from here.

I figured maneuverablility from here., although it probably isn't the best website, it was the only one with that kind of specifics.

I used a few other sites, pretty much just the first page of "Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche" on google.

Oh, and Deucalion, LASER is an acronym too: "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation," but i'm sure you knew that. LASER and RADAR have both become common enough to enter the general vocabulary, and as such can be referred to as words.
Oh, and Deucalion, LASER is an acronym too: "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation," but i'm sure you knew that. LASER and RADAR have both become common enough to enter the general vocabulary, and as such can be referred to as words.

I know. I was basically just using the acronym as an excuse to highlight some of the physical properties of radar. Such as that it uses radio waves to determine the range and location of objects. That way, people are apt to think about it a little more, rather than just thinking of it as a screen with blips on it.

Yes, I knew laser was an acronym, however, I forgot what it stood for. If you remembered that without a reference, kudos.
Just putting in a request for more tanks!!! Particularly the Israeli one-the Ma'av, I think, which is specificaly built for urban war.
Do you mean the Merkava? (I'll find the most complete version I can, hopefully the IV.)

Disclaimer: As always, I'm not in the military. Anything I post is from the Internet, and therefore I don't believe I'm violating OPSEC.
Merkava "Chariot" Mk4 MBT
Crew:
Passengers: 0-6
Cargo Capacity: 0 lb. or 1,500 lb.
Initiative: -4
Maneuver: -4
Top Speed: 65 (6) on-road, 60 (6) off-road
Defense: 6
Hardness: 20
Hit Points: 64
Size: Gargantuan
Purchase DC:

First debuted in April 1979, this indigenous Israeli tank was uniquely designed for crew survival by putting the engine in front with the turret and crew compartment in the rear, leaving room for a combined ammunition and crew compartment. The Merkava can also double as an APC by removing some "spare" main gun ammunition (an electrically-operated magazine stores 10 ready-to-fire rounds) to make room for up to six passengers, who along with the crew can exit in single file through a rear door. The Merkava Mk4 (first mass-produced in 2002) is 5 squares long, 3 squares wide and 2 squares tall. All occupants receive full cover while the hatches and door are closed, and three-forths cover while the rear door is open.

The Merkava Mk4 is equipped with a 120mm cannon (10 rounds + 48 rounds with no passengers), one coaxial .50 heavy machine gun, two 7.62mm machine guns, one internal 60mm mortar and a laser designator. The cannon and machine guns are on full turrets, while the mortar can be loaded and fired from within the 120mm cannon turret. The 120mm cannon may fire LAHAT anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM) with the help of the laser designator. (Either the commander or the gunner can control the main gun turret.)

Rylthar Thamior, is this what you were looking for, or was it the Low Intensity Conflict variant of the Merkava 3B (Mk3 "Baz") MBT?
I've updated a few things here and thought that this would be the best place to post the Warthog + a few more of the weapon systems...

I think that Deucalion may be right on the GAU-8, the only article I could find mentioned that the bursts where limited to 1 or 2 seconds "in practice" to reduce wear and chance of jamming on the aircraft and weapon. I cant find anything showing a physical limit on the duration of fire.

A-10 Thunderbolt II "warthog"
The A-10 Thunderbolt II "Warthog" is a powerful single seat Close Air Support Airplane maneufactured by Fairchild. It is power by 2 General Electric TF34-GE-100 no afterburn turbofans. It has redundant support structure and titanium armor. It is renowned for surviving incredible battle damage, even making it back after loosing half a wing. The Warthogs primary armament is a GAU-8A 7 barreled 30mm rotary cannon. To limit ammunition consumption and reduce wear on the vehicle the gun can fire half or full speed, depending on if one or two of the guns engines are engaged. This is achieved with a half or full pull of the trigger.

Crew: 1
Passengers: 0
Cargo: 16,000 lbs (external)
Maneuver: -2
Top Speed: 770 (77 chase) (8 air)
Defence: 6
Hit Points: 52
Size: G
Purchase DC: 49

Additional Statistics:
Fuel: 5 hours
Max Cieling: 45000ft
Stall Speed: 165 (17 chase) (2 air)
This airplane recieves a +2 to maneuverability due to superior performance. (already factored into mod)

Dimensions:
Height: 15 ft (3 squares)
Width: 58 ft (12 squares)
Length: 54 ft (11 squares)
At chase scale a warthog takes up 4 squares.

Armament:
GAU-8A 7 barreled 30mm cannon
Damage: 4d12 armor piercing (ignores 10 hardness)
Critical: 20
Type: Ballistic
Range: 500ft
ROF: Auto
Magazine: Linked 1100 rounds
Size: Huge
Special: as a rotary cannon with a high RoF, an autofire attack covers a 20x20ft area and increases the save DC to 20.

I am using a combination of Fire-Linked and Fire-Battery (d20 future) to simulate the abilities of this weapon. It is a battery of 3 "weapons", each weapon is a pair of firelinked 30 mm automatic cannons, the 7th barrel does not impact this configuration. This gives the weapon a +2 to hit in both modes, at half-trigger pull it does normal damage, at full-trigger pull it deals 6d12 damage and uses twice as much ammunition. It has an ammunition capacity of 1100 rounds.

On a half trigger pull, the number of rounds fired is 50 for an autofire attack or 25 for a burst. On a full trigger pull the number of rounds fired is 100 for an autofire attack or 50 for a burst.

11 weapons mounts:
3 pylons outside the wheel wells and 1 inside on each wing, 3 under the planes belly. It can mount any of the following systems: AIM-9 Sidewinder missle, Maverick anti-tank missle, Mk 82 GP Bomb, Mk 84 GP Bomb, Mk 20 Rockeye II, CBU-52, anti-personnel munition, CBU-58 Cluster Bomb, Fuel Air Explosive, napalm, rocket pod, SUU-23 pods, chaff or other jammer pods.

Maverick ATM and Sidewinder AAM have already been statted elsewhere.

Mk 82 GP Bomb (500 lbs)
The Mk 82 General Bomb is a simple 500 pound bomb. Its warhead consists of 192 pounds of Tritonal in an aerodynamic steel case. THe Mk 82 is used as the warhead for the GBU-12 amd GBU-22 guided bombs.

Damage: 10d6*5 concussion
Blast Radius Increment: 20ft.
Note: for every BLI from the impact site reduce the damage multiplier by 1. IE at 11 to 20 ft it does 10d6*4, and from 41 to 50 would deal only 10d6.

Mk 84 GP Bomb (2000 lbs)
The Mk 84 General Bomb is a simple 2000 pound bomb. Its warhead consists of 945 pounds of Tritonal in an aerodynamic steel case. The Mk 84 is used as the warhead for the GBU-10, GBU-24 and GBU-15 guided bombs.

Damage: 20d6*10 concussion
Blast Radius Increment: 20ft.

Mk 20 Rockeye II (CBU-100 cluster bomb) (505 lbs)
The Mk 20 is an anti-tank cluster bomb. Its warhead consists of 247 mk118 mod 0 bomblets. Each mk 118 weighs 1.3 lbs and contains a .4 lb shaped charge warhead.

Damage: 5d6 concussion armor piercing (ignores 5 hardness)
Radius: 100ft. (3300 yard area)

CBU-52 (766 lbs)
The CBU-52 is an anti-personel cluster bomb. Its warhead consists of 220 BLU-61A/B submunitions. Each submunition is a 3.5 inch spherical bomblet weighing 2.7 lbs with a charge of.65 lbs of high explosive.

Damage: 5d6 piercing
Radius: 100ft

CBU-58 (800 lbs)
The CBU-58 is an incendiary cluster bomb. Its warhead cosists of 650 BLU=63/B submunitions. Each Submunition is the size of a baseball.

Damage: 5d6 fire + flamables catch fire.
Radius: 150ft

Napalm (varies)
The Mk-750, Mk-500 and Mk-1000 are simple napalm bombs. They weight 750, 500 and 1000 lbs respectively.

Damage: 10d6 fire + 2d6 fire per found for 10 rounds + flamables catch fire.
Radius: 75ft, 50ft and 100ft respectively.

SUU-23 (1720 lbs)
The SUU-23 is an external gun pod containing an electrically fired, hydraulically operated 6 barrel M-61 20mm Vulcan rotary cannon and 1200 rounds of ammunition.

M-61 20mm Vulcan rotary cannon
Damage: 4d12
RI: 500 ft
RoF: auto

Special: as a rotary cannon with a high RoF, an autofire attack covers a 20x20ft area and increases the save DC to 20. This weapon is considered firelinked for a +2 bonus to hit. This weapon uses 150 rounds on a autofire attack and 75 on a burst attack.

This weapon is considered to be part of a battary with other similar cannons on the aircraft (including the GAU-8/A), adding 2d12 damage for each doubling of the guns (the GAU-8/A counts as a 2 gun battery by itself). IE with the GAU-8/A and 2 SUU-23 gun pods: your gun damage would be 8d12 and use 200 rounds of ammo for an autofire attack. Special note: use the lowest Range Increment for this combined battery attack.

[bold]Edit: this gun should probably do 4d8 damage per round like other 20mm guns, I upped it to 4d12 due to its high ROF. 6000 RPM ~50% higher than the GAU-8. I also had to edit the rounds/autofire to reflect this.[/bold]

70mm Hydra Rocket Pods
The Hydra Rocket pod comes in two varieties, the M260 with 7 rounds and the M261 with 19 rounds. The M260 weighs 225 lbs, the M261 weighs 660 lbs.

M151 HE Anti-Personel
M156 White Phosphorous (Smoke)
M229 HE Anti-Personel
M247 HE anti-armor
M255A1 Fletchet
M255E1 Flechette
M257 Illumination Warhead
M261 High-Explosive Multipurpose Submunition [MPSM]
M264 RP Smoke
M267 Practice
M274 Smoke Signature Practice Warhead
M278 IR Flare Warhead
M439 Fuze
M84 detonator

LAU-10 Zuni rocket pod (510 lbs)
TheLAU-10 rocket pod can fire 4 5inch Zuni rockets

Mk 63 Mod 0 HE frag
Mk 24 Mod 0,1 HE GP
Mk 33 mod 0 Anti Tank/Anti Personnel
Mk 33 mod 1 Flare (illimination)
Mk 34 mod 0 Smoke WP
Mk 34 mod 2 Smoke RP
Mk 84 mod 4 Countermeasure
RR-182/AL Countermeasure
Mk 6 Mod 7 Practice
Mk 24 Mod 0 Practice
Mk 32 Mod 0 Practice
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world. Check out Nadaka's DiceBox, an online dice rolling application with a persistent search-able database, web service access and more. http://nadaka.us/DiceBox/Info.aspx
Excellent job, Nadaka. Remember to mention that all 16,000 pounds of cargo space are used solely for ammo. The chambers aren't designed to hold anything else.

Well, I suppose you COULD put something in there, but it might ruin a mechanism in-flight (stuff outside of the cockpit that isn't "tied down" with bolts, screws, or safety wire ricochets around like a mofo during maneuvers).
I think that Deucalion may be right on the GAU-8, the only article I could find mentioned that the bursts where limited to 1 or 2 seconds "in practice" to reduce wear and chance of jamming on the aircraft and weapon. I cant find anything showing a physical limit on the duration of fire.

I apologize if this has been said before, but IIRC, the limits are not for the gun, but the aircraft itself, and that the GAU-8 firing produces a great amount of thrust, which can slow the plane down dangerously.
I am thinking of upping the RI of the m61 Vulcan to 150 rounds per autofire (for accuracy, it has an ROF of 6000 RPM in reality). And to compensate for that, I could increase its Range Increment to match the GAU-8. That would even make combining the two weapons in a battery a bit simpler.

re: scaryfroman
The GAU-8 produces ~half the thrust of both engines at full power. The aircraft needs both engines at full power to mantain speed while performing combat maneuvers. So fireing the gun during a rapid turn could, theoretically reduce speed enough to cause a stall danger. But you really need to be flying pretty close to strait at your target to hit anything, so this risk is rather limited.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world. Check out Nadaka's DiceBox, an online dice rolling application with a persistent search-able database, web service access and more. http://nadaka.us/DiceBox/Info.aspx

Makes sense, I know of no vehicle-mounted weapon with a burst limiter.

To limit ammunition consumption and reduce wear on the vehicle the gun can fire half or full speed, depending on if one or two of the guns engines are engaged. This is achieved with a half or full pull of the trigger.

Please explain this ROF mechanism?
Cargo: 16,000 lbs (external)

Maybe a payload statistic is needed, separate from cargo space?
Maneuver: -2
Top Speed: 770 (77 chase) (8 air)
Hit Points: 52

Why these ratings?

Additional Statistics:
Fuel: 5 hours
Max Cieling: 45000ft
Stall Speed: 165 (17 chase) (2 air)

Stall speed? (It's "ceiling," but good job on these stats. Maybe a range stat would be appropriate, since ranges are more known?)
This airplane recieves a +2 to maneuverability due to superior performance. (already factored into mod)

They have such??
Dimensions:
Height: 15 ft (3 squares)
Width: 58 ft (12 squares)
Length: 54 ft (11 squares)

Looking good ...
At chase scale a warthog takes up 4 squares.

Why's that??
Maverick ATM and Sidewinder AAM have already been statted elsewhere.

Any link(s) to the Maverick and the Sidewinder, or do you mean the Menace Manual Sidewinder? And pray-tell, are you using the scale seen in MM? (7.62mm Minigun = 4d10, Sidewinder = 20d6, and so on.)

I'll review the munitions themselves later.
Makes sense, I know of no vehicle-mounted weapon with a burst limiter.

Please explain this ROF mechanism?

Real Life:
The GAU-8 has two independant electric motors that spin the barrel assembly. When one is engaged, the gun spins ant ~2000 rpm. When both are engaged, the gun spins at twice that speed (3900 rpm) and fires twice as fast. The trigger has 3 positions: off, speed1, speed2.

Game mechanics:
I am considering the GAU-8 to be a "weapon system" combining several 30mm cannons using the rules for fire battery and fire linked weapons from d20 future. Fire battary allows you to fire some or all guns in the battery, every time you double the number of guns, you get +50% damage dice. This accurately reflects the variable speed of this weapon.

Maybe a payload statistic is needed, separate from cargo space?

perhaps, it should be noted that the payload can only be mounted on the 11 pylons.

Why these ratings?

Init and Maneuver: its the size modifier for a gargantuan vehicle. As for the maneuver, the A-10 is noted for its fantastic acrobatics, it can outturn an F-16 at low altitudes even when fully loaded with bombs. So I gave it a +2 to maneuver. The top speed is a directly translated from its max speed. I chose the hardness and HP to reflect the crafts toughness due to armor and redundant internal support structure. The lear jet has 44hp, the A-10 is much tougher than a lear jet. The 12 hardness is to reflect its armor plating of steel and titanium.

Stall speed? (It's "ceiling," but good job on these stats. Maybe a range stat would be appropriate, since ranges are more known?)

Stall speed is a statistic that is not important under standard d20 modern vehicle rules. Its there for those that use more detailed rules. Flight time is Flight Time is a simple mechanic that requires less book keeping overall than tracking round to round movement rates. Most range estimates for the A-10 also include a variable amount of loiter time due to its roll as a CAS aircraft.

They have such??

indeed they do. They are one of the most maneuverable military aircraft around.

Looking good ...Why's that??

it is more than 50ft wide and 50ft long. it wont fit in 1 square (1x1), it will fit in 4 squares (2x2)

Any link(s) to the Maverick and the Sidewinder, or do you mean the Menace Manual Sidewinder? And pray-tell, are you using the scale seen in MM? (7.62mm Minigun = 4d10, Sidewinder = 20d6, and so on.)

I'll review the munitions themselves later.

The Maverick and Sidewinder were statted in a bullet points article IIRC, I dont have a link but IIRC 20d6 for the Sidewinder is correct.

No I am not using the menace manual scale for gun damage.

In d20 modern core, a 30mm cannon does 4d12 damage (as my stats for the GAU-8 indicate). In Weapons Locker a 20mm AMR does 4d8 damage. My stats for the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon are modified to 4d12 for 2 reasons. 1: to account for the weapons superior ROF (6000 RPM) and 2: to make it easier to work them into a battery arangement with the main gun.

If you want it to work as the Menace manual mini-guns, Then they should probably be hitting for 8d12 and 8d8 without regard to thier actual Rates of fire.
re: scaryfroman
The GAU-8 produces ~half the thrust of both engines at full power. The aircraft needs both engines at full power to mantain speed while performing combat maneuvers. So fireing the gun during a rapid turn could, theoretically reduce speed enough to cause a stall danger. But you really need to be flying pretty close to strait at your target to hit anything, so this risk is rather limited.

Yeah, I looked it up on Wikipedia after I posted it (god, i love that site), and saw that. The limitations are for safety and for keeping the weapon in good shape. It is a pretty neat gun, though. The A-10 is less an airplane than a gun with wings.
Real Life:
The GAU-8 has two independant electric motors that spin the barrel assembly. When one is engaged, the gun spins ant ~2000 rpm. When both are engaged, the gun spins at twice that speed (3900 rpm) and fires twice as fast. The trigger has 3 positions: off, speed1, speed2.

Okay, makes sense.
I am considering the GAU-8 to be a "weapon system" combining several 30mm cannons using the rules for fire battery and fire linked weapons from d20 future. Fire battary allows you to fire some or all guns in the battery, every time you double the number of guns, you get +50% damage dice. This accurately reflects the variable speed of this weapon.

Makes sense. Are you saying that starship rules of this sort (ie sensors, damage control, fire-linking and battery) should be imported into Modern (ie MSRD) for statting military aircraft and ships & take precedence over core-Modern vehicle rules?

(Not that this doesn't make sense.)

perhaps, it should be noted that the payload can only be mounted on the 11 pylons.

Good idea.
As for the maneuver, the A-10 is noted for its fantastic acrobatics, it can outturn an F-16 at low altitudes even when fully loaded with bombs. So I gave it a +2 to maneuver.

Nice, but is there a mechanic for determining what planes (and ships) get what bonuses to Maneuverability? And wouldn't that entail Defense bonuses as well? (I'm a fan of this, even if it means revamping all of my vehicles.)
I chose the hardness and HP to reflect the crafts toughness due to armor and redundant internal support structure. The lear jet has 44hp, the A-10 is much tougher than a lear jet. The 12 hardness is to reflect its armor plating of steel and titanium.

What, it's not on the level of a M2 Bradley? What = hardness 18 and what is needed for hardness 12? :P

I wonder if you know the armor values -- for game purposes -- of quite a few military vehicles, so I can use them too, hehe ...
Stall speed is a statistic that is not important under standard d20 modern vehicle rules. Its there for those that use more detailed rules. Flight time is Flight Time is a simple mechanic that requires less book keeping overall than tracking round to round movement rates. Most range estimates for the A-10 also include a variable amount of loiter time due to its roll as a CAS aircraft.

Oh, okay, makes sense.
it is more than 50ft wide and 50ft long. it wont fit in 1 square (1x1), it will fit in 4 squares (2x2)

No starship scale, just air scale? Okay, but why must it be 2x2? (That is, a square)
The Maverick and Sidewinder were statted in a bullet points article IIRC, I dont have a link but IIRC 20d6 for the Sidewinder is correct.

I'll look the Maverick up.
In d20 modern core, a 30mm cannon does 4d12 damage (as my stats for the GAU-8 indicate).

I kinda disagree with using the BMP-2's 30mm cannon as a base, since the GAU-8/A's 30mm is something like 30x173mm. Anyone know if that was the length-wise caliber of the BMP-2, or close enough to abstract-out the difference? If so, I'll retract that.
In Weapons Locker a 20mm AMR does 4d8 damage. My stats for the M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon are modified to 4d12 for 2 reasons. 1: to account for the weapons superior ROF (6000 RPM) and 2: to make it easier to work them into a battery arangement with the main gun.

Ah, but doesn't that make a F-15 as much of a tank-killer with its gun as is the A-10?
If you want it to work as the Menace manual mini-guns, Then they should probably be hitting for 8d12 and 8d8 without regard to thier actual Rates of fire.

ROTFLMAO ...
Re: maneuverability. Its just something that you need to imagine, some vehicles are more maneuverable for thier size. There is no particular formula for it.

I do think that some starship rules do make sense for modern vehicles.

Re: f15, not quite... The GAU-8 as I have statted is armor piercing. ignoring 10 points of hardness. The GAU-8 can also "battery" itself to up its damage to 6d12. So in effect the A-10 does ~21 more points of damage per hit than the F-15. Even when doing this, the A-10 is using 2/3 the ammo of the f-15.

RE: armor. I made it up. I figured it was a bit tougher than the average steel plate, but not as tough as the armor on a bradley or tank.
Now that we're talking about this kind of thing, here's a question: what do you think a Phoenix (or whatever's the name) Point-Defense System (it's those miniguns that are on the carriers, you know, for missile defense) can do in D20 terms?
Now that we're talking about this kind of thing, here's a question: what do you think a Phoenix (or whatever's the name) Point-Defense System (it's those miniguns that are on the carriers, you know, for missile defense) can do in D20 terms?

That's the Mk15 Phalanx Close-I Weapon System, which consists of a M61A1 Vulcan 20mm cannon (1550 box*) on a full turret, able to acquire and track targets due to a , firing at over 4500 rpm until the target's destruction. (The original had a 989-round box and fired at 3,000 rpm.) The current version (Block 1B PSuM) has a manual override for a human operator to use the CIWS and has a forward-looking infrared (FLIR) sensor to let it target surface threats. The whole unit weighs 12,401 lb. or 13,492 lb. (I don't know which is newer and which is older.)

If you don't want to use point-defense rules, I would just count it as a single gun -- albeit if you use the fire-linked rules that Nadaka's using, the M61 has fire-linked and battery properties anyway -- with a set Initiative modifier and attack bonus for the whole unit.

* For the vets here: Does linkless count as box, even if it's too big to be used with Quick Reload?

Re: maneuverability. Its just something that you need to imagine, some vehicles are more maneuverable for thier size. There is no particular formula for it.

Darn, that's tough. Do you get the sense that some of the core vehicles haven't had that applied?

Don't see why they shouldn't become standardized ...
Re: f15, not quite... The GAU-8 as I have statted is armor piercing. ignoring 10 points of hardness. The GAU-8 can also "battery" itself to up its damage to 6d12. So in effect the A-10 does ~21 more points of damage per hit than the F-15. Even when doing this, the A-10 is using 2/3 the ammo of the f-15.

Oh, okay. Well, considering that it's the biggest aircraft gun in the USAF arsenal, are you sure that pans out? (In comparison of other air-deployed weapons.)
RE: armor. I made it up. I figured it was a bit tougher than the average steel plate, but not as tough as the armor on a bradley or tank.

Oh, okay. Not even 900 lb. of titanium bathtub? :P

Darn, that's problematic.

I agree.

Sweeeeeeeet ...

Oh, okay.

Rylthar, what did you think of the Merkava?
I need stats for a honda odyssey Minivan please