The Warehouse: Mecha Specs

160 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to the warehouse! This threads goal is the compilation of mecha designs by members of the boards, to be used by other board members.

Please use the sblock and include all information for your mecha.
THE XV25 STEALTH SUIT MECHA
Basically a large suit of armor, the XV25 is as advanced in stealth and recon technology as can be created.
[This is taken from WH40k - Tau Empire]

XV25 STEALTH SUIT

Serving as light infantry and scouts, the Stealth Suits performs well in urban environments where thay can take advantage of cover and concealment.

Size: Large/Medium
Superstructure: Vanadium
Armor: Resilium
Armor Penalty: –5
Strength Bonus: +6
Speed: 30 ft.
Bonus Hit Points: 100
Hardness: 20
Bonus to Defense: +6
Reach: 5 ft.
Dexterity Penalty: —
Purchase DC: 45

Standard Equipment Package: Pilot’s cockpit (torso and helmet), T-95 chaingun (right arm + 4x50 rounds), Jumppack (back), Enigma Sensors (left arm equivalent), Comm System, Stealth Suite (boots equivalent; +10 Hide and Move Silently), Cloaking Screen (shoulder equivalent; +40/+20 Hide standing/moving).

Special: The Stealth Suit is built lightly, and is much swifter than other mechas of the same size. It is therefore considered Medium whenever it is beneficient for it. It occupies one 5 ft. square, and it’s reach is also 5 ft. However, the Strenght bonus is reduced to +6, and the Jetpack is only a Jumppack (which provides +40 to all Jump checks, and there are no range limits).
I love it.
Could you also do the other Tau suits?

Bowen
yeah a good idea
But of course
I'll be posting them soon...
THE XV15 STEALTH SUIT
Technically not a Mecha, this is XV Stealth Suit is the standard armor for Stealth Teams.

XV15 STEALTH SUIT

Serving as light infantry and scouts, the Stealth Suits performs well in urban environments where thay can take advantage of cover and concealment.

XV15 – Powered Armor – Equipment Bonus +9 – Non-Prof Bonus +2 – Max Dex +2 – ACP 4 – Speed 25 ft./20 ft. – 60 lb.

Special: The XV15 sports an integrated jumppack (which provides +35 to all Jump checks, and there are no range limits) and an integrated compact M-9 Barrage Chaingun. It is considered “ultralight”. Because the armor is powered, the wearer only feels half the weight of the whole armor. Additionally, the helmet of the armor includes a high-tech HUD, and sensors granting +5 to spot and listen checks, as well as Low-light Vision and Darkvision 90 ft..

Stealth:
The XV15 uses cutting-edge sonic dampening technology to increase the stealth of the user. Sonic dampening field generators are built into the suit, reducing to a minimum the noise made by movement. A character wearing a silent suit gains a +10 equipment bonus on all Move Silently checks. It is also equiped with a Photon shield, which provides a +40 equipment bonus to Hide checks when standing still, but is reduced to +20 when moving. Pinpointing the location of a character wearing a XV15 that isn’t attempting to hide requires a Spot check (DC 40 if the character is not moving, DC 20 if he or she is moving). Additionally, a character wearing a XV15 gains total concealment (50% miss chance) against attacks, even if the attackers correctly pinpoint its fighting space.
I'm working on the XV8 and XV88 Broadside suits, but it may take some time before I'll get back to the boards.. Feel free to post suggestions
Yay! Someone is using this thread!!! :D

Nice mechas. I'll get some of mine posted as soon as possible.
THE XV8 CRISIS BATTLESUIT
The main Mecha of the Tau, the XV8 is versatile and nimble enough to adapt and overcome most situations. Serving as heavy armored infantry and light fire support, the XV8 performs well in most situations.

Size: Huge (-2)
Superstructure: Neovulcanium
Armor: Neovulcanium
Armor Penalty: –10
Strength Bonus: +16
Speed: 35 ft.
Bonus Hit Points: 200
Hardness: 25
Bonus to Defense: +10
Reach: 10 ft.
Dexterity Penalty:
Purchase DC: 50

Equipment:
Helmet: Cockpit.
Visor: Oracle Targetting System (+4).
Back: Jetpack.
Left arm: Barricade Tactical Shield or T-95 Cavalcade Chaingun, or M-70 EMP Rocket Launcher, or Avenger Electro-Scimitar, or A3X Dragon Flamethrower, or Tsunami 280 Plasma Cannon (focused beam setting only).
Left hand: 1 slot (free).
Right arm: Barricade Tactical Shield or T-95 Cavalcade Chaingun, or M-70 EMP Rocket Launcher, or Avenger Electro-Scimitar, or A3X Dragon Flamethrower, or Tsunami 280 Plasma Cannon (focused beam setting only).
Right hand: 1 slot (free).
Shoulders: T-95 Cavalcade Chaingun, or M-70 EMP Rocket Launcher, or A3X Dragon Flamethrower, or Tsunami 280 Plasma Cannon (focused beam setting only), or Deflection Field (+4).
Torso: Cockpit.
Belt: Zero-G Stabilizer (equivalent).
Boots: Space Skin (equivalent).
Misc: Comm System.

Note: When on longer combat missions, the Hand slots may be used to carry extra ammunition for the weapons.
Any comments? Critique? Anyone?
Don't play warhammer, so I can't really comment on them..... any pictures?
XV8 battlesuit: http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/battlesuits/1/

XV25 Stealth suit: http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/gallery/4/

Can't find any good pics of the XV15, here is a crappy little one: http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/tactica/images/stealth-shasui-1.gif

Any plans to do the XV88 Broadsides? http://uk.games-workshop.com/tau/gallery/16/
This new forum is terrible. Try again Wizards.
Nice. Mind if I use a few of them in a campaign I'm working up? Will look great for the rebel suits (as opposed to the Union suits, that look more like gundam wing mobile suits)
Of course, please use it. I will post the XV88 as soon as I'm done with it. But do you have any suggestions regarding the XV88?

Here's a good size comparison between the XV8 and XV25
http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/compare/2006-06-04_G3_09071_1000x607.jpg

And here's the smaller XV15 with two XV25.
http://cutthroat-miniatures.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/tau_stealths01.jpg
As long as we are on game stuff :D

Goliath, Bipedal; Terran Forward Assault Strike Armor. (PL 6)
Produced and distributed via LarsCorp Technologies.

Size: Large(-1) 15.5 Feet(T)/5x5
Superstructure: Duralloy
Armor: Resilium
Armor Penalty: -5
Strength: +8///18
Speed: 30 ft.
Hit Points: +150///30
Hardness: 15
Defense: +6///15
Purchase DC: 42 (Total)

Equipment:
Back: Cavalcade Ammo
Left arm and Right arm: Firelinked Cavalcade Chainguns (10d6)
Shoulders: Talon Missile Launcher (15d6)
Boots: Space Skin.
Fusion Core(1): Life Support.
Fusion Core(2): Structural Enhancement

Dragoon, Quadrupedal; Protoss Medium Support Mechanized Infantry (PL 8)

Size: Huge(-2) 10 Feet(T)/10x10
Superstructure: Mega-Titanium
Armor: Mega-Titanium
Armor Penalty: -10
Strength: +16///24
Speed: 40 ft.
Hit Points: +200///40
Hardness: 30
Defense: +16///24
Purchase DC: — (Total)

Equipment:
Helmet and Shoulders: Antimatter Cannon (10d12)
Back and Torso: Cockpit
Left arm and Right Arm: Mass Shields
Antimatter Core(1): Life Support
Antimatter Core(2): Space Skin
Antimatter Core(3) and Visor: Energy Shields
I'm going to try and stat up the new starcraft2 units, then we might be able to have ourselves a slugfest. :D
Of course, please use it. I will post the XV88 as soon as I'm done with it. But do you have any suggestions regarding the XV88?

My only real suggestion would be to use the Fire Linked rule from the starship weapons section for the Broadside cannons.

Here's a good size comparison between the XV8 and XV25
http://www.weetoysoldiers.com/compare/2006-06-04_G3_09071_1000x607.jpg

And here's the smaller XV15 with two XV25.
http://cutthroat-miniatures.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/tau_stealths01.jpg

Those pictures are much better than the ones I found. The first one also reminds me: Dreadnoughts, we need Dreadnoughts.

Otherwise, I really can't comment too much on the grounds that I despise the d20 Future mecha rules. However, your work is very good despite my personal feelings about the system.
Wouldn't that be publicly?
Color me confused. What would be publicly?
I don't know. Can't figure out what her sig means either.
Color me confused. What would be publicly?

Well, you said "personal feelings", but they aren't personal anymore.
Well, you said "personal feelings", but they aren't personal anymore.

Um...

per·son·al

adjective
Definition:

1. relating to somebody's private life: relating to the parts of somebody's life that are private
personal relationships

2. relating to one person: relating to a specific person rather than anyone else
my personal opinion

3. done by one person only: done by a specific person rather than by that person's delegate
that personal touch

4. intended for somebody: intended for or owned by a specific person rather than anyone else

5. referring offensively to somebody: referring, especially in an offensive way, to somebody's beliefs, actions, or physical characteristics
That personal remark was definitely uncalled-for.

6. unfairly remarking or questioning about others: making unacceptable remarks or being too probing about other people
There's no need to get personal.

7. of body: relating to somebody's body
personal hygiene

8. religion conscious and individual: having the character or nature of a conscious and individual entity

9. law of movable property: relating to or constituting a person's movable property
personal effectsB]

Now a part of public domain. Mwuahahahaha :evillaugh.
Well, as you requested:
XV88 Broadside Battleuit Picture

THE XV88 BROADSIDE BATTLESUIT
Heavy artillery platforms, the XV88 are mobile firesupport units. Sacrificing the standard jumppacks of the XV8s, the XV88s rely on huge amounts of firepower instead.

Size: Huge (-2)
Superstructure: Neovulcanium
Armor: Neovulcanium
Armor Penalty: –10
Strength Bonus: +16
Speed: 35 ft.
Bonus Hit Points: 200
Dexterity Penalty:
Purchase DC: 50

Visor: Oracle Targetting System (+4).
Back: Ammo for Rail Cannons.
Left arm: Ammo for M-70.
Left hand: 2 Fire-linked M-70 EMP Rocket Launchers.
Right arm:Ammo for M-70.
Right hand: 2 Fire-linked M-70 EMP Rocket Launchers.
Shoulders: 2 Fire-linked Miniaturized Rail Cannons (8d12 damage – 1000 ft. – Single).
Belt: Zero-G Stabilizer (equivalent).
Boots: Rooting System.

Rooting System: As a standard action, the XV88 can immobilize itself by focusing it’s energy in the legs. When doing so, the Oracle System's bonus is tripled (for a standard package XV88, this means +12 instead of +4). Uprooting is a move action.
Any comments?
What is the intention of the wording of the Rooting System? Does it give double the Oracle bonus in addition to the Oracle's standard bonus, or does it just double the Oracle's bonus.

If the latter, it could be worded something like: "As a standard action, the XV88 can immobilize itself by focusing it’s energy in the legs. When it does so, the bonus granted by the Oracle Targetting System is doubled. It takes a move action to uproot itself."
Defender
IMAGE(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/kronos182/stuff/35.jpg)
The Defender is an armoured mech used mostly for defending fortified or non fortified positions for groups that can't afford larger mechs, or where large mechs are not suitable such as tunnels or inside buildings.

Size: Large (-1)
Superstructure: Vanadium (Reinforced)
Armour: Duralloy (Reinforced)
Armour Penalty: -10
Reach: 10 ft
Strength Bonus: +8
Dexterity Penalty: 0
Speed: 20 ft Base
Purchase: 45

Helmet: Cockpit
Torso: Cockpit
Back: T-95 Ammo Belt (300 rds)
Shoulders: T-95 Ammo Belt (300 rds)
Left Arm: T-95 Cavalcade Chaingun (200 rds)
Right Arm: T-95 Cavalcade Chaingun (200 rds)
Boots: Class III Sensor System
Reinforced Armour

Standard Package Features: Camouflage paint (+5 hide in proper environment), comm system
Bonuses: +2 Navigate and Spot, +1 hide (when in proper environment paint scheme is for)
Weapons: 2 T-95 Cavalcade Chainguns 7d6 ballistic, 20, 60 ft incr, s/a, linked (500 rds ea), 80 lbs ea
Slam 1d8 bludgeon.
Reinforced Armour

Note: The Defender can have both the back and shoulder slots fitted with external equipment pods which will increase the ammunition from 300 rds each to 600 rds each, giving the Defender a total of 1600 rds. Or they can be fitted with other weapons and equipment.

New Mecha Equipment

External Equipment Pod
Designed to carry additional system, an external equipment pod bolts onto a mecha's shoulders or back and enables the mecha to carry more weapons, defensive systems or equipment than the design normally allows. A single mecha can carry up to two external equipment pods.

Each external equipment pod may hold up to 2 equipment slots worth of equipment - this does not go against the mecha's normal equipment slot limit. The exact type of equipment the pods can carry are limited to non-sensor, non-character items.
Equipment Slots: 1, must be shoulders or back/toros
Activation: None
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Persistent
Saving Throw: None
Purchase DC: 5 + one quarter the mecha's base purchase DC.
Restriction: None

Reinforced Armour
The mecha's superstructure is reinforced and thickened to better withstand damage. Designed to work in concert with the mecha's superstructure and armour covering, tying the two closer together and enhancing the capabilities of both elements of the mecha's design

A mecha outfitted with reinforced armour gains a +5 bonus to hardness, and increases the armour's equipment bonus to defense by +2. Due to the increased bulk of the mecha, the armour penalty is increased by 2.

Reinforced armour doesn't work if the mecha doesn't have standard armour equipped.

Equipment Bonus: See text
Armour Penalty: See text
Speed Penalty: None
Purchase DC: 5 + one half the mecha's base purchase DC
Narukagami: It's supposed to double the ORACLE bonus (in this case 2x4=8 ), and add this to the attack bonus. So it's in addition to the +4 already granted by the ORACLE system.

Kronos: Looks cool, what game is that?
Narukagami: It's supposed to double the ORACLE bonus (in this case 2x4=8 ), and add this to the attack bonus. So it's in addition to the +4 already granted by the ORACLE system.

Kronos: Looks cool, what game is that?

i don't know.. i had the pic sitting on my harddrive for a year, so i forget where i found it. sorry
Tiberian Sun? I know there were mecha in there.
Just random CGI artwork is my guess.
Tiberian Sun? I know there were mecha in there.

it doesn't match anything from tiberian sun.. the closest thing in tiberian sun would be the wolverine.. but it's boxier..

i think narukagami is right with it being more random cgi art.. i've had it sitting on my comp for at least a year, so i can tell you what i'm sure it's not from, but where it is, no idea
Sentry Mk1
IMAGE(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/kronos182/stuff/Laser-Sentry.jpg)
The Sentry Mk1 was built as a quick, light scout or interceptor, or patrol unit. Light, fast, cheap and easy to learn how to control, the Sentry can be fielded in large numbers for armies that need large numbers of mecha on a tight budget. A really stripped down mech, with room for customization.

Large Scout Walker Mecha (refer to Future Tech, pg 66)
Bonus Hit Points: 80
Superstructure: Alumisteel
Hardness: 10
Armour: Alumisteel
Bonus to Defense: +2 (open cockpit)
Armour Penalty: -6
Speed: 35 ft Base
Purchase DC: 39

Helmet: Class III Sensor System
Torso: Open Cockpit Mk1
Torso: Corona Microwave Beam
Back: SatCom Array
Back:
Shoulders:
Left Leg:
Right Leg:
Boots:
Comm System

Standard Package Features: Comm system
Bonuses: +2 Navigate and Spot
Weapons: 1 Corona Microwave Beam 5d6 fire, 20, 15 ft incr, single, -, 15 lbs
Slam 1d8 bludgeon.

New Mecha Equipment

Open Cockpit
The open cockpit is like a normal cockpit, only it's open, leaving the pilot exposed somewhat. The open cockpit reduces the mecha's armour bonus to defense dependent on which model of open cockpit, due to how open it is. On large sized mecha the Open cockpit must be in one of the following slots: helmet, torso, and back. Mk1 armour bonus is only 1/4, Mk2 armour bonus is only 1/2, Mk3 armour bonus is 3/4 of its normal bonus, round up.
Equipment Slots: 1 for Mk1 and Mk2, 2 for Mk3
Purchace DC: -5 for Mk1, -3 for Mk2, -1 for Mk3
Sentry Mk2
IMAGE(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/kronos182/stuff/SentryMk2.jpg)

The Sentry Mk2 is a much upgraded version of the Mk1. Boosting more weapons, better armour, but still suffers from the open cockpit. The Mk2 is more useful for attack than the Mk1 was, and is still fairly cheap.

Hardness: 15
Armour: Duralloy
Bonus to Defense: +2 (open cockpit)
Armour Penalty: -8
Speed: 20 ft Base
Purchase DC: 40

Helmet: Class III Sensor System
Torso: Open Cockpit Mk1
Back: SatCom Array
Shoulders: 1 4-missile pack (4 missiles)
Left Arm: M-87 Talon Missile Launcher (4 missiles)
Right Arm: M-21 Comet Autolaser
Boots:
Comm System

Standard Package Features: Comm system
Weapons: M-87 Talon Missile Launcher 15d6 ball/fire, 20, - ft incr, single, 4 int +4 extra missiles, 20 lbs
M-21 Comet Autolaser 8d6 fire, 20, 75 ft incr, S/A, -, 40 lbs
Slam 1d8 bludgeon.

New Mecha Equipment

Open Cockpit
The open cockpit is like a normal cockpit, only it's open, leaving the pilot exposed somewhat. The open cockpit reduces the mecha's armour bonus to defense dependent on which model of open cockpit, due to how open it is. On large sized mecha the Open cockpit must be in one of the following slots: helmet, torso, and back. Mk1 armour bonus is only 1/4, Mk2 armour bonus is only 1/2, Mk3 armour bonus is 3/4 of its normal bonus, round up.
Equipment Slots: 1 for Mk1 and Mk2, 2 for Mk3
Purchace DC: -5 for Mk1, -3 for Mk2, -1 for Mk3
Thread resurrection!

Saturn: The Grunt

IMAGE(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/kronos182/stuff/b120710_sn.jpg)

The Grunt was created by Saturn (yes, the car company) after it separated from General Motors and expanded into mecha and other military hardware. The Grunt was designed to be as completely modular as possible, making repairs fast and cheap, and to allow for incredible flexibility in weapons and other hardware between missions. A trained crew with proper equipment can completely strip down and change equipment in about thirty minutes.
Saturn offers a number of packages for use with the Grunt (these are available only for the Grunt, so far, as they make use of its modular systems) which can be factory installed or stored for later use. It is possible to buy mixed packages, but this usually costs more than the standard packages. Remember, these packages can be swapped easily and quickly so if you own more than one package, make sure you have the storage space for them. Each package comes in a storage container that takes up about roughly the space of half to three quarters the volume of the Grunt itself, depending on the package of course.

The Grunt comes standard with a Warpath Recoilless Rifle and a small laser built into the left arm for anti-personal protection, and an alarm system!

Hardness: 13
Armour: Resilium Armour
Bonus to Defense: +6
Armour Penalty: -5
Speed: 30 ft Base
Purchase DC: 40

Helmet: Class II Sensor System
Helmet: Cockpit
Torso: Cockpit
Back:
Shoulders: Warpath Ammo
Left Arm: Laser (arm slot is still available, the laser is built into the wrist and is small enough to not interfere with added equipment)
Right Arm: Warpath Recoilless Rifle (hand held, slot is still open)
Boots:
Comm System

Modular Construction: Due to the modular construction of the Grunt, its hardness is reduced by 2, but repair checks are reduced by 5, and take 25% less time.
Added 1 extra equipment slot to Helmet
Standard Package Features: Comm system, Alarm system, Class II Sensor system
Weapons: 1 Warpath Recoilless Rifle 10d6 ballistic, 20, 40 ft incr, S/A, 20 box, 50 lbs (40 rounds total)
1 Laser 3d8 Fire, 20, 80 ft, S/A, unlimited, 6 lbs
Slam 1d8 bludgeon.

(I know the Warpath has range that is shorter than the laser, which is actually just a laser rifle built into the arm of the mecha. House rule mecha weapon range is automatically double what it says in the book for simple rule.)

Equipment Packages

Anti Infantry
The anti infantry package is for those times when you just need to get rid of all those pesky foot soldiers running around in your way. Although if heavy resistance, or armoured resistance might be expected, it is suggested to change the grenade launcher with something heavier, or have anti-material units assigned with the Anti Infantry armed Grunt.
The following changes are made to the Grunt with this weapons package
1) Replace Warpath with Linked Twin Thunder machine gun pod,
2) Add A3X Dragon Flame Thrower to left arm, but the laser remains,
3) Replace Warpath Ammo storage on back with Grenade Launcher system
4) Add Smoke Grenade Launcher pod to boots
5 optional) Ammo Drum can be added to the back for the Linked Twin Thunder machine gun pod, or for the Grenade Launcher

Discriminator
People say you discriminate others? With the Discriminator package, you don't discriminate against any one group, you discriminate EVERYONE! Friends, family and the enemy alike!
The following changes are made to the Grunt with the Discriminator package:
1) Replace Warpath with T-95 Cavalcade Chaingun, hand held, slot is open,
2) Add Discriminator Plasma Cannon to left arm and shoulders,
3) Add T-95 ammo drum to back,
4) Add Discriminator Chrysanthemum Laser array to boots,
5) Change armour from Duraplastic to Duralloy, speed reduced to 20 ft.

New Equipment:

Alarm System
This simple mecha device consists of pressure sensitive sensors, several concealed loud speakers, and an electronic lock that seals the mecha's hatches and maintenance ports. Within 30 seconds of being touched (or ten seconds if any of the hatches or ports are interfered with) the system emits a shrill alarm that persists until the system is switched off (a hand held remote, small enough to fit in a pocket). A successful Disable Device check (DC 30) is required to deactivate the system - before or after it has been set off.
The mecha's pilot must activate and deactivate the system using an attack option.
Equipment Slots: 0
Activation: Attack action, see text
Duration: Persistent, see text
Purchace DC: 13

Linked Twin Thunder Machine Gun Pod
This device is essentially two Twin Thunder machine guns linked together in a weapon pod that is attached to the arm of the mecha, dealing 3d10 damage. The pod carries 200 rounds for each weapon. If an ammo drum is attached to the mecha, the ammo drum holds another 1000 rounds for each weapon, and can be linked to the pod itself by the ammo belts.
Equipment Slots: 1
Activation: Attack action
Range Increment: 100 ft
Target: Autofire
Duration: Instantaneous
Purchace DC:
Restriction: Military (+3)

Grenade Launcher
This is a grenade launcher, pretty simple. Adaptable system that'll fire old 40mm, 25mm or 20 mm grenades, and even the new mini grenades. When filled, must select size of grenade. Damage varies with the type, and size of grenade used. The launcher can fire up to two grenades at a time, or only one. When firing two, it is designed to create as much of an overlapping kill zone while still granting a large target area. The launcher holds 20 grenades. Each equipment slot (ammo drum) dedicated to ammo storage adds another 40 grenades
Game mechanics: When firing two grenades, target a square, or person like normal, increase damage by half (if grenade does 4d6, damage is now 6d6), increase radius by 25% and increase Reflex DC by +2.
Range Increment: 100 ft
Target: Semi
Saving Throw: Varies with grenade
Purchace DC:

Smoke Grenade Launchers
A set of three tubes which are designed to launch smoke or tear gas grenades. Each tube holds three grenades, for a total of 9 grenades. Standard load is usually 6 smoke and three tear gas grenades.
Range Increment: 50 ft
Target: Single
Duration: Varies with grenade
Saving Throw: Varies with grenade
Purchace DC:

Discriminator Plasma Cannon
The Discriminator plasma cannon is a modified Tsunami 480 plasma canon that's a bit smaller, more unwieldy than the original. Also, only the wide-angle setting is available, and the mecha pilot suffers a -2 dex penalty with this weapon.
Equipment Slots: 2, arm and shoulder (usually used on the left arm, making the laser unavailable and the hand is unusable as the weapon pod covers the hand)
Range Increment: 60 ft cone
Saving Throw: Reflex half (DC 19)
Purchace DC:

Discriminator Chrysanthemum Laser array
The Discriminator chrysanthemum laser array is a modified version of the standard chrysanthemum laser array. Dealing less damage, 12d8, it doesn't burn itself out after one use, but can be used repeatedly.
Activation: Attack action, once per round
Range Increment:
Target: 60 foot radius burst centered on you
Saving Throw: Reflex half (DC 25)
Purchace DC:

I haven't worked out pricing yet...
More packages to come.
I'm on board here's one of my creations
Maurader M1 Assult Mecha (PL7)
Size:Huge Infantry (-2sz) Bonus Hitpoints:250
Super Structureandium Hardness: 20
Armor: Belenus Heat Difusing Defense:+6
Penilty:-5 Reach:15ft.
Strength:+16 Dexterity:--
Speed: 50ft Purchase DC: 49
Equipment Package:
Cockpit(Torso, Back), Light Fortification(Boots), P-7 Railgun w/18 bolts(Right armx2, Shoulders, Back), Warpath Recoiless Rifle(Right hand), Oracle MK V Targeting computer(Visor), Enigma Sensor Suite(Belt), Class 4 Sensor array (Helmet), GM-LT9 Seeker Missile Launcher(Leftarmx2), PS-25 Tiger Claws(Left hand), Chaff Dispenser(Shoulders)
The M1 Maurader is a heavy weapons mech designed to engage distant targets and provide close infantry support, but there relativly low ammo supply means an equaly limited time on station with out resupply.
More Saturn's Grunt Packages...

Shocker, also known as Bug Zapper
The Shocker package was designed by an engineer who had a strange obsession with bug zappers and anything that related to electrical arcs. Although an unusual and almost specialized package, it does remain quite popular for those who like a bit of flair to their fighting styles.
1) Replace Warpath with Ion Rifle, hand held slot still open,
2) Add M-70 EMP Rocket launcher to shoulders,
3) Add Thunder Clap Hammer to left arm or right, depending on which arm Ion Rifle is on, hand held slot is still open,
4) LX-10 Antishock Array to boots,
5) Add Electro Array to back,
Optional: Replace Electro Array with Discriminator Chrysanthemum Laser array.
Optional: Lightning style paint job (five different variations) at only PDC 13

Deluxe Package
The Deluxe package is more of an internal upgrade than a normal package. The standard cockpit is upgraded with new features, replacing the standard seat for a leather one, improved stereo system with a 10.2 digital hyper surround system, which ties into the comm system and external mics so that you can actually sense the direction a sound is coming from. Includes MP6 and hyper red ray disc for both audio and visual playback, for those long waits during ambushes or getting to the combat zones.
Class II Sensor system is upgraded to Class III Sensor system.
The ultimate climate control system is installed (this is a scaled down version of a life support system, but lacks the full environmental seals and NBC protection). Also includes an adjustable cup holder which will securely hold an ULTRA Big Gulp (now available in 5L sizes at your local Squishy Mart) even with your mecha doing cart wheels, make sure the lid is properly secured on your beverage first. Also includes a mini fridge to keep beverages nice and cool.

PAC Package. Also known as Boom Gun, Big Betsy or Over Kill!!!
This package is centered around one weapon: a powerful particle accelerator cannon. Using this weapon forsakes use of any other weapon except the laser that already comes with the Grunt. This system is made ONLY for the Grunt, as it uses the modular connection system and so far has been incompatible with other mecha designs.
1) Replace Warpath with Particle Accelerator Cannon, takes up right arm, shoulders, left arm equipment slot for power and other systems such as heat sinks,
2) Add Nuclear Power core to back, added equipment slot is dedicated to the particle accelerator cannon,
3) Stabilizing and weight distribution system added to boots,
Optional: It is recommended to replace armour with a higher level, customer's choice of what armour to use. Generally Duralloy is offered at a discount.
Note: Due to the weight of the system, and the stabilizing and weight distribution system, the speed of the Grunt is lowered to 20 ft, this is also factoring heavier armours, which will not lower the speed down farther, even with armours that normally lower speed below this point.

Melee Package
The melee package is actually a highly customizable package. You pick melee from the catalog and then start selecting your combat style or weapons from there. Two weapons, weapon shield? Reach weapons? One melee, one ranged? Totally flexible package, and the Ancient Warrior body kits are also discounted when bought with this package.
'Standard Melee Package makes the following changes to the Grunt:
1) Replace Warpath with PS-15 Panther Claws,
2) Add Bulwark Tactical Shield, doesn't interfere with the laser, can be hand held or integrated,
3) Corona Microwave Beam added to shoulders for ranged defense
Optional: Warpath can be carried on the back and used when the Panther claws are not deployed.
Optional: Any other mecha melee weapon can be substituted in place of the Panther Claws, and the Bulwark shield can be upgraded to a Bastion Tactical Shield. Or a ranged weapon may be used, or switched for the Corona. See other melee weapons for different choices.

Cosmetic Packages
Saturn also offers a number of cosmetic packages, which range from paint jobs (PDC 10 to 20 for really elaborate designs), to body kits.
The body kits alter the appearance of the Grunt in various ways, usually styling in different themes, which can be used with any other packages, except the PAC package. Only special paint jobs can be used with the PAC and a basic one costs PDC 21 and go up from there as a special paint has to be used to withstand the heat from the PAC's weapon.
Standard body kits include the following:

Skull and Skeleton Motif - armour plating and head face plate are shaped and designed to look more like a skeleton, usually painted in whites and other colours associated with bones, even splashes of blood red in strategic locations to create a sense of a 'fresh' skeleton are available.

Ancient Warrior - Styled after samurai or medieval armour, especially popular with melee packages. Usually also customers upgrade the armour with this body kit.

Sports/Speed Demons/Tricked Out - This body kit uses more angular and slimmer designed plates and head designs. Usually only kids and speed demons get this body kit. Popular with the current generation of the 'Fast and the Furious' wannabes that use mecha instead of civilian land vehicles. Saturn does offer Mage8 Armor Plating* with this package, which these kids eat up.. No real combat pilot would every use Mage8 Armor Plating, unless they're just that stupid.

New Equipment

Ion Rifle
Using principles of ionized particles in an atmosphere creating lightning bolt like affects, the Ion Rifle uses those principles on a much larger scale. A low powered laser is first fired before the main particle stream to help create a path to the target, ionizing the air slightly. About 0.056 seconds after the laser is fired, the weapon fires a stream of ionized particles with an opposite charge to the laser created path so that the much larger stream follows it, creating a more linear lightning bolt effect as it streaks toward the target doing 9d6 points of electrical damage. Unfortunately the Ion rifle is not well suited to long ranges and loses power the farther it goes.
Game Mechanics: Only goes a maximum of five range increments, and for every range increment past the first subtract one die of damage. So at second range increment only does 8d6, and so on.
Range Increment: 75 ft
Target: Semi
Purchace DC:

Thunder Clap Hammer
The Thunder Clap hammer is similar in principle to the Thunderbolt shock rod, only improved. It looks like a mecha sized sledgehammer only one side is narrowed to a point for those times when you need to punch a hole instead of just smashing something. The pointed side is specifically designed for piercing armour and delivering a shock to internal components, although not as powerful as the hammer side. Damage is determined by the size of the mecha wielding it (as Saturn does make Thunder Clap Hammers for larger sized mecha): Large 6d8 hammer/6d6 spike, Huge 8d8 hammer/8d6 spike, Gargantuan 10d8 hammer/10d6 spike, Colossal 12d8 hammer/12d6 spike. Half damage is bludgeoning and half electricity for the hammer and for the spike. The spike end has a x3 critical and ignores 10 points of hardness/DR. The pilot must select which side he/she is using before making the attack.
Range: Touch
Target: Single target within reach.
Purchace DC:

Electro Array
The Electro array electrifies sections of the mecha's armour skin for defensive and offensive purposes. When something grabs the mecha, it will take 4d6 electricity damage from the electrical field. When the mecha attacks with fists, feet or body slams it'll deal an additional 4d6 electricity damage.
The electro array can also be used create a magnetic field like affect to allow the mecha to cling to metallic surfaces allowing for easy movement in space along hulls of ships or stations, grants a +5 bonus against trip and bullrush/overrun attempts. However, this reduces the bonus damage to attacks against grapples or melee damage to only 2d6 points of electricity damage. Requires a Computer Use check DC 16 to alter the field this way.
Also, all the energy can be focused into one area, such as a fist that deals 7d6 points of electricity damage for that selected spot. However this damage can only be added to the mecha's slam attack, and not to any hand held weapons.
Note: The Electro Array requires the LX-10 or LX-20 Antishock Array installed or the mecha will suffer 1d6 points of electricity damage every round the device is active.
Duration: Persistent when activated
Purchace DC:

Particle Accelerator Cannon
This weapon is just out of its experimental phase and is highly promising, if slow and heavy, and power demanding. This weapon was designed for anti material and fortification purposes, not against lightly armoured and mobile targets. It requires the use of an external power source as a mecha's normal power plant would just shut down trying to feed the demands of this monstrous weapon on its own, hence the use of a nuclear power core added with the package. The PAC (Particle Accelerator Cannon) deals an incredible 10d10 points of damage (unknown energy type) and ignores 15 points of hardness/DR. The PAC can only fire once per round, up to three times before it requires a 5 round cool down period after the third shot.
Note: The PAC is unwieldy and heavy, requires the Stabilization system installed in the boots/legs of the mecha to keep it from tipping over. But even with this system installed, still suffers a -4 to attack rolls. The stabilization just keeps the mecha upright and able to walk normally although slower, it does not provide any bonuses against trips or overrunning the mecha.
The PAC also suffer from range problems and massive blooming effects after the fifth range increment, making it useless past it's fifth range increment of 350 ft.
Equipment Slots: Pretty much all the Grunt has, plus one for the stabilization system mentioned above.
Range Increment: 70 ft
Purchace DC: Really expensive, and limited quantities.

Mage8 Armor Plating*
This was made by Backstabbist and I just had to use it. How I hate those Fast and Furious wannabes as they're mostly jerks, *******s and just plain stupid.. Not all, just 95% of them. So they get Mage8 Armor Plating at discounted prices! It can be found here.
Thanks backstabbist, I finally have a use for this item :D

Vibro Sword
A mecha sized vibro or high frequency sword, comes in 'standard' longsword, or curved katana style. Damage is based on mecha size: Large 2d10, Huge 4d10, Gargantuan 6d10, Colossal 8d10. Deals slashing damage, critical on a 19-20.
Purchace DC:

Vibro Halberd
A mecha sized halberd. All normal halberd rules apply (reach and all that stuff), just on a larger scale. Damage is based on mecha size: Large 3d10, Huge 5d10, Gargantuan 7d10, Colossal 9d10.
Equipment Slots: 2, both must be hands or arms
Purchace DC:

Quaker Hammer
The Quaker is a mecha sized two handed war hammer, but also includes a surprise. Damage is based on mecha size: Large 2d10, Huge 4d10, Gargantuan d10, Colossal 8d10, bludgeoning damage. Additionally, the Quaker Hammer contains a small gravity device. When activated (a move equivalent action), the Quaker deals an additional 50% damage for 5 rounds before it's capacitors are trained and take another 3 rounds to recharge from the mecha's power supply.
Equipment Slots: 2, must be hands or arms
Purchace DC:

Gremlin Works

During the chaos of the First Colonial War, many of the top aircraft companies in the world turned towards building mecha to supplement their craft and to act as on-ship defence units. Amoung these, Lockheed Martin fast became known for it's single purpose mecha under the subsidary, Gremlin Works.

Gremlin Works produces some of the most advanced mecha in the entirety of the Earth Confederation. These include anti-mecha, anti-air, and anti-ship units, as well as stealth mecha and prototype mecha the size of a small city.

And now, on to the mecha....

SD-01 Antlion

PL6
Size: Large Mecha Hieght: 1ft; Wieght: 800lbs; Bonus Hitpoints: 100
Super Structure: Vanadium; Hardness: 20; Armor: Duralloy; Defense: +8; Penalty: -8; Reach: 10ft; Strength: +8; Dexterity: --; Speed: 30ft;
Purchase DC: Base44/Total:
Equipment Package: Cockpit(torso/back), Class II Sensor Suite(Head), Typhoon 240 Laser Cannon(right arm/shoulder), Bastion Tactical Shield(left arm), Space Skin, Comm System.

The SDM-01 'Antlion' ship defence mecha is one of the most mass produced mechas by Gremlin Works, next to the AM-02 Wasp. The Antlion is designed to stave off boarding units while ship crew members escape. Armed with the powerful Typhoon 240 Laser Cannon and equiped with the heavy Bastion Tactical Shield, the Antlion can stand up to even the most heavily armed assualt.
So they get Mage8 Armor Plating at discounted prices! It can be found here.
Thanks backstabbist, I finally have a use for this item

HolySmokes!
I can't believe somebody is gonna use that. I figured the Chaingun Ranged Trip or the McGrenades... or even the McBangstick would get more use than that.

Capitolizing on research (a poll at Berkely), the northrup Human Resourses Dept developed a new mech armor material: Marketing-esium. They state that people believe what they are told, and will act accordingly even with direct evidence to the contrary, given an adequately funded marketing campaign. Thus begat the product Disbelief Armor: It is not really armor, but we tell folks it is... and they believe it.

"Ok Jimmy, I'll hold the grenade pin while you put the mayonaise on the weasle"
HolySmokes!
I can't believe somebody is gonna use that. I figured the Chaingun Ranged Trip or the McGrenades... or even the McBangstick would get more use than that.

I figured since a car company is making this mech, and I've seen a lot of those idiots 'tricking' out their cars have been Saturns in the area here, (next door neighbour actually has a modded Saturn), I just HAD to use Mage8 Armor. And besides, kind of reminds me of those panels that resisted dents and the like that Saturns use to have. Which they don't have that special feature anymore.. they removed that in 2005 i think.. or 2007.

Thanks again for creating Mage8 Backstabbist
I'm back everyone and I'd like to present the Blitzkrieg (yes it was built in Germany)
Blitzkrieg PL 7
Size: Gargantuan (Siege) Bonus HP: 400
Super Structure: Cerametal Hardness: 30
Armor: Nanofluidic Defense: +10
Armor Penilty: -6 Reach: 15 feet
Strength Bonus:+24 Dexterity Penilty:-2
Spd: 60ft, Fly; 100ft(Clumsy) Purchase DC:63 ($351,920,240.00 if you want to know)
Equipment Package: Comm System(no slot), Cockpit(Torsox2), Treads(replace leg and Boot slots, 4 Tread slots), Jetpack(Backx2), Class V Sensor Array(Helmet)Enigma Sensor suite(Cranium), Oracle Mk V targeting system(Visor), LX-20 Anti-Shock array(Belt), M-53 Firestar Rocket launcher(Shoulders), M-55 Crudd Rocket Launcher(Shoulders), T-95 Cavalcade Chaingun w/500 Rounds of ammo(left hand, left arm), M-75 Cricket Rocket Launcher(Left arm), P-7 Railgun w/12 bolts(Right hand[replacement], Right arm), Warpath Recoiless Rifle w/ 20 rounds(Right arm), A3x Dragon Flame Thrower(Tread), PNK Puma Pop-up Turret(Tread), Advanced Diagnostic(Tread), Light Fortification(Tread).

The Blitzkrieg (Lightning war) is a heavy weapons platform designed to serve on the battle field in a similar role to tanks, with the Jetpack was added to allow the Blitzkrieg to rise above the battle field and rain destruction on opposing forces forces and engage low flying aircraft.
Sign In to post comments