Issues with Groups

24 posts / 0 new
Last post

Howdy all,

If your group is having issues, please post as much detail here as you can, including full and accurate group name, what exactly the issue is, and links if possible.

Thanks,

Monica

Hallo Monica,

Things that we have noticed on the group level have mostly been editing of the forums themselves so far. Editing individual posts/threads seems to be selective for admins/mods and deleting out dated chunks of the forums that had been deleted before the switch is described as glitchy at best(?). Editing posts/threads is probably more of a question of if we will have more control once everything is said and done since I know the way way back forums didn't offer those powers to subforum leads a few forum versions ago. We have been hitting notifications that we are not authorized even in the group owner account. The deleting is probably manageable. The issue there is that content that's set to be deleted often doesn't delete immediately but then disappears a few days later. So it's probably on the low priority scale.

Just thought I'd let you know the issues we've encountered thus far.

Jay, Paranoia Paradise

http://community.wizards.com/group/paranoia-paradise

This is a signature.

Monica:

In the group PbP Haven, an entire section of the forums has vanished into thin air.  I've heard that other groups have had similar incidents, but cannot attest to them, only to this one.

Group link: http://community.wizards.com/group/play-post-haven

The vanished forum: http://community.wizards.com/forums/77636

Originally, the forum in question was difficult to find.  You either had to search by thread names, hunt through the OP's profile, or (as shown in this image):

Now, most of the forums are vanished.

Like I said, I've heard anecdotally that other groups have had a similar issue, so my initial thinking is that it wasn't something that our group owner did.  I may be mistaken (though, if it was something he did, I wouldn't be surprised if it was because this new program is godsawful).

By the by, thank you for actually showing up.

JayDreven wrote:

Hallo Monica,

Things that we have noticed on the group level have mostly been editing of the forums themselves so far. Editing individual posts/threads seems to be selective for admins/mods and deleting out dated chunks of the forums that had been deleted before the switch is described as glitchy at best(?). Editing posts/threads is probably more of a question of if we will have more control once everything is said and done since I know the way way back forums didn't offer those powers to subforum leads a few forum versions ago. We have been hitting notifications that we are not authorized even in the group owner account. The deleting is probably manageable. The issue there is that content that's set to be deleted often doesn't delete immediately but then disappears a few days later. So it's probably on the low priority scale.

Just thought I'd let you know the issues we've encountered thus far.

Jay, Paranoia Paradise

http://community.wizards.com/group/paranoia-paradise

To add on this, just now, within the last hour somewhere, our entire forum disappeared except for the newest topics we made regarding this new forum...

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

To amend my previous post, and along the lines of what swmabie is saying, our forum seems to be eating itself. Initially I had assumed that it was just the things I was deleting finally going through, but in the time since the last post and this one, a large chunk that hadn't been set to delete vanished as well.

*Edit: Beaten to the punch...*

This is a signature.

All forums, subforums and threads in the Terisia City and Fan Fiction group have vanished.

I can see that i've posted in threads there in my history, but the group forums shows up as "missing container"

In light of the super awesome and totally usable WotC boards, many of us have moved offsite.

Check us out on NoGoblinsAllowed.  We've got areas for MtG, D&D, and open to expand.  Also have several play-by-post D&D games.

We'd be glad to have you drop by.

I am unable to invite my friend Darth_Jerrod [213631] to my private group PLAYNEXT http://community.wizards.com/group/playnext, it says "sorry, no match were found for darth_jerrod". He was invited on 08/28 and during the forum transition he lost access, I tried to invite him to another of my group to test and it worked. So i believe the issue is wiith him and my PLAYNEXT grooup.

Another issue i have with my PLAYNEXT group is that i only see 8 members even though the Group Overview says i have 16 members. Which mean i cant manage half the members even though they can access the group and post in it.

I have attached JPEGs of both issues and i'd like to ask if someone can please look into it thanks.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Can / will the vanished group forums and posts be restored?

But another sound followed them long after these had faded, followed them into morning on a strange road - the tiny, dry sound of a spider weeping.

• If I go to any of the pages for a group I can't get back to the group page without going backwards in the browser.
  • I have tried to use bbcode and mediaWikia and most all the tags except a small subset function.
  • All the image tags on the groups wiki pages have all disappared.
  • I have no way to get to the images that have been uploaded to group page.

Big Model: Creative Agenda
Love 4e? Concerned about its future? join the Old Guard of 4th Edition
Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of random stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke

The Main Page of seems to be missing on my wiki as well.

Big Model: Creative Agenda
Love 4e? Concerned about its future? join the Old Guard of 4th Edition
Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of random stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke

So, the PLay-By-Post Haven is now saying that it has "No group forum container", what ever the hell that means. I was trying to clear all the sub-forums and excess posts out of it when this occured, Now I can find no way to create any forum or post within the group. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The threads within still seem to exist (I can find links to them in my profile) but the forum itszelf has vanished.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

It seems that I can't figure out how to upload images as a group owner (The Players' Vault) nor can I access the notes I have made under the image gallery I have titled "Sekola Settings' Gallery" at The Vault.

Maybe its my distracted concentration or maybe this is a lost feature yet I would like a confirmation and an explanation on what I can't do with the image gallery that I could have done with it before the 9/9 event. Can you provide me the confirmation or show me comprehensiable instructions on how to operate the image uploading process as well as how to access the images I have already uploaded descriptons and their notes I have typed out with the image's title?

Who/What Am I?
"I might have been a hmmm... eh-eh well, y'kno but, instead" I'm a fighter... --
peacekeepermedc.gif -- ...not a lover. This signature concept is from "http://www.pathguy.com/index2.htm"
html_removed
What I Doing Here?
@MTG Forums. Contestant: A Contest Like No Other hosted by Fakeartist. An Angelic Aspect In The Wild, Wild World Of The Mata Hari's Agency. @DnD Forums. Digital Artist In Training: What Do YOU Think MY Character Looks Like's Thread - @4e Character Development forum. Player (Osborn) - Bounty Hunter (Fighter DnDNext): DnD presents The Walking Dead @Play By Post Forum. Player (Shana Zorus) - Professional Bodyguard/Adventurer (Hybrid Warden/Paladin 4e): The Unhallowed Gate @Play By Post Haven Forum (DM by ffShadow) Player (Krist Breeze) - Twiceborn War Mage/Imbuer (Hybrid Warlord/Wizard 4e): Castle Greyhawk - @Real Adventures (DM by Icanus) Player (Blyne Munro) - Happy-Go-Lucky Scout/Explorer (Warlock 4e) Domain of Shadows-Darkness Falls - Play By Post Haven (DM by WhisperMagellan) Player (Ansmril) - Vistani Blessed Psalmist (Bard/Shaman 4e) The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good - (And I'm The DM) DM - The Young Mercenaries/Ps'V-GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Unlikely Diplomats/Ps'V- GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good/Ps'V GoodShip Diplomacy. Referee - People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Oz League: The Ardent Lord w/People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Ps'V = The Players' Vault Forum Group In Which I'm The Owner Of.

ff6shadow wrote:

So, the PLay-By-Post Haven is now saying that it has "No group forum container", what ever the hell that means. I was trying to clear all the sub-forums and excess posts out of it when this occured, Now I can find no way to create any forum or post within the group. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The threads within still seem to exist (I can find links to them in my profile) but the forum itszelf has vanished.

I wish to add my voice to this problem.  I was hoping to restart my PbPs after the purge, but unless ff can be given access to create groups I can do nothing.

You have the free will to agree or disagree.
You have the ability to act freely on the above choice regardless of the consequences.

Group Wikis don't work at all.  Incomplete summary of oddities:

- Wiki pages show as blog posts (or forum threads) with summaries and "read full article links" which is not what a wiki should do

- Intra-wiki links are all broken

- Most group  wiki pages seem to have reverted to old versions, since all versions have the same DTS (date-Time stamp) the system doesn't seem to be able to sort which was actually the most recent when it changed over

- The compare function does let you compare, but doesn't seem to have a way to choose a different version to be the correct "current version"

- Layout is inefficient - why does the contributors section take up 1/3d screen width on the right, should be a small blurb under the page. Why does the left side have comtributor (or lest edit) information like a forum post?

- Why do pages have a signature?  Again, feel like it is being treated as a forum post or blog

- There doesn't seem to be a way to edit a page, on the page I see View / Discussion / Revisions but no edit

- Why is the wiki page name huge on top - most wiki pages (at least in the groups I manage) used a standardized naming convention for ease of linking but a more comprehensible display name - the page name for linking should not be the display name.

- Most of the formatting was lost.  Is this because the full suite of HTML and Wiki Code available before is not present now?

TL/DR: Wiki functions are largely unusable - everything about them screams "Blog Post / Forum Thread" with none of the functionality being set as a wiki should provide.

More feedback to come as I try to figure out if anything can be salvaged

V/R

Treamayne

Commander Wiki - Casual Format Wiki (once they work again - link pending update)

Treamayne wrote:

Group Wikis don't work at all.  Incomplete summary of oddities:

- Wiki pages show as blog posts (or forum threads) with summaries and "read full article links" which is not what a wiki should do

- Intra-wiki links are all broken

- Most group  wiki pages seem to have reverted to old versions, since all versions have the same DTS (date-Time stamp) the system doesn't seem to be able to sort which was actually the most recent when it changed over

- The compare function does let you compare, but doesn't seem to have a way to choose a different version to be the correct "current version"

- Layout is inefficient - why does the contributors section take up 1/3d screen width on the right, should be a small blurb under the page. Why does the left side have comtributor (or lest edit) information like a forum post?

- Why do pages have a signature?  Again, feel like it is being treated as a forum post or blog

- There doesn't seem to be a way to edit a page, on the page I see View / Discussion / Revisions but no edit

- Why is the wiki page name huge on top - most wiki pages (at least in the groups I manage) used a standardized naming convention for ease of linking but a more comprehensible display name - the page name for linking should not be the display name.

- Most of the formatting was lost.  Is this because the full suite of HTML and Wiki Code available before is not present now?

TL/DR: Wiki functions are largely unusable - everything about them screams "Blog Post / Forum Thread" with none of the functionality being set as a wiki should provide.

More feedback to come as I try to figure out if anything can be salvaged

See Updated Issues List thread, first post.  The wiki problem is listed as being investigated.

You have the ability to act freely on the above choice regardless of the consequences.

ff6shadow wrote:

I really hate to push this, but we need to give ff6shadow the ability to create groups here.  It's been a day and no word on if it's being worked on.

Magic Online Group (http://community.wizards.com/group/magic-online) doesn't have forums links ("No group forum container"). There have been issues with those earlier before community messup (mistakenly known as cleanup) where forums link led to old (abandoned ca 4 years ago) forums. Now the only way to access them is by following a browser's bookmark made before messup, or following link to the forum thread user created then and going back one level, or by magically knowing exact web address. This community is pure bullshit.

There is it. The exact same issue we're having.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:

When a group owner deletes a forum, it takes them to a page that says the forum is successfully deleted along with a message saying that the deleted forum cannot be found. On this page there is no way to navigate back to the group. Perhaps it would appropriate to add such a way other than having to use the browser's back button a bunch of times.

Also, is there a way for a group owner to move, sticky, or lock a thread in their group? If there is, please explain how to do so. If not, there should be. The ability to sticky a thread at least could be quite useful.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

I know that this was mentioned by another person, but my group (The Core Coliseum) is still unable to operate due to the afore-mentioned wiki problems.  It islisted as being investigated, but until we have some function (or at least the ability to search the wiki and revert the pages to the appropriate update) we are unable to to do anything.  It has been over 2 weeks now, and we really just need an update on the progress of fixinfg the problems.

Gemstone386 wrote:

Also, is there a way for a group owner to move, sticky, or lock a thread in their group? If there is, please explain how to do so. If not, there should be. The ability to sticky a thread at least could be quite useful.

Most of this you should be able to do by editing the original post. When you enter the editing mode, under the title there should be a forum section with a drop down menu, you can change this to any existing forum you have in your group and the thread will be shuffled there. To the right you'll have publishing options. If you click on that three options should pop up (published, featured, and sticky on top of posts). Clicking the last will get you the sticky obviously. As for locking threads, I haven't found a way to do that yet.

If, for some reason, you don't see these things when you edit an OP, check your permissions under the administer group tab on the forum home page. It should give you a list of what each type of poster (admin, mod, member, non-member) can do within your group. Some things aren't checked by default, like allowing members to edit their own created threads content, so you might have to tweak it a little bit.

This is a signature.

Hey folks,

Could the owners of the Terisia and the Play-by-Post groups please contact me via forum PM? I need to ask you some questions about your groups to better enable us to make some repairs to them.

Thanks!

Monica

Dear WotC, my group is broken! http://community.wizards.com/group/panama-d20

Specifically the wiki, I spent lot of time building lore and uploading custom made pics and now it's all gone, just a a stub, a paragraph of each entry is left and all my hard work has dissapear. http://community.wizards.com/group/panama-d20

All the galleries are empty or left with only a few pics:

http://community.wizards.com/group/panama-d20

All the images attached to the forum post are gone:

http://community.wizards.com/forums/107146

I am a member since 2006 and since 2009 I have manage this group for my country, and in 4 years I have been nurturing it and kept reasonable amount of traffic to it.

Please help me out, contact me, or something. But don't let all this work dissapear in thin air.

thanks.

I'm noticing an issue with the Real Adventures group.

When on the group's page the group's forum only displays the handbook subforum, instead of the group's full forums. As of right now the only way I can get to the game threads for our forum is by going through my post history or manually entering the forum number in the URL. I cannot find a way to fix this on the group's end.