Worm Harvest

58 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have played this a few times among friends. It has been doing pretty well and it is a blast to play. I'm not exactly sure how multiplayer friendly it is except for the recurring Damnations and Pernicious Deeds. I have a friend who is pretty loaded, so if you make any suggestions, he probably has the cards. I actually got the Goyfs, Fetches, and Duals(basically the all the expensive stuff) from him.

Creatures:11
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Kitchen Finks
3 Eternal Witness

Sorceries:16
4 Raven's Crime
3 Life from the Loam
4 Living Wish
1 Recollect
4 Damnation
2 Worm Harvest

Instants/Enchantments:6
1 Putrefy
3 Gifts Ungiven
2 Pernicious Deed

Lands:25
3 Bloodstained Mire
3 Windswept Heath
2 Barren Moor
2 Tranquil Thicket
3 Golgari Rot Farm
4 Tropical Island
4 Bayou
2 Underground Sea
1 Dakmor Salvage
1 Volrath's Stronghold

Wishboard

Eternal Witness
Faerie Macabre
Creakwood Liege-No idea why really.
Shreikmaw
Cloudthresher
Mycoloth
Puppeteer Clique
Body Double
Indrik Stomphowler
Wasteland
Dakmor Salvage
Winding Canyons
Boseiju, Who Shelters All
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Volrath's Stronghold
Sorry if this seems like a weird question but what exactly are you trying to do with your deck? My best guess would be filling your graveyard full of land cards through dredge/retrace while clearing the board with your sweepers. After everything is said and done, you spend 5 mana and get maybe 5-10 1/1 worms to try and beat face with.

In my opinion your deck isn't going to fare very well in the multiplayer realm as your card choices aren't suited for it. You do have two great multiplayer cards in the deck though and they are...
  • Pernicious Deed - one of if not the best multiplayer enchantment in the game. You pick what you want to kill and can do it at any time for relatively cheap.
  • Damnation - it is obvious as well for the reason it works well in multiplayer. You pay the normal price and it takes out even more creatures than in a normal 1v1 game.

That being said here are the cards that you need to look at.
  • Putrefy - I'm hesitant about putting this one on the list but for simplicities sake it only hits one target. Think about that when compared to spending the same mana to put Pernicious Deed into play.
  • Tarmogoyf - Great card in 1v1 but in multi he becomes a moderately sized vanilla creature that grabs your opponents' attention. In addition, if your playing sweepers he's going to be burnt toast without regeneration.
  • Raven's Crime - Absolutely pointless card in multiplayer as you picking people to attack you. If you really want people to discard then use something like Syphon Mind where you gain card advantage while also not selecting someone. On the contrary if you are looking for a way to discard lands pick a better one that doesn't get you killed.
  • Eternal Witness / Recollect - Great cards but seem rather pointless in your deck. Most of your cards are more powerful in the graveyard and the ones that aren't don't really need to come back alive.
  • Nonbasic Lands - god how I wish you were in my group as it would be so easy to sabotage you. Price of Progress could almost kill you or Blood Moon would give your B/U/G deck all R mana.

This will more than likely turn into a fun deck to play around compared to one that you would expect to win.
It's true that Pernicious Deed and Damnation are the only truely multiplayer cards I have but in case you hadn't noticed I can recur them with Eternal witness + Volrath's Stronghold. Recollect is just there for another Gifts target to guarantee that I end up with a sweeper in hand.

Raven's Crime is also admittedly weak in multiplayer, but is mainly for the Control players as the aggro players can't deal with recurring sweepers anyway, and with Loam, I can make them discard 3 cards a turn.

I'm also not sure if you noticed that I can Worm Harvest every turn. After sweepers...

Tarmogoyf is actually the weakest card in the deck, so I will probably remove it.

I have played this a few times since posting the list and I'm making tiny changes as I go. I'm still fairly pleased, but I will probably play 1-2 Syphon Mind. One more thing, when I say multiplayer, I mean like 4 people total, as I can't seem to get more than that together at the moment.

Thanks for the comments guys, and keep them coming.
Worm Harvest is a card that doesn't get play in 1v1 and it doesn't gain anything from being in multiplayer.

It was played in extended, in some LftL rock.

Although it gives you a lot of attention, Terravore works in the deck. You can wish for it if anything.
Regrowth is better than Recollect, other than that, it looks good.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

^ I can't believe I didn't think of Terravore! I don't really care about how much attention it attracts, because by the time I play it, it will be knocking someone out of the game. I will also add in Regrowth instead of Recollect--we couldn't find them at the time.
I have a somewhat similar deck that uses Armageddon and Crucible of Worlds. Don't know if it will work for you, but the Crucible is something to keep in mind as you make tweaks.
I don't really want to go for a Land destruction angle, because I need quite a bit of mana actually, and I might be hurting myself as much as I am the others. I have the ability to go for LD, but it's targeted(Wasteland+Loam every turn). This, again, is mainly for the control players that stand a threat to my plan.

Crucible of Worlds was a thought at first, but I really like LftL better, and it does just fine. I have had some thought about adding in Exploration though. If I add it in, I will probably add a Wasteland in the main, so that 2 Wastes a turn are possible. Thoughts on that?
Using cruicible makes both terravore and worm harvest worse as long as the lands stay in play, but if you're going to sac them, I see nothing wrong in it.

Yxoque wrote:

Yeah that too, but it's not like I'd play all my lands anyway. The idea for Exploration was to ramp up and/or double Wasteland and recur from there.
Fastbond > Exploration.

This is true, but I have restricted myself from the Vintage cardpool, simply because my multiplayer friends would look down upon it and I don't care for totally one-sided games. It is better, it just makes for a less fun game.

Thanks for the suggestion though, and keep them coming.
There was this deck in the std forums before rotations it used about 200+ cards and a traumatize and once you went off you gained about 100 and some odd life plus 40+ worms

You're first time you play people won;t know what just hit them
I've actually found Worm Harvest to be really good in multiplayer. (well, 2HG at least) It's a recurring threat that has some immunity to board sweepers. You might try Essence Warden or Dread Return (probably targeting a dredged eternal witness).
There was this deck in the std forums before rotations it used about 200+ cards and a traumatize and once you went off you gained about 100 and some odd life plus 40+ worms

You're first time you play people won;t know what just hit them

The deck is probably more fun than I give it credit for, but I don't find shuffling a 200 card deck fun. I think Loam is just a better way to get lands into the gy and the deck, as is, is very resistant to counterspells.
I've actually found Worm Harvest to be really good in multiplayer. (well, 2HG at least) It's a recurring threat that has some immunity to board sweepers. You might try Essence Warden or Dread Return (probably targeting a dredged eternal witness).

Essence Warden is traditionally in about every token deck I make( for multiplayer), but it seems weaker here because of my need for sweepers. Dread Return, on the other hand, seems like a very solid choice, but may require a bit of retooling of the deck, as it is pretty creature light right now.
but may require a bit of retooling of the deck, as it is pretty creature light right now.

It shouldn't be too creature light when you cast a Worm Harvest. You should have plenty of sac-able worms.
It shouldn't be too creature light when you cast a Worm Harvest. You should have plenty of sac-able worms.

Lol, I know that, but I don't have much to bring back. I guess it doesn't matter that much, as I would probably play it as a one-of anyway.
Bring back anything with a CiP ability. My personal favorites out of your wishboard would be the Mycoloth 1st & then devour the worms you have out, Cloudthresher, or Shriekmaw.
Completely different take for his almighty worminess:

Seeker of skybreak and mesmeric orb to mill yourself. Worm away.

Maybe some green land searching cards for retrace purposes.
I have a similar deck, but i use creakwood liege, Savra, Queen of the Golgari and Carrion Feeder to control the board a bit better.
So I'm thinking of doing a deck similar now that you've inspired me to make one, but mine is definitely a different take. I don't have some of the cards you've listed, but in my version I don't think I need them.

I'm thinking of using Pox as my board control and it fills up the opponents GYs with land for my use of Terravore.

I'm thinking of using Harrow as land accel + starting to get land into the yard, but I'm wondering if its redundent.

I'm also thinking of adding red for Seismic Assault. Coupled with LftL it could be a lethal direct dmg source.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. Once I actually start putting cards together I'll add more.
Mr. Harrow fills your graveyard and gets the lands you need.
I don't want to add blue to mine, but it might be a suggestion for the OP's deck.
It seems you build up land in your gy quite slowly and have a tension between wanting to draw cards and dredging lands to your gy. At least i don't see a loop that allows you to constantly recur your damnation/deed.. ? In fact i don't see a way to get anything back from your gy without having something in hand already so i assume you don't dredge all that often, right?

In that case i'd like to recommend trying Scapeshift to plop down the ultimate manabase and to make sure your worm harvest is going to yield a healthy amount of worms. If you truly want to go "infinite" with the recursion you should add Genesis.

Because i can't resist showing my own decks, this is my worm harvest deck that dredges 24/7 and is very light on control but surprisingly wins multiplayer quite often simply due to relentlessly putting 15+ tokens into play that can become lethal to everyone in game after dread returning some lieges ;).

Small note before the list: Raven's Crime Is good in multiplayer (in my deck at least) because you can force the blue player's hand the turn before you try to go "off". It works for me at least, though the 4-off in my deck is more a 1v1 thing and certainly not needed in multiplayer.

The list is very focused on it's theme but if i were to make this one really a multiplayer list i'd include said Genesis and Eternal witness myself to recurr damnation and deed which i sadly can't play in here as i would almost never have them in my hand.
Ah well, i admit i missed that volrath's stronghold to get witness back, but does this warrant such a hostile reaction? If it's so obvious i made a mistake, why burn me down like this? I haven't called you stupid as far as i can see. In case you feel i have, excuse me, i did not mean to.

I suppose this means you do dredge a lot so nvm the scapeshift, but genesis is still ok imho because it puts it in your hand instead of on top of your deck so you can both dredge and return a creature.
I'm not what you mean with the "living wish + gift's ungiven" pairing, how do these interact or how can you get those in hand apart from witness recursion?

Edit:
Hmm, Drahcir_Nagrom's post is deleted?
Redox what you are talking about is exactly what I'm putting together right now. Scapeshift I think is perfect. And I'll post my decklist once I get it all together, which will be very soon.
Wow I haven't been on for a while. Any how the worm harvest thing. Let me see what is that card ummmm Genesis w/ Dryad Arbor would be interesting for constant recur/retrace...

Another idea is having Oversold Cemetery since running black and have a few creatures like Sakura-Tribe Elder w/ your witness, and possible dryad arbor also always bringing back a terratrove or any other beatsticks.

Edit: Plus arbors could work well w/ scapeshift giving you a few extra chump blockers/attackers then when die just great recur/retrace use w/ gen/oversold.

Lots of good suggestions everyone has given
Ah well, i admit i missed that volrath's stronghold to get witness back, but does this warrant such a hostile reaction? If it's so obvious i made a mistake, why burn me down like this? I haven't called you stupid as far as i can see. In case you feel i have, excuse me, i did not mean to.

I suppose this means you do dredge a lot so nvm the scapeshift, but genesis is still ok imho because it puts it in your hand instead of on top of your deck so you can both dredge and return a creature.
I'm not what you mean with the "living wish + gift's ungiven" pairing, how do these interact or how can you get those in hand apart from witness recursion?

Edit:
Hmm, Drahcir_Nagrom's post is deleted?

I apologize for overacting. My post was deleted and I was banned for a day. Good times.
All fine then . Reading back my post it suppose it could seem a bit arrogant but it wasn't meant like that. The downside of written communication :/.

Anyway, what about genesis? Same cost but still allows you to dredge. If you want to run dread return (i love it in mine) i'd go for splashy creatures with insane citp effects or similar big effects when in play. In my case, the lieges and furystoke make nice targets tho the doomgape isn't bad either, big tramply creature which gives me life is nice some times.
I'm waiting on my cards to come in, but I'll go ahead and post some of my thoughts and cards I know I'm going to use.

LftL auto-include.
Worm Harvest Deck is based around it, again auto-include.
Eternal Witness I ordered some of these babies and am just waiting for em to come in.
Really thinking about using Harrow for land accel & to begin the land in the 'yard theme.
Overrun = wincon with about 4-8 worms in play.
Scapeshift I've been wanting to abuse this card since I opened it in a pack.
Genesis Mainly here to recur the witness and to recur my beater . . .
Terravore. He'll be a decent threat with all the land in my 'yard not to mention my use of Pox (to help slow others down & control the board) will make sure he's huge since others will have land in their yard as well.
Regrowth, Recollect, and Restock may all see play in my deck.
Raven's Crime I'm excited about using this gem.
Smallpox or Putrefy. I haven't decided yet between these two.

I'm also thinking of using some tutoring ala Beseech the Queen & Demonic Tutor to fetch some one ofs utility cards such as Krosan Grip.

Other ideas I'm thinking of squeezing in is using Savra for additional board control. Victimize for recurring my Terravores & Witnesses. Thinking of even dropping a Tangle or 2 in the deck. Who knows.

As far as some abusable lands go I'm thinking of running some Dakmor Salvage, Lotus Vale, Lake of the Dead, & Yawgmoth's Tomb.

Once all the cards get in I'll post my completed decklist. What do you guys think about it so far? More suggestions, ideas?
I don't think overrun is needed. I'd much rather have some sort of sweeper. Barter in Blood is decent, Damnation obviously rocks.

Yxoque wrote:

The overrun may not be needed, but I'm going to give it a test run. I thought about using Barter in Blood actually, especially since I can recur it. And yes agreed on the Damnation, I just use them in two other decks so I was trying to avoid using it.

*edit*

Oh, some afterthoughts as well. Would Wild Mongrel or Werebear have a home in this deck?

Also, I thought about adding red to this deck for Wildfire which would be awesome for the Terravore. Seismic Assault, again awesome with LftL. 6 direct dmg a turn isn't something to sneeze at. And lastly, Countryside Crusher. I got a playset with 2 foils when this guy came out and have been wanting to use him ever since.

*Note* I'm leaning towards not using the red, but wanted to get others thoughts and opinions.
Mods can delete this post. Sorry for double posting.
Here's my Loam deck from which you may get some ideas:

I'm using Gemhide Slivers because I don't own any Birds of Paradise. Wall of Roots and Werebear complete my creature mana acceleration suite. Wild Mongrel is my aggro discard outlet. Would like to replace with Terravores. Eternal Witness and Genesis for recursion. Indrik Stomphowler for artifact and enchantment destruction as well as for being a fatty. Countryside Crusher works great except he doesn't have evasion or trample so he gets chump-blocked all day long. The Swans are for the combo with Seismic Assault and Dakmor Salvages. The only way I have of playing the Swans are with the Gemhide Slivers which isn't very wise considering the two white or blue in the mana cost, but it's a possibility which would be fun to trip across in a game.

Life form the Loams are the main engine to the deck. Signet helps with mana acceleration. Seismic Assault works great with Loam. Boom//Bust should be Devastating Dreams, but my local card shop didn't have any last time I went. These are in there to destroy all lands which will hopefully stunt everyone else's growth while I continue to build thanks to my mana creatures and Loam. Putrefy and Sulfurous Blast are for removal. Scapeshift is great for getting the lands you want and thinning the deck at the same time. If the Crusher is out then it makes him huge. Unearth works great with all of the creatures except for Indrik, Genesis (which should stay in the graveyard anyway), and the Swans. Worm Harvest gets a bunch of tokens and keeps generating them using Life from the Loam. Zuran Orb is great for lifegain.

The cycling lands are great in this deck. The Shivan Oasis is in here because I don't own any Tiagas. Dakmor Salvage is great with everything else and is one of the main ingredients of the Swans Assault combo. Barbarian Ring is a recurrable shock, and Strip Mine is just mean.

I won't be playing this deck till my playgroup meets Sunday, but I figured I'd post it and get your reactions and feedback. From self-playtesting it here are some notes.

The Pox & Smallpox work beautifully, yet against me at the same time. I find myself having trouble getting 5 mana to even cast Worm Harvest. But alas, if I'm having trouble I'm assuming my opponents will too.

Dakmor Salvage don't even reccomend this card. The comes into play tapped clause hurts too badly with me Poxing myself.

The Terravore I believe will be the beating I figured he'd be. I can generally cast him easily after a Pox thus in my MP 5-7 player games he should be anywhere from a 8-14 power trampling beater.

I find that Scapeshift is only useful for tutoring out my single Lake of the Dead. It may be fully replaced with Harrow which is turning out to be crucial to help feed me lands in play. *NOTE* The Lake is simply a powerhouse mana producing machine in this deck. I may need to pick up a few more.

I've yet to draw my singular Overrun and it may not be needed.

So anyway, thoughts?
Things I have to critique: I don't know how I feel about Pox, simply because it is delaying your biggest win condition, but if you are having fun with it, and your opponents can't win through it, I guess it should stay.

You're not supposed to play Dakmor Salvage. It's there solely for dredge. Out of all the times I've played with the deck, I've had to play it as a land one time.

You need Volrath's Stronghold. It's that good, and it gets even better when you have sweepers. I'd probably play Damnation over Pox, so that you can get chains going more easily.

You didn't mention having any cycling lands. You should probably play some of those.

Overrun probably isn't needed. If you have lots of Worms out, you should probably win.

Things I love:Lake of the dead is insane in this deck. I would definitely get 1-2 more. Lotus vale is pretty good too.

Um, the rest of the deck.
Well I have some playtesting with this deck and here are some observations.

Things I have to critique: I don't know how I feel about Pox, simply because it is delaying your biggest win condition, but if you are having fun with it, and your opponents can't win through it, I guess it should stay.

Pox is a beast. It makes my Terravore into a killing machine. And with Lake of the Dead I can realiably cast Worm Harvest. Only problem is it draws massive heat from other players. I may need some Moment's Peace to keep the pressure off.

You're not supposed to play Dakmor Salvage. It's there solely for dredge. Out of all the times I've played with the deck, I've had to play it as a land one time.

I know & understand, it just seems I always have them and need to play them. But I'm building my manabase a little better now.

You need Volrath's Stronghold. It's that good, and it gets even better when you have sweepers. I'd probably play Damnation over Pox, so that you can get chains going more easily.

Wife got me a Stronghold for Christmas. :D Went straight into the deck. And if i can avoid I'm going to try and not use Damnation. Although I'm tempted everytime I break the deck apart to tweak it.

You didn't mention having any cycling lands. You should probably play some of those.

Recently ordered 4 each of the black and green ones.

Overrun probably isn't needed. If you have lots of Worms out, you should probably win.

Your right, it probably isn't needed. I just want to nail someone with it one time. :D

Things I love:Lake of the dead is insane in this deck. I would definitely get 1-2 more. Lotus vale is pretty good too.

Um, the rest of the deck.

Yes, the Lake is insane. I picked up a couple more and it makes life so much easier after Pox.

Some other observations. Dread Return is awesome in here. I use it to return either the Witness or my Terravore or my Woodfall Primus. I upped the count of the Return to 4.

The Woodfall Primus is also awesome and his mana cost is managable with either the Lake or simply Dread Returning him.

I've got a playset of Overgrown Tombs and Bayous now, and with the addition of all the Lakes of the Dead, Lotus Vales, and cycling lands my count of basic lands has dwindled to almost nothing, so the Harrow is probably going to come out. Which means I'm loving Scapeshift even more now.

I'll be updating my decklist shortly as well.
Maybe Crop Rotation is a suitable candidate to replace harrow with. Instant is nice as well.

In the harvest deck i posted before, Dread Return is one of the best cards in the deck. Making 10+ worms one turn, then making 10+ the next turn and saccing some lieges into play to wipe everyone out has happened quite often for me. You just have to make sure you don't try this when someone who can ruin your day is able to stop you. This is where raven's crime comes in to force their hand.

Btw Nevik, do you really only play 22 land? How much land in play do you usually aim for?

I recently obtained some fetchlands and more shocklands so i updated my deck as well, just a shame i can't get any strongholds atm. I kinda like genesis better but the problem is that it's more vulnerable than a land in play and unless i start playing living wish i can't get him back when it gets removed. Now i have those lands and drahcir's inclusion of gifts ungiven i have a nice reason to splash blue, which i was looking for a while now. Initially i wanted it for carddraw (read dredge) but i think gifts will serve me better.

I like the lake of the dead idea as well and with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth everything is a swamp anyway. I'm not completely sold on lotus vale but i suppose you mainly use it to have 3 mana in 1 land (and 2 land in gy)? I'm going to try 2 lakes and 1 vale (don't have more anyway ^^).
I was looking into things like Sakura-Tribe Elder for mana acceleration (which i sorely lacked in the original incarnation) but it's not that great and i wouldn't know what to cut for a new 4-off. Ideally i'd play Exploration or the like but i don't have any nor can i get them easily . Lake should do well tho, especially with filter lands (of which i sadly only have 1).

I'm sure Terravore draws aggro like a nutter after pox but i wouldn't play him that soon anyway, why paint a bullseye on your head till you can back him up? Considering the cardpool you use i'm sure that even after a pox your meta game can and will deal with him/you.
Usually something like pernicious deed works for backup but you only play (small)pox. I can see why you don't want to put damnation in every deck but especially when i played my own control-light version i noticed that you just want to be able to unconditionally destroy stuff when you need to. Worst case scenario is that you destroy everything but you can get it all back anyway.

Here is my updated list:

I'm usually quite a sucker for board sweepers but i only have 2 deeds and use a singleton putrefy instead of the 4th damnation as a gift target as well as being instant removal.
I cut down to 2 worm harvest because between dredge and gifts, i'm sure to get one when i need it. I also kept 1 stinkweed imp because it's a great blocker and dredger together with 1 raven's crime, in general playing all those 1-offs that can be either in gy or hand is made possible by gifts.

Even though i loved the furystoke giant as well, i only saw the deck win with him once and that was purely because the one who played the deck at the time elected to shoot the last player instead of attacking with 17 7/7 worms. I envisioned the giant as an alternative win when i somehow couldn't attack but that never happened and even when there's something like Propaganda out i can still win with a few big worms.
So instead of the giant i put in the hellkite overlord, Flying Trample Haste 8/8 is usually a good enough reason to play as a reanimation target but this one has synergy with the deck as well, not only does it have : Regenerate which the deck can generate but due to being both black and green, it gets full bonus from a liege . Besides that it's not even legendary so spitting image has found yet another juicy target. Ha, with the lotus vale i can even hard-cast and pump him.

@karnblack
Do you really need 11 2-mana accelerators? You could consider replacing the slivers with Nimble Mongoose if you want to go more aggro and simply add lands that fix your mana better. I really wouldn't even play a card like swans with only 4 sources for the double off-colour cost, especially not creature mana sources. You could add something like the shivan oasis which includes blue but it's probably better to find some filter lands from shadowmoor/eventide. The same counts for black, imho, as your putrefy relies on the slivers as well because you never want to play the dakmor salvages. Due to dredge + ltfm and scapeshift you don't need to add that many of those lands either.

Zuran orb sure is a nice way to gain life (which reminds me i have one, a german version and no clue as to how i got it :o) and strip mine is outright mean indeed. I have a strip mine and i have never played it in a deck, if i faced decks with a load of annoying lands i would consider it but if there's something i dislike in magic, it's repeated (one sided) land destruction :P.

Edit:

On second thought, even tho woodfall primus is a good card to deal with any non-creature permanent, i have none available (got 2 in an ooze garden deck) and i found an interesting shards of alara card in my binder: Kederekt Leviathan. Sure it doesn't solve anything permanently (apart from tokens) but it's an interesting board reset which doesn't harm me that much. It also gets around indestructable and regenerate.
Maybe Crop Rotation is a suitable candidate to replace harrow with. Instant is nice as well.

I thought about that, but isn't it restricted?

In the harvest deck i posted before, Dread Return is one of the best cards in the deck. Making 10+ worms one turn, then making 10+ the next turn and saccing some lieges into play to wipe everyone out has happened quite often for me. You just have to make sure you don't try this when someone who can ruin your day is able to stop you. This is where raven's crime comes in to force their hand.

I have a playset of lieges and have been serious thinking of adding them to this deck.

Btw Nevik, do you really only play 22 land? How much land in play do you usually aim for?

I generally run 24 land in my decks. And this one is no different. I'll post my decklist soon.

I recently obtained some fetchlands and more shocklands so i updated my deck as well, just a shame i can't get any strongholds atm. I kinda like genesis better but the problem is that it's more vulnerable than a land in play and unless i start playing living wish i can't get him back when it gets removed.

I run a singleton copy of each the genesis and the stronghold. With the 2 Scapeshifts, I can fetch my stronghold easier.

Now i have those lands and drahcir's inclusion of gifts ungiven i have a nice reason to splash blue, which i was looking for a while now. Initially i wanted it for carddraw (read dredge) but i think gifts will serve me better.

I would love to get some Gifts, just don't have any atm.

I like the lake of the dead idea as well and with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth everything is a swamp anyway.

I have to say I'm loving it as well.

I'm not completely sold on lotus vale but i suppose you mainly use it to have 3 mana in 1 land (and 2 land in gy)? I'm going to try 2 lakes and 1 vale (don't have more anyway ^^).

I need to post my decklist, but I only use one vale, but 3 lakes.

I was looking into things like Sakura-Tribe Elder for mana acceleration (which i sorely lacked in the original incarnation) but it's not that great and i wouldn't know what to cut for a new 4-off. Ideally i'd play Exploration or the like but i don't have any nor can i get them easily . Lake should do well tho, especially with filter lands (of which i sadly only have 1).

I run one fastbond and I've recently added 2 Azusa, Lost but Seeking to the deck to see how that works.

I'm sure Terravore draws aggro like a nutter after pox but i wouldn't play him that soon anyway, why paint a bullseye on your head till you can back him up? Considering the cardpool you use i'm sure that even after a pox your meta game can and will deal with him/you.

Very true, but at least I can generally recur him.

Usually something like pernicious deed works for backup but you only play (small)pox. I can see why you don't want to put damnation in every deck but especially when i played my own control-light version i noticed that you just want to be able to unconditionally destroy stuff when you need to. Worst case scenario is that you destroy everything but you can get it all back anyway.

Agreed. And after playing the deck a few times this weekend, I think I'm going to have to break down and add damnation. Pox just draws way too much heat and I can't fend everyone off without some sort of sweeper.
What about playing Dredge?

Obviously, you wouldn't be playing with Bridge from Below and mormal dredge cards, but the mechanic is nice for getting cards in the grave.

Well, at least it worked in my harvestdredge deck.
Arrakis... desert planet.
We do ;). The version i posted on the first page is actually supposed to never draw a card again after turn 1-2 but it lacks almost every sort of control. The last version i posted and everyon else's does dredge a lot but not quite as much, every deck has Life from the Loam at least but i also include a singleton Stinkweed Imp and some Darkblasts.

btw, i did see your list in the casual forum, iirc you ran 4 stripmine, do you have a deathwish?

@nevik

crop rotation is perfectly legal in legacy , the only vintage-only card i see in your list is fastbond, maybe you can go for manabond instead if you just mean to use it as early mana accel, at least it won't kill you. Otherwise maybe exploration? I sure wish i had that one.
I can see how fastbond is insane in the deck for building up mana quickly (if you get it in your opening 7 that is) or replaying land sacced to the lake and returned with lftl, but how do you offset its lifeloss (not to mention pox)? I got doomgape for the dmg i take from my lands, besides being a big trampler of course .

Azusa is ok i suppose but especially in my group the "dies to removal" argument is rather true and a 1/2 green creature more or less dies to everything. On the other hand you can at least directly return her to hand with genesis without witness detours. It's really sad that those creakwood lieges are wimpy 2/2's, i'd have paid 5 for 3/3 at least, fortunately they do pump each other when in multiples and they're black.

I count 38 non-land cards in your list, unless you run more than 60 cards you're not playing 24 land :P.

As for your terravore, i know you can recur him but you can't recur yourself and pox sure won't make you very loved, as you already noticed ;).

I've thought about scapeshift a lot, even in the previous version i ran, but dredge, the fetchlands and gifts ungiven make it obsolete for me.