Wrath of God / Armageddon deck (G/W)

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
The following is a deck I originally made based on the popular "Ernhamgeddon" tournament decks back in the day. It gradually evolved into more of a multiplayer G/W control deck focused on Wrath of God, but I have been having problems with it recently.

Armageddon has become much less useful because everyone else now tends to horde lands in their hands, not to mention the fact that I need mana to cast some of my bigger creatures too, so I went down to just 2 of them. The creature-lands have really been all-stars in the deck because they survive my Wraths and are uncounterable. Basically I'm looking for any suggestions at all that would improve the deck for multiplayer. Thanks!

CREATURES (14)
3x Wall of Roots
3x Argothian Wurm
1x Multani, Maro-Sorceror
1x Magus of the Tabernacle
4x Serra Angel
2x Twilight Shepherd

SPELLS (24)
2x Armageddon
4x Wrath of God
1x Catastrophe
4x Swords to Plowshares
1x Faith’s Fetters
2x Crib Swap

1x Resurrection
2x Naturalize
1x Fracturing Gust
1x Garruk Wildspeaker

4x Selesnya Signet
1x Talisman of Unity

LAND (22)
4x Forest
4x Treetop Village
5x Plains
3x Forbidding Watchtower
1x Karakas
3x Brushland
2x Selesnya Sanctuary
imo: [C]Mystic Enforcer[/c]
Great suggestion, Skyshroud. Mystic Enforcer is fairly cheap to play but I can easily achieve threshold through all the mass desruction in the deck, so he will grow quite large. Not sure where I can fit him in though, maybe take out a few other creatures... hate to lose the Argothian Wurms though because theyre so cheap, and work well with the Armageddons.
Small improvement: Exalted Angel
Yeah, Exalted Angel would be another good white flyer for the deck. I was actually considering making the deck mono-white... green is only in there for a few select creatures and Garruk, but I'm not sure. I'd also like to replace Wall of Roots with something that produces both green and white, but it's nice as some early defense & works well with the Wraths (it gets smaller anyway so it doesn't matter if it dies).
Your deck sounds cool....I have a mono-white deck that plays with circle of protection from artifacts, with the dingus egg, and armageddon combo. Might be too many cards to add, but it is a game ending combo. I even have a few ahnk of mishras in case ..armageddon doesnt finish the job.
That sounds like a pretty fun deck idea, although might be too many cards to add to this deck. Zuran Orb, a card I used to have in here as a one-of, might work well in your deck as a CoP you don't have to pay for. Just Armageddon with a Dingus Egg out, and sac all your lands to the Orb in response to make up for the life you lose.
Nantuko Monastery is an excellent manland and it is in your colors. I'd replace the forbidding watchtowers with it.
Yeah, Nantuko Monastery would be a great fit for this deck. It's alot bigger than the Watchtowers and even the Treetops, and I don't think threshold should be too big of a problem. The only concern I have is that they produce colorless, and I'm already having some trouble getting enough white mana (the majority of the deck), esp. for cards like Twilight Shepherd (WWW).
Armageddon makes Terravore huge :P

Crucible of Worlds might work too

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Terravore would make a good finisher, and it would help give me a reason to keep green in the deck. I would probably add back in 1 or 2 'geddons though to make it more worthwhile.
It seems like your curve has become too high to play armageddon effectively. You can pull it down and still have the biggest creature on the board (terravore is brilliant).

Suggestion: drop geddons and wraths for cataclysm. With stp as backup, you make sure that you have the biggest (or only) creature on the board. All the better if that's terravore or exalted angel.

In my geddon deck (dubbed "armadillo geddon" for its reliance on armadillo cloak), I use a full set of flagstones of trokair to fetch a dual when I geddon. Also horizon canopy makes it easier to play a slightly high amount of land (I'm at 24 -plus sol ring and land tax, even though my curve ends at 4).

EDIT: I forgot this was multiplayer. Sorry about that. Now the higher curve is more understandable. If you play cataclysm in MP, your lone creature has to be really hard to get rid of (terravore and chameleon colossus with steely resolve set to "lhurgoyf" could be fun), and you could rely on enchantments (ghostly prison) or artifacts (ensnaring bridge) for defense.
Worm Harvest would be awesome after a cataclysm. :D But then we're just getting crazy!
Yeah, I think if you're going to run 4 geddons, you need to speed up your mana curve. Having a bunch of 5 and 6 drops doesn't help you if you're nuking all land on turn 4. And if you're going to wait until turn 6-7 to geddon, you're negating much of the advantage you could have gained from it (your opponents will have already played out most of their big threats too). Plus, the longer you wait before casting it, the more likely someone will be able to counter it.

Definitely run tarmogoyf if you have any, and terravore. Kitchen finks, watchwolf, serra avenger are some good efficient creatures that are strong and easy to play either before geddon, or while you're low on land recovering from it. I'd run some elves and birds instead of the artifact mana, but that's me. I'd rather my fastest hand be to play my mana accelerant turn 1, play a vore turn 2 and geddon turn 3, instead of playing nothing turn 1, a signet turn 2, then geddon (not that you would geddon with no guys in play, just pointing out that with your current line of creatures you couldn't pull off a profitable turn 3 geddon).

I really don't like creature enchantments, but if you run enough WG guys, shield of the oversoul lets them survive wrath. And you'll want some sort of enchantment if you go for cataclysm, anyway. Ignore my suggestion about elves/birds over signets if you do.

Argothian wurm just seems really bad. If people know you run a set of geddons, they have no reason to let you have a 6/6 before their lands disappear anyway. And with multiple opponents, the odds that someone is willing to sacrifice one to give you a reverse time walk is increased.

Also, condemn over crib swap. Fetchlands like windswept heath will make your vores and goyfs bigger, and if you're upping your geddon count, you probably want to drop your manlands.

Just some thoughts...I like this deck. Reminds me of the old maro geddons that used to be good in tournaments, and only incidentally good in multiplayer.
Armageddon has become much less useful because everyone else now tends to horde lands in their hands, not to mention the fact that I need mana to cast some of my bigger creatures too, so I went down to just 2 of them. The creature-lands have really been all-stars in the deck because they survive my Wraths and are uncounterable. Basically I'm looking for any suggestions at all that would improve the deck for multiplayer. Thanks!

CREATURES (14)
3x Wall of Roots
3x Argothian Wurm
1x Multani, Maro-Sorceror
1x Magus of the Tabernacle
4x Serra Angel
2x Twilight Shepherd

SPELLS (24)
2x Armageddon
4x Wrath of God
1x Catastrophe
4x Swords to Plowshares
1x Faith’s Fetters
2x Crib Swap

1x Resurrection
2x Naturalize
1x Fracturing Gust
1x Garruk Wildspeaker

4x Selesnya Signet
1x Talisman of Unity

LAND (22)
4x Forest
4x Treetop Village
5x Plains
3x Forbidding Watchtower
1x Karakas
3x Brushland
2x Selesnya Sanctuary

Add in some mana excel in place of the signets...Perhaps Kodama's Reach? Then ditch the wurms, the talisman, 1 shepard, 2 plowshares and 2 angels. Add in 4x each Ornithopter and Biorhythm. Maybe a couple Avoid Fate.
Add in some mana excel in place of the signets...Perhaps Kodama's Reach? Then ditch the wurms, the talisman, 1 shepard, 2 plowshares and 2 angels. Add in 4x each Ornithopter and Biorhythm. Maybe a couple Avoid Fate.

What?