Card stock: Cards that shine in MP play.

100 posts / 0 new
Last post
Let me suggest a great MP card to everyone out there...

Spectral Searchlight

I don't know how many times this card has subtlely influenced others to do my work for me for the bargain basement cost of 1 mana of their choice.

It's also the gift that keeps on giving against those Worship decks, if you time it right.

Of course it can also accelerate and color fix for you or your teammates.
Both Soul Warden and Essence Warden are simply nuts... Congregate also falls in the category of insane life gain.
I'm loving Gravepact. My monoblack Gravewalker deck can even hold its own in both multiplayer and duels.
My Trade Thread Control capabilities are in all the colors. The difference is in the way they say no.
If you want to be a prick, go with MBC. Drawing 8 cards and gaining 8 life each turn FTW!
Then everyone gangs up on you and just kills you.
www.kherkeep.com Seriously-it's good ****. Everyone cool is here.
In really big games, I am particularly fond of sun droplet. In multiples, it nets you more life than you take in damage and is a card that is often overlooked.
Traproot Kami. I hate these little guys with a passion. They don't do anything shocking, but they sit there from turn one getting bigger and bigger, and protect against flying and trample. And they're really not nice to use a removal spell on.
i'd have to go with Bribery for this one. it allows you to see your opponents deck, can save your butt in a bind, and pisses off your opponent by taking his/her best card.
In really big games, I am particularly fond of sun droplet. In multiples, it nets you more life than you take in damage and is a card that is often overlooked.

how?

edit: oh lol. in multiples.... just saw it...
my new deck: Bears with Weapons
Absolutely agree with Sun Droplet. Brilliant in multiplayer.

Some cards that I've seen turn much more broken in multiplayer:
Verdant Force
Kokusho, The Evening Star
Syphon Soul
Priest of Titania
Balance
Wheel of Torture
Squallmonger

And special props for what is quite possibly the most bizarre and funny card I have ever seen hit a table in MP - Takklemaggot. Some of the choices it presents people in such a game is just hilarious. It has a way of bringing out the politics, often with laughable results. Go get a playset. Now. :D
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Though I agree sun droplet is a beautiful pigeon card, in my experience playing several of them seems to make me enemy #1. Use it with some form of defense.

ink-treader nephilim, my new deck with these guys is very entertaining in multiplayer.
I must say seedborn muse is pretty gnarly in multiplayer

pernicious deed makes me smile

wall of hope is not quite as fun as a sun droplet, but it is a fantastic way of deterring early weenie damage
Traproot Kami. I hate these little guys with a passion. They don't do anything shocking, but they sit there from turn one getting bigger and bigger, and protect against flying and trample. And they're really not nice to use a removal spell on.

QFT. my playgroup seems to love the green, there's usually two or three of these guys on the table after the first round in most games, and they never dissapoint.

also molten disaster. split second earthquake is just ridiculous. clear the board with no responses, knock people out of the game with no reprocussions, play kingmaker if you're gonna die without just getting offed in response. it's gold.
This is the happy swamp. Love it. I am red/blue, I think logically and act impulsively.
It's also the gift that keeps on giving against those Worship decks, if you time it right.

I don't understand?
Dread and Pox on so many levels.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
Nullmage Shepherd can be a gamewrecker.
I don't understand?

Worship
Spectral Searchlight

Worhip stops damage, not loss of life.
Mana burn causes loss of life.
Spectral Searchlight can lead to mana burn if you give an opponent mana when they can't use it.
Hence Spectral Searchlight can potentially hose Worship, Fortune Thief, and similar effects.
I've seen Seizan, Perverter of Truth finish off many control players who had stabilized at low life. It's just flat out good at ending stalemates.
Phyrexian Tyranny especially in conjunction with Howling Mine or Forced Fruition
Im mainly a red/black kind of guy, in my games Anthem of Rakdos has been a very nasty turn 5 or 6 win. Especially if you use Skullmead Cauldron to gain back some of the lost life. And Plague wind Speaks for itself, I mainly use that one in my vampire deck after I pull out [c]Magus of the Coffers and Skeletal Vampire.
How about Willbender? Admittedly you have to work to get the most out of him (he's not someone you can just drop into any deck and have him be amazing, although at worst he's still pretty good), but people are terrified of him. Obviously, he's at his best in a morph deck. When any morph could be a willbender, people are scared to kill them. And if they do, at least one morph is usually a willbender anyway.

So yeah. Redirection is a good effect, and Willbender is great at it if you can just bounce him or somesuch.
Mother of Runes

Not many 1 drops say "go after someone else" as efficiently.
Aegis of Honor can wreck entire strategies.
I'm surprised no one has said Insurrection yet.
Though I agree sun droplet is a beautiful pigeon card, in my experience playing several of them seems to make me enemy #1. Use it with some form of defense.

ink-treader nephilim, my new deck with these guys is very entertaining in multiplayer.

Ink-treader nephilim + natural affinity + pongify is one of my absolute favorite decks. It's hilarious when it resolves.
I've been having lots of fun with confusion in the ranks.
Here's a list of cards I've had perform quite well in our MP games:

Plague Spitter
Tortured Existence
Souls of the Faultless
Adarkar Valkyrie
Leechridden Swamp
Spirit Loop and the like.
Royal Assasin

And mean stuff I've been on the recieving end of:
Brightflame! Odds are, in a 6 player multiplayer game, that a lot of creatures share some colors - hehe.
Control Magic
Counterbalance
Auriok Champion cause she aint killed as easily as her 1 mana friends and so often is unblockable against an enemy.

Wing Shards "Attacking me will cost you, attack him instead"

Glory Protects your units once dead

Austere Command All multiplayer decks should have some creature, enchantment and artifact destruction if possible cause it is very annoying if one permanent disables your entire game plan. This one card does it all. (since it came out, 4 out of 5 players of my playgroup play them in their white decks, number 5 simply hasn't got a deck with white in it;) )
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)
confusion in the ranks, endless whispers, crumbling sanctuary: those are wall very interesting card in multi-player.
I am mostly a casual/multiplayer type of guy. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I'll agree that Congregate usually gains ridiculous amounts of life in my multiplayer experience. On the flip side, mass destruction of some kind is always a plus, I like to pack Wrath of God, Armageddon or Jokulhaups for that purpose. Artifact/enchantment removal also seems to be alot more useful in MP, whether it's basic Naturalizes or the new Fracturing Gust seems like it would be great.
Stuffy Doll can be very funny, and Pandemonium makes for good fun.

Wall of Glare + Heart Of Light. How I loved playing that.

Also, something like Hold the Line can make a complete mess.
From recent games.

Midnight Banshee and Kulrath Knight can rule a table.

Austere Command is so damned good.
Inundate looks like a hoot for monoblue decks.
Numot, the Devastator cheat this guy out turn 2, turn 3 someone took a hit and someone loses all the lands they have.

I like Vorosh because a gigantic 18/18 flier that will get bigger if it hits is funny.

Time Stretch + Izzet Chronarch add bounce spells for added fun.

Face it, you're pretty much here as a meat shield.

If you are at Georgian Court Univeristy or Monmouth Univeristy PM me. If you are out by York College of PA, I can help you reach the group there.

A few Palliation Accords really builds up a good defense. You get a massive amount of shield counters with so many creatures.

It makes you a target, but it's a life saver when players are preoccupied with another threat. Even if everyone attacks you, you can survive for quite a while if you have more than one out.

Throw in a Thoughtweft Gambit and you got yourself a ton more counters.

On the other hand, I don't think the people I play with have many enchantment removals...
My Decks: Head in the Clouds Zombie Lightning Still need to post the rest!
My group plays a lot of split to teams games. In those, spurnmage advocate is almost as insane as mother of runes. Anything that has a drawback in single player vs. multiplayer, like land tax, weathered wayfarer, any of the pulses, are all very good.
blowfly infestation and everlasting torment

both can wipe a field with ease if played right and my play group has now limited me to 2 blowflys ;P