EDH (Wort, the Raid Mother)

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Basically, the deck is set up to accelerate out enough mana to start playing, conspiring, and replaying spells. The goals of the deck are:

1. Accelerate mana to play Wort, the Raidmother.
2. Make enough creatures to conspire spells.
3. Play big spells and conspire them for card advantage.
4. Use your library as a resource to grab key spells and play them again.

I would love to hear any suggestions you all might have. This is my first EDH deck.
I <3 Wort. The best spells with conspire IMO are Natural Order, Goblin Grenade, and big daddy Nostalgic Dreams. After that, flashback spells like Ancient Grudge are amazing because they can be Conspired both coming and going. I got to Conspire an obscene Firestorm for 6 with Conspire, which was the powerful spell I think I've ever cast.

My r/g Wort EDH deck:
http://edh.truespace.ca/EDH_Forum/viewtopic.php?t=405
Kenneth Nagle Game Designer Wizards of the Coast
I like the Nostalgic Dreams suggestion. I already have several Regrowth-like effects in the deck, because I'm a sucker for re-using things. That is also part of the reason why I cut Ancient Grudge from the deck in favor of other artifact removal that is more versatile.
i must say din of the fireherd is pretty crazy with wort

with just wort out, 2 5/5 tokens and one player of your choice sacs 3 creatures and 9 lands

(1's din counts the token, wort and her 2 goblins for 4 lands and 1 creature, then 2nd din counts 2 tokens for 2 creatures and the additional wort and friends for 5 lands)

or you can split it up between 2 players

either way it's pretty nuts

...or you could just double a flame wave. That's a pretty swingy move.
Excellent deck. Wort is powerful and this deck takes full advantage.
i must say din of the fireherd is pretty crazy with wort

with just wort out, 2 5/5 tokens and one player of your choice sacs 3 creatures and 9 lands

(1's din counts the token, wort and her 2 goblins for 4 lands and 1 creature, then 2nd din counts 2 tokens for 2 creatures and the additional wort and friends for 5 lands)

or you can split it up between 2 players

either way it's pretty nuts

...or you could just double a flame wave. That's a pretty swingy move.

Din of the Fireherd doesn't work in the deck, because it sports a color not included in Wort's mana cost. This is one of the rules of EDH. Otherwise it would definitely be in.

As for flame wave, ya its effect is awesome, but our EDH games tend to be light in the creature department.
Excellent deck. Wort is powerful and this deck takes full advantage.

Ya, one of my favorite is to play Reversal of Fortune conspired with Wort, the Raidmother and a Painter's Servant (set to green) in play. You can then conspire the instants or sorceries you choose with the Reversal of Fortune, netting you a nice 4 for 1. This also allows you to conspire cards not normally allowed in the deck. Imagine hitting someone with a double Reversal of Fortune, choosing Blatant Thievery twice, and conspiring each thievery. Swingy much? For extra fun you could even Reiterate the Reversal...and then conspire it. As you can see, it can get silly in a real hurry.
this weekends funniest play: ahem, not to brag at all, but I just conspired my first violent ultimatum in standard via wort; my dear friend victor must've wondered if i was cheating... he lost his three goblins and half his land...
good game....hahaha

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

i'm confused as to why all those 1 ofs make this a good deck...
heck if i can get an answer to that question i might know which direction to take my goblin raid(mother) deck
i'm confused as to why all those 1 ofs make this a good deck...
heck if i can get an answer to that question i might know which direction to take my goblin raid(mother) deck

This is an EDH deck, albeit in the wrong section.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

This is an EDH deck, albeit in the wrong section.

ah, EDH as in "highlander"?
yes i know stupid question, sue me, i want the raidmother to work casually:P
ah, EDH as in "highlander"?
yes i know stupid question, sue me, i want the raidmother to work casually:P

Highlander of the Elder Dragon variety.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/