New forum is up and running

81 posts / 0 new
Last post

We have our new sub-forum for all who are interested.

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Sweet! I'm totally there.

I’ve removed content from this thread because trolling is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: http://www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_company_about_codeofconduct

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

"Lolth be praised; all victory is her doing."

Hey devil i registered but i don't see any confirmation email in my hotmail, i tried to resend but nothing happens and BTW can you ban Mjack from your forums :P

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Did you register using your username you have here. Let me know and I'll contact a mod and get you activated. Seems a few people have had this issue.

And I must say that after being on there this morning and now coming here really points out how clunky and slow this forum is now.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

thedevilwuster wrote:

Did you register using your username you have here. Let me know and I'll contact a mod and get you activated. Seems a few people have had this issue.

And I must say that after being on there this morning and now coming here really points out how clunky and slow this forum is now.

No, i'm N00bGoblinIsN00b lol i think that nick suits that forum better

I'll pass that along

Show

Can you explain the forum like who runs it and stuff?

Eye kneed teh speelchequer bach!

My understanding is, it was created by some people from the other parts of this forum, after the forum changes. 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

The mobile friendliness along with the speed and functionality of the new place is great.

Show

My post got deleted because I said "so is mjack" LULZFACTORY

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Has Mr P said whether we can use his deck editor on the other forum yet? I would ask him myself but I have no idea who he is

Jowyatriedes wrote:

Has Mr P said whether we can use his deck editor on the other forum yet? I would ask him myself but I have no idea who he is

How mysterious!

Wizards: We're huge fans of George Orwell.

Haven't heard from MisterP yet. He may not even know he has a privite message with the way it works around here now.

Welder said his tool should be able to be altered with out TOO much work for use at the forum and Welder would work with him on it personally.

Noob, sorry just got your request for activation off to the right person. Used the wrong admin earlier.

Show

thedevilwuster wrote:

Haven't heard from MisterP yet. He may not even know he has a privite message with the way it works around here now.

Welder said his tool should be able to be altered with out TOO much work for use at the forum and Welder would work with him on it personally.

Noob, sorry just got your request for activation off to the right person. Used the wrong admin earlier.

Hey thanks! i just logged

I'm there now, but I just found out that forum is blocked here at work so... bleh.

You think that is inconvenient?  Shoudn't you ...work?  That seems like something completely valid to block, although their filters seem screwed up.  Screams of incompetence.

At my old high school, they blocked wikipedia due to pictures on it, but they left google images unblocked.  The result was all the teachers were upset, while the students..........

Twas funny.

2 + 2 = fish

Their filters are keyword based, so some sites get blocked as "Social networks" while others don't. Facebook is not blocked, probably cause the higher ups want to be able to check their FB too. Also, I'm only here when I don't have other stuff to do at work.

ShidoshiWins wrote:

Their filters are keyword based, so some sites get blocked as "Social networks" while others don't. Facebook is not blocked, probably cause the higher ups want to be able to check their FB too. Also, I'm only here when I don't have other stuff to do at work.

I can commiserate with you then.  But seriously, FACEBOOK?  Really?  What keywords are they using?

2 + 2 = fish

Just one more plug for the new place...it's almost like this forum used to be, where, you can see who's logged in, see how many times a thread has been viewed...it actually looks good without having to edit the css...

Oh, and the mods are friendly and helpful....really, the only think that's not there is offical information...but, it's not like we get that much anyway...and, I expect it will be cross posted very quickly...

So...give it a shot!

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

I tried to sign up, but haven't got an activation email.. Does anyone have the mailadress of one of the admins? I can't seem to contact them since I can't login... -.-

From their metaboard:

Note: We are having technical issues related to registration emails not being sent. If this happens to you please send an email to GobO_Fire (fire at nogoblinsallowed dot com). Please send it from the email account you used to register and include your screen name.

Based on what I've seen - pop him an email, and you should be set later today...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Dragon_puncher wrote:

I tried to sign up, but haven't got an activation email.. Does anyone have the mailadress of one of the admins? I can't seem to contact them since I can't login... -.-

I'll send Fire a pm.

What will be your username there?

Show

Yeah saw that too, but was unsure what the email was.. fire@nogoblinsallowed.com?

@devilwuster. Thx Just Dragon_puncher like here.

Dragon_puncher wrote:

Yeah saw that too, but was unsure what the email was.. fire@nogoblinsallowed.com?

@devilwuster. Thx Just Dragon_puncher like here.

Message sent.

Show

Dragon, your account is active.

Welcome!

Show

I created an account too, but no activation code for me also.

I will stick in the old forum a little more. See if it improves...

And be in 2 forums at the same time, it is too much for me...

So I'll only move when

Wizards support hasn't responded to any of my e-mails since Friday because not all my answers to my security questions (established nine years ago) match up to what they have on file - I've moved four times since then and three of the places I've lived in had multiple postal codes and I can't remember exactly which one I used to have. Nevermind that my name can be Googled and leads to articles with that e-mail address in them. I think it's time to make an angry phone call. Apparently civility gets me nowhere with these clods.

What's wierd is that True Believer had to make a 3rd account, but now he's using his 2nd again. Would you mind telling us how what happened to you, and how you fixed it?

I'm having the exact same error message that Unstoppable is having, sorry I forgot your other acct name. I don't know if you know though, but I can use the Sign In feature to access my acct, but it says I joined Dec 1969, and I have 0 posts. Yet, it has a link to the two threads I created. Another thing, once signed in, theres no link to the forums directly, so it signs me back out when I leave my account profile page.

GraciousEel761 wrote:

What's wierd is that True Believer had to make a 3rd account, but now he's using his 2nd again. Would you mind telling us how what happened to you, and how you fixed it?

I'm having the exact same error message that Unstoppable is having, sorry I forgot your other acct name. I don't know if you know though, but I can use the Sign In feature to access my acct, but it says I joined Dec 1969, and I have 0 posts. Yet, it has a link to the two threads I created. Another thing, once signed in, theres no link to the forums directly, so it signs me back out when I leave my account profile page.

I don't know what happened. One momment I couldn't enter my account, same error mentioned by GOA. But later it worked right, I did nothing at all to fix it.

And True_Believer_02 is my first account belive it or not. It was named only True_Believer one day, I didn't use it for some months and when I returned it was named True_Believer_02, but with the same login and password.

Ah, you were the other person experiencing it. Well, I just got off the phone with a bloke named Phil, confirmed the inability to login via multiple computers and browsers, including from his end. I can log into the support site however, so he's sending the issue off to the IT people. I told him to inquire of both parts of the site use the same login server, since that might isolate the issue, and also to check the forum account database, since near as I can tell, that's about the only two places there could be a problem with these exact symptoms where only a few people are affected and only unable to log into specific parts of the site. He verified the account itself is active; no moderation activity against it or anything.

I was also told to post the problem in a part of the forum that gets more traffic than here, so I'll edit in a link to that here after I go do it. Hopefully at least I gave him enough info to direct the IT staff to the source of the issue.

EDIT: As promised; http://community.wizards.com/forum/magic-forums-business/threads/3951371

In all reality, I'm going to use this account from now on. It makes more sense to use my xbox gamertag. However, the issue does need to be fixed; who knows, it could happen again, and I wouldn't want to have to do this all over again.

True_Believer_02 wrote:

I created an account too, but no activation code for me also.

I will stick in the old forum a little more. See if it improves...

And be in 2 forums at the same time, it is too much for me...

So I'll only move when

What's you username there?

I'll get you activated.

You actually get awesome moderation, 3 skins for now, auto card, good bbcode, see who's in the forum/thread.

It's much nicer and don't worry about official stuff as I will still be around here because of the bugs list and will post anything I learn here, there.

Show

Username is True_Believer.

I'll get you hooked up.

Wait until you experience the speed of the site also.

I'll post back when I get conformation.

Show

You're up and running Believer.

Cheers!

Show

Anyone else having issues getting into the other site?

FYI - the iPad update is out with the new deck packs.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

I can't either.  It says that it is down for maintenance or due to the servers begin full.  Since it only has 350 members, it is down for maintenance.

2 + 2 = fish

neosilk wrote:

Anyone else having issues getting into the other site?

FYI - the iPad update is out with the new deck packs.

Any news on when steam's will be available?

probably 5 more hours.

Topic locked