being accused of cheating on xbox live

17 posts / 0 new
Last post

my wife and i play 2hg game most of the time we use avacyn's glory and mind maze. we have less than 70 cards in our decks so we get the cards that help us win.  more and more we are getting people that we beat come back at us saying that we cheat.  we do not cheat. i do not know any other way to put it. yes mind maze has a lot counter spells. yes avacyn's glory has a lot of exile cards. has anyone else been accused of cheat when they are not...?

It happens from time to time, usually with new players who don't understand card interactions or who haven't played the game long enough to understand probabilities.  The silliest I've ever encountered was a Mind Maze player who attacked into a Goblin Arsonist with a Lord of the Unreal and accused me of cheating when the arsonist killed the Lord with its extra point of damage.  The other player accused me of cheating and really got worked up about it (so many slurs...).  This is the only multiplayer game I've ever played, but I assume it comes with the territory.  Best thing is to ignore it and move on.  

I've had people comment on some particularly lucky draws I've had, but no one has (yet) outright accused me of cheating. The fools accusing you are probably just noobs who don't understand how well decently built decks can run with pilots who are working together. I'd just avoid them and move on; they're not worth the trouble or worry.

Although I'm not on xbox, I understand it can be hacked... so good, normal play might invite this kind of crap from n00bs, thinking you have hacked the draw or something.

Keep playing well and ignore the assholes.

Change up decks now and again is always my advice, period.

Expand your skills and have more fun. Same stuff over and over get's real boring... winning or not.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

All games are victims of hackers, and the games that do nothing about them do not survive long. WoTC has silently been nipping them in the bud..which I don't understand the silently. I'd want people to know this. Hell, it makes me more loyal and would do the same.

I don't know how console versions can be hacked without serious effort.

xbox is hacked all the time.

only game I ever saw hacked on ps3 was cod.

That being said, tons of people in every online game are overcompetive jerks.

2 + 2 = fish

mjack33 wrote:

xbox is hacked all the time.

only game I ever saw hacked on ps3 was cod.

That being said, tons of people in every online game are overcompetive jerks.

The DotP leaderboards are hacked on PS3...    LOLeaderboards

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

In 2013 I was accused of cheating when I used the thoctor onyx mage combo and whipped their side of the field, they were bad cause not only did they send whiney messages but also kept pausing the game and kept it from moving on.

thank you all for the coments.i just let it get under my skin. will shrug it off from now on...

I have hundreds if not a few thousands of hours played on the Xbox for all the Duels games. I dont think I have ever ran into a 'hacked' game.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

PS3: Well, I ran into same decks in THG (2 players on 1 console, same decks, wtf?!). People who got the same draw and play of cards 5 times in a row (1on1, THG). Cards that favor the situation over and over again... well, a lucky draw and hand 2 times in a row, ok... but really, 5 times? I don't know!

sinisterb00n wrote:

PS3: Well, I ran into same decks in THG (2 players on 1 console, same decks, wtf?!). People who got the same draw and play of cards 5 times in a row (1on1, THG). Cards that favor the situation over and over again... well, a lucky draw and hand 2 times in a row, ok... but really, 5 times? I don't know!

The dual decks is actually a bug with random deck selection. My friend and I both selected random decks the other day, and then both of us wound up with Chant of Mul Daya. Our opponent said that he and one of his friends had encountered the same thing earlier, having been given two Lords of Darkness when he and his friend went random.

How the hell do you 'hack' an online 360 game? /rollseyes

"Buy the ticket. Take the ride."

I have a guy on my friends list that hex edited his sealed pool to see if it could be done. It can, he made a deck with nothing but time warp's and lands to show me. Outside of sealed pool editing I have never seen cheating on xbl.

XBL - Ranc1d Sheep

Yes, you can Hex edit many games on Xbox. I am not going to tell you I have never done it. The problem is when you try to go online with these hacks. As bad as Microsoft is, the Xbox Live team does a very good job at killing consoles/users that have been moded or has content that is hacked. Not only that but most publishers of FPS/Sport and games of that nature have their own teams to help stop this too. This is why you rarely see hacking in 'online' gameplay.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

jpoplive wrote:

Yes, you can Hex edit many games on Xbox. I am not going to tell you I have never done it. The problem is when you try to go online with these hacks. As bad as Microsoft is, the Xbox Live team does a very good job at killing consoles/users that have been moded or has content that is hacked. Not only that but most publishers of FPS/Sport and games of that nature have their own teams to help stop this too. This is why you rarely see hacking in 'online' gameplay.

It depends on the game.  There are a few games that have consistent cheaters and no amount of complaints filed does anything.  I've seen the same people cheat match after match without anything being done.

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

rubberchuck33 wrote:

my wife and i play 2hg game most of the time we use avacyn's glory and mind maze. we have less than 70 cards in our decks so we get the cards that help us win.  more and more we are getting people that we beat come back at us saying that we cheat.  we do not cheat. i do not know any other way to put it. yes mind maze has a lot counter spells. yes avacyn's glory has a lot of exile cards. has anyone else been accused of cheat when they are not...?

We get the same sometimes. I do not think they actually mean "cheating", I think they mean "lame". You are an arranged team playing (arguably) the two most broken decks in the format (especially when played together). This is frowned upon in general, and I can kind of see why, it gets old fast seeing those 2 decks together. 2HG is meant to be the more casual side of the game, so teaming up and playing the format's top tier decks that are even more ridiculously over-powered when played together, is kind of against the spirit of it all.