XBLA multiplayer problems? Check here!

168 posts / 0 new
Last post

I even bought the deck pack 1...Are we gonna get refunds for only being able to play single player campaign???

For some strange reson every time I try to play with my friends on Magic 14 on xbox 360 I keep getting the same error mesasge that I can't play with my friends and or random people I even tried deleating all my content and redownloding it except for my save file I hope u guys patch this up soon cause I just might start playing Magic 13 again even though I hate playing the last magic before the new one

I get the same message, it's truly upsetting to see this many people with this problem, and yet the problem's not even being adressed. 

I get the same message, it's truly upsetting to see this many people with this problem, and yet the problem's not even being adressed. 

If everyone with this issue will please add me, my GT is Praisejeebis420. I've been able to play with a number of other people that have "the glitch" as it is now being referred to in multiplayer (creative ya?). I'm not sure if anyone with the glitch is unable to multiplayer with others. but i have 4 people on my FL with the glitch that i can play with when they are on. Add me (or if someone likes start a new list thread for people to randomly add friends so we can play some multiplayer), I have reverted to magic 2013 when other glitchers aren't on. (if you whine and yell and sling racial slurs etc please don't add me) its common enough for me to add  this disclaimer

hi it would be great if it a issue that is fixxable if we got word for word directions how to fix it maybe a video on how to do it so we know which is the bad expantion and which is the good one that may help or create a new version of the game that has the right expansions installed already and free to everyone who has purchased the game already that will solve all the problems and we wont have to complain about this game any more

Can you plz fix this facking problem for God's sake DAM!!!!

Still no fix available? Come on guys fix this!

lol I've been hit with the glitch as well. Fantastic. The next game will be out before they fix this.

Everyone having this issue: are you running the game off yor Harddrive? When I had it on mine it wored fine, but I hadn't played it in a while and I moved it to my USB and that's when I wasn't able to play.. I wonder if that is the problem. I will test this theory out and will keep you posted.

Edit: After moving the game to my Harddrive again, I am now able to play online and is no longer giving me the error message. Could have I possibly found a fix????

Edit: I'm not sure if it was either having the game on my USB or having DLC on the USB, but I moved it all to my harddrive.  I'll test it out some more. If anyone else finds anything, post it up.

Edit: I had also made sure to turn on Server Driven Content back on. I'm not sure which of these fixed the problem for me.

Manny1222 wrote:

Everyone having this issue: are you running the game off yor Harddrive? When I had it on mine it wored fine, but I hadn't played it in a while and I moved it to my USB and that's when I wasn't able to play.. I wonder if that is the problem. I will test this theory out and will keep you posted.

Edit: After moving the game to my Harddrive again, I am now able to play online and is no longer giving me the error message. Could have I possibly found a fix????

Edit: I'm not sure if it was either having the game on my USB or having DLC on the USB, but I moved it all to my harddrive.  I'll test it out some more. If anyone else finds anything, post it up.

Edit: I had also made sure to turn on Server Driven Content back on. I'm not sure which of these fixed the problem for me.

I tried the following steps and have had no luck i find it very flustering to not be able to play this game with friends i have 2013 but do not have as much fun playing it please fix this wizards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

I'm starting to think that it's the DLC files that are the problem. Maybe the Expansion Pack 1.  I don't know.  UGH!

Whatever the problem is there is no reason this should take this long does wizards even care? If you do care about your game and customers ones that have been playing your stupid card game since ice age then prove it wizards 

What do we all want for xmas? Magic 2014 to work!

How is it you can release 2 more decks before fixing the 1st  deck packs problems?

Pleas fix the multiplayer problem! I've been trying now to play for 3 months! This is so sad and dissapointing, this is unbelievable  I am starting to think they did it on purpose, just for people to go out there and buy paper magic. 

kupofett wrote:

How is it you can release 2 more decks before fixing the 1st  deck packs problems?

You clearly haven't seen the other DotP games then. At most there will be 1 single bug fixing patch that patches about 10% of all bugs, and then they just flip us off.
It's all just a money grab. The best thing to do is to just pirate the game (until they put more care in the games: if they do so you should switch back to buying, of course). Doing so since this game, and seeing how people like you are treated by Stainless (on top of their usual neglect), I feel I made the right decision (of course, as said: if they show signs of taking better care of the games, I'll return to properly buying), as this whole situation is of course unforgivable.

GamerXYZ wrote:

kupofett wrote:

You clearly haven't seen the other DotP games then. At most there will be 1 single bug fixing patch that patches about 10% of all bugs, and then they just flip us off.
It's all just a money grab. The best thing to do is to just pirate the game (until they put more care in the games: if they do so you should switch back to buying, of course). Doing so since this game, and seeing how people like you are treated by Stainless (on top of their usual neglect), I feel I made the right decision (of course, as said: if they show signs of taking better care of the games, I'll return to properly buying), as this whole situation is of course unforgivable.

i agree with everything you have said

Unforgiveable is  putting it lightly. I've been hoping to play with a friend of mine for months. We started playing, her and I - she's even the one that got me into getting it - but they still haven't fixed it?  Does anyone have any other sources? Put them up for everyone else to refer to. This is insane. 

It's her game that is glitched, and every single time I play it, I remember the annoying glitch. I'm not affected directly, but if I can't play with the people I want, then what's the point?  You don't release a broken product like this.

Im sure iran is closer to a nuke then stainless and wizards are to fixing this

Im having the same issue. Ive deleted everything and re-downloaded with no luck. Ive cleared the system cache and still nothing. This is unacceptable. Xbox and WotC are providing a service and we've paid for it yet we cannot play. This is poor business practice and a violation of the FTC.

They need to post a solution.

Go read about how the FTC protects consumers. We have possible class action lawsuit if this is not corrected in a timely manner or if we are not compensated for our loss.

Just created this acount to voice my frustration. I have never been able to get the multiplayer working even after trying all the so-called solutions. Stupidly, I even bought all the extras hoping it would fix it so I'm in 20 bones to a game I can't use. It blows mind that nobody seems to care.

It all started at the first DLC. I am still hopeful that they make it at least playable.

You all will not be getting refunded by Microsoft. I tried So hard to get refunded by them and it just isn't happening. I suggest taking Wizards to court and suing them. As I am doing.

Wizards. Any response? top urgent

Look. I don't want to sue Wizards, I want to fix it. I would like to counter-sugest for a way to encorage them to fix it. ASAP!  But who do we contact and how?

I STILL CAN'T PLAY ONLINE AND IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR FAR TO LONG THIS **** SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED BY NOW NO 2015 FOR ME

when will the new patch be ready been waiting for to long other fixes are not working

Seriously wizards?? This has been going on for months now and yet u guys dont do ANYTHING. For me this happened 1 month ago. Everything worked fine, but then i had to change to another xbox  and dowload everything again. Thats when this stupid problem started for me to, so now i cant play it anymore. People have payed money for this and i hope someone takes action against this...

played several multiplayer games last night on xbox 360 today when i tried to play it says. your gamerprofile does not have xboxlive functionality.but it does xD also had several other errors connecting. any suggestions ppl? ):

Okay. So Wizards wont fix the problem for what almost six months now? I have the solution. Go to xbox games marketplace, select magic the gathering 2014 and rate it one star. We cannot fix the problem ourselve but we can hurt their future profits whilst saving some folks the frustration and money. Maybe this will get through to them. But only if you actually go and do it.  Unless of course they decide to patch it =)

We are sorry for your frustration..... Not sorry enough to fix it..... Nor sorry enough to refund you on a manufacturers defect..... yeah, you're sorry.

Wizard sean, how long do we have to wait for this to be fixed? I love magic and just bought 2014 a few nights ago.. this is a very frustrating issue for this kind of lack in response.

A COMPLETE WATE - how can you make a multiplayer game and no one can connect thats stupid only some people can i can watch my friends connect 5 games in a row while i can not connect to 1. everything is on my hard drive i have 1 of each file went through multiple trouble shoots like wtf !! magic an error has occurred. you cannot play a multiplayer match with these opponents at this time. Please try again later

Everyone should try this and spread this. Why? Because I tested this. I've tried putting Magic 2014 on a USB, but when I put the first expansion, it gives me the same error message as my friend. She recently got a harddrive and I told her to try redownloading Magic 2014 and putting it on the hardrive and it worked.

Try putting the game on your harddrive rather than your USB if you are capable to do so. Test it for yourself.

Maybe this doesn't solve everyone's problems, but this definitely helped my friend. Seriously, I might make a seporate forum if needed.

I'm going to bump this. Just a little.

Fix this damn bug NOW please!  Finally got someone else that i know to get this game and i can't play a game with them.  Will  NEVER buy another Wizard's product/game again if this doesn't get fixed.

KronicMayhem wrote:

Fix this damn bug NOW please!  Finally got someone else that i know to get this game and i can't play a game with them.  Will  NEVER buy another Wizard's product/game again if this doesn't get fixed.

Unfortunately, they're not going to fix it.  It's yesterday's news...

I've got a solution for everyone. Simply go to ftccomplaintassistant.gov. Select the box listed "Internet services, Online shopping or Computers"....Next click "Internet services" then "Internet gaming". That's right folks. The FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION has a section specifically for us to get what we fuccin' paid for.....They want to give us the middle finger?....lets take that finger and stick it up there ass. I'm filling the complaint out now. I suggest you all do the same unless of course you enjoy the thought of them laughing at us while they spend our money....All credit goes to Tr0ublesome.

I don't know what's going on with the Xbox live version of the game, but we can't invite friends to games or make slots private anymore. I've deleted and re-downloaded the game and the expansions. What's going on??

Sign In to post comments