XBLA multiplayer problems? Check here!

167 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi all. The Magic 2014 team is aware of the problems people are experiencing when attempting to join online multiplayer games on Xbox and I apologize for the frustration this has caused for players that want to test their skills over XBLA. I have a potential solution to pass on and would appreciate your feedback afterward.

If you get the following error message... 

"An error has occurred. You cannot play a multiplayer match with these opponents at this time. Please try again later."

Try installing the base game, title update, and expansion to your console's main hard disk storage device. Like so:

Afterward, please give online multiplayer another try and report back in this thread with the result. Hopefully this helps a number of people before a patch can be introduced that more directly deals with the issue.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

this does nothing...I tried all this already with Xbox Troubleshooting for like 3 hours...

BlackLimbo wrote:

this does nothing...I tried all this already with Xbox Troubleshooting for like 3 hours...

Thanks for responding so quickly. If anyone else gives this a try please let me know of the result as well. It's possible it works for some but not others.

Sean Gibbons

Let me also add that when you do delete everything and reinstall everything all your card unlocks are the same and your sealed slots are the same as well even tho they say they haven't been opened without any save data at all..:/

I tried that and it doens´t work. I have tried everything like limbo here, to no success.

Anyway, is good to see you here posting about the problem Sean. Hope we can get some comunication going and hopefully this can get fixed a.s.a.p.

took ya 2 weeks (cough cough)

BlackLimbo wrote:

Sean was on vacation.

Don't know about the others though but I do know that.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

thedevilwuster wrote:

BlackLimbo wrote:

Sean was on vacation.

Don't know about the others though but I do know that.

I haven't been around to post about it, but the team has been aware. While the fix hasn't been deployed yet, it's in the works. It will be corrected along with a fix for the "Mage Explorer" achievement not unlocking properly.

Sean Gibbons

That is good news Sean.

While they're at it can they make the game on Steam launch on your video card instead of using your onboard graphics?

I have a card that could handle it with no problem but I guess my onboard doesn't support pixel shader 2.0. Last year's game was no issue but I, no matter what fixes I made, this years still has no card art and is unplayable for me.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

thedevilwuster wrote:

That is good news Sean.

While they're at it can they make the game on Steam launch on your video card instead of using your onboard graphics?

I have a card that could handle it with no problem but I guess my onboard doesn't support pixel shader 2.0. Last year's game was no issue but I, no matter what fixes I made, this years still has no card art and is unplayable for me.

Sure, I'll make sure the Duels team is aware people are having issues w/ that.

Sean Gibbons

wtf yooo really ?? locking my thread for going off topic on my own thread?? lol what kinda bs rule is that O.o ...i made the topic? soo i cant talk about other things in my own thread ...gosh..:/

Dude. Take the hint and just keep this alive until the fix is in.

You really don't have to keep this thread alive though. Sean said they are working on it. So there's that.

Show

nah im done im not gonna bother posting anymore..-_- thats the stupidest rule ever ..Its My thread that i created for the issue and just cuz i talk about poitics while waiting for the problem to be fixed it gets locked i mean ...o.o how the hell is that remotely affecting or causing problems...-_- peace out

Understood.

I think we got some good word.

Did you check out the Carlin?

Show

the same error sean

please fix the multiplayer issue in xbox please i am sad

plase patch the game in xbox  i try everything i am sad

A patch is in the works.

If you say "pretty plase" I'm sure it'll come quicker. 

I've been mostly accurate about predicting WOTC moves this year and my feeling is that a patch is coming this week. As early as tomorrow, maybe.

Show

thedevilwuster wrote:

A patch is in the works.

If you say "pretty plase" I'm sure it'll come quicker. 

I've been mostly accurate about predicting WOTC moves this year and my feeling is that a patch is coming this week. As early as tomorrow, maybe.

That would be great news!... Hope your right nostradamus!

patch you sure, yay i am happy

No, I am not sure but,

I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside.

Oh ya, Oh ya.

Show

lol

I forgot....

You have to say it three times.

Wizards_Sean

Wizards_Sean

Wizards_Sean

We beseech thee.

What news of a patch bringeth you?

That should work.

Show

I am continuing to get the same error and the above steps dont work at all. Thanks for charging me $5 to have a broken game. I love it!

I love the lack of response over this. I literally cannot play anyone online and anyone with half a mind knows the suggested "fix" will not do anything. No way to get a refund for a broken game? Never would have bought this if I knew it wasn't going to work.

Was really hoping Sean would pop in with a patch announcement today.

The week is still young.

Show

I understand this is just a game and i don't want to be dramatic, but i can't stop thinking on how this situation was handled. Not only it took WOTC 2 weeks to let us know they were "aware" of the problem, but it has been 7-8 days now without any kind of update. Not even an ESTIMATE of when the patch will be released... Again, I don't want to be dramatic, but add to this the fact that we have paid and didn't get back what we gave our money for and it feels just to disrespectful. For me it has been now more then 20 days without being able toplay online. I hope WOTC, or whoever is responsible for this, is at least considering a proper way to compensating us all.

They wont give you anything. The games have been buggy since the first and all its been is waiting weeks or more for fixes. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they arent even fixing it period despite what has been said. I do hope they read this stuff as I will not be purchasing any future iterations of this game. Ever.

yea snd,i am sad with the fix, wizzard ignore all, bad 5 dollar spend for expacion broken

patch the stuipid gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I LOVE WIZARDS....HOW do you throw a patch in for another DLC, when you didnt even fix the problem from the previous one....are you trying to slap us in the face...? Like this is beyond bs -_- this is gonna piss alot of people off..(me)...

(edit) just came on here to say that fk wizards -_-

yea is true black limbo ,wizzard no fix this problem, i hate this game in 2015 no buy, bye bye magic in console,wizzard suck and no fix the pach is a pros

another client who will lose, always buy all the magic but since this is an insult, magic thanks for helping technicians are the best

it's unbelievable that I check magic for the first time in almost 2 weeks and theres an update...I think to myself, "Great, I'll be able to play online now"

NOPE! no fix for us users who still can't connect with people.. this is such a joke.

I'd say they patched the broken achievement, because I guarantee M$ cares about that!

a patch with nothing fixed weeks after spending money.. FCK MAGIC

I love the lack of info on this. Whoever is responsible for community stuff should be fired. This game shouldnt even still be on the marketplace if it isnt going to work properly. Guess this is what I deserve for buying every duels game plus all dlc.

Guys, I'm sorry to say I was right, now.

Xbox got a patch this week as I predicted but not the one everyone really wanted.

I don't have that gut feeling this time about anything coming next week.

Maybe next week, but I have the feeling this is a deeper coding issue that is related to server driven content that will not be patched until the deckpack 1 update.

Show

Love how they sticky a topic that helps poor little pc owners unlock cards but wont even address a topic where people cant even play half a game. Whoever this sean guy is should be jobless right now. Of course considering how crappy the game turned out id imagine they will promote him instead.

i believe that you guys would get better results from test monkeys running the show i bet they could bang on the keyboard a few times and this game would be the best its been in years

if the creators would go back to when the game was first released  i believe the problem starts after there first update ..............my friend bought it when it first came out and his works fine and all the updates support his system                the coding had to got screw up since the first update