DAY 16: No ETA for Patch yet

144 posts / 0 new
Last post

still having this issue as well....I'm almost embarrassed for their company...how do you mess something up this big?  you're asking people to buy a product that will ruin their game.  and then offer no help or explanation as to why...im about to give microsoft a call and get a refund as well..I play this game with my friends all the time and the last two weeks we haven't been able to play.  it's just beyond frustrating at this point.

To be fair it seems the glitch is hit and miss and they probably did test it, it just didn't glitch on their testing, but also that's still no excuse to be offline this long. Had to play 2013 with a buddy the other day cause he was one affected.

its funny how microsoft has more sympathy then wizards does xD wizards should give us a free deck pack xD

Wizards should at least have someone say "Sorry it has been so long. We are working to get it resolved. Hang in there." every so often. A canned "we know about it, we're working on it" and then no updates for more than a week is ludicrous.

BlackLimbo wrote:

its funny how microsoft has more sympathy then wizards does xD wizards should give us a free deck pack xD

You got a refund for the game.  How is that supposed to garner sympathy from wizards?  Or free stuff?

2 + 2 = fish

Hi, i have the same problem as you. I paid for something i cant even use. I tought by waiting a week or so, the problem would be fixed but it has been two weeks without being able to play. I pay the Xbox live licence to play magic, so its like loosing time on my membership without using it

Is someone working on that?

just got off the phone with Wizards" We have no ETA to give at this moment in time but we have developers working on it at this time, you will most likely see this issue fixed with a hotpatch or the Live Update" Me: "So basically your saying, it can be now or a month from now" Him:"Yes thats about all the information i can give you at this point, we are fully aware for the issue and apologize".....Why cant they just come on the forums and say that...:/ geez

BlackLimbo wrote:

just got off the phone with Wizards" We have no ETA to give at this moment in time but we have developers working on it at this time, you will most likely see this issue fixed with a hotpatch or the Live Update" Me: "So basically your saying, it can be now or a month from now" Him:"Yes thats about all the information i can give you at this point, we are fully aware for the issue and apologize".....Why cant they just come on the forums and say that...:/ geez

Have you seen what happened as soon as the first few promos did not show up?  That is why.

2 + 2 = fish

mjack33 wrote:

BlackLimbo wrote:

Have you seen what happened as soon as the first few promos did not show up?  That is why.

Yes, sometimes the forum comes off like a group of petulant children, but this a consumer issue that should be addressed.

Basically some people paid money to WOTC to break their gaming experience and that is 100% wrong and should be treated with more respect.

I honestly figured this would be fixed by now and it is really bothering me that so many people have had this happen to them. It may not be widespread but I'm sure not everyone it has happened to posts here so we don't know the true extent of the issue.

Wizards did a very piss poor job with the game this year.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I can agree to all of that.

2 + 2 = fish

I also agree. I wish they would have someone on the forums tell us how the fix is going and when it will be fixed. This is so unproffessional. 

thedevilwuster wrote:

mjack33 wrote:

BlackLimbo wrote:

Yes, sometimes the forum comes off like a group of petulant children, but this a consumer issue that should be addressed.

Basically some people paid money to WOTC to break their gaming experience and that is 100% wrong and should be treated with more respect.

I honestly figured this would be fixed by now and it is really bothering me that so many people have had this happen to them. It may not be widespread but I'm sure not everyone it has happened to posts here so we don't know the true extent of the issue.

Wizards did a very piss poor job with the game this year.

first time I've agreed with one of your posts....hah..but I 100% agree...they did a very piss poor job with the release of this game and the expansion. imma post in this thread everyday to make sure it stays near the top..

j3andit wrote:

first time I've agreed with one of your posts....hah..but I 100% agree...they did a very piss poor job with the release of this game and the expansion. imma post in this thread everyday to make sure it stays near the top..

Really?

Deck cuts? Recipes? Music? Non-Sequiters? Trolling Trolls? Getting Necromancers Banned?...etc?

I'm hurt.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

lol (Bump for the Cause)

thedevilwuster wrote:

j3andit wrote:

Really?

Deck cuts? Recipes? Music? Non-Sequiters? Trolling Trolls? Getting Necromancers Banned?...etc?

I'm hurt.

Yep... 1 in 5893 and counting.

Lol DJ

In all fairness, my post count went way up after starting the bugs and tech issues threads.

Don't give a flying crap about post count (unlike some others)

They can reset it for all I care.

Show

Mine has gone up too... Call it the 2hg, MoD, Cancel effect.

This is such BS. I'm going to help bump this thread and call microsoft everyday until they fix this. Just to tell them how annoyed/pissed off i am about how unproffessional they're being about this.

This is such BS. I'm going to help bump this thread and call microsoft everyday until they fix this. Just to tell them how annoyed/pissed off i am about how unproffessional they're being about this.

Are you sure you don't mean wizards or stainless?  Microsoft can't do anything about software that isn't theirs.

2 + 2 = fish

8:36 bump -_- hurry up wizards

.....I haven't posted in this due to not wanting to be in wide eyed shock....this is no way to treat loyal customers. I wish I could do something, anything about it but, like you, I'm among the completely powerless.

Or are we?

In a different game, I flooded everything I could find with emails detailing big problems until at least one got through to someone in charge. Then it goes down the line as he berates each one and THEN you see action. I had to threaten going to each and every game site and detailing this problem in every single one. Being fed up, I got tired of waiting and started off. About the 5th website, there was a general announcement that the problem was being fixed. And it was.

Still, this sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

at this point, I just want my money back

you can get it back frm xbox ya kno xD xbox is handing out refunds for the DLC ....wizards gives nada :P

Its kind of funny that you're keeping this thread going but there isn't any kind of description of the problem in the OP lol. I assume you guys aren't able to play online or something? Are you sure you've tried everything because I have the expansion and I've played with people who didn't and we've had no problems. Have you tried saving your gamesave to the cloud and then deleting and seeing if that fixes it? And I assume that you've deleted the game/dlc and reinstalled it? It sucks that you guys are having this problem. And if the problem hasn't been fixed by now that's just one more point in the incompetent column for Stainless.

Whatever The Market Will Bear 2015 brought to you by Wizards of the Coast.

Not funny at all that this thread keeps getting posts. This is an issue that has been acknowledged but not fixed in almost two weeks.

Damn shoddy as these guy cannot play online anymore. I've been watching this thread and Limbo has tried everything under the sun and nothing has worked.

Show

julianwelton wrote:

Its kind of funny that you're keeping this thread going but there isn't any kind of description of the problem in the OP lol. I assume you guys aren't able to play online or something? Are you sure you've tried everything because I have the expansion and I've played with people who didn't and we've had no problems. Have you tried saving your gamesave to the cloud and then deleting and seeing if that fixes it? And I assume that you've deleted the game/dlc and reinstalled it? It sucks that you guys are having this problem. And if the problem hasn't been fixed by now that's just one more point in the incompetent column for Stainless.

lol ill update that tonight then sorry for the confusion ill also state what I have tried...cuz its literally been everything to 3 hours of on the phone troubleshooting mith MS..deleteing everything WHICH might i add made me delete my gamesaves for Diablo3 and Borderlands 2 which i prolly wont ever play Borderlands 2 ever again cuz i listened to the stupid guy tell me to delete my profile with all items...but anyway ya ive tried nearly everything possible :/ and Wizards Customer Service Line...says...were working on it..no ETA..sorry for the inconvienence soooo i figure might as well keep this thread as a record to show the amount of days of incompetance and poor customer relations support Wizards can pull off -_-

Is it still possible to Twitter-bomb Wizards' staff? I know that happened once to... I dunno, some kind of effect. Something happened that it was addressed and they asked people not to do it. So it's something they take seriously at any rate.

I don't know if it would be cause to impliment a fix faster, but it sure got microbless off his ass.

Show

(cough) bump

Hernia exam?

Show

I believe you've probably tried everything but I'll list a few things just in case.

1. Copy save file to flashdrive and then delete the one on your HDD and start the game up.

2. Same as above but clear your cache or delete the Magic 2014 update manually if that doesn't work.

3. Copy your save onto a flashdrive and then delete your save from your HDD along with the dlc and the update. Then go to dashboard and download the compatibility file and once it's finished start your game up.

4. Sign in on another 360 (If possible) and transfer your Magic 2014 license to that console and let it create a new save and what not and then if that works copy everything you can from that consoles Magic 2014 file and use a flashdrive to try and copy it to your original console.

5. Same as above but download the compatibility update before you ever start the game.

6. As I don't know exactly what your guys' problem is I'd say restart your router and modem just for good measure lol. It's always good to do that once in a while anyway.

Like I said while you've probably tried these things or some version of them I thought I'd post a few things just in case it helped anyone.

*Edit* Just realized this is all a bunch of useless nonsense if your problem isn't for 360 lol.

Whatever The Market Will Bear 2015 brought to you by Wizards of the Coast.

i tried that too bro xD i used modio to extract the save game and delete everything i redownloaded the game and 2 things happened ALL the unlocks i had before are still unlocked..without a save game (i will note they are not in order just filled to 100) so im assuming the save game for the game unlocks is either glitched or unreachable cuz its in a partition of the xbox harddrive i cant access :P..nothing fixes it :;/

Have you tryed assigning your xbox a static ip, dmz the ip and reboot your router?

Show

still (bump)ing watch wizards blame the government shutdown xD jk jk

BlackLimbo wrote:

Did you even read what I posted before you bumped?

Show

The save data for xbox arcade games are saved in your profile.

Have you tried to play online with another account?

Maybe you have a friend that gives you his acc data so you can try to log in with his acc and try playing online.

If it works then you could create a new acc and you will be probably able to play the game online.

I know it sucks because gold membership costs money and you would have to to unlock all cards again but it's probably better than not being able to play the game online at all.

nah...thats not the problem either i actually have 5 friends profiles xD we kinda game share and none of them work xD ive tried it all man xD

thedevilwuster wrote:

BlackLimbo wrote:

Did you even read what I posted before you bumped?

and yeah i read it...i stated i did that.. way back when onlike day 3 even went so far as to try a completely different router..it has nothing to do with nat or connection or the IP its a multiplayer server error message..:P im pretty sure its either on a partionof the xbox nobody can locate OR its a server issue on their end maybe the Server Driven Content Toggling it on and off makes the game think that it has more cards then other players and shows that message in default as if they have incompatibility issues :P

im only basing this off the assumtion that maybe the patch they did recently to prevent decks from being unlocked ended up creating a glitch that makes the game shout incompatibility whenever in a multiplayer match.

Something weird happened I have the steam version and I lost a few promos. Not sure which ones they seem to be random.

Sign In to post comments