DAY 16: No ETA for Patch yet

144 posts / 0 new
Last post

Everybody who has been hit by this needs to keep one of these threads alive cuz its only a small minority of us with the problems and no immediate solution other then "there sending something out right now on XboxLive today" from WizardsSean ...that was stated the day of release.

What We Know:

-It is a Multiplayer Issue of compatibility, where majority of players can play just fine yet a minority of us get booted and/or can't even start the game due to the error message and this takes place nearly 98%(just guessing cause i have been able to playe prolly 3 1v1 games by pure luck)

-Deleting the GT, the DLC, the Magic DOTP 2014 game shows no results.

-Redownloading the XBOX Update does nothing as does clearing the cache.

-Wizards has tated that they are working on it and they have yet to identify the issue and as such there is no ETA to speak of. It seems as if it is clearly something wrong on their end so if you have tried all the above methods above its not your fault.

-XBOX has no idea what the issue is, BUT is refunding the 5 dollars to those afflicted with the multiplayer error message regardless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As of now, All the information regarding this issue to be relayed to Wizards Customer Support, they will most likely tell you the same they have told me: No ETA, "we are just customer support and our higher ups have given us only the information that they are working on it", and im sorry for the inconvienence. Thats it.

You are not alone. This issue is really pissing me off. I cant play with friends nor online because of this stupid problem. I did not buy the expansion to not be able to play online.

First day it happened i could not understand how every lobby i entered I would get kicked out just before starting the game. It wasnt until i created one lobby and whent to start the game that an error message poped up saying that I cant play with the player of the other team because of compatiblity issues. 3 days have passe, like blacklimbo states and still no fix!!!

If i cant play the game online, i am not interested in it at all. And i did not buy an expansion for it to break my game.

Any news regarding this problem  would be greatly appreciated.

Wizards dont keep us in the dark, and FIX ur &%$"·"% game.

PS- SOrry for grammar not a native speaker.

thats ONE of the problems bro xD i bought the expansion i dont even need the free update our problem is we cant play with other people online at all regardless

the other issue was that for 3 days there was no free update so if you wanted to play online you couldnt unless you bought the DLC.

Imma try to uninstall the DLC and download the free update instead and see if it will let me play.

Ah, I truly feel sorry for you mate. The new expansions are just downright fun to play with and against. I hope your issues are resolved expediently, and that you're able to bask in the glory of waging warfare against ninjas using samurais.

yo this blows...this game is hella broke so check it..: I use Modio to extract my save game from a USB and COMPLETELY wipe the game off the face of my Xbox right? then Reinstall Magic ALL THE CARDS are still unlocked without any kind of save data AND ALL the decks are filled to 100 cards...wtf is up with the games save system maybe if i could figure that out i can retry installing the DLC but come on Wizards...IM trying here...but your game is broke af :/ Wizards_Sean whats going on? the free update patch is out but that doesnt fix our problem?

I swear imma make a forum thread for every day this goes unanswered...lol

I smell a conspiracy.  Multiplayer will mysteriously start working on 24th. (Just kidding).

Realistically, they said they are working on it and it will get done when it gets done.  It really sucks......... but it could be worse too.

2 + 2 = fish

no possible way it could get worse :/ might as well not put out the DLC if it had so many online issues then i wouldnt have to get put thru the crap of joining multiplayer matches and people kickin me right off the bat cuz they chack to see if they can play -_-

BlackLimbo wrote:

no possible way it could get worse :/ might as well not put out the DLC if it had so many online issues then i wouldnt have to get put thru the crap of joining multiplayer matches and people kickin me right off the bat cuz they chack to see if they can play -_-

Oh reaalllllyy?  After the recent forum migration? At least the game turns on.

2 + 2 = fish

without multiplayer i wont even be getting on the game at all

I can't believe this is still a problem. I thought PS3 players had it bad needing to wait another week, but I'd rather have no expansion than a broken one. PS3 players may still get a broken expansion, though. Thank FSM the Steam version works.

I can't believe this is still an issue.  day 3 and STILL no fix...I downloaded/uninstalled/ redownloaded EVERYTHING and still have the same problem...I literally paid 5 Dollars for an update to lose the multiplayer feature...Unacceptable.

As a side note, I have to believe this happened because of some misguided need to hide the content of the expansion decks before they were officially announced. Last year, the expansion deck info was present in the game files long before the expansion came out. I'm pretty sure it was the same with 2012. I certainly don't recall any associated multiplayer problems with those two versions. WotC/Stainless tried so hard this year to stop us (evenfall, specifically) from getting advanced info and promo unlocks. As a result, we get the multitude of issues with promos this year and now this kind of problem on the 360. It's kind of pathetic.

not to mention the numerous count of bugged cards that on 2013 would have worked just fine xD...plus the save game issues and the f*cking hour that it takes to "redownload content" when the game starts up...like before the DLC it wasnt bad like 5 seconds at most...now its like a full minute after the expansion got put in...-_- idk 2013 was way better bug and gameplay wise then this shiz :/

Try it now.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

nope nada ima go ahead and make my Day 4 thread -_-

Let me ask you this. Does Xbox have regions as PS3 has?

If so, it may be the update hasn't been rolled out to all regions and the people you are trying to hook up with don't have it.

It's going to be that way for PS3. We in North America get the expansion on the 24th but won't be able to play with people across the pond until the week after that, when they get it.

Could be the issue... I have no idea... grasps straw.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

thedevilwuster wrote:

Let me ask you this. Does Xbox have regions as PS3 has?

If so, it may be the update hasn't been rolled out to all regions and the people you are trying to hook up with don't have it.

It's going to be that way for PS3. We in North America get the expansion on the 24th but won't be able to play with people across the pond until the week after that, when they get it.

Could be the issue... I have no idea... grasps straw.

yeah it updates by region but im in the starting region in Georgia xD when something hits the US I get it first and its literally everybody...randoms and friends that i cant connect with..their has been no new update..

One more thing then. Do you ever shut the thing off? Simple I know but it works sometimes when the PS3 is missing something that is available.

Show

yepp ive done it like 5 times today, uninstalled and reinstalled everything, deleted the save game, redownloaded the update, tried the the free dlc rather then the normal DLC, toggled the server driven content, reset my router and modem, made my NAT as open as can be, repeated half these steps with xbox support for 3 hours to no avail...its clearly their fault..i cant fix it..

im just going to keep upping this thread until this is fixed.

and noooooow were at day 4 -_-

I still cant play either 

yo btw weirdest thing...i deleted EVERYTHING off my xbox and extracted my save data with modio then reinstalled the game to the xbox and ALL the cards were unlocked and all the campaigns i finished previously were unlocked the promos were even put in BUT my deck builds were not there anymore even tho there was no save data to begin with ...? where the fk is the save data stored for this game -_-

Fight for Fix(Bump)

How can this be dudes? And on what platform?

On XBOX i beleive there is a free dlc patch for this reason!

GOD TIER...";(
"Dpad Fighter Forever"

SK1LL wrote:

How can this be dudes? And on what platform?

On XBOX i beleive there is a free dlc patch for this reason!

Thing is we have bought the expansion pack, but still cant play online.

Try clearing your cache? I remember having a similar problem on Steam when the game first launched, I ended up solving it, but since you guys are on Xbox this is clearly a different matter.

literally tried everything xD

Bump againnn

IN my vain attempt to remedy the multiplayer probem i tried to  delete everything and in turn ....deleted both my Borderlands 2 Characters and my paragon 20 Diablo 3 wizard ....F*CK you wizards....like i understand its my fault but this situation came about cuz you cant even test your stupid game and dlc before shippin it off like f*ckin tards THANK YOU...im glad im getting a refund too atleast xbox sees how incompetant this probem really is....

So this problem has been going on for days now AFTER paying $5 and still no word?

MastaC wrote:

So this problem has been going on for days now AFTER paying $5 and still no word?

YEP!  STILL UNFIXED!!! i want a refund as well

Yeah, because they're all going to come in on the weekend for this one thing.

I mean, sympathy for your plight and all, but being dicks about it isn't going to help anything. Goodness knows I've been on dev teams where they'd purposely delay stuff when people got uppity like this. They know the problem exists and your being a nuisance isn't going to help anything.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

2 things

1. GodofAtheism is right.  They are gone for the weekend, so you aren't going to get any help until monday, bar something exceptional happening.  In the meantime you are yelling at a wall.

2. The name of the thread is the best way to get this locked.

2 + 2 = fish

All I can say is, please wizards, come monday tell us something.. I would like to know if you working on a fix, or if a fix is even possible.

We love this game, this is why we are here posting!

We are not trying to be dicks,. we are just terribly dissapointed.

Thank you :-)

Nah to hell with that if they lock it ill make another one till they get the point that this is a problem on there side ...and just cuz its only a few people afflicted doesnt mean they get to say were workin on it...i mean WE literally bought the DLC in good faith..and it broke our multiplayer..-_- soo i payed them to f*ck up my game and then give me literally little to none response about the problem or when they'll have it fixed? ...right smh im mad cuz i know full well its not gonna be fixed..

EDIT: my point is this thread would have never been created if they had just tested there dlc before ship out...2 big problems within seconds of release and they couldnt have predicted either..right -_-

BlackLimbo wrote:

Nah to hell with that if they lock it ill make another one till they get the point 

Excellent way to get banned and accomplish nothing else at all, and in fact probably screw everyone else suffering this because then they're pretty likely to downshift the priority of this. It would pretty much make you the bad guy here. The fact that has to be explained to you is already sad.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Burzmalli wrote:

As a side note, I have to believe this happened because of some misguided need to hide the content of the expansion decks before they were officially announced. Last year, the expansion deck info was present in the game files long before the expansion came out. I'm pretty sure it was the same with 2012. I certainly don't recall any associated multiplayer problems with those two versions. WotC/Stainless tried so hard this year to stop us (evenfall, specifically) from getting advanced info and promo unlocks. As a result, we get the multitude of issues with promos this year and now this kind of problem on the 360. It's kind of pathetic.

Guess I blipped over your post earlier but fully reading it I think you've got the whole kit and kaboodle right there.

GodOfAtheism wrote:

Yeah, because they're all going to come in on the weekend for this one thing.

I mean, sympathy for your plight and all, but being dicks about it isn't going to help anything. Goodness knows I've been on dev teams where they'd purposely delay stuff when people got uppity like this. They know the problem exists and your being a nuisance isn't going to help anything.

Very distinct possibilty.

Jerk in, jerk out...  Garbage in, garbage out.

Welcome to the machine that is still human.

Show

It works fine for me. Not a single problem.

Whats going on here?

GOD TIER...";(
"Dpad Fighter Forever"

SK1LL wrote:

It works fine for me. Not a single problem.

Whats going on here?

I believe that advertisements in your signature is against the ToC.

Might want to remove it before it is removed for you and you possibly receive a temporary ban.

Show

Topic locked