Thinking of getting this, how does sealed deck work?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thinking of getting this, how does sealed deck work?
...whatever
Sealed is separate from the constructed game, so only sealed decks vs. sealed decks and only 1v1 format.  You get a pool of 6 boosters to make a deck with, the deck has to be at least 40 cards.  You go through the "campaign" mode to unlock 3 more boosters in the end to build your deck with, although you can take it online anytime you want.  You start with 2 free slots to play with and pay 1.99 per slot afterwards.  Once you have 5 slots, you have to buy them in groups of 5 for 8.99 and the maximum limit is 20 slots.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

if you are playstation, you can buy 1 slot at a time.
if you are playstation, you can buy 1 slot at a time.

Ahh, I did not know that.  Apparently that part is different for each platform then. ;P  In Steam/PC you have to buy blocks.  Also you cannot play against other players cross-platform, that might be worth mentioning as well.  Not in just sealed, but constructed as well.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

I read that you can't delete sealed decks, is this still true?

...whatever
That sucks you guys (pc users) have to buy in blocks.  Cross platform would have been cool.  ANd it is possible to do that, because square enix did it with FFXI so that pc and ps3 and pc xbox could play together.  At least I am pretty sure they could, I remember that being a bonus for people.

Sealed is fun, just real repetitive.  Black is super crazy in sealed. 
I read that you can't delete sealed decks, is this still true?

yeah, evein if you delete game and re install, the sealed slots are locked on server side, so once you use the slot again, you get the same cards.  I am not sure, but I think a few people have tried to see if it was true, and it was. 
You can't delete pools, but as I've gotten more and more familiar with the cards, combos, and meta, I find you can make a competitive deck out of any of them.. I've done 13 so far, and I've been able to make a viable one out of each slot (although I've had to completely rebuild some of them 4-5 times after I'd given up on them).  On Steam, at least, the opponent decks are nice and varied.. in the first days, everyone over-valued black due to its removal and graveyard recursion, but that seems to have passed as people realize the strengths of the other colors.