Keeping this stickied for a little while to help those Steam users who can't unlock their extra cards using the promo codes. This almost always stems from their Steam client failing to grab the files needed for the promos to become available in the first place. There are a couple ways to try and force steam to do this:
Try exiting the game, right-clicking the title in your Steam Library, and click Properties >>> the "Local Files" tab >>> Verify integrity of game cache to attempt to download the appropriate files.
If that doesn't work, do the following steps:
Determine whether or not you're downloading the proper files for the promo unlock:
- Right click on the app name in your Games Library.
- Choose Properties
- Click on the Local Files tab to open the app folder
- From the app folder, open “\WADCACHE\GAMEDATA\D14\SERVER\CONTENT\PROMOS\”
- You should see a folder named “1” and a folder named “2”. If you don’t then you aren’t downloading the files from the server and the problem lies outside the game (likely a network problem).
Next step - Check for regional file availability:
- Paste this link into your web browser http://media.wizards.com/gamedata/d14/server/Content/Promos/1/PCWAD/0.SHA
- If you receive a “file not found” error, then you are unable to download the content from the internet
- If you download 0.SHA, then you are able to contact the server. Confirm that Server Driven Content is enabled and restart the client. If the content does not appear on restart, restart the client yet again.
If none of the above methods work for you, please contact Customer Service. Include as much detail in your e-mail as you can. Things like network settings & connection method (router, direct line or wireless), your world region, system specs, and which game DLC (if any) you've purchased. Also include whether you've had trouble unlocking just a single promo code, or all promo codes.