10 Games in a row With.....

310 posts / 0 new
Last post
Current stats are up.

Wow...good work!!! 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

As a note, I excluded zeeehmtee's spreadsheet results because none of them were true "10 in a row", though the data was nice. I also excluded HenWen's 10 games in a row against the same opponent with the same decks each time because I felt it wasn't the type of data I was after.

If anyone disagrees with this and makes a compelling case, I will update the OP.
@HenWen   9-1 is pretty impressive with FW, would you mind posting your build? :D
add me on steam =) highzenborg
Wow ... go, Guardians!

It really is a deck that has great potential, especially if the Spiritdancers can take to the air. (That said, I've been getting clobbered with it this morning ...) 
Just added deck win percentages; I counted Grunthex's "draw" as a loss because it wasn't a win or an actual draw.

That being said, Grunt, would you mind playing another game with SH so I could amend the results? I don't want to measure draws unless they are "true" draws (e.g. Flamebreak-style). In the event of a DQ where no clear winner is evident, just pretend the game didn't happen and move on.
I don't know what just happened...

10 games in a row with HS:

vs EtD: win
vs DW: win
vs AG: win
vs MD: win
vs HS: win
vs CMD: win

I don't know if that was the biggest fluke in Magic history or if I finally made HS work. Anyway, I'm going to post my build in the proper thread soon. And also looks like my name is going right to the OP

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

And you faced both DW and AG three times each; I need to start drinking Brazilian Booze... Brahma, maybe?
I just want to applaud all the write ups that include the size of the opponent's.....library...no, fine, deck. 

That's it. I'm a sucker for details.  
Agreed; I think the draw/play distinction is quite relevant in a lot of matchups, as well.
I don't drink alcohol anymore, so that's probably not the reason. Although, Hakeem, hear my advice: Brahma is terrible.

Regarding details, I'm sorry that I don't keep track of those things (I should) but, from the top of my mind, most of the matches I was on the play (and I don't think HS can win much on the draw anyways), and my opponents, with the exception of my CMD opponent in match #10, were playing decks pretty close to 60 cards, although my DW opponent in match #7 had a pretty suboptimal build (Veilborn Ghoul and Endless Ranks of the Dead), despite having 60 cards in his deck.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Alright here it is, 10 games with Dragons, pleasantly surprised:

1. Dragons vs Dragons = Win (I got the faster ramp, layed more dudes, he goofed and nuked his own guy)
2. Dragons vs Zombie = Win (I layed form of the dragon and lolled all the way to a win)
3. Dragons vs Zombies = Loss (overwhelmed plus removal)
4. Dragons vs Zombies = Win (really close, saved 2 fatties in my hand and let him cast all his removal on my others)
5. Dragons vs Slivers = Win (maelstrom and jundcharm cleared the board, he had no answers for my fatties)
6. Dragons vs Slivers = Win (opponent too slow, no removal)
7. Dragons vs Garruks = Win (form of the dragon once again, he was running 70 card deck with no bramblecrush)
8. Dragons vs Zombies = Loss (overwhelmed, didn't draw any removal)
9. Dragons vs Zombies = Win (tanked a bunch of 1/1 attack and chump blocked others until dragon time)
10. Dragons vs Humans = Win (opponent overextended, I cleared board with jund charm, beat him down with elves and wurmy)

Overall Result: 8 wins 2 losses

-pretty damn good for a sub-par deck, though I must admit that a couple opponents were not awesome players with one guy running 70 card deck, and another guy would attack before laying zombie lord or forget to attack before casting mutilate
Someone else had to do it; 10 Games in a row With... Deadwalkers!

On the Draw vs. 72-card CotMD - Win
On the Play vs. 65-card FW - Win
On the Play vs. 60-card DW - Loss - My double-Doom Blade opener looked sweet until.....
On the Play vs. 60-card AG - Win
On the Play vs. 61-card MotD - Win
On the Play vs. 62-card CotMD - Win
On the Play vs. 61-card MotD - Win
On the Play vs. 60-card MotD - Loss - Necropolis Regent into Stolen Identity gets out of range of all my removal.
On the Draw vs. 69-card AG - Win
On the Play vs. 68-card AG - Loss - Guy draws like a Boss, we both end up topdecking, and he rips back-to-back Seraph of Dawn to negate my aggro resurgence and finish the game over the top; Rage-inducing loss.

Overall: 7-3
Just added deck win percentages; I counted Grunthex's "draw" as a loss because it wasn't a win or an actual draw.

That being said, Grunt, would you mind playing another game with SH so I could amend the results? I don't want to measure draws unless they are "true" draws (e.g. Flamebreak-style). In the event of a DQ where no clear winner is evident, just pretend the game didn't happen and move on.

Go ahead and consider that draw a loss -- I played one more game with it shortly thereafter, with the same build, and that was a loss.  It was vs. EtD, though I of course have no game notes.

And you faced both DW and AG three times each; I need to start drinking Brazilian Booze... Brahma, maybe?

Blah Felb you beat my record! (Shakes fist in anger, quiet admiration.)

Thanks for doing the stats Hakeem. Also lol at GL win percentage. I love it.

I'm working on beating your record with CMD now. Wish me luck (or not).

Also thought I'd take a shot at Deadwalkers. I'm really new to this deck and have no idea how to play it. Tried my best. Overall went 7-3. Several different opponents, most for about 2 games (except for a loss to a 98 card deck dfkgh.kghskj;vmsd,/hns; GOD HELP ME and another guy who was 66+ who I left after the win.)

WINS:
2 vs AG
2 vs MMZ
2 vs MoD
1 vs HS

LOSES
2 vs AG
1 vs DW (mirror, the 98 card deck)

Overall thoughts: It's hard to get the curve right with this build? I have so many 4 drops, a lot of games I feel all jammed up in my hand. Also, playing AG is a nightmare (at least for me, just learning this deck.) All those tokens really gimp this deck's removal (though I suppose that's true for all the other decks too) and make it hard to muscle through with a zombie swarm. My (probably novice) build is below:

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Mike's DW"

A library for the Liliana 2014 deck (Deadwalkers)

60 Cards. 37 nonlands (25 creatures, 12 spells). 23 Lands (23).

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #191411; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  8 cards 
 Creature ■■ Diregraf Ghoul  2/2   
■■■ Gravecrawler  2/1   
 Spell ■■ Reanimate   
 Vampiric Tutor   
   cost  10 cards 
 Creature ■■■ Black Cat  1/1   
■■ Butcher Ghoul  1/1   
 Spell ■■■ Doom Blade   
■■ Sign in Blood   
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature  Death Baron  2/2   
■■ Fleshbag Marauder  3/1   
■■ Geralf's Messenger  3/2   
■■ Lord of the Undead  2/2   
   cost  9 cards 
 Creature ■■ Abattoir Ghoul  3/2   
 Liliana's Reaver  4/3   
■■■ Undead Warchief  1/1   
 Spell  Mutilate   
■■ Tendrils of Corruption   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature  Grave Titan  6/6   
 Mikaeus, the Unhallowed  5/5   
 Spell  Corrupt   

erdana; font-size:9px">Made with MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
Open this library in the planner.

Unused (34 cards)
   1x Bloodghast
   1x Consuming Vapors
   1x Corrupt
   4x Cruel Revival
   1x Death Cloud
   1x Demon of Death's Gate
   2x Endless Ranks of the Dead
   1x Exhume
   1x Farbog Boneflinger
   1x Grave Betrayal
   1x Grave Pact
   1x Grave Titan
   1x Gravespawn Sovereign
   1x Grim Return
   3x Nightmare
   1x Quest for the Gravelord
   2x Rise of the Dark Realms
   1x Shrivel
   1x Soul Bleed
   3x Staff of the Death Magus
   1x Veilborn Ghoul
   1x Vial of Poison
   2x Walking Corpse
   1x Zombie Apocalypse

Locked promos (3 cards)
   1x Avatar of Woe
   1x Death Cloud
   1x Graveborn Muse

I'm working on beating your record with CMD now. Wish me luck (or not).

haha, good luck! Someone's gotta win with that deck ;)
So I just went 0-10 with Enter the Dracomancer. Though it was mostly due to mana screw/mana flood and with a gimped, untested build so I don't know if you want to bother including the results or not.

Game 01: ETD vs CMD (Loss)
Game 02: ETD vs MM (Loss)
Game 03: ETD vs MM (Loss)
Game 04: ETD vs DW (Loss)
Game 05: ETD vs AG (Loss)
Game 06: ETD vs CMD (Loss)
Game 07: ETD vs SH (Loss)
Game 08: ETD vs ETD (Loss)
Game 09: ETD vs FW (Loss)
Game 10: ETD vs MoD (Loss)

Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.

I, Garren, will knock you all down!

You played it, you posted it, you get credit for it!
I figured today was my lucky day for Green decks, so I tried to improve CMD's record. Here's the result:

vs MMz (64-play-mull to 5): loss
vs FW(61-play-no mull): win
vs CMD(86-draw-no mull): win
vs AG(67-draw-no mull): win
vs CMD(75-play-no mull): win
vs HS(64-draw-no mull): win
vs AG(79-draw-no mull): win
vs HS(60-play-no mull): win
vs MMz(60-draw-mull to 6): win
vs CMD(75-play-mull to 6): win

Didn't got the perfect score, but at least my name will be there in the OP (at least for now). Funny facts:

1. My games with HS were in the afternoon, and my opponents played 60-card decks most of the time. My games with CMD were close to midnight and I saw all sorts of trainwrecks.

2. 8 of my 9 wins came in the back of Avenger of Zendikar.

3. I'm pretty sure I could've won match #1 if I had started with 7 cards in hand. Mull to 5, though, is not a good place to be.

Not sure if I have to post my list, since it's pretty standard for the deck (you can't go very wrong with it right now). Just make sure you don't play Khalni Heart Expedition, Exploration and Grazing Gladehart. I see these cards very often in my opponent's board and I'm never sad.

EDIT: just to make things clear, play/draw means my status in the match.

Returning form self-imposed exile after my 0-10 defeat with Dracomancer I decided to give one of the 'Big 3' a shot. So Mind Maze it was!

Game 1 vs Firewave - WIN
Three Gossamer Phantasm and a Mind Controled Firewing Phoenix tore across the skies and killed him in record speed. He didn't cast a single burn spell during the entire match. Let's see if that luck can hold out!

Game 2 vs Chant of Mul Daya - WIN
Counterspelling his Primeval Titan, Mind Controling his Pelakka Wurm and Phantasmal Imageing his Artisan of Kozilek would have been enough to justify anyone rage quitting. To his credit he stuck through it as I crushed him with is own creatures.

Game 3 vs Chant of Mul Daya Rematch - WIN
Pretty much the same only this time two early Gossamer Phantasm dealt most of the damage while my Oracle of Mul Daya (courtesy of Phantasmal Image) allowed me to counter pretty much everything. I even got to hard cast Force of Will!

Game 4 vs Avacyn's Glory - WIN
After I gave his Champion of the Parish a case of crippling Claustrophobia I got Chronozoa out with a Lord of the Unreal. After I Canceled Avacyn, Angel of Hope he quit out.

Game 5 vs Firewave - WIN
A showcase of what a lack of restraint will do to you. He dropped burn like it was going out of fashion (seiously he used Flame Slash on Jace's Phantasm on turn one). By the time Chronozoa hit the field he was all spent and was overwhelmed in timegerm goodness.

Game 6 vs Guardians of Light - WIN
Standard operating procedure. Phantasmal Image on Lord of the Unreal + Unsummon anything with an aura on it. It was over in no time.

Game 7 vs Masks of Dimir - WIN
I should have lost this one. After about 20 mins of back and fourth I was on 2 life with nothing on the field but 11 Islands, he was on 7 life with a Vengeful Vampire with an Illusionary Armor in it. I say GG and wait for the blow. He dosn't attack! The Dip is taunting me! I draw Divination, Mind Control and Counterspell. Steal the Vamp, counter the Spinal Embrace, crush the taunting idiot. Also I had to Cancel Smog Elemental at one point to save my Chronozoa. That will be the only time the Elemental was ever useful.

Game 8 vs Guardian's of Light - WIN
He plays an 80 card deck. He's on turn 5 before he casts anything. It went about as well as expected. His last gambit was getting Indestructibility and Pariah on one of his useless creatures. Unsummon crushed that dream and caused him to quit. I drank his tears.

Game 9 vs Chant of Mul Daya...again - WIN
Bear + Lord + Image + Image = Done

Game 10 vs Avacyn's Glory - WIN
The guy RQ before even accepting his hand cause he would to muligan once and didn't get his beloved Champion of the Parish + Gather the Townsfolk combo (I assume). Cry some more you massive weeping feline.

So yeah 10-0! I made a leaderboard! Whoo! Party at my place! No I'm not telling you where it is. Why would I do that? You'd drink my scotch and mock my smoking jacket. I know your type!

Edit: Fixed about a billion spelling mistakes. Derp.

Just finished up 10 with EtD. Didn't do as poorly as a though. Took poor notes so we shall see how much I remember. All games were against different people, and I didn't record deck size

Games 1 - 4: Deadwalkers (2 Wins, 2 Losses) - First four matches and I go up against four different people playing DW, but whatever. Did better than I expected. Got rolled over by Grave Pact on my two losses. One win I got Broodmother out and created enough chumpblockers to eventually wear him down. Other win the dude Deathclouded the either board and I topdecked into Explosive Veg followed by the 7/7 haste dude for the win

Game 5: Masks of the Dimir (Win) - Dude got mana flooded and couldn't removed a T5 10/10 Predator Dragon.

Game 6: Enter the Dracomancer (Loss) - Dude complained about getting a poor hand (Still had all seven cards though) but ended up with T5 and T6 Broodmothers. Topdecked into a Maelstorm Pulse but it was too little too late.

Game 7: Chant of the Mul Daya (Loss) - My opponent and I dubbed this match "rampfest 2013". Both of us ramped way up. Both at 20 life with only a Farhaven Elf on the board. I drop Hellkite Overlord and swing for 8. He drops It That Berays and swings with the Elf. I'm thinking I'm just going to swing, eat the damage next turn and then win, but Eldrazi Conscription comes out of nowhere and that's the game.

Game 8: Mask of the Dimir (Win) - After a little bit a me dropping creatures and him responding with answers, I manage to get out Dragon's Roost which eventually pumps out enough creatures to win the game.

Game 9: Chant of the Mul Daya (Win) - Dude takes a two land hand without any ramp and pays for it. I think all he managed to drop before Predator Dragon ran him down was an Oracle.

Game 10: Enter the Dracomancer (Win) - Both ramp up, my Hellkite Overlord steals all his dragons and I alpha strike. Pretty cut and dry.

Overall is 6-4, which is waaaay better than I was expecting. I actually found myself with enough mana pretty much every match, which does not happen often.  
Alright, I have no life so I played another 10, this time with Firewave:

1. FW vs HS = L
2. FW vs FW = W
3. FW vs EtD = W
4. FW vs DW = W
5. FW. DW = L
6. FW vs AG = W
7. FW vs DW = W
8. FW vs GoL = W
9. FW vs AG = W
10. FW vs CotM = L

Overall Result: 7 wins 3 losses.

Sorry no commentary this time, the games weren't very exciting. I nuke their dudes and attack with my dudes.
Two-part challenge here: 1. trim my DW deck to 60; 2. see if it's any good.

And, yeah, Deadwalkers: I'm not saying this will prove much. It's obviously a top-tier deck. But, hey, I went 3-7 in my last go-around, so give me a break.

1. vs. HS (76). Oh, man, I'm facing either the worst deck ever or the worst Magic player ever. He never even gets a creature on the board. Six-turn shutout. WIN

2. vs. MM (67). Same guy. And he's not the worst player ever. But he needs to tune that first deck. LOSS

3. vs. DW (61). New guy. Boring mirror match. WIN

4. vs. DW (61). Same guy. Boring mirror match. LOSS

5. vs. DW (70). New guy; I've got to get away from DW ... and I end up with DW. Bleh. WIN

6. vs. MM (60). I got curb-stomped in this one. Maybe my deck can't handle MM? LOSS

7. vs. FW (70-something). This was actually pretty fun. Direct damage vs. zombie horde. Very quick game. WIN

8. vs. FW (same). Same guy. And this time, he quits after missing a drop. He should have stayed with it; my hand was mostly land. WIN

9. vs. DW (high 60s). Oh, for crying out loud; more DW. This time, my Grave Pact is the difference. WIN

10. vs. Slivers (60). This is embarrassing. I got sort of cocky after getting a bit of board advantage. I'm totally not paying attention (I'm actually reading at this point) when Double Strike Guy gets on the board. I attack and get crushed. He's able to mop up after that. LOSS

Final result: 6-4. Conclusions: not many. My deck still needs work; I need to pay attention. DW is solid.
I have access to Vigor but didn't use it. I find it too slow. I have used a rather fast deck with some 5 mana finishers and a couple of 6.

Perhaps with Vigor, a lit more luck and skill, I could do a little better, but as you mentioned it, not more than 60%.
Whereas I made 90% using GoL with luck, certainly, but I have still 11 cards to unlock, which means I started the 10 rounds with 20 cards to unlock ! Plus I made all the deck tuning myself, I don't remember to have read a single forum thread on GoL.

Now, I'm playing MM which seems to me almost as strong as the 2 mono whites and the mono black. And then I'll test your Dracomancer deck build which appears promising. 

Did you try my build yet? I'm interested to know how it goes.
few notes...we talked about being mana flooded, you will always be mana flooded with this build, and never mana screwed...but you have dragon roost, flameblast, helkite to utilize this+you will notice how all the land thinning increases your chances of getting a bomb (+your cyclers are now decent creatures).

I have some strategy notes from my experience:
mulligan: condition for first mulligan is to take if seeing a path to 3 mana+green, after that...I don't see a way you will get mana screwed. don't afraid to take a mulligan with not a single bomb, they will come later.

1st-2nd turn:
belongs to thalid+dragon lair+teramorphic+cyclers.
your main decision is whether to hold back the cyclers hoping to cast them as creatures later on.

3rd-4th turn:
sometimes you will have to play your control cards,
but I usually like to cultivate preparing for my first bomb turn, you will get better targets or more targets for your control cards the next turn.
4th turn is a bomb, you can start clearing the board(or use the wurm ability to prepare for that), or play 2 cards, or play one of your 4+ drops, it is a fun turn.

5th turn:
belongs to a board sweep or deffensive creature (think about throwing a decoy if you suspect opponent removal, because they had no targets or one thus far).

late game:
play your cards might hold back one bomb back if you have a board advantage and afraid of a sweeper. still, most of your cards gives you hard decisions (form of the dragon, dragon roost, mother, predator, flameblast, jund, consume strength, hellkite).
for hellkite you need to take mountains after reaching 2-3 forests, 2-3 swamps.

good luck! tell me how it went, and if you have notes about the build (although, majority of the cards are just auto includes)

Next up is AG: 7-3

1. vs. SH - Loss
2. vs. FW - Loss
3. vs. CotMD - Win
4. vs.  AG - Loss
5. vs. EtD - Win
6. vs. SH - Win
7. vs. AG - Win
8. vs. AG - Win
9. vs. AG - Win
10. vs. AG - Win

The last four mirror games against different opponents.  Maybe game 7 and 10 against the same but cant remember as I didnt record it. 
Mind Maze: 7-3.

Funny how I lost to weaker decks (HS and SH) and won the top 3 (GL, AG and DW). Mono blue can beat any deck but can lose to any too...

1. Dimir: Win
2. Mirror: Win
3. SH: Win
4. SH: Loss
5. AG: Win
6. HS: Loss
7. GL: Win
8. DW: Win
9. HS: Loss
10. GL: Win        

Did you try my build yet? I'm interested to know how it goes.
few notes...we talked about being mana flooded, you will always be mana flooded with this build, and never mana screwed...but you have dragon roost, flameblast, helkite to utilize this+you will notice how all the land thinning increases your chances of getting a bomb (+your cyclers are now decent creatures).

I have some strategy notes from my experience:
mulligan: condition for first mulligan is to take if seeing a path to 3 mana+green, after that...I don't see a way you will get mana screwed. don't afraid to take a mulligan with not a single bomb, they will come later.

1st-2nd turn:
belongs to thalid+dragon lair+teramorphic+cyclers.
your main decision is whether to hold back the cyclers hoping to cast them as creatures later on.

3rd-4th turn:
sometimes you will have to play your control cards,
but I usually like to cultivate preparing for my first bomb turn, you will get better targets or more targets for your control cards the next turn.
4th turn is a bomb, you can start clearing the board(or use the wurm ability to prepare for that), or play 2 cards, or play one of your 4+ drops, it is a fun turn.

5th turn:
belongs to a board sweep or deffensive creature (think about throwing a decoy if you suspect opponent removal, because they had no targets or one thus far).

late game:
play your cards might hold back one bomb back if you have a board advantage and afraid of a sweeper. still, most of your cards gives you hard decisions (form of the dragon, dragon roost, mother, predator, flameblast, jund, consume strength, hellkite).
for hellkite you need to take mountains after reaching 2-3 forests, 2-3 swamps.

good luck! tell me how it went, and if you have notes about the build (although, majority of the cards are just auto includes)

Thank you for all these good tips, my friend.

I have just finished the 10 rounds of MM, a deck I love. Now on with Dracomancer ! First I have to unlock cards in order to use your deck.   

I have just finished the 10 rounds of MM, a deck I love. Now on with Dracomancer ! First I have to unlock cards in order to use your deck.   

You poor poor man. No one should have to play Dracomancer. You have my condolences...

You poor poor man. No one should have to play Dracomancer. You have my condolences...

Smile

I have the ambition to up the win % of Dracomancer, which is presently lame. My coach and deckbuilder has provided me with all the necessary tools...
Now, on to one of my top decks: MD.

MD vs. FW - Loss.
MD vs. MM - Win.
MD vs. SH - Loss.
MD vs. MD - Win.
MD vs. CMD - Win.
MD vs. MD - Win.
MD vs. MM - Win.
MD vs. MD - Win.
MD vs. DW - Loss.
MD vs. HS - Win.

My first loss was against a 100 card deck (literally, 100 cards) while stuck at 3 mana for about 10 turns.  My loss vs. SH was against a god hand/draw that would have beaten any deck at any time outside maybe DW.  Speaking of DW, seems like I have to see/lose to it once every 10 games at the very least.  So close to going 8-2!  But I'll take 7-3 with any deck any day.

7-3. 

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

@HenWen   9-1 is pretty impressive with FW, would you mind posting your build? :D

Per your request

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Starter"A library for the Chandra 2014 deck (Firewave)60 Cards. 36 nonlands (15 creatures, 21 spells). 24 Lands (24).
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(242, 59, 41); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  8 cards 
 Creature â� â� â�  Goblin Arsonist  1/1   
â� â�  Grim Lavamancer  1/1   
 Spell â�  Flame Slash   
â� â�  Pillar of Flame   
   cost  5 cards 
 Creature â� â� â�  Kiln Fiend  1/2   
 Spell â�  Searing Spear   
â�  Wild Guess   
   cost  9 cards 
 Creature â� â�  Chandra's Phoenix  2/2   
â�  Chandra's Spitfire  1/3   
 Spell â�  Browbeat   
â�  Flamebreak   
â� â�  Flames of the Firebrand   
â� â�  Sulfuric Vortex   
   cost  6 cards 
 Creature â�  Cyclops Gladiator  4/4   
â�  Firewing Phoenix  4/2   
 Spell â� â�  Chandra's Outrage   
â� â�  Furnace of Rath   
   cost  5 cards 
 Creature â�  Magma Phoenix  3/3   
 Spell â�  Cone of Flame   
â� â� â�  Lava Axe   
   cost  1 card 
 Creature â�  Inferno Titan  6/6   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  2 cards 
 Spell â� â�  Disintegrate  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
erdana; font-size:9px">Made with MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
Open this library in the planner.
Unused (36 cards)
   2x Bloodpyre Elemental
   2x Crimson Mage
   2x Final Fortune
   2x Fire Elemental
   2x Fire Servant
   3x Fireshrieker
   1x Flame Wave
   1x Flameblast Dragon
   1x Hostility
   1x Inferno
   4x Pilgrim's Eye
   2x Regathan Firecat
   1x Relentless Assault
   1x Reverberate
   1x Seismic Assault
   1x Skarrgan Firebird
   1x Slith Firewalker
   3x Staff of the Flame Magus
   1x Stalking Vengeance
   1x Stormblood Berserker
   3x Torch Fiend

Locked promos (3 cards)
   1x Browbeat
   1x Cone of Flame
   1x Disintegrate

It is basically a modified Felbatista build, I took out fire servants and added some other stuff in.  Usually you try to go for the fast win, but the deck is capable of grinding out wins.

My win-loss ratio is largely a function of my opponents  . . .  if I had played more against DW or AG, I would not have done as well.

3 Lava axes may seem excessive, but disintegrate is the only other burn that does serious damage to the dome, and I am usually forced to use them in the early game for creature removal. 

Now for #3 in my SS...GL:

GL vs. CMD - Win.
GL vs. MD - Win.
GL vs. MD - Loss.
GL vs. MM - Win.
GL vs. CMD - Win.
GL vs. AG - Loss.
GL vs. AG - Win.
GL vs. SH - Win.
GL vs. EDM - Win.
GL vs. SH - Win.

GL rocked it!  One of my best decks since the beginning and it did not disappoint in the least.  This is with a 23 land build I switched to the other day. I'll post the build in the GL thread later on.  The most impressive part about this is I mulled down to 6 4 different games and still had sub-par hands.  With the early creatures and extra draws it was able to come back nearly every time.  On top of that I played on the draw at least 6 games.  I wish I had counted, but it was certainly the majority and very well could have been more than 6.  Just goes to show how much better this deck is than a lot of the others that almost have to start on the play to have a chance.  I really don't think they did that good of a job balancing out the decks this year compared to last.

8-2.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Since my last 10 games were disqualified, I did 10 more as Masks of the Dimir.

Game 1 - vs Garruk - win - I gasp his troll and hit his next fatty with the demon. 

Game 2 - vs Garruk - win - I threads his 3/3 guy, and he proceeds to load up his hexproof wolf with two auras.  I get ghastlord up and put followed footsteps on him.  If he had rancor this game would have been different, but I was able to outplay his one big creature. 

Game 3 - vs Garruk - win - I have a slow start with only two ravenous rats and a sprite, but last gasp showed up and helped me kill a 4/5 baloth.  My opponent discarded two lands for the rats.  The 6/6 landfall baloth showed up, I stolen identitied it without imprinting, because although I had a flying sprite he had a spider standing guard.  My 6/6 token is killed by hunt the weak.  Things are looking grim, but the horror shows up and takes care of his baloth.  We are at rough board parity, and I am able to get stolen identity back from my graveyard to copy dunrova horror to remove the spider and swing in with my sprite. 

Game 4 - vs MM- win - Threads on jace's phantasm plus my sprite trade with his bear, and I gasp his 3/4 illusionary servant.  The next creature he drops is the 2/3 blind phantasm but he is out of gas at this point.  I block the phantasm with ravenous and chittering rats.  Neither player casts a spell for a few turns untiL I drop the guildmage.  He tries to copy it but I have a demon.

Game 5 - SH - win - my opponent is severely mana screwed and casts nothing

Game 6 - DW - loss I incorrectly send both last gasps at the same messenger at the same time, my plan had been to revive it via beacon and then imprint stolen identity, the plan miserably failed.

Game 7 - DW - loss  I block the 3/2 first striker ghoul with my ghastlord while my opponent has a vial of poison on the table.  First time I have ever seen that card and I wasn't paying attention.  He drops nightmare, and despite digging 25 cards deep into my library I can't find an answer

Game 8 - DW - win - I miss 2 land drops and my opponent gets grave titan out while I am on 4 land.  Luckily I draw a land and beacon his nightmare into play, which he cruel revivals.  His titan swings once, but I draw a second island and spinal embrace it to achieve board parity.  The rest of the game lasted a loong time, I tried to put footsteps on archaeomancer but he promptly topdecked removal.  Eventually the avatar and stolen identity showed up. 
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Game 9 - CotMD -loss - my opponent ramps into a turn 3 elvish piper and I have no removal.  One turn too late, I draw into a time ebb that could have at least stalled him for a turn.

Game 10 -  CotMD - win - my opponent misses quite a few land drops after his oracle meets last gasp

Overall 7-3.  On the one hand, I made mistakes in two of those losses, on the other, my opponent was not a first rate player or deckbuilder.
Here goes. If any of you have paid attention to my posts in other threads you knew this would be Flamewave as my first gauntlet.

1- vs Slivers. He quit when I Reverberate a Seeing Spear to the face with a Spitfire in play. 13 damage was too much and he ran away to cry. WIN
2-vs. MM. No surprise here. I remove everything as it dies on target, even getting a 3-for-1 with a Flames. Fire Servant sealed the deal. WIN
3-vs. Humans. He builds up a sizeable army while I remove a few key humans and do little to the face. A Fire Servant allows me to Flamebreak everything and allows the 4/2 Phoenix to swing for the WIN.
4-vs. Dimir. He drops 2 Moroii which ends up hurting him a lot. He Time Ebbs my Kiln Fiend and swings to put me at 2. I replay Fiend, hit a Pillar and Final Fortune on same turn. A Cone of Flame (3 to him) and Fiend attacking into his tapped Moroii WINS.
5- vs. Humans. He gets me to 4 while he's at 6. I Reverberate a Flamebreak. DRAW
6- vs. Auras. He gets an indestructible flyer and I concede. LOSS
7- vs. Hunter's Strength. Now this was the oddest move I've seen in 3 versions of DotP. I'm on the draw. He passes turn. Passes turn again. I'm ready to concede because after mulliganing to 5 I have nothing to deal with a turn 3 Grave Titan.... he discards Brawn! I mean, I understand that trample is cool, but this loss of tempo was crucial. I sulphuric vortex at that point and my lavamancer had done a small amount of damage. I completely ignore the oakenformed Tusker he eventually gets out. After he Hunt the Seals my mancer, he dies to a hasty Hostility on a tapped out board. WIN
8- (same guy) vs. Dragons. I reverberate his Cultivate to ramp into Hostility. He ramped into Hellkite Overloard. Lava Axe later and 5 3/1s were too much LOL. WIN.
9- vs. Dragons. I Final Fortuned after he tapped out for a Kilnmouth (?). Play Fire Servant and do lethal damage next turn. WIN
10- vs. MM. I'm stuck at 2 land till turn 7. I flamebreak for the suicide. LOSS

Overall FW was 7-2-1. Pretty much a 75% which is where I expect it to be after the extensive playing I've done with this deck.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

As AG is getting a bit left behind in numbers here, I'll give it a whirl for my third run.

Game 1 vs 62-card DW on the play - WIN
Rather perfect example of why this deck is so nuts. For the first 4 turns I had nothing to play outside of Honor of the Pure, having been stuck with a hand full of 5-drops. Then Champion of the Parish appeared, and I followed him up with Increasing Devotion, which was followed by another Honor of the Pure, and Angelic Overseer, and before my opponent knew what was happening he was well and truly dead.
1-0

Game 2 vs 63-card AG on the play - WIN
More craziness, this time on the other end of the mana curve. I played Champion of the Parish, Champion of the Parish, Gather the Townsfolk, Oblivion Ring on Fiend Hunter (getting one of the Champions back), and Mikaeus the Lunarch for 2. Opponent dead on turn 5. I only ever drew 3 lands.
2-0

Game 3 vs 65-card AG on the draw - WIN
Even more siliness. Gather the Townsfolk and Honor of the Pure gave me the early advantage, and an Angelic Overseer closed the game out. Completely by the numbers win.
3-0

Game 4 vs 89-card MMz on the draw - WIN
Not sure what this guy was doing with his build, but he got 3 Islands and all he ever played was Phantasmal Image copying Grand Abolisher, Frost Breath and Jace's Phantasm. Up against a Thraben Doomsayer/Goldnight Commander engine, it wasn't enough. That being said, it wouldn't enough up against HS with a couple of Kalonian Tuskers.
4-0

Game 5 vs 61-card GL on the play - WIN
GL ran into its normal problem: if the opponent can keep its creatures off the field, or otherwise incapacitate them, the deck is rendered completely toothless. Angelic Overseer did the rest.
5-0

Game 6 vs 64-card CMD on the draw - WIN
More craziness. My opponent drew tons of ramp and a Pelakka Wurm, but that got sent into an Oblivion Ring. Then he ramped into an Artisan of Kozilek, which got sent on a Path to Exile. Meanwhile, two Mentor of the Meek gave me cards. Lots and lots of cards. Angelic Overseer appeared to land the finishing blow once again.
6-0

Game 7 vs 61-card Dimir on the draw - LOSS
Excellent player, this one. I got completely outplayed this game, with my opponent timing his discard perfectly to catch my bombs and then taking over the match with Threads of Disloyalty on Thalia, Ghastlord of Fugue, and Avatar of Will. Spinal Embrace on my Restoration Angel only served to shave a turn off the game.
6-1

Game 8 vs 61-card ETD on the draw - WIN
Nothing game. Opponent didn't play anything but land, giving my twin Champion of the Parish free reign to smash his face in.
7-1

Game 9 vs 60-card CMD on the play - WIN
Almost as bad as the last game, to be honest. Twin Champions again, but this opponent got a Farhaven Elf early so he could at least chump block. He proceeded to ramp into an Ulamog's Crusher, which immediately got hit with a Path to Exile. My opponent, having tapped out for the Crusher, could only watch my humans swing in for lethal.
8-1

Game 10 vs 60-card MMz on the play - WIN
MMz really is just a roll of the dice sometimes. You get Lords, you win. You don't get Lords, you lose. My opponent did get any Lords until around the fourth of fifth turn. By then I had Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, a Champion of the Parish, a Fiend Hunter, and waiting in my hand were all three Honor of the Pure. The game was over by the time I played the second.
9-1

And there we go. No surprises, really. Avacyn's followers ran all over the rest of the field, and it took a really good Dimir player to beat them.

Speaking of Dimir vs. AG...I had 2 epic games where I was down to 1 HP vs. AG while playing MD and came back ftw.  I love MD, such a fun deck to play!!

Draco, quick, edit your post before you give the "MotD is the new Crosswinds" guy any ammo! :p

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Draco, quick, edit your post before you give the "MotD is the new Crosswinds" guy any ammo! :p

Lol.  Too late now!

Since I was testing out Lifeline decided to just do 10 in a row with Slivers.
While I am very excited with the results, Lifeline never mattered (only even saw it in my hand twice).

#1 SH (draw) vs GoL(60)
While he managed to get Pacifism on 3 of my slivers...it does not help much against that deck...
Result - Win

#2 SH (play) vs DW (100)
 Yup...100 card deck.  I only started with 2 lands, and it took 3 turns to get my 3rd.  However, he played slowly, and my card of the series Armageddon won it for me.
Result - Win

#3 SH (draw) vs AG (60)
This was against a top 10 player on the iPad leaderboard...not sure how.  He started with a 1 land hand (no mulls).  I was a bit slow to start as well...but, as we both got lots of creatures out (he had nothing with flying)...I got the BoneScythe Sliver and the Thorncaster Sliver and played the card of the day Armageddon and he quit as I was doing my final attack.
Result - Win

#4 SH (play) vs CotMD (60)
This was a close one...right up to the point when I was attacking for lethal, and he tangled me.  Next play was All is Dust which pretty much ended it.
Result - Loss

#5 SH (draw) vs AG(60)
A first for me...the first time I've (ever) seen anyone play Angel's Mercy.  Didn't help...another Armageddon (rage?) quit.
Result - Win

#6 SH (draw) vs DW (64)
I was pretty slow out, he got lots of lands, but not many creatures.  Enter the Armageddon once I had a Thorncaster Sliver and...once again, a quit as I was doing my final attack.
Result - Win

#7 SH (play) vs DW (63)
Decided to keep a weakish hand due to wanting to play lifeline...never got the chance.
Result - Loss

#8 SH (play) vs DW (63)
Same guy as game #7.  He only seemed to have removal in his hand...but I had more creatures than he had removal.
Result - Win

#9 SH (play) vs CotMD(60).
On turn 2, he played his thrid land, the eye.  On turn 5, he played his 4th land...by this time, I had a huge advantage (he only had Scute Mob...so...you guessed it...Armageddon and, another (rage?) quit.

#10 SH (Draw) vs DW (70)
Never got to play much of anything...DW was quick this time, and SH slow.  I had a plan...but corrupt runied everything.
Result - Loss

Overall...7-3 with Slivers, playing DW 5 times and AG twice.
I'll take that anyday!

Still undecided around lifeline...I'll need to actually get to play it (and see if it wins for me)....Right now, I'm leaning towards taking it back out...but 10 games is not a large enough sample to decide... 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Sign In to post comments