10 Games in a row With.....

310 posts / 0 new
Last post
because I've only missed 3 of the rares that i dont care about; and there is no variety other than what ends up in your rare slot

2 + 2 = fish

dunna dun dun is wrong sound

it's dun dun dun da da da da da dun; also this sound goes before "another ones gone; another ones gone; another one bites the dust" not after 

2 + 2 = fish

Removed quite a bit of personal attacks and baiting, both of which are against the Code of Conduct.

company.wizards.com/conduct

Let's keep it civil. 
10 matches with GoL. Overall record 8-2. Eight different opponents. All 60 card decks, except for the GoL mirror (68) and Deadwalkers (both matches), which was 69, and also both of my losses.
Wins:
1 vs. CMD
1 vs. GoL (68 card deck, mirror)
2 vs MMZ
1 vs MoD
1 vs FW
1 vs AG
1 vs SH

Losses:
2 vs Deadwalkers (69 card deck, same player both times)

Some notes:
Surprised I won so many. Lots of rage-quits, some close matches. Losses to Deadwalkers were blowouts though. I got ROLLED. Just never in the game, couldn't keep anything on the board, couldn't stop its threats, etc. Between Gravecrawelrs and Flesh-sacrifice guys and Gerlaf's messenger and doom blades and tendrils, I just got smoked. I'd say it's GoL's worst matchup, but I guess we'll see as Hakeem builds the list! Also, super-embarassing to lose to someone with a 69-card deck. ENRAGING!

My decklist used, in case anyone's curious:

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Mike's GoL"A library for the Ajani 2014 deck (Guardians of Light)60 Cards. 37 nonlands (18 creatures, 19 spells). 23 Lands (23).
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(184, 158, 135); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  19 cards 
 Creature ■■■ Ajani's Sunstriker  2/2   
■■ Blade of the Sixth Pride  3/1   
■■■■ Kor Spiritdancer  0/2   
 Spell ■■ Daybreak Coronet   
■■ Divine Favor   
■■■■ Pacifism   
■■ Spirit Mantle   
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature  Auramancer  2/2   
■■ Mesa Enchantress  0/2   
■■ Skyhunter Skirmisher  1/1   
 Spell  Griffin Guide   
 Pariah   
   cost  8 cards 
 Creature  Ajani's Chosen  3/3   
 Dawn Elemental  3/3   
 Seraph of the Sword  3/3   
 Spell ■■ Angelic Destiny   
■■ Armored Ascension   
 Retether   
   cost  1 card 
 Spell  Sigil of the Empty Throne   
   cost  2 cards 
 Creature  Admonition Angel  6/6   
 Spell  Final Judgment   
erdana; font-size:9px">Read about MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
Open this library in the planner.
Unused (35 cards)
   1x Armored Ascension
   1x Aura of Silence
   1x Auramancer
   1x Auratouched Mage
   1x Blade of the Sixth Pride
   1x Celestial Mantle
   2x Dawnstrike Paladin
   1x Divine Favor
   1x Divine Transformation
   1x Evangelize
   2x Guardian's Magemark
   1x Healer of the Pride
   2x Idyllic Tutor
   1x Indestructibility
   1x Lifelink
   2x Nomad Mythmaker
   1x Purity
   2x Seasoned Marshal
   1x Seraph of the Sword
   2x Serra's Boon
   2x Staff of the Sun Magus
   2x Three Dreams
   2x Totem-Guide Hartebeest
   2x True Conviction
   1x Unquestioned Authority

Locked promos (3 cards)
   1x Armored Ascension
   1x Greater Auramancy
   1x Sigil of the New Dawn

Love this thread, thanks Hakeem!

I like this idea...finally got a chance to start - this was on iPad....couldn't resist starting out with Dimir...

MoD (draw) vs AG (67)...he kept one land...and didn't draw one before my rats came out...he rage quit when I bounced him down to 3 lands...
Result = Win

MoD (play) vs AG (100!)...again with the Champion of the Parish on the first turn...but this one had more than one land...he quit when I got him topdecking, and had stolen his Champion...
Result = Win

MoD (play) vs AG (100!)...got matched up with him again...100 cards get the mana screw...never got that 3rd land...
Result = Win

MoD vs (play) vs EtD (66)...it's not AG, so..that's a great start...the one was actually fun...but I stole all the dragons...
Result = Win

MoD (play) vs HS (69)...the tusker is the only target for threads of disloyalty and its sweeter when he's got oakenform on...but i never got the second island...
Result = Loss

MoD (play) vs HS (70)...same guy (i lost to a HS that's still being unlocked?)..rats..rats...rats...
Result = Win

MoD (draw) vs MoD (100)...wow...Dimir with 100 cards...first time I've seen the whale...Reins of power let me kill him with it...
Result = Win

MoD (play) vs CotMD (100)...4 games, 3 different players all with 100 card decks? Easy win...he discards It that betrays as his first discard, and quits when I play Beacon of Unrest on turn 6...
Result = Win

MoD (play) vs AG (60)....first 60 card deck this round! of course...it's AG....i got crushed
Result = Loss

MoD (play) vs AG (60)...another AG...mull to 6 with 2 lands and get stuck there for a bit...the bit was long enough for him to kill me
Result = Loss

Overall 7-3
Analysis.
I played some weak players (100 cards 4 times) and AG alot (5). Likely do FW next time...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

I'm Baaaaack.

I played almost 100 games this weekend.  Why do I bother buying other games?

Set #7?: 10 games in a row with ... Mind Maze!

Game 1: MM vs. AG:

Lots of illusions.  Lots of exiling.  Solution?  Play more illusions.  Result?  More exiles.  I eventually run him out of cards and drop Sphinx of Magosi whose card draw takes over the game.  WIN.

Game 2: MM vs. MM:

Good illusion/lord build up, much stalemate.  He finds a mist, I don't have a counter.  LOSS.

Game 3: MM vs. MotD:

He carefully doesn't tap out for a bit, but when I Image a guildmaster, he figures I'm out of gas, and taps out once.  Lord+Image land, and take over.  WIN.

Game 4: MM vs. MM:

This was a counterwar.  He wasn't as smart, countering phantasm and illusory servant, while my 2 got an image that would have been a lord, and a Mist.  WIN

Game 5: MM vs. HS:

Predator Ooze + Rancor sucks.  Fortunately, Unsummon x2 beats it hands down.  WIN

Game 6: MM vs. CoMD:

He ramps too slow, I get super aggro draw on the play.  T5 WIN.

Game 7: MM vs. CoMD:

Quite the opposite (different player, of course).  He ramps fast, I have a slow hand, he Chants all over me.  LOSS

Game 8: MM vs. MotD:

Best game of my set, I think.  Long game, his Necropolis Regent and 2 guildmages face off against my bunch of small illusion flyers held up by a lord.  Eventually he kills the lord, we trade a bunch of stuff off, and he wins the topdeck, taking the game at 1 life.  LOSS

Game 9: MM vs. DW

Lord T2 invites a Fleshbag to get rid of it, but Force of Will was waiting.  Image lands, and I do the illusion thing.  WIN.

Game 10: MM vs. DW

Just too many zombie lords!  Including, unfortunately a Death Baron, so all my super illusions fall to deathtouch.  LOSS.

Overall: Mind Maze goes 6-4.  Not very satisfying, and yet my losses were fair losses, so I guess it was fair. 
Guardians of Light.

I have noted the number of cards of my opponent's deck.

AG (80) - Win
MoD (60) - Win
Mirror match (65) - Win
MoD (60) - Win
CoM (60) - Win
SH (72) - Win
AG (61) - Loss
SH (60) - Win
CoM (60) - Win
Mirror match (60) - Win

Final score : 9-1

GoL really rules. At the end of the 10 rounds, I still had 11 cards to unlock !!     
Had some fun with FW...overall 9 and 1...

#1 FW (play) vs AG(61) - AG did what AG does best...tons of creatues and 2 overseers...quick game
Result - Loss

#2 FW (play) vs  EtD(66) - Fire Servant + 2 Lava Axe = quick win
Result - Win

#3 FW (draw) vs FW(62) - first of 2 mirrors.  He never touched me...
Result - Win

#4 FW (draw) vs CotMD(87) - this was actually close, but, with spitfire, was able to power up and fly before he took me down (which would have been on the next turn)
Result - Win

#5 FW (play) vs CothMD(87) - the only rematch I did...he quit during his second turn.  AI did nothing.
Result - Win

#6 FW (play) vs DW(62) - he didn't play anything but land till turn 4, then tried a tendrils of corruption but I had vortex out...kept trying to gain life...didn't work
Result - Win

#7 FW (play) vs SH(70) - Seismic Assault + spitfire + allowing me to draw with browbeat = Win
Result - Win

#8 FW (play) vs DW(60) - first and only 60 card deck I faced.  Got the vortex out on turn 3, which killed his lifegain.  He quit during his upkeep with 2 life left.
Result - Win

#9 FW (play) vs MM(80) - this one just played poorly...keep toasting everything he put out there...
Result - Win

#10 FW (play) vs FW(63) - for those following at home...when I have cards, you are at 10 life, and I have a Fire Servant...maybe not the best time to play Furnace of Rath - but my Lava Axe said thanks.

Overall...some bad players...only 1 60 card deck...but, I do like FW...
Guess I'll do HS next, and bring myself back down to earth...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

10 with CoMD. Faced one 67 card deck, the rest 60. CoMD is my worst deck, by a decent margin (I think my own win rate with it is barely above 50%). Overall record 6 and 4, which about as good as I expected. Played ~ 8 other people

Wins:
1 vs HS
2 vs CoMD (mirror)
1 vs SH
2 vs FW

Losses:
1 vs. MoD
1 vs. DW
1 vs HS
1 vs MMZ

Overall notes: Some close games that game down to topdecking, but overall these results feel "right." Thinking about dropping some of the oracles from my deck, since I never get any ramp out of them anymore now that there are 3+ titans to draw from, but not sure what to replace them with. My build:

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Mike's CoMD"A library for the Mul Daya 2014 deck (Chant of the Mul Daya)60 Cards. 35 nonlands (17 creatures, 18 spells). 25 Lands (25).
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(89, 92, 61); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  12 cards 
 Spell ■■■■ Explore   
■■ Khalni Heart Expedition   
■■■■ Rampant Growth   
■■ Tangle   
   cost  4 cards 
 Creature ■■■■ Farhaven Elf  1/1   
   cost  4 cards 
 Creature ■■■ Oracle of Mul Daya  2/2   
 Spell  Harmonize   
   cost  4 cards 
 Creature ■■■ Primeval Titan  6/6   
 Vigor  6/6   
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature  Avenger of Zendikar  5/5   
■■■ Pelakka Wurm  7/7   
 Spell ■■ All Is Dust   
 Tooth and Nail   
   cost  2 cards 
 Creature ■■ Terastodon  9/9   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  2 cards 
 Spell ■■ Green Sun's Zenith  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
erdana; font-size:9px">Made with MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
Unused (37 cards)
   2x Artisan of Kozilek
   2x Bountiful Harvest
   1x Dramatic Entrance
   2x Eldrazi Conscription
   2x Elvish Piper
   2x Exploration
   1x Eye of Ugin
   1x Fierce Empath
   4x Grazing Gladehart
   2x Into the Wilds
   2x It That Betrays
   2x Khalni Heart Expedition
   1x Pathrazer of Ulamog
   1x Plow Under
   1x Rites of Flourishing
   1x Scute Mob
   2x Sporemound
   2x Summoning Trap
   2x Ulamog's Crusher
   1x Vastwood Hydra
   1x Vengevine
   2x Woodborn Behemoth

Locked promos (3 cards)
   1x All Is Dust
   1x Fierce Empath
   1x Gaea's Revenge

Hunter's strength

First 6 games I played a higher curve version that basically sucks.  I just hate the creature, creature, OVERRUN!!!!!! style that the deck seems to force. 

vs AG- win - champion champion and he is on the play, but then he misses a land drop.  My tusker holds the line while I drop a predator ooze.  A stalemate ensues until I draw into overwhelming stampede using regal force (drew me 7 cards). 

vs AG- loss- different player, kicks my ass with 2 mana.  Easily.   MY garruk's companion is outmatched by elite inquisitor and I have a slow hand.  My opponent drops mikaeus and puts bonds of faith on inquisitor, quickly putting it out of reach of my creatures.  I hope to hold the line with a troll but it gets exiled.  A second troll also gets exiled.  I draw into all three of my sorcery speed pump spells and they do me no good.

vs DW - loss - I mulligan to 5 with 2 land, 2 ramp spells and pulse of the tangle.  I then proceed to draw 4 more land and 2 tuskers.  While pulse served me well I was overrun by the zombies.

The next 3 games were played against Wint3rst0rm

vs DW - loss - I started with an acceptable hand with 3 lands, but then proceed to draw all three of my seven drops in a row.   I do not get another land until turn 7 or 8.  This is in a deck with 25 land and 4 ramp spells.

vs DW - win- He has a defensive start and so do I.  Eventually I get regal force into overwhelming stampede.

vs SH - loss- My tusker plugs away at him while my huntmaster (courtesy of green sun's zenith) gets double shocked and rampaging baloths get pathed.  I have no answer to megantic sliver and he takes the win. 

Afterwards I removed the ramp and radically adjusted the mana costs.  The deck still sucks.

The next 4 games were played against Drogo

vs EtD - loss- I accept a hand that probably has too much mana at 4, and then proceed to draw 4 more land in a row.  Drogo's thallids face down my tusker.  Drogos dragons beat my face down. 

vs SH - loss- I draw about 8/10 lands.  My 2 and 3 are unable to attack into an army of first-striking slivers.  Once the second predatory sliver hits I am the one who gets overrun.

vs GL- loss- I mulligan down to 6 with 5 lands and elephant guide.  When I see a spiritdancer hit the table, I sense the end is nigh.  It does its thing, and I die.

Overall results:  2-8.  I played maybe 6 games with this deck before this best of 10, and I have had enough for a lifetime. 
My time with HS worked out MUCH better than expected.  Overall 5-5 (better than my current 38% average).

HS (draw) vs MoD (73) - ooze + rancor...he never got a chance to bounce it
Result - Win

HS (draw) vs MM (69) - he only needed 2 lands (and 3 lords) to take me down quickly.
Result - Loss

HS (draw) vs AG (70) - math was not strong with this one...if he had kept attacking, he would have had me...but, he went into protect mode.  Which was killed by a stampede
Result - Win (my first win ever with HS vs AG!)

HS (draw) vs MoD (60) - I was top decking before I had my 4th land out.  Stayed alive long enough to bramble his only island...but it was not enough
Result - Loss

HS (draw) vs SH (64) - first of 2 against the same person.  Great match...top decked a stampede for the win
Result - Win

HS (draw) vs SH (64) - 2nd against him...he got me on turn 6
Result - Loss

HS (draw) vs CotMD(60) - he played exploration on the first turn, but only dropped 1 land.  When I won on turn 6, he still only had 3 lands
Result - Win

HS (play) vs CotMD(60) - same guy as above...he did ramp this time, and avenger destroyed me.
Result - Loss

HS (draw) vs AG (60) - got an ooze out, which was quickly exiled.
Result - Loss

HS (draw) vs MM (87) - I'm not sure why he never blocked me...but, it allowed me to win quicker than expected.
Result - Win

Overall...with 4 of the matches against the big 3 (winning 2 of them) I'm very pleased with the overall results.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

I fell asleep putting my little girl to bed last night and didn't get around to compiling the data; here's to hoping I make it out of the room tonight.....
SH isn't quite as bad as FW or CMD...but still not my favorite by any means...

SH vs. CMD - Loss.
SH vs. HS - Loss.
SH vs. FW - Loss.
SH vs. SH - Win.
SH vs. AG - Win.
SH vs. DW - Win.
SH vs. CMD - Win.
SH vs. SH - Loss.
SH vs. AG - Loss.
SH vs. CMD - Loss.

I've started with my worst decks working up...so far it is has been right on.

4-6. 

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Enter the DracomancerDeadwalkersloss
Enter the DracomancerHunter's Strengthloss
Enter the DracomancerChant of Mul Dayawin
Enter the DracomancerEnter the Dracomancerloss
Enter the DracomancerChant of Mul Dayawin
Enter the DracomancerChant of Mul Dayaloss

Enter the DracomancerHunter's Strengthloss
Enter the DracomancerDeadwalkersloss

Overall 2-8

Man, is this deck depressing to play. You're always hoping for topdeck after topdeck to save your bacon, you need to get enough lands, enough ramp, correct colors, enough removal/chumps AND your threats (that have to stick) and even then your opponent might just have stronger bombs than you. 
I'm starting to think that archwing dragon will be must run just to have something to save yoru bacon vs the green and blue decks.

2 + 2 = fish

And for my next steaming pile...HS

HS vs. AG - Loss.
HS vs. HS - Loss.
HS vs. GL - Loss.
HS vs. GL - Loss.
HS vs. MD - Win.
HS vs. FW - Win.
HS vs. MD - Loss.
HS vs. AG - Loss.
HS vs. SH - Loss.
HS vs. MD - Win.

About 3 of my losses if I started the game on the play I probably end up winning.  Still, this deck can't truly compete.

3-7. 

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

A small write up.
To prove Cow right, because that is very important of course, I decided to run HS.
I have a witness.

Game 1 vs MoD:   WIN  - Early trampleia and an Ooze keeps him pretty locked down and he's not willing to chump with his Guildmage when he had a chance to make a difference.

Game 2 vs Chant:  Lose  -  I have 35 life thanks to Primeval Bounty, a 9/9 Sentinel Spider thanks to Elephant Guide and Vigor, a 3/3 Beast token and two 5/5 Tuskers and Overrun in hand. Tuskers blocked and got bonus but Overrun would not win the game with only the Spider, Vigor and the token.
Enter All is Dust and me drawing nothing but mana the rest of the game. I ended up with 5 more forests than him as I died.  LoL!

Game 3: AG  -  Win! - Overextends and I have a Tusker, Rancor, Bountiful is out. Double up Rancor, Enlarge... do serious damage and he misses his math, swings for all and leaves me with 4 life, him tapped out and no cards in hand. Swing for the massive win.

Game 4: MM  -   Win! -  Drew out his counters, took a lot of damage until my double Rancored Troll kept pushing through for the regeneration win.

Game 5: DW  -  Lose.  -  Way too much removal for my creatures. (Played well. I love DW).

Game 6: GoL  -  Lose.  -  Got close... once. Flying lifegain rips me a new one.

Game 7: DW  -  Win!  -  Hah!!!!

Game 8: HS  -  Win!  -  Ooze/Rancor/Enlarge/Overrun......

Game 9: MoD  -   Win!  -  This was against Karstien. I'll let him complain about his mana flood.    Tongue Out

Game 10: DW  -  Lose........ again. Nothing more to see here folks. Move along now.

All in all this deck was very efficient in what it wanted to do. I may not have drawn some cards I would have liked to see but there was smooth consistancy in what I did. DW's removal is VERY hard to deal with.

HS:   6 Wins, 4 Losses.

Here's the build I ran.

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Running Wild"A library for the Garruk 2014 deck (Hunter's Strength)60 Cards. 36 nonlands (17 creatures, 19 spells). 24 Lands (24).
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(4, 66, 45); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  5 cards 
 Spell ■■ Prey Upon   
■■■ Rancor   
   cost  10 cards 
 Creature  Fauna Shaman  2/2   
■■ Garruk's Companion  3/2   
■■■ Kalonian Tusker  3/3   
 Spell ■■■■ Nature's Lore   
   cost  5 cards 
 Creature  Leatherback Baloth  4/5   
 Predator Ooze  1/1   
 Spell  Elephant Guide   
 Oakenform   
 Pulse of the Tangle   
   cost  5 cards 
 Creature  Brawn  3/3   
■■ Cudgel Troll  4/3   
 Fangren Firstborn  4/2   
 Master of the Wild Hunt  3/3   
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature  Bellowing Tanglewurm  4/4   
 Sentinel Spider  4/4   
 Spell ■■ Enlarge   
■■ Overrun   
 Overwhelming Stampede   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature  Rampaging Baloths  6/6   
 Vigor  6/6   
 Spell  Primeval Bounty   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  1 card 
 Spell  Green Sun's Zenith  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
erdana; font-size:9px">Made with MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
Unused (37 cards)
   1x Beastmaster Ascension
   1x Biorhythm
   3x Bramblecrush
   1x Craterhoof Behemoth
   1x Decree of Savagery
   1x Enlarge
   2x Eternal Witness
   1x Garruk's Companion
   1x Garruk's Horde
   3x Gloomwidow
   2x Hunt the Weak
   1x Living Hive
   1x Oakenform
   1x Overrun
   2x Prey Upon
   1x Primalcrux
   1x Protean Hulk
   1x Rampaging Baloths
   2x Regal Force
   1x Revive
   2x Sacred Wolf
   1x Savage Summoning
   2x Sentinel Spider
   3x Staff of the Wild Magus
   1x Wurmskin Forger

Locked promos (3 cards)
   1x Crush of Wurms
   1x Terastodon
   1x Vorapede

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Another day.  Another 10 in a row.

Everyone's done it already, but 10 in a row with... Firewave!

Game 1: FW vs. CoMD: Pound on him a bit early, drop a Sulfuric Vortex after the All is Dust, and finish with a Lava Axe.  WIN.

Game 2: FW vs. FW: He ran a 64 card deck with 2 Pilgrim's Eyes.  I curved out.  Yeah.  WIN.

Game 3: FW vs. AG: Guy was too afraid to attack his 1/1s into my phoenix for too long.  Like letting me get to 7 mana, too long.  Furnace/Flamebreak, a phoenix hit in the air, then a Lava Axe/Searing Spear next turn, took him from 24 to 0.  WIN.

Game 4: FW vs. DW: I keep a slow hand with no exile, he aggros all over my face with undying zombies.  LOSS.

Game 5: FW vs. COMD: Early Vortex plus Spitfire + a bit of DD, burnout before he gets going.  WIN

Game 6: FW vs. SH: He likes to ramp.  He never finds anything to ramp into, playing 1 blur sliver all game.  I gladiator'd plus various stuff.  WIN.

Game 7: FW vs. HS: Kiln Fiend + some spells vs. 1 creature at a time is bad news.  WIN.

Game 8: FW vs. SH: He ramps to 7, and drops his slivers 2 at a time.  I shrug, and Flamebreak/Titan them.  WIN.

Game 9: FW vs. CoMD: I furnace and lava axe him to 2, with very little way out for him I can see since I have Flames in hand.  He plays Gladeheart, Gladeheart, Land, Land, crack Khalni for 2x land and sits at 18.  I say "Oh".  LOSS.

Game 10: FW vs. AG: Long game, but he uses some removal a bit too agressively (fiend hunter on a lavamancer early), and I survive the initial rush with some 1 cmc spells then a Flamebreak.  Eventually goes crazy, a Furnace + Magma phoenix boardwipe takes me down to 3, but seismic assault holds the tide until I Fire Servant/Lava Axe in one turn for the win.  WIN

Overall: FW goes 8-2.  Firewave is NOT an 8-2 deck.  But my opponents tonight weren't very good mostly.  A win's a win!
Finished my run with FW:

vs CMD: loss
vs CMD: win
vs DW: win
vs EtD: win
vs HS: win
vs SH: win
vs MMz: win
vs CMD: win
vs DW: loss
vs MMz: win

Final result: 8-2

Surprised with no AG, although I faced DW 2 times and MMz 2 times. The loss against CMd was due to me keeping a very bad hand for no reason, and in the one against DW I had a very good hand, but the guy went turn 6 GT, turn 7 Mike and I can't beat that no matter what.

Other than that, game 7 was going to be against Drogo, but some glitch happened and I had to restart the game (sorry, Drogo).

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Huh, looking at this page alone, maybe I lied?  Neosilk, Felbatista and I all went 8-2 or better with FW.  Maybe it *IS* an 8-2 deck!
Huh, looking at this page alone, maybe I lied?  Neosilk, Felbatista and I all went 8-2 or better with FW.  Maybe it *IS* an 8-2 deck!

Just don't say this to Nebula

But yeah, I think FW is an 8-2 deck. Ok, maybe 7-3, but it's around there.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Devil: Flooded like you wouldn't believe! I had 3 lands in my hand and 8 on the field that game...
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I uh... did another one.  Last one, I promise.  The only two I didn't two are the two mono-green, and I'm avoiding green decks until I learn to reset the favorite color thing.

Presenting 10 games in a row with ... Masks of the Dimir.

Game 1: MotD vs CoMD: I force 4 discards by T4, but he ramps into a weak Eldrazi (Ulamog's Crusher).  I Followed Footsteps it, using some of my rats to chump/sac until I get my own copy.  Then the turn after, I Beacon of Unrest his It that Betrays.  Seeing his own combo, he concedes.  WIN.

Game 2: MotD vs. CoMD: This guy ramps well.  But not smart.  Vs. an active guildmage, he leaves a single card in hand as Primeval Titan.  He soon thereafter loses to Moroii beats.  WIN.

Game 3: MotD vs. DW: Good game!  Followed Footsteps earlyish on Undead Warchief helps me stem the horde.  4 times during the game, I last Gasp a Lord of the Undead (he kept bringing them BACK).  he keeps my guildmages dead too.  I eventually slog it out with the help of a Beacon'd Dinrova Horror and the last last gasp killing his lord while I kill the gravecrawlers.  He doesn't find a zombie to bring them back, and I beat him to death.  WIN.

Game 4: MotD vs. DW: He hits hard early, we "stabilize" with me at 6 life, him at 16.  He has a gravecrawler, I have a stolen Bloodghast, neither of which can block.  I countersquall a corrupt, and he concedes.  Not even a rage quit, we were chatting.  AI would have beat me 3 turns later but... WIN.

Game 5: MotD vs. FW: He mulls to 4 land, I play a swamp, he concedes.  WIN

Game 6: MotD vs. FW (piloted by Henwen): Did you know that Goblin Arsonist/Grim Lavamancer is a vicious control combo?  He uses them for the whole game to keep me off balance, and picks away at me.  By the time I stabilize, an Inferno Titan blows in for the win.  LOSS (dang forumites, breaking my win streak!)

Game 7: MotD vs AG: Honor of the Pure + a bunch of tokens.  I get a number of good rat trades, but he just keeps making more.  LOSS.

Game 8: MotD vs DW: I think he has the basic, no unlocks deck.  It's a slow game, but inevitably I take over.  WIN

Game 9: MotD vs MM: T4 Lord/Image combo, I concede.  LOSS

Game 10: MotD vs MM: I prevent the combo, but he has Too Many Fliers, and I get no kill spells or fliers.  Rats sit there helpless.  LOSS.

Overall: MotD goes 6-4.  It was 5-0 until Henwen was a meanie.   This is about where this deck belongs.
FW has been getting too much of a win/ loss ratio, so I decided to lower it using my incredible skillz.

Game 1 vs: CotMD - win - I get chandra's spitfire, grim lavamancer, and furnace on the table before my opponent makes any big plays, and he ragequits.    Despite a pellaka worm roadbump played by the AI the spitfire goes to town and finishes him.

Game 2 vs: MotD (piloted by Grunthex) - win - Grunthex denies me several draws via chittering rats, but I slowly chip away with a lavamancer and goblin arsonist.  He has no removal and they keep doing work until fire titan finishes him via its EtB. 

The remaining games were against the same player, whose ID I will not mention per forum rules.  His decks were tuned to 60 but were not optimal.

Game 3 vs: CotMD - win - I get lavamancer and kiln fiend.  Spore mound meets searing spear.  Chandra's spitfire joins the party.

Game 4 vs: CotMD - win - I get kiln fiend, chandra's spitfire, and furnace.  I outrage his titan and my team swings in once for the kill. 

Game 5 vs: CotMD - win - My offensive line of double goblin arsonist and one lavamancer is joined by sulfuric vortex.  He gets double oracles but they do not stop the onslaught.  After the win, my opponent tells me he has double gladehearts in hand. 

Game 6 vs: AG - win - My kiln fiend is stopped in its tracks by gather the townsfolk.  Chandra's phoenix only gets to swing once before getting exiled by path.  I drop magma phoenix and sulfuric vortex, he drops more 2/2s.  I opt to detonate my phoenix, and a few more activations of vortex plus a pillar of flame to the face finish him off

Game 7 vs: AG - win - I relish my hand with a flamebreak.  Thalia shows up but is deterred by an arsonist, until the arsonist gets pathed.  Flamebreak finds three weenies and my opponent is out of gas.  Furnace and two axes finish the deal.

Game 8 vs: Garruk- loss - I accept an opening hand calculated for AG, luckily I draw a kiln fiend AND a spitfire.  They both get preyed upon by a beast token, with prey upon being recurred by eternal witness.  Magma phoenix holds down the fort while I hope to draw into some burn, but I am forced to exhaust my burn (two flames of the firebrand) on a rampaging baloth.  He then fetches primalcrux with green sun's zenith.  Finally, I cast browbeat, and target my opponent, who cheerfully draws three cards.  I would have lost anyway without this silly mistake.

Game 9 vs: Garruk - win - I get fiend and spitfire down again and both get pumped by chandra's outrage for some explosive damage.  My opponent's two garruk's predator thingies and tusker get hit by burn and lavamancer, and my team swings in a second time for the kill.

Game 10 vs: Garruk - win - Searing spear stops rancor shenanigans on his companion.  I use flamebreak on his lone 3/1 wolf in fear of auras, and drop a gladiator with furnace backup.  My suspicions about auras prove correct when he drops a beast token and pumps it up to 6/6, but its a moot point as I draw my fifth mana for a lava axe finisher. 

Overall - 9 wins 1 loss.

Other than that, game 7 was going to be against Drogo, but some glitch happened and I had to restart the game (sorry, Drogo).

Yeah, that was probably my fault.   As we started I decided I should be using random deck so I went to change it just as you started the game.    I think that is what caused the crash.    Too bad, it is nice to play against the other forum members, I was looking forward to it. 

In an effort to make Hakeem's life even harder...I did this with SH.

#1 SH(draw) vs MM(60)....bear...lord...PI...no chance.
Result = Loss

#2 SH(play) vs MM(60)...he had a good advantage, and then was disconnected (I assume it was not a quit).  Either way, I finished against the AI, which crushed me.
Result = Loss

#3 SH(draw) vs SH(75)...for some reason I dont remember, I took a bad hand and didn't mull...
Result = Loss

#4 SH(play) vs SH(78)...while he was ramping, I was dropping Slivers...
Result = Win

#5 SH(draw) vs Mod(62)...I started with 1 creature...which he killed...by the time the game was over, I never got another.
Result = Loss

#6 SH(play) vs HS(60)...this was against Soaked_AS...I was running well...he dropped bounty...I got him to 2 life, and he cast 3 spells the next turn and ran me over.
Result = Loss

#7 SH(play) vs CotMD(100)...dropped Predatory Sliverx2...then Bonescythe Sliver...gg
Result = Win

#8 SH(play) vs GoL(85)...even an 85 card deck can draw well...and I didn't get my removal
Result = Loss

#9 SH(play) vs CotMD(62)...I was able to ramp quicker with SH then he did...he never got a creature out
Result = Win

#10 SH(draw) vs DW(66)...a well timed Armageddon put him on the ropes with 2 creatures... 
Result = Win

Overall....4-6 

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Yeah, that was probably my fault.   As we started I decided I should be using random deck so I went to change it just as you started the game.    I think that is what caused the crash.    Too bad, it is nice to play against the other forum members, I was looking forward to it. 

Same here. I hope we can play sometime.

Different build with low costing creatures capping out at 5cmc with Overrun and Stampede.  HS Round 2:

HS vs. DW - Win.
HS vs. CMD - Win.
HS vs. MM - Win.
HS vs. SH - Win.
HS vs. CMD - Loss.
HS vs. DW - Loss.
HS vs. MM - Win.
HS vs. FW - Loss.
HS vs. DW - Loss.
HS vs. DW - Loss.

Of course I go against DW 4 freakin' times.  A couple of games I got massively flooded and another stuck at 3 land.  I know at least one of them I win if I'm not screwed.  Again, going on the play vs. the draw seems to mean everything with this deck. That being said I like this build a lot better than the build running the 6cmc creatures.

5-5. 

Different build with low costing creatures capping out at 5cmc with Overrun and Stampede.  HS Round 2: Again, going on the play vs. the draw seems to mean everything with this deck. That being said I like this build a lot better than the build running the 6cmc creatures.

5-5. 

The deck is never going to be great but the swarm/pump build is the strongest version I think.    I'm also convinced that Enlarge is better than Overrun or Stampede.   The deck just doesn't reliably have more than one or two creatures out by turn 5 so Enlarge is usually comparable extra damage plus it is sort of crappy pseudo removal with the forced block so I would reccomend using it if you are using any 5cc pumpers.

5-5 is pretty decent with this deck if you are playing against anyone with the vaguest clue.
Different build with low costing creatures capping out at 5cmc with Overrun and Stampede.  HS Round 2: Again, going on the play vs. the draw seems to mean everything with this deck. That being said I like this build a lot better than the build running the 6cmc creatures.

5-5. 

The deck is never going to be great but the swarm/pump build is the strongest version I think.    I'm also convinced that Enlarge is better than Overrun or Stampede.   The deck just doesn't reliably have more than one or two creatures out by turn 5 so Enlarge is usually comparable extra damage plus it is sort of crappy pseudo removal with the forced block so I would reccomend using it if you are using any 5cc pumpers.

5-5 is pretty decent with this deck if you are playing against anyone with the vaguest clue.

Normally I agree about Enlarge, but my build (which literally runs every creature under 5cmc), about guarantees 3 creatures out before a T5 Overrun which is nearly a game winner every time with 3+ creatures by T5.

Aggro MM, things are finally looking up:

MM vs. DW - Win.
MM vs. AG - Loss.
MM vs. FW - Win.
MM vs. AG - Loss.
MM vs. MM - Win.
MM vs. MD - Win.
MM vs. HS - Win.
MM vs. DW - Loss.
MM vs. DW - Loss.
MM vs. MM - Win.

Of course my 4 losses are against AG and DW.  Including 2 games against MM, I played 7 games against top decks (not counting MD which is a top deck on my SS).  Not too bad at all.

6-4.

I'm making a 10 games now with the dragons, I relly like this deck.
bear in mind that I still have only one mother, and that the 2nd one will replace the 2nd predator. (and still only 3 pulses).

I will write the report as I go.

game 1: vs DW - WIN

epic,epic. turn 1 thalid, turn 2 dragon fodder (and making 1 damage).
turn 3 he had death baron on the pitch, and i could play a jund and a pulse, I decided to attack, and to use the pulse if he doesn't block.
he blocked, so I junded, now I had 3/3 1/1 1/1 in the game, and he had nothing.  turn 4 he played vampiric tutor. I played the elf and cascaded a jund for 10 damage this turn. next turn I pulsed his warchief, which I didn't actually had to do, and won with the dragons on turn 5!

game 2: vs MOTD - WIN

another epic match: turn 3 cultivate, turn 4 behemoth which got 2 last gasps. turn 5 another cultivate. now I had only lands and Karrthus in hand, and 6 lands on the pitch, I discarded lands. next turn I top decked the terrible 4/4 predator dragon. my opponent in his turn SI my predator, and let me keep my card (he should have SI predator+ his 1/1 rat). my last turn I top decked a land and played Karrthus for 23 damage.

game 3: vs CODM - WIN

not epic, but example of why I like this deck, many decisions. first turns not very interesting, we both ramped, and I had the elf and thalid on the pitch for minor damage. I had the wurm and the mother in hand, and decided to play the mother (which is risky). I got him to 3 life, while in the mean while he play an empty summoning trap, and a 4/4 woodborn behemoth. I held back my wurm fearing from All is dust, and play the explosive to thin some lands. next turn he played a land and All is Dust that he might of top decked. I played the wurm, and this guy top decked a Pellaka (damn). I top decked a predator. next turn he went to attack with Pellaka, and ended turn with one card. this guy really thought I won't know he has tangle. next turn i got a dragon lair, and went for 4 damage. 2 turns after he was dead (using tangle on the next turn).

game 4: vs FW - WIN

what a nightmare, this guy was so slow. I started with a hand with thalid, 2 cultivates, and plenty of bombs (hellkite, predato flameblast).
this dude didn't play anything, and kept playing the flames, and cancel. on his 4th turn he played the flames on my thalid. I played the flameblast. 4th turn he made an amazing play: Furnace of Rath. I was so disapointed that I didn't have to play my other bombs to win. 

game 5: vs MOTD - WIN
hard win, he had 2 evil twins, he embraced me once, but in the end he couldn't hand my dragon roost, I had to pulse my own dragon to win.

game 6: vs HS - WIN
hard matchup, he really made a number on me with rancor and early aggresion. I savaged the board on turn 5, leaving him with a 3/1 ooze, the next turn I played broodmate, which I had to block with both of them to survive his enlarged ooze, next turn I got a land and could play Form of the Dragon which actually gained me 3 life, he quit (i guess he decided to skip on Bramblecrush/

game 7: vs HS - WIN
I thought it is going be an easy game when I saw that included the staff in his 73 cards version of HS, and the fact that by the 6th turn he only had Eternal Witness on the pitch. he played quite well afterwards, with Enlarge, and played the Pulse of the tangle nicely. I was with no control cards at all and totally mana flooded, which was quite nice for my Flameblast Dragon. 2 attacks I made this game drained him from his 32 life (yes, I was that mana flooded).
getting tired..

game 8: vs MOTD - win (60 cards)
I had ranger, thalid and elf, and we exchanged blows early game. he was replaced by AI, I thought I have an easy win Flameblast Dragon. but I got sleeped. I thought I have to play Form of the Dragon to survive, I did. and then I played Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund for the final blow, and discovered I could win a turn earlier because he untap my Flameblast Dragon, I didn't know that.

game 9: vs CODM - loss (71 cards)
I was really tired, I think I might have won this game. I was too late to Jund Charm when his antelope got equiped it with Eldrazi conscription, so we will never what will happen if I did. anyway, I started with 6 cards no ramp, and I got Plow under. I was one turn before putting my bombs, and had mana open for the jund.

game 10: vs CODM - win (71 cards again different opponent)
nothing interesting about this game, I managed to put in 3 blows with thalid, 2 blows with behemoth. then he played primeval titan, turn after his avenger, and I finished with  Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund

9-1 record, does my lost really count?

my build is:

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Starter"A library for the Dragons 2014 deck (Enter the Dracomancer)60 Cards. 37 nonlands (20 creatures, 17 spells). 23 Lands (8 8 3; 4 other).
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(71, 53, 41); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
 Land 4 cards 
 Land ■■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  Land 
   cost  4 cards 
 Creature ■■■■ Tukatongue Thallid  1/1   
   cost  2 cards 
 Spell ■■ Dragon Fodder   
   cost  12 cards 
 Creature  Borderland Ranger  2/2   
 Spell  Consume Strength   
■■■■ Cultivate   
■■ Jund Charm   
■■■ Maelstrom Pulse   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature  Bloodbraid Elf  3/2   
 Spellbreaker Behemoth  5/5   
 Spell  Explosive Vegetation   
   cost  1 card 
 Creature  Gorger Wurm  5/5   
   cost  11 cards 
 Creature  Broodmate Dragon  4/4   
■■ Dragon Broodmother  4/4   
 Dragonlair Spider  5/6   
 Flameblast Dragon  5/5   
■■ Igneous Pouncer  5/1   
 Predator Dragon  4/4   
■■ Valley Rannet  6/3   
 Spell  Dragon Roost   
   cost  2 cards 
 Creature  Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund  7/7   
 Spell  Form of the Dragon   
   cost  1 card 
 Creature  Hellkite Overlord  8/8   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  1 card 
 Spell  Savage Twister  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
erdana; font-size:9px">Read about MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
erdana">Unused (36 cards)
   1x Artifact Mutation
   1x Banefire
   2x Borderland Ranger
   3x Crucible of Fire
   1x Dragon Breath
   1x Dragon Fangs
   2x Dragon Fodder
   1x Dragon Roost
   4x Dragonspeaker Shaman
   1x Gorger Wurm
   4x Hellkite Hatchling
   1x Jund Battlemage
   1x Kilnmouth Dragon
   1x Ogre Battledriver
   1x Penumbra Wurm
   1x Predator Dragon
   2x Sangrite Surge
   4x Soul's Fire
   3x Torrent of Fire
   1x Volcanic Dragon

Locked promos (4 cards)
   1x Archwing Dragon
   1x Explosive Vegetation
   1x Maelstrom Pulse
   1x Sneak Attack

+predator & ranger instead of the unlocks. this session made me a record of 40-11 with this build. it is quite balanced with my record with AG,GoL,MOTD and slightly before MM,DW (all above 73%)  HS is behind them(62%), FW is (54%), SH is 34%. 

Hunter's Strength: 5-5

MD: win
CMD: win
Mirror: loss
AG: win
DW: loss
CMD: loss
GL: loss

Hunter's Strength is definitely not a tier-one deck.
Hunter's Strength: 5-5

CMD: win
Mirror: loss
AG: win
DW: loss
GL: loss

Hunter's Strength is definitely not a tier-one deck.

Did you have Vigor and GSZ?
I play on Ipad, and don't have them yet, looks like a big improvment for this deck, if you don't go for the 5 mana finishers (did you go for it, or played the longer version?). anyway, not a top tier deck, I have 60% with it against the weak Ipad players.

I have access to Vigor but didn't use it. I find it too slow. I have used a rather fast deck with some 5 mana finishers and a couple of 6.

Perhaps with Vigor, a lit more luck and skill, I could do a little better, but as you mentioned it, not more than 60%.
Whereas I made 90% using GoL with luck, certainly, but I have still 11 cards to unlock, which means I started the 10 rounds with 20 cards to unlock ! Plus I made all the deck tuning myself, I don't remember to have read a single forum thread on GoL.

Now, I'm playing MM which seems to me almost as strong as the 2 mono whites and the mono black. And then I'll test your Dracomancer deck build which appears promising. 
My Record

Firewave: 6-4

1.  MM - Loss
2.  DW - Win
3.  DW - Win
4.  AG - Win
5.  DW - Loss
6.  DW - Win
7.  GoL - Win
8.  HS - Loss
9.  SH - Loss
10.  MotD - Win

Opening six games against the big 3.  Was seating pretty after game six, but loss games 8 and 9 to very good opponent play. 

Well, I'm a bit slow on my second run, but here it is! Draco presents 10 games in a row with Enter the Dracomancer. Yeah, this will end well... [/sarcasm]

Game 1 vs 70-card HS, on the play - WIN
Well, that's an okay start. A Terramorphic Expanse, Borderland Ranger and Cultivate ensured that I had all the mana I needed, and my deck was kind enough to give me a Dragon Broodmother and the Ogre Battledriver. Meanwhile, my opponent got Predator Ooze and Beastmaster Ascenscion (I'm sure he thought it was a good combo), but the other two creatures he played ate Maelstrom Pulses and my ever-growing army swarmed past his Ooze for the win.
1-0

Game 2 vs 62-card DW, on the play - LOSS
And so it begins... the deck actually performed fairly well. Dragon Roost threatened to steal the game, but with DW's ridiculous removal suite I just couldn't keep anything on the field long enough to even trade.
1-1

Game 3 vs 60-card ETD, on the draw - LOSS
Not a whole lot to report here. I had to mulligan to 5 before I saw a land, while my opponent did not. The difference in card advantage showed, as he drew multiple threats while I did not.
1-2

Game 4 vs 62-card MMz, on the play - WIN
I drew a hand stock full of removal, which turned out to be the right call given the deck I was up against. A first Jund Charm was countered, but the following Maelstrom Pulse made it through to eliminate both a normal Lord and its Imaged counterpart. After that, Banefire, a second Pulse, and Savage Twister conspired to keep everything off the field long enough for my opponent to start top-decking, and for me to resolve Hellkite Overlord. The Dragon Broodmother that appeared after that was just icing on the cake.
2-2

Game 5 vs 86-card HS, on the draw - WIN
Straightforward game. Two Thallids and two Dragon Fodder followed by back-to-back Gorger Wurms was too much for HS to handle given it didn't get anything bigger than a Kalonian Tusker.
3-2

Game 6 vs 94-card CMD, on the play - LOSS
Fracking mana screw! At least I can blame circumstances outside my control for losing to a 90 card noob. Once again I had to mulligan to 5 before I saw a land (and I'm playing 24!), got offered 2 with a Borderland Ranger, Cultivate and a Dragon Broodmother. Figured it was as good as it was going to get, and if I drew a third land I was going straight to 6 and getting the Broodmother into play. Guess what I never drew? Meanwhile, my opponent got to 4 after stalling for 2 turns, put down Elvish Piper, then spammed Eldrazi with it.
3-3

Game 7 vs 60-card CMD, on the draw - LOSS
This was a close one. Once again I was forced to go to 5 before I got a playable hand, and my opponent ramped well to GSZ for 7 and (what else) the Avenger of Zendikar. That thing is ridiculous. I managed to kill it with Banefire, and to my surprise my opponent up and threw All is Dust down immediately afterwards. That was fine by me, as I could then play Dragon Broodmother with less removal to worry about. Then the inevitable happened and an Artisan of Kozilek showed up and resurrected the Avenger, and my fliers were 1 damage short of lethal.
3-4

Game 8 vs 78-card DW, on the play - LOSS
This guy had no idea what he was doing. His deck was built terribly. 18-cards oversized, and set so high on the curve that, at one point, he had 6 lands and 3 cards in hand that he couldn't play. However, a poorly built DW is still far and away better than the best ETD build. I got him down to 12, and had the oppurtunity to come back if my Dragon Broodmother could stick around long enough to produce enough fuel for a huge Predator Dragon. Cruel Revival put an end to that and my hopes of victory.
3-5

Game 9 vs 73-card CMD, on the play - WIN
This game started with a T1 Scute Mob from my opponent, who then ramped well enough for a T5 Primeval Titan. Unfortunately, was a turn too slow, as I was able to absorb the hits until I could throw out a Predator Dragon and a Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, which flew over the top for the kill.
4-5

Game 10 vs 63-card MMz, on the play - LOSS
This was so much closer than it had any right to be. I managed to bait out a couple of counterspells with Cultivate and Maelstrom Pulse, which allowed me to wipe out 2 Lord of the Unreal and a Phantasmal Bear with Jund Charm, then throw down Dragon Roost and start spamming dragons with it. He managed to get a Roil Elemental into play, but I still had a chance to win by using the Roost at the end of his turn, then play Hellkite Overlord on my turn for the 13 damage I needed. Unfortunately I got distracted at the key moment, missed my chance, and afterwards his Elemental took over.
4-6

Not a bad run for this deck. I actually feel that I overachieved here, if anything. No disrespect to bentz and his excellent showing, but this deck is a steaming pile that needs a lot of luck just to be able to compete with most decks. You have to pray you draw your lands, you have to pray you draw your threats, you have to pray that they don't get removed, and you have to pray that you get some removal to get rid of their threats. When it comes together, it works like magic, but it doesn't come together often enough.

I have access to Vigor but didn't use it. I find it too slow. I have used a rather fast deck with some 5 mana finishers and a couple of 6.

Perhaps with Vigor, a lit more luck and skill, I could do a little better, but as you mentioned it, not more than 60%.
Whereas I made 90% using GoL with luck, certainly, but I have still 11 cards to unlock, which means I started the 10 rounds with 20 cards to unlock ! Plus I made all the deck tuning myself, I don't remember to have read a single forum thread on GoL.

Now, I'm playing MM which seems to me almost as strong as the 2 mono whites and the mono black. And then I'll test your Dracomancer deck build which appears promising. 

bear in mind that I play on Ipad, which I'm quite cerain has much weaker players than the platform you play it, so don't expect a 78% with this deck, although you have the 2nd mother which is the strongest card for this deck IMO (this and savage twister), when I got her, I usually throw in a decoy first to get rid of their removal (broodmate dragon is best for this purpse). 
For my next run...EDM:

EDM vs. MD - Loss.
EDM vs. MD - Loss.
EDM vs. GL - Loss.
EDM vs. MM - Loss.
EDM vs. DW - Loss.
EDM vs. DW - Win.
EDM vs. FW - Win.
EDM vs. AG - Win.
EDM vs. MM - Win.
EDM vs. MM - Loss.

Considering I played all games but 1 that are the strongest top 5 decks in the game I don't think I did too bad.  I got lucky in a couple games and unlucky in a couple others...so that about evens out.  Almost won that last one too but couldn't quite make it.  It really is sad how many people play mostly the same few decks.

4-6.

Current stats are up.