10 Games in a row With.....

310 posts / 0 new
Last post
We already have the Random Deck Challenge and the pre-expansion Gauntlet, so I thought I'd throw this one out there as well. Play 10 games in a row with any deck of your choosing and post the results. If we get enough data, we'll have an empirical start to a definitive tier-list. Bonus points to anyone who can stomach SH or HS for 10 games in a row.

Deck Records and Best Runs (current as of post #140)

DW: 22-8 (73.3%) - Best is Grunthex (8-2)
AG: 9-1 (90%) - Best is Grunthex (9-1)
MM: 19-11 (63.3%) - Best is Hakeem928 (7-3)
GoL: 37-3 (92.5%) - Best is Grunthex / ItsTheDukester (10-0)
CotMD: 21-29 (42%) - Best is MCornnell (6-4)
MotD: 25-15 (62.5%) - Best is neosilk (7-3)
FW: 68-42 (61.8%) - Best is neosilk / HenWen (9-1)
EtD: 44-56 (44%) - Best is bentz (9-1)
SH: 29-21 (58%) - Best is Draconarius (10-0)
HS: 61-49 (55.5%) - Best is felbatista (10-0)
I want bonus points and I don't care about my ranking in 1v1 even slightly...HS here I come.

I'll ignore any disconnects and write down opponents deck/win loss.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I am starting to like SH, I'm on it
6 matches down...4 of them DW...sigh. How do you think it is going?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Match 7...enter a fking swamp...
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I will play Dimir for 10 games i guess
Bonus points to anyone who can stomach SH or HS for 10 games in a row.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Slivers, here we come!

Game 1 vs SH - WIN
Nothing to report here. My opponent got stuck on 1 land for the entire game, while I got a decent assortment of Slivers into play.
1-0

Game 2 vs GL - WIN
My opponent quit after his Skyhunter Skirmisher ate a Shock. Turned out that was his only creature. The AI threw 2x Pacifism, stopping my Predatory Sliver and Blur Sliver cold. Fortunately, I was holding a Striking Sliver and a Battle Sliver, which were able to push through for the last 10 damage I needed.
2-0

Game 3 vs SH - WIN
My second opponent to get mana screwed, only on 2 this time. Another win with nothing to report about. I almost feel guilty counting it at all, actually.
3-0

Game 4 vs GL - WIN
I got a Striking Sliver and a Blur Sliver into play early. My opponent replied with a Skyhunter Skirmisher, which immediately ate a Shock. Ajani's Chosen came into play with 2 Blurs and a Striker on the field, which were joined by a Bonescythe Sliver. My opponent only blocked the Striking for some reason, and the other 3 hit through for 12 and the win.
4-0

Game 5 vs SH (once again...) - WIN
Well, the third mirror match of the night. So much for using these to make any sort of empirical tier list. Anyway, this was the first game that made me hate the three-colour nature of the deck, as I got stuck on 3 lands with no Mountain for some time. However, my opponent got it worse, being forced to use a Path to Exile on his own Blur Sliver to get a Forest. After that, he played a Battle Sliver and Predatory Sliver, both of which died to a Fiery Justice. He quit soon afterwards, and the AI repeated his play. By then, though, I had a Battle Sliver of my own so he could only trade with 2 creatures, allowing my Sliver tokens and the Battle to go in for the kill.
5-0

Game 6 vs MM - WIN
Finally, some variety! After the last few games, I was well prepared for a taste of humility here, but it didn't happen. My opponent drew no Lords, allowing me to pick off a Gossamer Phantasm and Phantasmal Bear with Fiery Justice, and forgot about the Mirror Entity, which lost him a Phantom Warrior. A successfully resolved Thorncaster Sliver clinched the deal.
6-0

Game 7 vs HS - WIN
More variety, and another curb stomp battle. The game started off slowly, with my first play being a Blur Sliver that got promptly Preyed Upon by a Kalonian Tusker. After that, my opponent made the mistake of putting Elephant Guide on a Garruk's Companion, which ate the Shock I had accidentally revealed on turn 1. From the the Slivers took over completely, with a Hive Stirrings followed by twin Thorncasters and a Striking Sliver. My opponent, unable to trade in combat, promptly quit and I finished off the AI in short order.
7-0

Game 8 vs HS - WIN
Predatory Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Bonescythe Sliver. Not much a 97 card Garruk can do when it draws nothing under 5cmc aside from a T5 Kalonian Tusker.
8-0

Game 9 vs MMz - WIN
This guy was playing the control version of MMz, I think. As I'm sure is somewhat expected, it's not that good. He did manage to frustrate me with a trio of counterspells and a Mind Control, but I got enough removal to keep him from getting any sort of grip on the game. In the end a horde of Slivers hacked into him for the win.
9-0

Game 10 vs MotD - WIN
My opponent had a fairly poor hand; no discard, and only two Chittering Rats as creatures. Meanwhile, I was able to get two Predatory Sliver and all three Blur Sliver, which maintained a constant stream of damage. When my fifth mana finally appeared and the Thorncaster Sliver I had from the opening hand finally came into play, the game was done.
10-0

So... how many bonus points do I get from going undefeated with SH, Hakeem? Never mind that my luck was ridiculous. And my opponent's had none. Or weren't that good, anyway. And that I only ran into a member of the Big 3 once.

Yeah, I'm taking this with a grain of salt, as well. 
10 Games in a row With..... CotMD:

On the play vs. 81-card AG - Win
On the play vs. 61-card MM - Loss - Lord/Image nonsense.
On the draw vs. 60-card DW - Win
On the draw vs. 64-card HS - Loss - This guy never missed a land drop and went T2 Tusker, T3 Gloomwidow, T4 Tusker+Companion, T5 Overrun. WTF?
On the draw vs. 60-card CotMD - Win
On the draw vs. 60-card SH - Loss - This guy went T1 Striking, T2 Predatory, T3 Blur. WTF?
On the play vs. 60-card FW - Loss - No missed drops into T5 Fire Servant, T6 Lava Axe, T7 Disintegrate was all the damage I took this game.
On the play vs. 73-card MM - Loss - Image on Titan lets him hardcast Temporal Mastery and Twincast it. WTF?
On the play vs. 60-card FW - Win
On the play vs. 60-card AG - Win.

Overall Record: 5-5
10 games with Firewave.

vs AG - Win
vs DW - Win
vs AG - Win
vs FW - Loss
vs MM - Loss
vs DW - Loss
vs EDM - Win
vs DW - Win
vs AG - Win
vs CMD - Win

Total: 7-3                    

10-0 with SH, Draconarius - color me very impressed. Cool
10 games with HS. All opponents were 60 card decks. 4 different opponents total. 8 wins, 2 losses.
Wins:
1 vs HS (mirror)
1 vs MD
5 vs CoMD
1 vs MMZ

Losses:
1 vs. MD
1 vs SH

This kind of win streak is unusual for me, but I feel like a mediocore CoMD build/player is a good matchup for HS, so that might be why I have so many wins in this run of 10?

Posting build below. I think this is what I ran, plus or minus a gloomwidow or sacred wolf. Note the locked Green Sun's Zenith, which was unlocked for me as of Sat. morning EST.

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">"Mike's HS deck "A library for the Garruk 2014 deck (Hunter's Strength)60 Cards. 36 nonlands (21 creatures, 15 spells). 24 Lands (24).
erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid rgb(4, 66, 45); border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  7 cards 
 Spell â� â� â� â�  Prey Upon   
â� â� â�  Rancor   
   cost  8 cards 
 Creature â�  Fauna Shaman  2/2   
â� â� â�  Garruk's Companion  3/2   
â� â� â�  Kalonian Tusker  3/3   
 Spell â�  Revive   
   cost  9 cards 
 Creature â� â�  Eternal Witness  2/1   
â�  Gloomwidow  3/3   
â�  Leatherback Baloth  4/5   
â�  Predator Ooze  1/1   
â� â�  Sacred Wolf  3/1   
 Spell â�  Elephant Guide   
â�  Pulse of the Tangle   
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature â�  Brawn  3/3   
â� â�  Cudgel Troll  4/3   
â�  Fangren Firstborn  4/2   
â�  Master of the Wild Hunt  3/3   
 Spell â� â�  Hunt the Weak   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature â�  Bellowing Tanglewurm  4/4   
 Spell â�  Enlarge   
â�  Overwhelming Stampede   
   cost  1 card 
 Creature â�  Vigor  6/6   
 [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m]  cost  1 card 
 Spell â�  Green Sun's Zenith  [/m]m="hp://ommny.zad.om/e/all/modle/om/foe_e/mley/zad/_mana.pn" al="" />[m] 
erdana; font-size:9px">Read about MysteriousMisterP's deck planner.
Open this library in the planner.
Unused (37 cards)
   1x Beastmaster Ascension
   1x Biorhythm
   3x Bramblecrush
   1x Craterhoof Behemoth
   1x Decree of Savagery
   2x Enlarge
   1x Garruk's Horde
   2x Gloomwidow
   1x Living Hive
   4x Nature's Lore
   2x Oakenform
   3x Overrun
   1x Primalcrux
   1x Primeval Bounty
   1x Protean Hulk
   2x Rampaging Baloths
   2x Regal Force
   1x Savage Summoning
   3x Sentinel Spider
   3x Staff of the Wild Magus
   1x Wurmskin Forger

Locked promos (4 cards)
   1x Crush of Wurms
   1x Green Sun's Zenith
   1x Terastodon
   1x Vorapede

Hunter's Strength here we go!

Results - 5 wins 5 losses.

Match 1 - MotD.

Nothing to see here, easy win since he had no creatures. Win.

Match 2 - CoMD

He gained more life than I could take with his gladehearts and then slammed me with 2 Eldrazi. Loss.

Match 3 DW

It begins...loss due to mana flood and recurring messengers.

Match 4 - DW

Loss due to zombies.

Match 5 - DW

Loss due to more zombies. Loss

Match 6 - DW. Win due to protean hulk Win.

Match 7 - EtD...nah, just kidding. It was DW.

Win due to the colours bleeding into one making me believe I was playing DW too. Visited optician after match. Win

Match 8 - CoMD

Was genuinely shocked to see a green land fall opposite me, and proceeded to draw 7 more for myself. Loss due to flood and overwhelming gratitude. Sent opponent flowers.

Match 9 - DW.

Ahh, as I suspected, the last guy must have chosen the wrong deck or something. Mull to 6 and keep 3 forests and 3 companions. Draw a prey upon, 3 more forests and an overwhelming stampede. Win.

Match 10 - DW

Dumbest opponent ever, plays soul bleed then Doomblade on my only creature. Stalemate begins as I start drawing creatures, he wrests the board from me forcing me to block with all my guys against a mickey'd army that comes back with a grave Titan, leaving me with a 2/1 and a 3/3.

Swings with only the Titan next turn at my 10 life, I let it through...top deck my brand new green suns zenith...pull tangle wurm...swing for 2 unblockable. Win.

Now that is over, I'm going to eat done skittles, make a collage of a rainbow and cut myself, because I really need some colour in my life.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
10 games in a row with HS -

Game 1 - HS d. MD
Game 2 - HS d. MD (different player)
Game 3 - HS d. DW
Game 4 - HS l. MM
Game 5 - HS l. DW (I could have won this game but for a last turn misplay)
Game 6 - HS l. GL (I got blown out and put 2 Bramblecrush in my deck after this)
Game 7 - HS d. MD
Game 8 - HS d. MD
Game 9 - HS d. MM (they were a little land-screwed and Bramblecrush tried to keep it that way...at least it drew out counterspells)
Game 10 - HS d. GL

Total record: 7-3.   
The decks I faced where mostly the weaker ones but I still managed to lose a lot. The deck usually performs better and I don't think I made any relevant mistakes. Played against 8 different guys I think, one had a 62 card deck the others had 60s

1.) win vs Sliver Hive: Guildmage, Mind Rot, Lobotomy, 2 Last Gasps. Won after some stalling
2.) win vs Sliver Hive: more stalling, he was at 4 lands (1 of each though), won after playing Dinrova Horror and 2 Evil Twins 2 turns later
3.) loss vs Masks of the Dimir: Didn't have anything to handle his Moroii. In the end he had 8 life and a Moroii, I had 4 Life, a Dinrova Horror, 2 Guildmages and a Last Gasp but apparently he topdecked a Countersquall
4.) win vs Masks of the Dimir: I played Threads of Disloyalty on a Sprite and an Eviltwinned Guildmage, he did some stupid stuff like playing Followed Footsteps on the Evil Twin and Time Ebbing his own Sprite
5.) win vs Deadwalkers: kept a questionable hand, he started with 2 Diregraf Ghouls but ran out of time with his Vampiric Tutor, then Grim Returned my Chittering Rats. I played a Ghastlord of the Fugue followed by a Stolen Identity which won me the game
6.) loss vs Avacyn's Glory: Champion, Gather the Townsfolk, Honor of the Pure. Managed to stabilize but he had a Restoration Angel. Not cool.
7.) loss vs Chant of the Mul Daya: Could have played turn 5 Beacon on his Artisan of Kozilek but didn't draw the 2nd Swamp + Avenger of Zendikar managed to live even though I had 2 Last Gasps in hand
8.) loss vs Firewave: kept a hand with 2 Islands, Guildmage and Sprite but didn't draw a Swamp for the entire game. He was able to resolve a Sulfuric Vortex
9.) win vs Sliver Hive: not much going on here, I was able to play Lobotomy on his Predatory Sliver after he searched for it via Survival of the Fittest (do that eot you ****). I did win somehow, didn't write it down
10.) win vs Masks of the Dimir: Slow game, I built up a big card advantage through Guildmage, Divination and Discard. Won with Ghastlord and a Chittering Rats

6-4

The deck i used:

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Starter"

A library for the Dimir 2014 deck (Masks of the Dimir)

60 Cards. 35 nonlands (14 creatures, 21 spells). 25 Lands (10 11; 4 other).

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #003b71; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
 Land 4 cards 
 Land ■■■■ Terramorphic Expanse  Land 
   cost  12 cards 
 Creature ■■■■ Dimir Guildmage  2/2  ()(
■■ Surveilling Sprite  1/1   
 Spell  Countersquall   
 Hands of Binding   
■■■■ Last Gasp   
   cost  10 cards 
 Creature ■■■ Chittering Rats  2/2   
 Spell  Consult the Necrosages   
■■ Divination   
 Mind Rot   
■■ Threads of Disloyalty   
 Time Ebb   
   cost  7 cards 
 Creature ■■ Evil Twin  0/0   
 Spell ■■ Lobotomy   
 Reins of Power   
■■ Sleep   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature  Ghastlord of Fugue  4/4  ()()()()(
 Shadowborn Demon  5/6   
 Spell  Beacon of Unrest   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature  Dinrova Horror  4/4   
 Spell  Spinal Embrace   
 Stolen Identity   

Unused (36 cards)
   2x Archaeomancer
   1x Avatar of Will
   1x Colossal Whale
   1x Diluvian Primordial
   1x Dire Undercurrents
   1x Doomsday Specter
   1x Fool's Demise
   1x Guardian of the Ages
   4x Illusionary Armor
   1x Mark of the Vampire
   1x Mental Vapors
   1x Mindleech Mass
   4x Moroii
   1x Necropolis Regent
   3x Ravenous Rats
   1x Shadow Slice
   1x Slate Street Ruffian
   1x Smog Elemental
   3x Thought Scour
   1x Treasure Hunt
   3x Vedalken Dismisser
   2x Vengeful Vampire

Locked promos (4 cards)
   1x Commandeer
   1x Followed Footsteps
   1x Hollowborn Barghest
   1x Painful Quandary

Not to derail but Draconarius's post got me thinking. When the Entity is all creature types is it not also an Illusion and subject to triggered death?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Not all illusions are subject to that rule I'm afraid. illusionary servant being a relevant example. I forgot how to auto card a word that isn't the card name, sorry.

Edit: Oops, bad example derp. Try phantom warrior  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
it's a ruse
I forgot how to auto card a word that isn't the card name, sorry.

Like this:

{c=CardName}text{/c}

Replacing { with [ 
Thanks guys. I forgot that not all illusions are subject to trigger death.
Carry on.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Cheers Draco.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Bonus points to anyone who can stomach SH or HS for 10 games in a row.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Game 1 vs SH - WIN
Nothing to report here. My opponent got stuck on 1 land for the entire game, while I got a decent assortment of Slivers into play.
1-0

Game 2 vs GL - WIN
My opponent quit after his Skyhunter Skirmisher ate a Shock. Turned out that was his only creature. The AI threw 2x Pacifism, stopping my Predatory Sliver and Blur Sliver cold. Fortunately, I was holding a Striking Sliver and a Battle Sliver, which were able to push through for the last 10 damage I needed.
2-0

Game 3 vs SH - WIN
My second opponent to get mana screwed, only on 2 this time. Another win with nothing to report about. I almost feel guilty counting it at all, actually.
3-0

Game 4 vs GL - WIN
I got a Striking Sliver and a Blur Sliver into play early. My opponent replied with a Skyhunter Skirmisher, which immediately ate a Shock. Ajani's Chosen came into play with 2 Blurs and a Striker on the field, which were joined by a Bonescythe Sliver. My opponent only blocked the Striking for some reason, and the other 3 hit through for 12 and the win.
4-0

Game 5 vs SH (once again...) - WIN
Well, the third mirror match of the night. So much for using these to make any sort of empirical tier list. Anyway, this was the first game that made me hate the three-colour nature of the deck, as I got stuck on 3 lands with no Mountain for some time. However, my opponent got it worse, being forced to use a Path to Exile on his own Blur Sliver to get a Forest. After that, he played a Battle Sliver and Predatory Sliver, both of which died to a Fiery Justice. He quit soon afterwards, and the AI repeated his play. By then, though, I had a Battle Sliver of my own so he could only trade with 2 creatures, allowing my Sliver tokens and the Battle to go in for the kill.
5-0

Game 6 vs MM - WIN
Finally, some variety! After the last few games, I was well prepared for a taste of humility here, but it didn't happen. My opponent drew no Lords, allowing me to pick off a Gossamer Phantasm and Phantasmal Bear with Fiery Justice, and forgot about the Mirror Entity, which lost him a Phantom Warrior. A successfully resolved Thorncaster Sliver clinched the deal.
6-0

Game 7 vs HS - WIN
More variety, and another curb stomp battle. The game started off slowly, with my first play being a Blur Sliver that got promptly Preyed Upon by a Kalonian Tusker. After that, my opponent made the mistake of putting Elephant Guide on a Garruk's Companion, which ate the Shock I had accidentally revealed on turn 1. From the the Slivers took over completely, with a Hive Stirrings followed by twin Thorncasters and a Striking Sliver. My opponent, unable to trade in combat, promptly quit and I finished off the AI in short order.
7-0

Game 8 vs HS - WIN
Predatory Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Bonescythe Sliver. Not much a 97 card Garruk can do when it draws nothing under 5cmc aside from a T5 Kalonian Tusker.
8-0

Game 9 vs MMz - WIN
This guy was playing the control version of MMz, I think. As I'm sure is somewhat expected, it's not that good. He did manage to frustrate me with a trio of counterspells and a Mind Control, but I got enough removal to keep him from getting any sort of grip on the game. In the end a horde of Slivers hacked into him for the win.
9-0

Game 10 vs MotD - WIN
My opponent had a fairly poor hand; no discard, and only two Chittering Rats as creatures. Meanwhile, I was able to get two Predatory Sliver and all three Blur Sliver, which maintained a constant stream of damage. When my fifth mana finally appeared and the Thorncaster Sliver I had from the opening hand finally came into play, the game was done.
10-0

So... how many bonus points do I get from going undefeated with SH, Hakeem? Never mind that my luck was ridiculous. And my opponent's had none. Or weren't that good, anyway. And that I only ran into a member of the Big 3 once.

Yeah, I'm taking this with a grain of salt, as well. 

10 games in a row without seeing DW or Avacyn or Firewave once. 10 wins with slivers lol. I think you been smoking some good stuff or wherever you are playing is some kind of illusionary existence where you should invite me to play.

I don't think I have ever went 5 games in a row without seeing Avacyn or DW period lol. That goes for all modes.

10 games in a row with: Guardians of Light.  10 different opponents.

Game 1: GoL vs. GoL

I got the Seraph+Pariah lock, he didn't.  WIN

Game 2: GoL vs. CoMD

Whiffed on his T2 AND T3 explore, quit out.  The AI put up a heck of a fight, but eventually fell anyway.  WIN

Game 3: GoL vs. AG

I get a Dawn Elemental and Seraph of the Sword down against his early aggression, he wipes with Hallowed Burial.  I suit up a Skyhunter Skirmisher with the help of Three Dreams and smash face.  WIN

Game 4: GoL vs. AG

He has removal for every creature I drop.  My solution?  More creatures.  I eventually stick a Seraph+Pariah long enough to kill him.  WIN

Game 5: GoL vs. DW

Opponent sticks on 2 mana for a turn, then 3 mana for several.  He puts up a heroic defense, but Angelic Destiny keeps coming back, and eventually pounds through.  WIN

Game 6: GoL vs. FW

Opponent steadily burns down everything I play, while letting Sulfuric Vortex tick.  Eventually I land a Skirmisher+Spirit Mantle+Daybreak Coronet in one turn, and he has no answers.  WIN

Game 7: GoL vs. MotD

I suit up an Ajani's Sunstriker early with Divine Favor and Daybreak Coronet.  T6 (the turn he would have died), he unsurprisingly Spinal Embraces it, and starts trash talking about why enchantment decks suck, and all eggs in one basket.  Even though he had a Dimir Guildmage out the whole game, I slog through about 25 turns before telling him my eggs work just fine, and killing him.  WIN

Game 8: GoL vs. DW

No finesse here.  2 Seraph of the Swords, various 4/6 CMC enchants.  Smash face.  WIN

Game 9: GoL vs. DW

Good game here.  Threats meet removal.  He pecks away with a few small zombies on the ground.  Eventually I have a Seraph+Pariah combo, and suit up a SuperSpiritdancer right next to it.  He's forced to pick one to remove, and needed to remove both.  WIN.

Game 10: GoL vs. DW

Strangely, I have no notes on this one.  But: WIN

Total: GoL goes 10-0 vs. the field, including 4-0 vs. DW, 2-0 vs AG, 2-0 vs Chant.

I don't think I've ever had a 10 game win streak before, and technically this puts me at 13 (2 last night, plus 1 game in the middle of the challenge where I accidentally random decked).

I think I like this deck.
I said 10 games in a row, not 10 wins in a row. Seriously, holy **** guys.
10 games in a row without seeing DW or Avacyn or Firewave once. 10 wins with slivers lol. I think you been smoking some good stuff or wherever you are playing is some kind of illusionary existence where you should invite me to play.

I don't think I have ever went 5 games in a row without seeing Avacyn or DW period lol. That goes for all modes.

Couldn't quite believe it myself. It must have been Night of the Living Noob, or something. The alternating mirror and GL matches in the first 5 games was especially shocking. I almost didn't want to count them because of how unfairly easy they were. But it is what it is. Of course, my luck being what it is, I'll now go 0-10 for my next deck. 

And holy heck, Grunthex, that's a good run. Well played, sir.
I admit jealousy that everybody else seemed to get a great run of opponents with a decent variety of decks to play against.

Running the gauntlet of DW was simply no fun for me. The highlight was playing CoMD after 5 straight DW.

To the 10/0 people, good show!
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Great thread, OP you should compile the results in the front page.
add me on steam =) highzenborg
I figured no one else was willing to do this, so I'd take one for the team. I did manage to get 10 different opponents again (and even all different than my first 10)  Now presenting:

10 games in a row with... Avacyn's Glory!

Game 1: AG vs. GoL

2 Champion of the Parish and a Goldnight Commander while Bonds of Faith locks down his pumped Kor Spiritdancer (who I was very glad to note is NOT human!)  WIN.

Game 2: AG vs. CoMD

Champion, Gather the Townsfolk, Grand Abolisher, concede.  WIN

Game 3: AG vs. CoMD

2 Champions and a Doomed Traveler by T2.  Add Gather the Townsfolk.  Smash face.  WIN.

Game 4: AG vs. AG

Standard mirror match.  We remove each others Champions, and Mentors.  I eventually land a Goldnight Commander who takes over.  WIN.

Game 5: AG vs. MotD

Stalemate here, I should lose.  We both have indestructible Angelic Overseers, his human is a Beacon of Unrest stolen Inquisitor.  His overseer of course, is an evil twin.  He forgets after about 5 turns that the Overseers are hexproof, and attacks his inquistor into my overseer.  Losing his indestructibility, I crush his face.  WIN.

Game 6: AG vs. HS

Get stuck on 3 mana.  So what, this is AG!  Honor of the Pure along with a barely pumped Champion and a Thalia hold off some 3/3s until spot exiling get me through.  Granted, opponent flooded pretty hard.  WIN.

Game 7: AG vs. DW

Grand Abolisher and Honor hold him off a bit, and a Fiend Hunter takes out his timely Undead Warchief.  I just take over with tokens, and he concedes via Death Cloud at the end, just not enough creatures to save himself.  WIN.

Game 8: AG vs. AG

So there's this rule called the Legendary Rule.  DO NOT PLAY THALIA TWO TURNS IN A ROW.  Unfortunately, it was me derping, and he just overran me after that.  LOSS.

Game 9: AG vs. DW

Champion/Gather, and opponent finds no defenses (2 Gravecrawlers and a too slow Geralf's Messenger.  Smoosh.  WIN.

Game 10: AG vs. MotD

Double Champions/Doomed Traveler.  Plus opponent didn't find black mana until T5.  No game.  WIN.

Total: 9-1.  I think I would have lost that loss even without the stupidity, but such is life.  Win streak ended up at 20 games total, so I'm pretty happy.
ETD. This was painful.

vs cotmd - win. I pressured early with waves of 1/1 chumps. He didn't have much to play.

vs motd - win. He got stuck on two lands, I was land flooded. Finished him with two Soul's Fire.

vs gol - loss. I didn't have enough removal to deal with his 2drop creatures that kept getting cheap devastating auras. (Spirit mantel, angelic destiny, daybreak coronet...)

vs cotmd - loss. I was stuck on three lands (no forest for ramp, while he power ramped). Put a conscription on an elf at turn five. Game over.

vs sh - win. He was stuck on three lands. Finished him on turn eight.

vs hs - loss. He had a really strong hand, I mulled to five. Enchanted a troll with +3/+3, and there was no way for me to kill it twice in one turn.

vs sh - loss. He had removal for everything that wasn't a chump blocker. Got overrun by hasted thorn casting slivers.

vs etd - win. He mulled to five and left. Finished with a 6/6 predator and Soul's Fire.

vs fw - loss. He put down a Fire Servant I didn't have removal for. Got killed by an amplified Fire Wave.

vs dw - loss. He played hard aggro, his entire hand was 1-2drops. Mulled to five, got overrun before I could stabilize.

4-6. Pretty much what I expected. There is no balance to this game, it was made by people that don't actually play the game.

You'll notice decks are built around land art. ETD has Jund art on all its lands, MotD has Ravnica island/swamps, etc. Stupid.
FW is a bunch of crap.  I truly hate this deck.

FW vs. HS - Loss.
FW vs. HS - Win (guy didnt have more than 1 land until T4).
FW vs. DW - Loss.
FW vs. GL - Loss.
FW vs. DW - Loss.
FW vs. CMD - Loss.
FW vs. CMD - Loss.
FW vs. CMD - Loss.
FW vs. AG - Loss.
FW vs. DW - Loss.

This deck can go to hell and stay there.

1-9.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

This challenge is interesting. The better I got with HS was 7 wins in a row, but I don't really know what happened that night. Other than that, I already got the sweet 10-0 2 times with FW, and once I got something crazy like 20-0 or so with GL. Gonna give this a shot.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

This challenge is interesting. The better I got with HS was 7 wins in a row, but I don't really know what happened that night. Other than that, I already got the sweet 10-0 2 times with FW, and once I got something crazy like 20-0 or so with GL. Gonna give this a shot.

My 1-9 was with your build btw. ;P

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

My 1-9 was with your build btw. ;P

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can do better than that with it

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I started my HS run. I've got two games in so far and will edit when I get the rest in. Have to go out of town.

Game 1 vs MoD:   WIN  - Early trampleia and an Ooze keeps him pretty locked down and he's not willing to chump with his Guildmage when he had a chance to make a difference.

Game 2 vs Chant:  Lose  -  I have 35 life thanks to Primeval Bounty, a 9/9 Sentinel Spider thanks to Elephant Guide and Vigor, a 3/3 Beast token and two 5/5 Tuskers and Overrun in hand. Tuskers blocked and got bonus but Overrun would not win the game with only the Spider, Vigor and the token.
Enter All is Dust and me drawing nothing but mana the rest of the game. I ended up with 5 more forests than him as I died.  LoL!

Show

5-5 with hs; lost to dw, dimir, ag, ag, and dw
won vs gol, dimir, sh, etd, and hs

slivers was the only close game; won only because I got the chroma out with two other dudes and then used stampede 

2 + 2 = fish

I didn't expect this thread to take off as well as it has; but I'm glad it did! To whomever said that I should compile the results, I will do that soon (probably tomorrow afternoon). For now, here are my results with my latest MM brew... it's not aggro, it's not control, it's.....

erdana; font-size:12px; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Hakeem928"

A library for the Jace 2014 deck (Mind Maze)

60 Cards. 36 nonlands (17 creatures, 19 spells). 24 Lands (24).

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #066190; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   cost  6 cards 
 Spell ■■■■ Unsummon   
■■ Veiled Sentry   
   cost  10 cards 
 Creature ■■■■ Lord of the Unreal  2/2   
■■■■ Phantasmal Image  0/0   
 Spell ■■ Counterspell   
   cost  12 cards 
 Creature ■■■ Illusionary Servant  3/4   
 Spell ■■ Cancel   
■■ Claustrophobia   
■■ Divination   
 Dream Fracture   
■■ Frost Breath   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature  Chronozoa  3/3   
 Phantasmal Dragon  5/5   
   cost  3 cards 
 Creature  Mirror-Mad Phantasm  5/1   
 Spell  Force of Will   
 Mind Control   
   cost  2 cards 
 Creature  Draining Whelk  1/1   
 Sphinx of Magosi  6/6   

erdana">Unused (36 cards)
   2x Aether Figment
   1x Aetherplasm
   2x Blind Phantasm
   1x Claustrophobia
   1x Disorient
   1x Draining Whelk
   4x Gossamer Phantasm
   2x Halcyon Glaze
   1x Illusory Angel
   1x Incursion Specialist
   1x Jace's Mindseeker
   1x Jace's Phantasm
   1x Krovikan Mist
   1x Leyline Phantom
   1x Omniscience
   2x Ovinize
   3x Phantasmal Bear
   2x Phantom Beast
   2x Phantom Warrior
   1x Roil Elemental
   2x Staff of the Mind Magus
   1x Temporal Mastery
   1x Twincast
   1x Wistful Thinking

Locked promos (4 cards)
   1x Chronozoa
   1x Cryptic Command
   1x Snapcaster Mage
   1x Time Reversal

On the Draw vs. 68-card MM - Win
On the Play vs. 89-card CotMD - Win
On the Play vs. 60-card AG - Loss
On the Draw vs. 62-card SH - Win
On the Draw vs. 67-card GoL - Win
On the Draw vs. 68-card AG - Loss
On the Draw vs. 66-card FW - Win
On the Draw vs. 72-card HS - Win
On the Play vs. 66-card FW - Win
On the Play vs. 64-card DW - Loss

Overall Record: 7-3 

I was hoping to be the first to do FW, I kind of like that deck.   Oh well, here's my 10 with FW, all vs different opponents.   I just joined and played one game to try and get variety of decks.

1.  vs 60 card AG - WIN:   His first play is a turn 4 Resto Angel?    Guess he had a bad draw.    Arsonist, Kiln, Fiend, Chandra's Phoenix run him over.

2.  vs 60 card MD - WIN:  I think MD is FW's best matchup.   In any case he is slightly mana screwed and I get an early Vortex that does most of the work.

3.  vs 64 card AG - LOSS:  Turn one traveller, turn 2 gather for him going first.   I have Flames of Firebrand so I'm fine as long as he doesn't have Honour the Pu-of course he has it.   I lose.

4.  vs 60 card Chant - LOSS:  Argh.   This is a terrible match up but I was so close.    Got a little early pressure and vortex and ended up getting him to 1 before Pellakas and Eldrazi run me over.   LDKFSLDKJFLSDKJFLSDJDSLKFLD

5.  vs 60 card MD - WIN:   Wow, no DW yet?   Seemed like everyone has been playing it lately.   Routine win.

6.  vs 60 card DW - WIN:  Oh, there's the DW.   Super close game.    DW is tough because you pretty much HAVE to have a vortex to prevent life gain from Tendrils/Corrupts but DW can easily out aggro you and make the vortex useless.   Luckily he had a little bit of a slow start so the turn 3 vortex worked out for me and after a couple turns of burn, phoenix hits I pass the turn for the vortex to finish him with me at 2 life.  

7.  vs 60 card MD - WIN:   FW seems like a really strong deck if you keep playing again MD all the time.

8.  vs. 60 card GL - LOSS:   This is a pretty awful match up and I was a little mana flooded to boot.   Not even close.

9.  vs 60 card SH - WIN:  Close close game.    He got a megantic out and I thought I was done but I got a Hostility the next turn which combined with a large disintegrate allowed for a massive alpha strike the next turn. 

10. vs 60 card Chant - LOSS:  He was on the play and had turn 4 Titan.   You can imagine how that went.   Also not close.

6-4 overall.

that is for 2HG or 1v1?

2 + 2 = fish

n the Draw vs. 68-card MM - Win

On the Play vs. 89-card CotMD - Win
On the Play vs. 60-card AG - Loss
On the Draw vs. 62-card SH - Win
On the Draw vs. 67-card GoL - Win
On the Draw vs. 68-card AG - Loss
On the Draw vs. 66-card FW - Win
On the Draw vs. 72-card HS - Win
On the Play vs. 66-card FW - Win
On the Play vs. 64-card DW - Loss

Overall Record: 7-3 

What platform are you playing on?   I almost never see anything but 60 card decks (I saw one 64 card in my 10, rest all 60).     I'm on Steam.

Xbox, and I agree that I usually see 60-card builds; this was unusual.

Personally (this is not an insult to fans of the mode), I think that Sealed has drawn a lot of the "bad" 1v1 players away from Ranked Lobbies. Thoughts?
Wow ... 10-0 with Guardians. I didn't expect that.

But I don't think I faced great competition, so I'm not going to get too excited. For one thing, I didn't face any of the Big Three even once.

Game 1: vs. Chant, 20 to -2
Game 2: vs. Chant, 38 to -12
Game 3: vs. Chant, 31 to -4
Game 4: vs. Chant, 56 to -6

All four of these were against the same player. I was actually getting crushed in the last one, like 40 to 8, but then my Spiritdancers started in with massive bonuses and card draw. And the guy clearly mis-clicked on his Zenith. He had it for 12, then drew ... a Farhaven Elf. Instant Self-Rage Quit. I don't blame him at all.

Game 5: vs. GoL, 31 to -2.

Idiot alert. Clearly tried to play with one land in the opening hand. Quit on turn 2. Hey, genius, try a mulligan next time.

Game 6: vs. GoL, 23 to something or other.

The most interesting game of the 10. A Pacifism war — both players played all four.

Game 7: vs. GoL, 56 to -3

What the hell? More Guardians? Coincidence, I guess.

Game 8: vs. GoL, 20 to -10
Game 9: vs. Firewave, 28 to -13
Game 10: vs. Masks, 41 to -5.

These three were against same guy. At least he tried to mix it up.

Conclusions: Guardians is great fun, especially with players who forget they might need to counter flying. But I didn't face a top deck, and I think I might have mostly played against dimwits. So I'm not going to get too excited.

I'm going to keep going and see how far I can take this streak. I probably just jinxed it.

(Oh, and I had four quits in 10 games. Someone alert KC-Database-Bandit!)