NEW! Wizards Store and Event Locater

Thanks Sarah!
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the new update - so far it seems like a nice improvement. My only wish is that the WPN didn't relegate SWM to "Other". ;)
Awsome thing. I think its great we can look up Minis tourney finally. I guess I get tired of those other two games getting all the love
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Where is the listing to Play SWM?

The 'Play' button is all branded MTG and D&D, then the mysterious "other products" section.

I had to login for the first time in awhile just to post that I play SWM, not some mysterious "other products".

This lack of Branding for the SWM game on your 'new' locator makes it appear that your not very supportive or even serious about the people playing the game.

It's a cool tool to find your local store to buy product, but I give it a fail for finding actual DCI or league events to play SWM in.
Sarah,
What is your profile picture? Is it a deathtrooper?
My username is not named for my own. "People who tweet are twits" "The word bed looks like a bed" "Everyone who drives slower than you is a moron, everyone who drives faster than you is a maniac" "The trouble with kittens is that when they grow up they're a cat"
Pretty cool resource, glad to see its finally up and running! I used it this morning, found two new game stores in my area that I was unaware of!

Thanks a lot!
Thats cool but it doesnt have the main store I play at
Thanks for the feedback! Please send me a PM if you don't see your local store on the locator, or any other location you know of that runs regular games. I'll be happy to look into it and try to get them added!
PM sent
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Hi All,

An update on my earlier post....I checked with our web team regarding unlisted gaming locations. If your local shop is not included in our event locator, check with the store owner to see if they officially sanction these events with WotC. We can include any location as long as they report the game play in their stores. I'm happy to contact store owners myself if you prefer - just send the specific contact details in a PM.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions/concerns!
sweet
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
Quick question, if the venue in which you play does not show up on the search, how might you apply to get it added? Figurd I'd ask, might help us get bigger turnouts in our local area if we were searchable
Photobucket
Sarah
Is there any way to specifically list Star Wars Miniatures as a checkbox option in the "Other Games" category under the "Play" search function. Just having Star Wars Miniatures listed would be helpful. Not just for new players to find that SWM is the game played but to have more "advertising" for the SWM game.

Thank you,
lisa_leia

Hey...don't know if anyone is monitoring this thread, but it seems like the place to ask this question. I have been regularly using that link Sara had provided but recently when I click on a store that shows an upcoming event, it just gets hung up with the 'thinking' animation. (For lack of a better way to describe that.) It does it on both of my home computers, and also one at a hotel we regularly stay in when visiting my son at college. Previously, all 3 of these computers were able to access that. Is it no longer functioning?

Hey...don't know if anyone is monitoring this thread, but it seems like the place to ask this question. I have been regularly using that link Sara had provided but recently when I click on a store that shows an upcoming event, it just gets hung up with the 'thinking' animation. (For lack of a better way to describe that.) It does it on both of my home computers, and also one at a hotel we regularly stay in when visiting my son at college. Previously, all 3 of these computers were able to access that. Is it no longer functioning?

It's doing the same thing for me now.  Used to work fine.  I can see the location and address, but the events balloon won't display any other text.

I went to all of the places near me (in Souther CA), and very few of them even carried SWM, mush less had tournaments.  Frown

I've been reading posts in other threads and I've gleaned that they're aware that it isn't working. I am concerned that if it isn't fixed that players such as the three of us who've just posted recently will be discouraged from attending DCI tournaments. There are areas of the country such as central Pa where I live where we have to travel to get to venues...we depend on a resource like that. Additionally, we've just started our own DCI events at a new LGS and the broken program inhibits our ability to get the word out that we're here. If anyone is monitoring this thread can shed some light on this, we'd appreciate it. Please...help us grow the game.

Sign In to post comments