A few saga downloads...

To help us all get over the web enhancement hump, here are a few things I've rustled up (sorry it's taken me so long for some of them!):
  • Web Enhancement 1: New version, updated to credit Wizo_the_Hutt as a contributing author (according to Rodney anyway), and also reformatted to exactly match the style of the book (including being square)...
  • Web Enhancement 2: As per above, but for Web Enchancement 2.
  • Cut & Paste Saga Errata: This one is for those folks who like to paste the errata into their books - the columns of text are meant to be cut out and pasted over the ones in the book. Hopefully it's pretty self explanatory, but be careful because I noticed some bits (the weapons tables and statblocks) aren't an exact match. I'll try to update those at some point, if I get the time, but thought I'd upload this version in the meantime. The errata is highlighted in red (like RavingDork's version below), but if you print it in greyscale the red should come out black.
  • And lastly, Easy Read Saga Errata, based on RavingDorks document (all I really did here was reformat his work with the correct fonts).

I'm working on a few other things too, but I don't want to announce them until they're done...
;)

Enjoy!
Thank you for putting this together! The Cut and Past errata will be great for me as a GM.
Thank you for putting this together! The Cut and Past errata will be great for me as a GM.

What he said!
Impressive... most impressive.
below), but if you print it in greyscale the red should come out black.

Enjoy!

Doh! I took out all the tools and glue to fix up my copy of the SECR and noticed that I can't read the erratad portions well at all. I logged on to suggest you change font colors and THEN I saw the caveat. I'll just have to reprint it tomorrow. Thanks again!
Doh! I took out all the tools and glue to fix up my copy of the SECR and noticed that I can't read the erratad portions well at all. I logged on to suggest you change font colors and THEN I saw the caveat. I'll just have to reprint it tomorrow. Thanks again!

Well, to be honest the red was really to make it easier on me when I was putting it together.

When I get the time to do an updated version which fixes the size of the font for statblocks, and fixes up the weapons table so you can just cut and paste the whole column (my original intention), I might make it all greyscale as well. That'll probably be at least a week or two off though...
How about a description of what the easy read errata is?
How about a description of what the easy read errata is?

As I said above, it's just a re-formatting of RavingDork's document. He describes it here.
Wooo. Thanky.
You are my hero today!
Cool. I don't want to permanently affect my book by pasting it in. Do you know of any adhesive that doesn't permanently bond with material and comes off without tearing? I've seen it employed in wall hooks, but never for a product designed for print.
Carefully applied Tape?
@gribble
I'll wait for the newer version. This will permanent.
@AT-AT
Maybe gluing the errata to post-its may work. When I applied errata to my Forgotten Realms books, I'd highlight the erratad passage. I'd just have the errata printed out and stuck in the back cover. All the highlighting did was refer you to the errata document. You could use those little page marker post-its as well. They look like a piece of clear tape with a colored flag-thing on them.
It was mentioned in previous thread (which I can't frikkin' find now! Must subscribe to everything that looks remotely interesting...) that someone was working on a set of GM screen inserts that are in the landscape printing format. I think they would make a nice addition to this thread since it seems to be targeted at GMs.
Cool. I don't want to permanently affect my book by pasting it in. Do you know of any adhesive that doesn't permanently bond with material and comes off without tearing? I've seen it employed in wall hooks, but never for a product designed for print.

At Office Max the Post-It company sells removable, writable tape. It comes in various colors, but I think they have a cloudy white, but no clear. Some tape cutting may be necessary. I was going to use that to hold in the patchwork...for now.

Alternatively, the smoky scotch tape, not the clear tape, should also work. It shouldnt tear the page, but it may pull up some fibers if you decide to lift it up.
Maybe it's a problem on my end, but I can't open any of those files. Actually, pdf files from Mediafire always seem to give me error messages.
Maybe it's a problem on my end, but I can't open any of those files. Actually, pdf files from Mediafire always seem to give me error messages.

You can't open them, or you can't download them? If its the latter, you must remove WotC's outbound frame. In fact, you should make it a habit to close any extra frames as they often unnecessary.
At Office Max the Post-It company sells removable, writable tape. It comes in various colors, but I think they have a cloudy white, but no clear. Some tape cutting may be necessary. I was going to use that to hold in the patchwork...for now.

Alternatively, the smoky scotch tape, not the clear tape, should also work. It shouldnt tear the page, but it may pull up some fibers if you decide to lift it up.

UPDATE: Office Max doesn't seem to carry the Post-It Writable/Removable tape, however I have tried the Scotch Magic Tape and it works alright, but like I said, it does pull up some fibers when peeling, but it does come up, so Im cutting thin strips and applying them only to two sides.

Also, I thought maybe some scrapbooking supplies might help. Anyone have any wives or moms that do that stuff and might have a good idea?

Added reformatted Web Enhancement 2 (see first post).
The problem is that it keeps timing out for taking too long when trying to download.

Any suggestions?

*edit* nevermind. I got it!
Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things. Winner of the Winner of You Build the Character #34: Padme Amidala
Would you mind making standard letter size versions of the Web Enhancements?
UPDATE: Office Max doesn't seem to carry the Post-It Writable/Removable tape, however I have tried the Scotch Magic Tape and it works alright, but like I said, it does pull up some fibers when peeling, but it does come up, so Im cutting thin strips and applying them only to two sides.

Also, I thought maybe some scrapbooking supplies might help. Anyone have any wives or moms that do that stuff and might have a good idea?

Most of my scrapbooking supplies would have the same effect if worse. Of course pictures are more durable than paper and tend to stand up to being removed.
I'll keep a look out, but it may be more expensive.

Also a trick I learned from my art teacher is to take tape and stick it on your pants before applying it on paper you don't wish to rip.
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
Would you mind making standard letter size versions of the Web Enhancements?

I'll see what I can do, although it'll be well down my priority list, (after re-doing the cut & paste errata), so don't expect it for at least a week or two.
A bit of a bump.

Gribble, any chance you can format the replacement columns in the cut and paste errata?
I believe what you are looking for is an old staple from the pre-personal computer days, when cut-and-paste meant real scissors, and that item is rubber cement.

Use only a small amount, and make sure that you get any that runs paste the edge of your paper, so it doesn't stick your pages together.

And my thanks to the gribble!
As for glue that wont permantly stick i use something nammed:

3M Spray Mount (Its a Danish Brand, but other companies should have something equal)

Be aware that if you latter removes the glued piece, some may still stick to the page if you use to much when applying the first time, but will not damage the pages (just making them a bit sticky).

Apply the spray glue to the paper at an armlenght distance to make sure there is no Excess glue when applying the piece of paper to the page (and should help that if you latter remove it, there is no glue left on the page)
Hey, gribble, did you ever update your awesome cut-and-paste errata with the October 2008 additions?
FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs
Hey, gribble, did you ever update your awesome cut-and-paste errata with the October 2008 additions?

Sorry mate, haven't done it yet. I might get around to doing it in the next couple of months but I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest - a lot on my plate at the moment.
Okay.
FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs
i dont suppose anyone has a link to the big book of archetypes that was on here a while ago? as im looking for it, but its not coming up in the searches...

anyone help?
i dont suppose anyone has a link to the big book of archetypes that was on here a while ago? as im looking for it, but its not coming up in the searches...

anyone help?

Here ya go, pk...to paraphrase Ben Kenobi, this is the thread you're looking for.