Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
I have a good amount of skill at Excel, though I'll need to take it slow while going through VB functions. Whoever is working on fixing every error encountered in this thread, let me know and I'll be happy to help.
IDK if this has been fixed or not.. but when a player in my campaign created a character with not armor proficiencies, I discovered the program added in the penalty twice. With my limited knowledge i was able to track down the offending code.
calcweaponatk (general)
REMOVE:
'armour check
modifier = modifier + Armour.Range("ArmourCheck")

After that it calculated the appropriate total attack bonus for the weapon.
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
I'll make sure to check that in what I'm working on. It's slow going because I'm reorganizing the Data to put the various data on hidden sheets and at least make it easier to add new weapons and equipment.

So far though, it's turning out a bit larger because I'm adding some functions to make things easier to work with. With luck, I'll be able to send something to folks to double check before the weekend is out.

TC
Awesome Arknight, thanks for all your hard work in advance
Yea.....i want also say thank you for all your efforts. I love this "generator" and i whish i could be of any use. But Excel is still on the warpath with me

Best wishes,
Meschler
Question for you all.

Why is it on some sheets I get a "Notes" tab, and on other copies I don't?

I'm using the most recent version, and it seems to off that tab sporadically.
Question for you all.

Why is it on some sheets I get a "Notes" tab, and on other copies I don't?

I'm using the most recent version, and it seems to off that tab sporadically.

I have not noticed that problem personally.
Just started playing around with this. Very nicely done.

However, I did come across a couple glitches, both in regards to the character sheets.

For tab CS1, if the initiative score is +10 or higher, then the field shows ## instead of the check modifier. Looks like it was only set-up to show two characters, not three.

Same tab, this time the Damage Threshold score is showing ##, while the Fort Defense box is showing the correct value.

On the Karlauss 1 tab, the initiative score has the same issue as the CS1 tab.

Haven't run into any other issues, though I haven't tried using it to build any Droid characters.
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid." - Eddie Izzard Proud member of the Gamer Nation.
Shhh.... don't tell anyone, but I'm back, and testing out the new beast class, as well as bug fixing myself dizzy.
Shhh.... don't tell anyone, but I'm back, and testing out the new beast class, as well as bug fixing myself dizzy.

Welcome Back Neighbor. It good to see you back Kenad, how was your vacation?
Welcome Back Kenad.

You should talk to Arknight. He is in the process of doing some big updates.
AWESOME!!!

HE'S BACK!!!

Now, get to work!
Thousnads of geeks everywhere are deppending on you!
While not quite as skilled in the VBA department, I'd be more than happy to help with the bug fixing or cast a techy eye over the sheet should you desire.

golf clap
Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing the latest installment.

yes welcome back
Alright, guys, I can't tell whether I caught everything, so definitely poke it a lot, but version 1.15 is up now.

Custom weapons and armour? Sure.

Beast class? Yep.

Sprinkles? Not quite.

I think the ships might still be a bit buggy, so tell me everything they do wrong.

For those who were interested, my holiday was awesome, best summer of my life

But I'm back now, and I'm intent on ironing this sheet flat!

Thanks for everything in my absence, you guys are awesome

Sheet v1.15a
There's a problem with the BAB calculation. I have a level 14 character that gets assigned a +26 BAB.

EDIT: That's with the new version you just posted.
Darn, I left a +12 on the Bonus Tab!

I'll fix that!

Edit: And I think I have!
using the new sheet when picking a knife for your weapon i get Run time error 5 Invalid procedure cell or argument
Hmm... with Kushiban picked as a race, I get the Run Time Error 5 whenever I pick a weapon.

Oh, just checked, and it seems to happen with any race I pick...
Also i think it is miscalculating the Encumbrance because it says 2.3 kg is a Heavy Load.

Also the Custom star ship page is not working
I get an error when making a beast.

Run Time Error '438'

object doen't support this property or method.

I get it when I make this statblock

BOLDCL 1UNBOLD

Medium beast 1
BOLDInitUNBOLD +0; BOLDSenses UNBOLDPerception +1

BOLDDefenses UNBOLDRef 10 (flat-footed 10), Fort 22, Will 11
BOLDhp UNBOLD20; BOLDThreshold UNBOLD22

BOLDSpeed UNBOLD 0 squares
BOLDMelee U
BOLDFighting Space UNBOLD; BOLDReach UNBOLD squares
BOLDBase Atk UNBOLD+0; BOLDGrp UNBOLD+13
BOLDAtk Options UNBOLDCombat Reflexes

BOLDAbilities UNBOLDStr 37, Dex 10, Con 34, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 11
BOLDFeats UNBOLDCombat Reflexes
BOLDSkills UNBOLDAcrobatics +5, Climb +18, Endurance +17

Clearing Classes gains this...

Run Time Error '13'
Type Mismatch

I made this class and did a class clear.. and got the error.

CL 1

Medium Human jedi 1
Force 5; Dark Side 0
Init +2; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic, 2 unassigned

Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 12), Fort 12, Will 13
hp 30; Threshold 12

Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +2 (2d8+1) or
Melee lightsaber +2 (2d8+2) with both hands
Base Atk +1; Grp +3
Atk Options Acrobatic Strike, Combat Reflexes

Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 11
Talents Adept Negotiator
Feats Acrobatic Strike, Combat Reflexes, Force Sensitive, WP (lightsabers, simple)
Skills Acrobatics +7, Endurance +5, Jump +6, Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +7, Perception +6
Possessions lightsaber

also when I do bug it starts with this

txtStatBlock.Text = txtStatBlock.Text & Notes

class clearing error

If Target.Value = "" Then

I made my Mon Calmari, and I had a problem when I would view the Stat Block or page two of either character sheet, and I would get a Run Time 5. Viewing the page twos would bounce me back to the Stat Block and give me the error. The highlighted line is attack.cmbWeapon1_Click in Private Sub StatBlock(). I replaced it with cmbWeapon1_Click.attack and it doesn't freak out on me, and I can view page two, however I know that's not going to fix it because the stat block is still broken. I would try and fix it, but I don't really know anything about VBScript macros.
using the new sheet when picking a knife for your weapon i get Run time error 5 Invalid procedure cell or argument

I get that for the vibroblade.
Welcome back and thank you for the new version. May i also add two things about your new generator?

1) I liked the old starship sheet more. The new one is confusing

2) The Force Secrets from the Jedi Master PRC are calculated wrong. I have 3 levels which should get 2 secrets, but only 1 is shown in the sheet.

The other stuff looks nice*g*

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes,
Meschler
Extra Rage doesn't count against the number of feats taken.
Characters starting with nonheroic shouldn't get maxed-out HP. According to the book, they get a roll of 1d4 at every level, which includes the first.
*head explodes*

Ouch, I must have done something bad. I'll have possible cures soon
You have done a great job, KB. You are far more comfortable with this type of project than I am. I wish I knew more about using the debugger and I would fix the problems myself.

I get this error with any weapon I pick. The stat block page gives me an error as well.

Also, I noticed that when I chose a combat jumpsuit, it modified the characters reflex defense from 16 to 19. Shouldn't it be a +4 for the combat jumpsuit and take it from 16 to 20?

Yeah, it turns out I'm an idiot. It was looking for a special string on weapons which didn't have a special description, and promptly whined. Should be fixed. *crosses fingers*

Also i think it is miscalculating the Encumbrance because it says 2.3 kg is a Heavy Load.

Whoops, yeah, my new formula forgot to actually incorporate the strength or anything, only the multiplier for size :embarrass. Should be fixed.

Also the Custom star ship page is not working

Yeah, I borked that up. Should be fixed, but those custom ships keep biting me in the ass.

I get an error when making a beast.

Should be fixed, hopefully.

I made this class and did a class clear.. and got the error.

Yep, I got that too. Clear classes should work (eventually)

I made my Mon Calmari, and I had a problem when I would view the Stat Block or page two of either character

I think this might be wrapped up in some of the other bugs, but if it happens again, get on my case!

1) I liked the old starship sheet more. The new one is confusing

I wasn't aware that I changed the starship sheet :O

Perhaps it was starting off in some far-flung corner of the sheet?

2) The Force Secrets from the Jedi Master PRC are calculated wrong. I have 3 levels which should get 2 secrets, but only 1 is shown in the sheet.

*looks at book*

Oh, yeah. Should be fixed.

Extra Rage doesn't count against the number of feats taken.

Doesn't it? *shifty eyes*

Characters starting with nonheroic shouldn't get maxed-out HP. According to the book, they get a roll of 1d4 at every level, which includes the first.

Good eyes! Fixed.

I noticed that when I chose a combat jumpsuit, it modified the characters reflex defense from 16 to 19. Shouldn't it be a +4 for the combat jumpsuit and take it from 16 to 20?

Okay, bear with me here. Should I assume that you were level 1? You lose your heroic level (-1), then gain the armour reflex bonus (+4), giving the total of +3 to your reflex defense. It took me a while to wrangle my head through that, I checked through every formula for the apparent disparity until I realised the little trick, so if I've got it wrong I might take a running jump!

But I think I'm right...

Oh, you want the new version? v1.151 is here!
Okay, bear with me here. Should I assume that you were level 1? You lose your heroic level (-1), then gain the armour reflex bonus (+4), giving the total of +3 to your reflex defense. It took me a while to wrangle my head through that, I checked through every formula for the apparent disparity until I realised the little trick, so if I've got it wrong I might take a running jump!

But I think I'm right...

You are correct sir! I completely forgot about taking off the Heroic Level for defense. (I'm used to having characters with Armored Defense and Improved Armored Defense talents.)

Again, thanks for all your great work!
I was just curious if the official Devaronians were add.
I believe I added them, yes.
Hmm. The weapons still give me that error (as a Kushiban, if that matters). And, probably because of that error, the statblock ends up getting messed up. Hmm...
Is it only with Kushiban? Must be something to do with being Tiny.

Put this in cell D12 on the attack tab and see if it works...

=IF(WeapSize1<>"",LOOKUP(IF(LOOKUP(Size,$BA$5:$BA$11,$BB$5:$BB$11)-LOOKUP(WeapSize1,$BA$5:$BA$11,$BB$5:$BB$11)>-2,LOOKUP(Size,$BA$5:$BA$11,$BB$5:$BB$11)-LOOKUP(WeapSize1,$BA$5:$BA$11,$BB$5:$BB$11),-2),$BD$5:$BD$8,$BE$5:$BE$8),"")
If it does, I'll post another mini-update.
Hmmm. Still errors out.

When I press the Debug button, it points at this line:
attack.Range("WeapSpecial" & box) = UCase(Mid(attack.Range("WeapSpecial" & box), 1, 1)) & Right(attack.Range("WeapSpecial" & box), Len(attack.Range("WeapSpecial" & box)) - 1)
Kenad Broki, welcome back and glad to hear your trip was fun. I've been using your sheet since you put up the first version and I have to say, thanks man, it keeps getting better and better.

I was wondering if you were planing on adding the classes on Wiz-O Tao's web site, or making the sheet able to allow easy class building for people to use? Thanks again for the sheet, it's great.
Suck it up and drive on.
Wow...that was fast, thank you. May i add 2 things more?

1) It seems an error occure if you choose combat gloves as "weapon". The stat block shows a damage code with two-handed use. Is this realy possible for combat gloves?

2) Is it possible to show the flat-footed ref-def on the char-sheet? I couldnt found it anywhere on the sheet.

The starship-page looks good as before. Thank you. maybe i have got the code-page in the version 1.51a, i dont know, but things are fine now ;)

Thank you again for all your efforts,
Meschler
Sign In to post comments