Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
The "talent selections" tab for the Vehicle Focus talent doesn't work.

The 'Talent Selections' tab works well for me.  I have discovered a slightly related bug, though.  
The Vehicle Focus talent requires a Wisdom of 13, but the sheet requires a Wisdom of 14 to purchase the talent.

Here's the fix:

In cell I785 of the Talents sheet, enter the following:
=IF(AND(ExpertPilotTalentsAvailable>0,FinalWis>=13),"Yes","No")

I've found the same thing when i checked and this isn't the only talent that the ability requierment is not correct. I do not have the full list, but they will be included in the next version.

Thank for checkin for the Miraluka and pointing out the Reset Button (The droid info won't be affecting an anything (i hope) when you are not a droid in the next version)

For explosive, should it be a weapon ? it is not used with an attack bonus, I think it place is more in equipement.

For explosive, should it be a weapon ? it is not used with an attack bonus, I think it place is more in equipement.

You can put Explosives in Weapons. You can put the damage and the burst radius. Instead of the attack bonus, just put "Special."

Or you can just put Explosives in Equipment.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Figured out what my problem is.  When I update the sheet to Office 2010 all of the species qualities stop working.  That's why the human bonus feat and skill go away.  Anyone have a fix?
Figured out what my problem is.  When I update the sheet to Office 2010 all of the species qualities stop working.  That's why the human bonus feat and skill go away.  Anyone have a fix?

I have an idea about the excel sheet not working in more recent version of excel, but I haven't put my theory to the test. A lot of the cell naming are no more compliant. ex : L1Name was legal in excel 2003, but in more recent version it is not. I think in some version it is tolerate, but you can add name like that, but maybe in some version it just doesn't work. As I said, I'd have to put this theory to the test and if this is a problem, I would be a long and boring job of renaming all the wrongly named cells.

I have an idea about the excel sheet not working in more recent version of excel, but I haven't put my theory to the test. A lot of the cell naming are no more compliant. ex : L1Name was legal in excel 2003, but in more recent version it is not. I think in some version it is tolerate, but you can add name like that, but maybe in some version it just doesn't work. As I said, I'd have to put this theory to the test and if this is a problem, I would be a long and boring job of renaming all the wrongly named cells.

The names effected by the update to 2010 are RA1-RA10 and UTF1-UTF3.

While I'm not entirely sure what UTF1-3 do, RA1-RA10 are used to fetch the data for Racial Abilities.

When converting to a Macro-enabled Excel Sheet, the above named cells are renamed with a _ prefix:  _RA1, _RA2, etc.

To fix the racial abilities, edit the SpeciesRacialAbilities Sub in the 'Character' sheet as follows:

Around line 1318, you should see the following block:

For x = 1 To 10
Character.Range("RA" & x).Value = RA(x, 1)
If Not Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment Is Nothing Then
Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment.Delete
End If
If RA(x, 2) <> "" Then
Character.Range("RA" & x).AddComment (RA(x, 2))
Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Width = 150
Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Height = 10 + (Len(RA(x, 2)) / 30) * 10
End If
Next x

You need to replace all instances of "RA" with "_RA".  When you're done, it should look like this:

For x = 1 To 10 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Value = RA(x, 1) 
If Not Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment Is Nothing Then 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment.Delete 
End If 
If RA(x, 2) <> "" Then 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).AddComment (RA(x, 2)) 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Width = 150 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Height = 10 + (Len(RA(x, 2)) / 30) * 10 
End If 
Next x

Remember, only update "RA", not RA.
Yay, it worked!  Thanks guys!
Hey All,

I have recently downloaded and began using version 1.4 and i found that when I take levels as a Jedi Knight I do not gain any Force Techniques. The Data Sheet increases the number of Force Techniques I should have by level, which is fine, but "The Force" tab does not allow me access to Force Techniques.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Giles

Remember that Jedi Knight gains access to Force Techniques only at second level and every even-numbered level after that (ie Jedi Knight 2,4,6,8,10).

Also, do you have the latest version of Sagasheet? It can be found in Ilmion's signature. Here is a copy of the link:

Kenad Broki's SagaSheet 1.4 (with my corrections 0.5)

I have this same problem, but I've upgraded Excel to the 2010 version, so it may have messed with the Macros, like it did with the species abilities.

It is my understanding that in the 2010 version of Excel RA1 through RA10 and UTF1 through UTF3 are now valid cell numbers so they are no longer allowed as variables. To correct this perhaps the next update could changes the names to RA_1 ect. to allow the conversion without an error.

Also I found a small error in the sheet. Superior Tech is only allowed to be taken once by the sheet, but the books allow it to be taken multiple times, each time applying to a different category of item (weapon, vehicle, ect.).
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility
I hope you guys will forgive me this question if it has already been recently asked, as I only just found this thread and I have been reading it for hours trying to find a valid link, but is there an updated copy of the ship sheet out there somewhere that works? All of the old links I have found so far in this thread are dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, since this seems the place to ask, does anyone know a good, active play-by-post venue for SWSE? I live in BFE and could not put a group together if I knew anybody close, so any insight would be outstanding.

Thanks on both scores.
I hope you guys will forgive me this question if it has already been recently asked, as I only just found this thread and I have been reading it for hours trying to find a valid link, but is there an updated copy of the ship sheet out there somewhere that works? All of the old links I have found so far in this thread are dead.

I don't know what "Ship Sheet" you want. If you click on my signature, Compiled files of all resource documents & reference tools, you will find updated file of Sagasheet, as well as a file called "CustomStarshipTool_v102.xls" which contains the stats for all ships and vehicles.

Also, since this seems the place to ask, does anyone know a good, active play-by-post venue for SWSE? I live in BFE and could not put a group together if I knew anybody close, so any insight would be outstanding.

I don't know what BFE stands for.

For play-by-post games, try saga-edition.com.

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

I don't know what "Ship Sheet" you want. If you click on my signature, Compiled files of all resource documents & reference tools, you will find updated file of Sagasheet, as well as a file called "CustomStarshipTool_v102.xls" which contains the stats for all ships and vehicles.

I don't know what BFE stands for.

For play-by-post games, try saga-edition.com.

Bum f**k Egypt. - The middle of nowhere.
Does anyone known if Ilmion's version of the sheet works with Microsoft Excell 2003? I just downgraded so I'd like to know if possible.
Does anyone known if Ilmion's version of the sheet works with Microsoft Excell 2003? I just downgraded so I'd like to know if possible.

It works with Excel 2003. That's what I've been using since the dawn of time.

That was precisely what I was looking for, thank you very much. One question, though; I am using Office 2010 like others who have had problems, and when I try to select a ship all I see are a list of numbers. This suggests to me that the wrong variable field is being accessed, which makes me think it is the 2010 problem I saw posted earlier about the SagaSheet.

Would you have any idea how I might correct this problem? I have no idea how to edit a spreadsheet, but I can follow instructions very well, so if you could tell me what needs to be done I will happily do it.

Lastly, if someone could tell me how to edit the data in my spreadsheets so I can make the fix to SagaSheet, that would be much help.

Many thanks.

That was precisely what I was looking for, thank you very much. One question, though; I am using Office 2010 like others who have had problems, and when I try to select a ship all I see are a list of numbers. This suggests to me that the wrong variable field is being accessed, which makes me think it is the 2010 problem I saw posted earlier about the SagaSheet.

Would you have any idea how I might correct this problem? I have no idea how to edit a spreadsheet, but I can follow instructions very well, so if you could tell me what needs to be done I will happily do it.

Lastly, if someone could tell me how to edit the data in my spreadsheets so I can make the fix to SagaSheet, that would be much help.

Many thanks.

I have no idea, since I've only ever used Excel 2003. You would think Microsoft would be "on the ball" with backwards compatibility.

Maybe try an Excel viewer?

While I'm not entirely sure what UTF1-3 do, RA1-RA10 are used to fetch the data for Racial Abilities.

When converting to a Macro-enabled Excel Sheet, the above named cells are renamed with a _ prefix:  _RA1, _RA2, etc.

To fix the racial abilities, edit the SpeciesRacialAbilities Sub in the 'Character' sheet as follows:

Around line 1318, you should see the following block:

For x = 1 To 10
Character.Range("RA" & x).Value = RA(x, 1)
If Not Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment Is Nothing Then
Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment.Delete
End If
If RA(x, 2) <> "" Then
Character.Range("RA" & x).AddComment (RA(x, 2))
Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Width = 150
Character.Range("RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Height = 10 + (Len(RA(x, 2)) / 30) * 10
End If
Next x

You need to replace all instances of "RA" with "_RA".  When you're done, it should look like this:

For x = 1 To 10 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Value = RA(x, 1) 
If Not Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment Is Nothing Then 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment.Delete 
End If 
If RA(x, 2) <> "" Then 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).AddComment (RA(x, 2)) 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Width = 150 
Character.Range("_RA" & x).Comment.Shape.Height = 10 + (Len(RA(x, 2)) / 30) * 10 
End If 
Next x

Remember, only update "RA", not RA.

Good catch ! but they are other place in the macro code that "RA" is used. It is used in the statblock generation and attack calculation. Too much line of code to post here, but is you open the macro and do a reseach in the whole projet, you'll find the other reference.

Hi Ilmion! Here’s my new list of errors for version 0.5:

Sagasheet 1.4, Ilmion fixed 0.5 Errors:

Droid tab: Droid Degree error:

When I select “Droid” in Character tab, the Droid Degree drop-down menu is frozen (cell D8 in “Droid” tab). It’s supposed to allow you to select 5 different degrees of droid. It’s stuck on “4th (combat, security)”

Droid tab: Systems error:

Intermittent error: The “Systems” drop-down menu does not always match the “System Type.” For example, if I try to change an “Appendage” in System Type and it should display things like “hand, claw, etc”. Instead it shows me the Accessories.

Partial fix: If I delete the “System Type” and then select it again, then it will display the correct “Systems” in the drop-down menu.

Droid tab: Hardened Systems error:

Hardened Systems is not adding any bonus to hp and damage threshold

Character tab: Weapon Proficiency (simple) Battle Droid bonus feat error:

When I select Species “Battle Droid”, the bonus feat drop-down menu at the bottom appears (cell C34 in the Character tab), and I can select any Weapon Proficiency and it will add it to the “feats” tab. However, if I select Weapon Proficiency (simple), it will not add Weapon Proficiency (simple) to the “Feats” tab. All the other Weapon Proficiency work fine.

Character tab: Cannot make large Battle Droids error:

If I select any stock droid chassis (ex: "Battle Droid"), I cannot make larger than medium droids. I try select the size from the drop-down menu (cell G8 in the Character tab). But no matter what size I enter (ex: Huge), it goes back to Medium. If I select plain “Droid,” I am able to make larger droids. In ”Droid” tab cell N4, the size says “medium” no matter what I enter in “character” tab cell G8.

Languages tab: Felucianese error:

I can’t select Felucianese from the Extra Languages drop-down menu

Feats tab: Recurring Success error:

Cannot select a feat or talent with Recurring Success (the boxes appear, but they are greyed out and I can’t put anything in the box to select it). The "Recurring Success boxes"appear in Column M in the Feats tab, and Column R in the Talents tab.

Kudos on your tireless bug-hunting crusade, Richter.

I wonder if it would be worth talking about the future of SagaSheet in terms of upgrades and new features. I don't know about the rest of you, but my big two requests would be:

1) Make the sheet work better with more recent editions of Excel (2003 was a long time ago, after all)

2) Have it generate a better-looking character sheet. SagaForge has a really nice sheet (albeit with tiny fonts I can barely read)

What would YOUR SagaSheet "wish list" features be?
Hello Everyone!

I am totally new here...better late then never I guess, heh. I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you all for all of your hard work on the saga edition source material. There is some really great stuff here. Until I came here, it has been a virtual wasteland outthere for Saga stuff....I have never seen anything like it! I used to do a lot of this sort of stuff when I was younger, but these days I just don't seem to have the time and the drive I once had. Nice to see that the spirit of keeping Star Wars Saga Edition is alive and well, post license. Thank you for your vigilance!

To my questions, I am searching high and low for some source material on the Death Watch, most notably Pre Vizsla, but there is NOTHING out there...anywhere! He is such a cool character. Do any of you have any material made up for him? NPC statistics, equipment, henchmen, ect? Also...I REALLY need a character right up for Lethal Alliance droid, Z-58-0, or otherwise known as "Zeebo"! Again, there is nothing out there for this cool little droid or his companion. I have never had such a hard time finding source material as I have for post license Saga. Thanks in advance!

LuftWulf 
Something I noticed.

On the Sagasheet 1.4 (.5 ilioman fixed) version, when you select astromech droid as your species, it should automatically make Mechanics a class skill and give you skill focus in either mechanics or use computer.

I don't know if It's just me but neither of those things happen. I've tried it on Windows 7 and XP, excel 2007.

SagaSheet is failing to add my Con modifier to my starting hit points. My level 1 Smuggler with a 13 Con is showing as having 18 hit points.
SagaSheet is failing to add my Con modifier to my starting hit points. My level 1 Smuggler with a 13 Con is showing as having 18 hit points.

Do you have the latest version of Sagasheet? It should be "1.4 Ilmion fixed 0.5." You can download it from Ilmion's signature, or my signature. Click on "Compiled Files...." and scroll down and download the file called "Sagasheet..."

Yep, that's the one I'm using. Is this thing still not compatible with Excel 2007?
Yep, that's the one I'm using. Is this thing still not compatible with Excel 2007?

I still have it issues with excel 2007. One last thing you might check is that the security in excel let your execute macros.

I still have it issues with excel 2007. One last thing you might check is that the security in excel let your execute macros.

Did you see my latest bug report (a few posts back)?

I have. I've aded them to my list, some of them are fairly minor that will be fixed in the next version.

I have. I've aded them to my list, some of them are fairly minor that will be fixed in the next version.

Cool.

Yeah, the first thing I do when I open the sheet is to enable the macros.

I just re-downloaded the current version and it still has a +2 miscellaneous bonus to Perception. I have looked for where it is coming from but have not found it yet.
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility
I just re-downloaded the current version and it still has a +2 miscellaneous bonus to Perception. I have looked for where it is coming from but have not found it yet.

Check for the helmet package in the Equipment tab. If not, select a Droid in the Character tab and click on the Droid tab. It could be coming from there.

It's the default droid that is causing the problem. Thanks for the help.
Hi guys!

I'm finding a problem, sorry if it has been asked before, can't seem to find it in the thread...

Anyhow, when I build a hero battle droid the "extra ability scores" slots in the abilities and classes tab for when you gain 4 levels never activate... they do work if I try to create a human hero, for example...

Is this a known issue?

My current sheet 1.4 Ilmion refuses to pull up any species stats.  It only happens when I upconvert from 97-03
Hi guys!

I'm finding a problem, sorry if it has been asked before, can't seem to find it in the thread...

Anyhow, when I build a hero battle droid the "extra ability scores" slots in the abilities and classes tab for when you gain 4 levels never activate... they do work if I try to create a human hero, for example...

Is this a known issue?

Download the latest version of Sagasheet. It can be found in my signature under "Compiled Files..." or Ilmion's signature.

My current sheet 1.4 Ilmion refuses to pull up any species stats.  It only happens when I upconvert from 97-03

So are you saying that you are trying to save the file as a .xlsm?  If this is the case, my first question is, what is the necessity for doing so?  Is there a reason you can't leave it as a .xls?

WINNER OF YOU BUILD THE CHARACTER #6 - Qui-Gon Jinn "For 300 years we prepared, we grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power." -Lord Malgus, The Old Republic Trailer "Am I the only one that saw the film and thought Obi-Wan was expressing an opinion of moral superiority/ideological victory with his statement? Y'know, instead of stating to the highly experienced combatant in front of him the obvious fact that he stood a few meters below him on the vertical axis?" -d20 Radio regarding Obi-Wan's comment to Anakin "It's over Anakin. I have the high ground."

So are you saying that you are trying to save the file as a .xlsm?  If this is the case, my first question is, what is the necessity for doing so?  Is there a reason you can't leave it as a .xls?

...I suppose not.
Thanks for the fixed Character Sheet richterbelmont10!

Seriously, your resources are amazing! 
richterbelmont10 I noticed a bug in the revised Character Sheet.

None of the droid armors have a max Dex bonus to AC, so the excel always adds the full Dex bonus to AC, regardless of armor used.

Don't know if it's a know bug, but though it would be a good idea to point it out  
richterbelmont10, when I attempted to switch to a blank droid on the sheet I got this bug:

x = NewDroid.Range("NewDroidNo").Value + DroidData.Range("DroidListStart").row - 1

Thanks for the fixed Character Sheet richterbelmont10!

Seriously, your resources are amazing! 

I aim to please.

richterbelmont10 I noticed a bug in the revised Character Sheet.

None of the droid armors have a max Dex bonus to AC, so the excel always adds the full Dex bonus to AC, regardless of armor used.

Don't know if it's a know bug, but though it would be a good idea to point it out  

We'll have to let Ilmion know. He's the one that actually can fix the sheet. I only host it on my account. Note that there are a lot of problems with the "Droid" tab.

Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed 0.5 ::ERROR:: When Armor is selected in Droid tab, the "Max Dex" does not work.

Here's a lost of known errors:
Sagasheet 1.4, Ilmion fixed 0.5 Errors

Error

Droid tab: When I select “Droid” in Character tab, the Droid Degree drop-down menu is frozen (cell D8 in “Droid” tab). It’s supposed to allow you to select 5 different degrees of droid. It’s stuck on “4th (combat, security)”

Droid tab: Intermittent error: The “Systems” drop-down menu does not always match the “System Type.” For example, if I try to change an “Appendage” in System Type and it should display things like “hand, claw, etc”. Instead it shows me the Accessories.

Partial fix: If I delete the “System Type” and then select it again, then it will display the correct “Systems” in the drop-down menu.

Droid tab: Hardened Systems is not adding any bonus to hp and damage threshold

Character tab: When I select Species “Battle Droid”, the bonus feat drop-down menu at the bottom appears (cell C34), and I can select any Weapon Proficiency and it will add it to the “feats” tab. However, if I select Weapon Proficiency (simple), it will not add Weapon Proficiency (simple) to the “Feats” tab. All the other Weapon Proficiency work fine.

Character tab: If I select any stock droid chassis (ex: “Battle Droid”), I cannot make larger than medium droids. I try select the size from the drop-down menu (cell G8). But no matter what size I enter (ex: Huge), it goes back to Medium. If I select plain “Droid,” I am able to make larger droids. In ”Droid” tab cell N4, the size says “medium” no matter what I enter in “character” tab cell G8.

Languages tab: I can’t select Felucianese from the Extra Languages drop-down menu

Feats tab: Cannot select a feat or talent with Recurring Success (the boxes appear, but they are greyed out and I can’t put anything in the box to select it)

Feats tab: Droid Shield Mastery not available even when prerequisites met. I selected “Droid” and added an SR 20 shield generator

Droid tab: When Armor is selected in Droid tab, the "Max Dex" does not work

richterbelmont10, when I attempted to switch to a blank droid on the sheet I got this bug:

x = NewDroid.Range("NewDroidNo").Value + DroidData.Range("DroidListStart").row - 1

You'll have to be more specific. Do you mean when you select "Droid" from the "Character" tab?

Sign In to post comments