Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
Also, I've just notice that there is a little problem with the bonus skill house rule, if you select you bonus trained skill to be Use The Force, if won't qualify for the Force Training and Force Regimen Mastery feat (because it need to says "Feat" or "Yes" in the trained column...).

Yes. I pointed that out 2 posts ago in in post # 2075.

Just to be clear, what you've repport is fixed. It's the new house tule I've added that it don't work. The house rule permit Bonus Trained Skill (like the one humans gets) to be any skill even if not class-skill. When the house rule is activated, you can choose the trained skill with a dropdown list in the bottom of the Character Sheet. The selected skill has "Species" written in the trained column of the Skills sheet and "Species" is not recognize by the Force Training and Force Regimen Mastery feat.

If you are interested in tha house rule what I've should have done is like the other feats that have a prerequisite of a trained skill and look if it is different that nothing. Change this
OR(TUseTheForce="Yes";TUseTheForce="Feat")
in cell F141 and F143 of the Feat sheet for this
TUseTheForce <> ""

Ok sorry. I didn't know you were talking about the house rule.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Hey guys. I'm getting an error when I try to make a Battle Droid using the HK-Series chassis.

ElseIf SysSub = True Then
        'For x = 1 To 9
            With NewDroid.Range("DroidSystem" & SysNo & "Sub1:DroidSystem" & SysNo & "Sub9").Validation
                .Delete
                .Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator:= _
                xlBetween, Formula1:="=DroidValidation" & SubType & "Sub"

Species on the Character Tab is set to "Droid", Droid Type on the Droid tab is "Standard Droid Model, 4th Degree", Droid Model is "HK-Series", Droid Degree is "4th (Combat, Security).

Any ideas?
Hey guys. I'm getting an error when I try to make a Battle Droid using the HK-Series chassis.

ElseIf SysSub = True Then
        'For x = 1 To 9
            With NewDroid.Range("DroidSystem" & SysNo & "Sub1:DroidSystem" & SysNo & "Sub9").Validation
                .Delete
                .Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator:= _
                xlBetween, Formula1:="=DroidValidation" & SubType & "Sub"

Species on the Character Tab is set to "Droid", Droid Type on the Droid tab is "Standard Droid Model, 4th Degree", Droid Model is "HK-Series", Droid Degree is "4th (Combat, Security).

Any ideas?

What book and page is HK-Series chassis from? I can't find it anywhere.

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

What book and page is HK-Series chassis from? I can't find it anywhere.

Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide, it's in the Equipment Chapter, Droids section in a side-bar.

I don't have the book with me at the moment, so I can't be any more specific than that.
=\

Whatever this error is, it's causing a critical failure in my Excel, as I can't even choose "end" on the Debug box and continue to edit data.  It crashes Excel so hard I have to reboot (because I don't want to wait for Vista to try to recover a 8 mb excel file).
I see where the problem is for the HK-Series. In a nutshell here is what you need to do.
In the Droid Data sheet :
 - replace DK60 "Comlink" for "Vocabulator"
Hmmm, now I'm getting crash errors from excel.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    EXCEL.EXE
  Application Version:    12.0.4518.1014
  Application Timestamp:    45428263
  Fault Module Name:    EXCEL.EXE
  Fault Module Version:    12.0.4518.1014
  Fault Module Timestamp:    45428263
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00657a3a
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:    1033
  Brand:    Office12Crash
  skulcid:    1033

Read our privacy statement:
  go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&cl...
Hmmm, now I'm getting crash errors from excel.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    EXCEL.EXE
  Application Version:    12.0.4518.1014
  Application Timestamp:    45428263
  Fault Module Name:    EXCEL.EXE
  Fault Module Version:    12.0.4518.1014
  Fault Module Timestamp:    45428263
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00657a3a
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:    1033
  Brand:    Office12Crash
  skulcid:    1033

Read our privacy statement:
  go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&cl...

What are you doing to get the crash?

Selecting Feats or Talents.

Either causes an immediate and sudden crash of Excel.

It goes straight to "Microsoft Excel has stopped working.  Please choose the following."  and gives me the option to try and look for a solution online and restart, or just try to restart Excel.

One of my fellow gamers was getting the same thing when he selects equipment.

Selecting Feats or Talents.

Either causes an immediate and sudden crash of Excel.

It goes straight to "Microsoft Excel has stopped working.  Please choose the following."  and gives me the option to try and look for a solution online and restart, or just try to restart Excel.

One of my fellow gamers was getting the same thing when he selects equipment.

Well, I made a character, selected feats, talents, skills, equipment, and there were no problems.

What version of Excel are you using? I'm using 2003.

Does it happen all the time, no matter what race or feats you choose?

Interesing.

I'm using 2007.  And it happens every time I go to select feats or talents.
Interesing.

I'm using 2007.  And it happens every time I go to select feats or talents.

I'm afraid I can't help you with that. I only have Excel 2003, and it works perfectly.

Maybe Ilmion or someone else with Excel 2007 can help you.

Did Kenad officially wash his hands of this project or is he coming back one day?
Did Kenad officially wash his hands of this project or is he coming back one day?

I don't know. But Ilmion's doing a fine job of keeping it running.

About DarthGM crashs, I'm unable to reproduce the bug, but I've read a little about that and it seem a rare condition can cause that. And once it has occure, the file can stay corrupted and it may not open again. They suggest using www.repair-excel-file.com/ to restore de file if you want to get it content back. Also, have you tried downloading the sheet again ?

Agreed. Any chance of an update to the sheet IImion-sensei? ^_~

Agreed. Any chance of an update to the sheet IImion-sensei? ^_~

Click on Ilmion's signature.

I've updated to 0.4 my fixes recently and I'm working on 0.5. Do you have something in mind when you ask for an update ? any bug you haven't seen posted here you you really want badly ?

Also and this is for everyone, if you have found bug and have found the fix for it, post the bug and the fix, I'll combine them with my version. (as I hope I've done so far)
I've updated to 0.4 my fixes recently and I'm working on 0.5. Do you have something in mind when you ask for an update ? any bug you haven't seen posted here you you really want badly ?

Also and this is for everyone, if you have found bug and have found the fix for it, post the bug and the fix, I'll combine them with my version. (as I hope I've done so far)

Bug: I can't be more general, but I created an HK-series droid by selecting droid from the species menu and the attack modifers were all off.  I did switch the soldier level with scout.  If somebody could verify this it may be good for the droid function.  By the way Ilmion, well done on fixing the droid tab, it works pretty well otherwise.

Bug: I can't be more general, but I created an HK-series droid by selecting droid from the species menu and the attack modifers were all off.  I did switch the soldier level with scout.  If somebody could verify this it may be good for the droid function.  By the way Ilmion, well done on fixing the droid tab, it works pretty well otherwise.

There was an HK chassis issue raised in post #2083. The fix Ilmion suggested was posted soon after. Did you enter the fix? Here it is:

I see where the problem is for the HK-Series. In a nutshell here is what you need to do.

Sagasheet 1.4, Ilmion fixed 0.4 Error:

Hit die error: Gunslinger prestige class has a hit die of d8, not d10. In column U of the Classes tab, it’s showing “10” for Gunslinger.

Fix:
In Data sheet, column CO26, change from 10 to 8.

On the character sheet what are the 50 blocked used for next to the weapon area?

Triple Crit feat error: When I select Triple Crit feat, the drop-down menu should be giving me a list single exotic weapons or one of the following weapon groups: advanced melee weapons, heavy weapons, lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons, or unarmed attacks. Right now, the drop-down menu is giving me a list of all weapons. When I try to select Triple Crit, I get an error message: Run-time error '13': Type mismatch.

Fix:
???????????

On the character sheet what are the 50 blocked used for next to the weapon area?

I think it's to keep track of your weapon's ammo.

There was an HK chassis issue raised in post #2083. The fix Ilmion suggested was posted soon after. Did you enter the fix? Here it is:

Yeah, I already got that fix, the attack modifiers are still reading in the negatives for some reason.

Yeah, I already got that fix, the attack modifiers are still reading in the negatives for some reason.

Ok, I've figured out what is causing your error. It's the armor. When you switch from Soldier to Scout, you lose the Armor Proficiency (light, medium) starting feats. And since the HK is wearing armor, you now take the -5 Armor Check Penalty on attack rolls. That's why your attack rolls are taking a -5 penalty.

To fix this problem, you can:

1) In the Droid tab, remove the "Armor, Light - Durasteel Battle Armor" entry.

or

2) You will need to get the feat Armor Proficiency (medium) feat in order to use that armor without taking the Armor Check Penalty.

Ok, I've figured out what is causing your error. It's the armor. When you switch from Soldier to Scout, you lose the Armor Proficiency (light, medium) starting feats. And since the HK is wearing armor, you now take the -5 Armor Check Penalty on attack rolls. That's why your attack rolls are taking a -5 penalty.

To fix this problem, you can:

1) In the Droid tab, remove the "Armor, Light - Durasteel Battle Armor" entry.

or

2) You will need to get the feat Armor Proficiency (medium) feat in order to use that armor without taking the Armor Check Penalty.

Ahhh, you're right.  Not so much a bug as an oversight.  Thanks for clarifying.

Triple Crit feat error: When I select Triple Crit feat, the drop-down menu should be giving me a list single exotic weapons or one of the following weapon groups: advanced melee weapons, heavy weapons, lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons, or unarmed attacks. Right now, the drop-down menu is giving me a list of all weapons. When I try to select Triple Crit, I get an error message: Run-time error '13': Type mismatch.

Fix:
???????????

The feat description seem to need more preceision on the weapon you choose, has this been clarified ? The text in the book : '"Choose one type of weapon, such as blaster pistol, vibrodagger, or lightsaber..."

Fix:
???????????

The feat description seem to need more preceision on the weapon you choose, has this been clarified ? The text in the book : '"Choose one type of weapon, such as blaster pistol, vibrodagger, or lightsaber..."

I'm sorry. You are correct. I did not read the feat description properly.

But when I select a weapon for Triple Crit, I still get the error message.

Fix:
???????????

Remove the formula in cell X373 abd X374 of the Feats sheet. I do not know what this formula was doing there, this column is use to determine if this feat is considered a bonus feat for the Defensive Follower. I'm not familliar with the Follower mechanic, but what I've just read do say they only gain feat from talents of the hero.

There is still a problem with the Triple Crit, it become available even if you are not proficient with the weapon selected. I'm working on that and because I find it is a too fancy formula, you'll have to wait for the next update.

Fix:
???????????

Remove the formula in cell X373 abd X374 of the Feats sheet. I do not know what this formula was doing there, this column is use to determine if this feat is considered a bonus feat for the Defensive Follower. I'm not familliar with the Follower mechanic, but what I've just read do say they only gain feat from talents of the hero.

There is still a problem with the Triple Crit, it become available even if you are not proficient with the weapon selected. I'm working on that and because I find it is a too fancy formula, you'll have to wait for the next update.

Thanks! Triple Crit feat works now!

About DarthGM crashs, I'm unable to reproduce the bug, but I've read a little about that and it seem a rare condition can cause that. And once it has occure, the file can stay corrupted and it may not open again. They suggest using www.repair-excel-file.com/ to restore de file if you want to get it content back. Also, have you tried downloading the sheet again ?

Just downloaded it again.  Went to make a character and, once again, she crashed when I started selecting Noble talents.  When I try to repair I get an error message:

SagaSheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0 (version 1).xls: file format is not valid

Here's his stats in case you want to try to repilcate my bug.

Using the Background Rules, he's from the Planet Fondor, with Mechanics and Use Computer as his class skills from that back ground.

Medium Human noble 5
Destiny 4; Force 7
Init +9; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic, Bocce, Durese, High Galactic, Huttese, Mon Calamarian, Shyriiwook, Sluissese, Verpine

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 16), Fort 16, Will 17
hp 39; Threshold 16

Speed 6 squares
Melee survival knife + 3 (1d6+2)
Ranged blaster cannon + 6 (3d12+2, 1-square splash) or
Ranged blaster pistol + 5 (3d6+4)
Base Atk + 3; Grp + 5
Special Actions Stand Tall

Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 10, Cha 12
Talents Educated, Exceptional Skill (Mechanics), Wealth
Feats Droidcraft, Linguist, Skill Focus (Mechanics), Stand Tall, Tech Specialist, Weapon Proficiency (heavy weapons, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Gather Information +8, Initiative +9, Knowledge (physical sciences) +10, Knowledge (technology) +10, Mechanics +15 (treat die rolls of 2-7 as 8), Perception +7, Persuasion +8, Pilot +9, Treat Injury +7, Use Computer +10
Possessions blaster cannon (tech specialist mod; +1 attack), blaster pistol (tech specialist mod; +2 damage), 24390 credits, survival knife, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), datapad, 2 hip holsters, medical kit, 4 medpacs, tool kit

Just downloaded it again.  Went to make a character and, once again, she crashed when I started selecting Noble talents.  When I try to repair I get an error message:

SagaSheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0 (version 1).xls: file format is not valid

Here's his stats in case you want to try to repilcate my bug.

Using the Background Rules, he's from the Planet Fondor, with Mechanics and Use Computer as his class skills from that back ground.

Medium Human noble 5
Destiny 4; Force 7
Init +9; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic, Bocce, Durese, High Galactic, Huttese, Mon Calamarian, Shyriiwook, Sluissese, Verpine

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 16), Fort 16, Will 17
hp 39; Threshold 16

Speed 6 squares
Melee survival knife + 3 (1d6+2)
Ranged blaster cannon + 6 (3d12+2, 1-square splash) or
Ranged blaster pistol + 5 (3d6+4)
Base Atk + 3; Grp + 5
Special Actions Stand Tall

Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 10, Cha 12
Talents Educated, Exceptional Skill (Mechanics), Wealth
Feats Droidcraft, Linguist, Skill Focus (Mechanics), Stand Tall, Tech Specialist, Weapon Proficiency (heavy weapons, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Gather Information +8, Initiative +9, Knowledge (physical sciences) +10, Knowledge (technology) +10, Mechanics +15 (treat die rolls of 2-7 as 8), Perception +7, Persuasion +8, Pilot +9, Treat Injury +7, Use Computer +10
Possessions blaster cannon (tech specialist mod; +1 attack), blaster pistol (tech specialist mod; +2 damage), 24390 credits, survival knife, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), datapad, 2 hip holsters, medical kit, 4 medpacs, tool kit

I replicated your character exactly, and I had no problems at all. But like I said, I'm using Excel 2003, and you're using Excel 2007.

Why does your error message say: "SagaSheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0 (version 1).xls"? The name of the file should be "SagaSheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0.4.xls)"

That's kinda what I expected.  Sad, as this update sounds really helpful to my needs.
Undecided

(And I have no clue about the mis-matched name of the file)
Okay, I think I figured it out.

Either it didn't like me trying to load everything at once, meaning I enter 5 levels of Noble on the Class Selection section, then jump over to talents to choose the 3 talents...

or

It didn't like me having another Excel sheet open at the same time. (which is what I was jumping back and forth from to reference entries).

I got it to work, able to enter a character.  Even let me load in the HK Series droid.

2 questions/bug reports:

First the Feats section still lists Armor Prof (Medium) as a taken/bonus skill, but the HK chassis swapped that out for Weapon Focus (Rifles).  (Or Weapon Group (Heavy), take your pick). 

Also, the final character sheet lists the HK's speed as 0, but the Stat Block shows the right speed (6).

Thoughts?
Sagasheet 1.4, Ilmion fixed 0.4 Errors:

Language Error: Anarrians can speak Basic
Fix: In Data sheet, enter “Basic” in cell AK8 (without the quotes)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feat error: Unswerving Resolve description is not correct when you click on cells H382 and I382. It is showing Unstoppable Force description.
Fix: In cells H382 and I382, go to Data > Validation > Input Message, and enter “Gain temporary FP if targeted by fear- or mind-affecting effect that fails to beat your Will”

2 questions/bug reports:

First the Feats section still lists Armor Prof (Medium) as a taken/bonus skill, but the HK chassis swapped that out for Weapon Focus (Rifles).  (Or Weapon Group (Heavy), take your pick).

The statblock for the HK series droid has 1 too many feats than is allowed. Just delete the selected feats and select your own feats. If in doubt, Clear the feats tab and start over with selecting a Scout class.

Also, the final character sheet lists the HK's speed as 0, but the Stat Block shows the right speed (6).

This seems to be an error. Any droid I make shows Speed 0 in the "Character Sheet" tab. But it shows the correct speed in the "Statblock" tab.

Just want to say excellent spreadsheet.  I'm having problems saving it in Excel 2007 format.  I realize you have 2003, but I was wondering if anybody had any tips/tricks on how to successfully save in with Excel 2007 and still maintain the spreadsheets integrity?  As soon as I save and close, it becomes unstable when I go to open it back up again and enter information.

Anyway, thanks for any help! 
Not sure if the sheet creator is still maintaining this nice generator, but I wanted to let them know that the Fortune Talents are broken.

When you select Fool's Luck, it does not open Avert Disaster or Better Lucky than Dead. I would repair it on my sheet but I can't figure out how... might need the password to unlock the sheet.

Anyway, great job!
Not sure if the sheet creator is still maintaining this nice generator, but I wanted to let them know that the Fortune Talents are broken.

When you select Fool's Luck, it does not open Avert Disaster or Better Lucky than Dead. I would repair it on my sheet but I can't figure out how... might need the password to unlock the sheet.

Anyway, great job!

The original creator do not maintain it anymore, but it is my pleasure to do. Click in the link in my signature for the most recent version. It fixes the bug you say.

If you find any other bug in my corrected version, post it here. I know they are still a lot of them (specialy for droids...), some that are already posted here and other I have found.

Happy gaming !

Some things that I have found using the SagaSheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0.3) version:

1) Clicking the master craft check box next to an item does not affect the price. I was able to correct this error whit the following script, modifyed by item number:

=IF(EquipEquip2<>"",IF(EquipEquip2Num="",LOOKUP(EquipEquip2,EquipEquipList,EquipEquipListPrice)+IF(EquipEquip2MC=TRUE,IF(LOOKUP(EquipEquip2,EquipEquipList,EquipEquipListPrice)*0.1<1000,1000,LOOKUP(EquipEquip2,EquipEquipList,EquipEquipListPrice)*0.1),0),EquipEquip2Num*LOOKUP(EquipEquip2,EquipEquipList,EquipEquipListPrice)+IF(EquipEquip2MC=TRUE,IF(LOOKUP(EquipEquip2,EquipEquipList,EquipEquipListPrice)*0.1<1000,1000,LOOKUP(EquipEquip2,EquipEquipList,EquipEquipListPrice)*0.1),0)),"")

2) there should be a mastercraft check box next to the Head item that adds a +1 to that equipemt.
3) The math on the modify weapons is wrong. It calculates the price increase for one mod correctly, but after that I don't know where it gets the numbrs from.
4) If you slect the shards species you can only go to the Droid tab once or the character sheet resets to blank.
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility
Sign In to post comments