Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
The bonuses from the Martial Arts feats are not displaying on the characters sheet or stat block. I've just made a character who has all three feats, and none of the damage die changes are reflected, nor are the dodge bonuses to Ref defense.
The bonuses from the Martial Arts feats are not displaying on the characters sheet or stat block. I've just made a character who has all three feats, and none of the damage die changes are reflected, nor are the dodge bonuses to Ref defense.

This is a problem with the "Weapons" tab. The "Weapons" tab does not auto-calculate until you actually click on the "Weapons" tab.

What you need to do after you select the Martial Arts feats (or any other feat that modifies your attack) is to click on the "Weapons" tab. Then the "Weapons" sheet will auto-calculate the new attack bonuses. It will then include your increased die step from Martial Arts. Then you can click on the "Statblock" sheet and it will be displayed. It's annoying, but that's how it works for now.

Even when you add class levels in the "Classes" sheet, the increased BAB will not display in the "Statblock" until you click on the "Weapons" tab.

Basically, I suggest you click on the "Weapons" tab every time just before you print your Statblock. That way, you are sure everything is calculated.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Thanks, Richter, I'll give that a try.

Also, is the starting hit points calculation broken? I rolled up a soldier with a 13 Con, and the Hit Points box shows him having 30 starting hit points instead of 31. I then checked some other characters I had made, and it was the same issue - the Hit Points box seems to be ignoring the Con modifier when calculating level 1 hp values.
Thanks, Richter, I'll give that a try.

Also, is the starting hit points calculation broken? I rolled up a soldier with a 13 Con, and the Hit Points box shows him having 30 starting hit points instead of 31. I then checked some other characters I had made, and it was the same issue - the Hit Points box seems to be ignoring the Con modifier when calculating level 1 hp values.

I made a Human Soldier 1 with varying CON values. Everything calculated correctly. I got 33 HP with CON 16, 32 hp with CON 14, 31 hp with CON 12, 30 hp with CON 10, and 29 hp with CON 8.

What species did you use? Are you sure you didn't select a species that has a -2 CON penalty? That would drop your starting CON from 13 to 11 and your starting hp from 31 to 30.

Also, what version of Sagasheet are you using? I'm using "Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed 0.3"

If you want to download my version of Sagasheet, click on Compiled files of all resource documents & reference tools in my signature and select Sagasheet. Or just click here. Note that I made some changes to my version according to my personal preferences.

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

I think I'm using just plain 1.4.  I'll update and try it again.

Thanks!
I tried your version, RB, and the hit points thing still does not work for me. I did notice that it says "Compatibility Mode" up by the filename. Not sure why it's running in that.

I also hit a type mismatch when I chose "blaster rifle, sniping" as a weapon. 
I tried your version, RB, and the hit points thing still does not work for me. I did notice that it says "Compatibility Mode" up by the filename. Not sure why it's running in that.

It sounds like you're using Excel 2007 or later. I'm using 2003. I'm afraid I don't know what else to tell you.

I also hit a type mismatch when I chose "blaster rifle, sniping" as a weapon. 

I get that problem too.

Yeah, I'm on Excel 2007. I guess not all of the sheet's functions are compatiable with it. Manually adjusting the hit poinmts is easy enough, so it's not too big a deal. Though it make sme wonder what else isn't working that I haven't noticed yet.
Another thing I have noticed, on the standard Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed .3, in Excel 2003, it appears that all characters start with an extraneous +2 to Perception.  I've tested it with level 1s of various races and classes and Perception is always 2 points higher than it should be.

EDIT: And actually, a completely blank sheet with no changes made to it has a +2 Perception, all other skills being +0.

Sorry if it's already been identified and fixed, seems like that would be a really obvious thing.  From searching this thread, I've noticed that recent bugfixes included modifying a +2 bonus to Perception from helmet packages; perhaps another bug was introduced?
For some reason everybody also gets darkvision.
Another thing I have noticed, on the standard Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed .3, in Excel 2003, it appears that all characters start with an extraneous +2 to Perception.  I've tested it with level 1s of various races and classes and Perception is always 2 points higher than it should be.

EDIT: And actually, a completely blank sheet with no changes made to it has a +2 Perception, all other skills being +0.

Sorry if it's already been identified and fixed, seems like that would be a really obvious thing.  From searching this thread, I've noticed that recent bugfixes included modifying a +2 bonus to Perception from helmet packages; perhaps another bug was introduced?

Not sure. It's usually something to do with the helmet package. Try downloading my version of Sagasheet. If you want to download my version of Sagasheet, click on Compiled files of all resource documents & reference tools in my signature and select Sagasheet. Or just click here. Note that I made some changes to my version according to my personal preferences.

For some reason everybody also gets darkvision.

The fix for that was in a previous post. Here it is:

Thanks for noticing, there is two ways you can correct that. The simplest is to change the species to Droid and in the droid sheet create a custom droid without systems. Then you can go back and select the species you want.

The problem come from the fact that the darvision and low-light vision calculation verify the droid systems even if the species is not a droid.

The second way, the "correct" way, will be include in the next release.

Could someone tell when a new version of generator is going to be?
1) I'm not experiencing the automatic +2 to Perception issue. But then I fixed the "droid tab granting darkvision to everyone" issue already, maybe it was tied in with that?

2) What happened to the "(second wind +?/?)" line in the statblock? I remember asking if it could be fixed so as to provide 1/4 hp or Con score, whichever was higher as per RAW, and Kenad said he'd already put it into the new version, but now with Ilmion's .3 fix, I'm not seeing it at all. Ilmion, did you take it out for some reason?

3) I'm really struggling to get the droid tab to work at all. I want to modify a T1 bulk loader droid (KotOR CG), but of course it's not already in the sheet, so I'm trying to do a custom large droid, and it's not really letting me do anything. I select "custom - large" and the size box in the upper right corner stays at "small". And when I select "processor" in the System Type pulldown menu, but all I get in the Systems pulldown menu are the accessories. EDIT: OK, I managed to get the droid systems menus to work, but I'm still having problems. When I've got it set to custom droid, the Droid Degree pulldown menu doesn't work. And that means that I get a bunch of "#N/A" symbols for ability scores and their related skills. I was able to type in "5th degree" in the Droid Degree menu, and it then input some ability score modifiers, but they're incorrect. A 5th degree droid has STR +4, INT -4, CHA -4, but it's giving me DEX -2 and CHA -4 and that's it. I think custom droids are completely messed up in this sheet.

4) It won't let me select the Slammer droid feat even though I've met all the prerequisites.
"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

Interesting.  I loaded up Richter's sheet and tried to make a custom droid, and it looks like the whole box with all the options was never there in the original... All I had was the little data sheet to the right of it.  Mind you all I'm running all of this on Excel 2010... if that makes a difference.

What I really mean to say is that I never really had the option to customize a droid before... I guess.  Good thing I'm taking a computing course at my college... maybe one day I'll be able to actually help you guys Wink

Some more feedback:

-The lines for Relentless Attack in the feat section all have the description for Republic Military Training.

-When I select total replacement cyborg, is there a way to access the droid systems?

And Richter, when I load up your preferred sheet and enter a custom droid, I get an error message that sends me to this line:

If Feat.Range("PowerAttack").Value <> "Yes" And Beast.Range("BeastPowerAttack").Value <> 0 Then Beast.Range("BeastPowerAttack").Value = 0

and I am unable to choose a degree of droid from the drop bar.
2) What happened to the "(second wind +?/?)" line in the statblock? I remember asking if it could be fixed so as to provide 1/4 hp or Con score, whichever was higher as per RAW, and Kenad said he'd already put it into the new version, but now with Ilmion's .3 fix, I'm not seeing it at all. Ilmion, did you take it out for some reason?

In the "Statblock" tab, check the box on the right that's called "Show second wind."

3) I'm really struggling to get the droid tab to work at all. I want to modify a T1 bulk loader droid (KotOR CG), but of course it's not already in the sheet, so I'm trying to do a custom large droid, and it's not really letting me do anything. I select "custom - large" and the size box in the upper right corner stays at "small". And when I select "processor" in the System Type pulldown menu, but all I get in the Systems pulldown menu are the accessories. EDIT: OK, I managed to get the droid systems menus to work, but I'm still having problems. When I've got it set to custom droid, the Droid Degree pulldown menu doesn't work. And that means that I get a bunch of "#N/A" symbols for ability scores and their related skills. I was able to type in "5th degree" in the Droid Degree menu, and it then input some ability score modifiers, but they're incorrect. A 5th degree droid has STR +4, INT -4, CHA -4, but it's giving me DEX -2 and CHA -4 and that's it. I think custom droids are completely messed up in this sheet.

4) It won't let me select the Slammer droid feat even though I've met all the prerequisites.

Interesting.  I loaded up Richter's sheet and tried to make a custom droid, and it looks like the whole box with all the options was never there in the original... All I had was the little data sheet to the right of it.  Mind you all I'm running all of this on Excel 2010... if that makes a difference.

What I really mean to say is that I never really had the option to customize a droid before... I guess.  Good thing I'm taking a computing course at my college... maybe one day I'll be able to actually help you guys

Some more feedback:

-The lines for Relentless Attack in the feat section all have the description for Republic Military Training.

-When I select total replacement cyborg, is there a way to access the droid systems?

And Richter, when I load up your preferred sheet and enter a custom droid, I get an error message that sends me to this line:

If Feat.Range("PowerAttack").Value <> "Yes" And Beast.Range("BeastPowerAttack").Value <> 0 Then Beast.Range("BeastPowerAttack").Value = 0

and I am unable to choose a degree of droid from the drop bar.

Re: Droids and Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed 0.3:

Okay, I've come to discover that trying to create a droid character is impossible if you select “Droid” in the “character” menu. I get a “runtime error 13 type mismatch” when I do that. So forget that.

The only way you can make a droid with [Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed 0.3] is by selecting a stock droid chassis (by selecting “Droid, Labor” or  “Droid, Battle” or “Droid, Astromech,” etc, in the “character” menu). Also, you can only make a medium sized droid this way. Any other size doesn’t work. It won’t apply size bonuses or penalties. If I select “large” in the “character” tab in cell D6, when I return to the “character” tab, it says “medium”. In ”droid” tab cell N4, the size says “medium” no matter what I enter in “character” tab cell D6. Manually entering "large" in the ”droid” tab cell N4 doesn't seem to do anything. In the “character” tab, cell D6 has option for size, but no matter what I enter, it will go back to “medium”.

Therefore, you have 3 options:

1) Create a medium sized droid by selecting a stock droid chassis (by selecting “Droid, Labor” or “Droid, Battle” or “Droid, Astromech,” etc, in the “character” menu). Make the size bonuses and penalties and adjustments manually.

2) I tried reverting to an older version of Sagasheet: version 1.31b. I was able to successfully create a large T1 Bulk Loader Droid. The only thing with this version of Sagasheet is that it's missing 3 books: Scavenger's Guide to Droids, Galaxy of Intrigue, and Unknown Regions. So you won't have the feats and talents from those books. But you can make a large droid. You can use the "Bonus" tab or the "Notes" tab to add extra feats and talents.

Download Sagasheet 1.31b

Download my sample T1 Bulk Loader Droid (made with Sagasheet 1.31b)

3) Try using Sagaforge character generator to make a droid. I only have excel 2003. Sagaforge for Excel 2003 is not supported. So if you have Excel 2007, you can try using Sagaforge. It didn't work for me becasue I'm using Excel 2003. But it may work for you if you have Excel 2007. That's the program it was designed for.

Some more feedback:

To fix this, click on the cell. Go to Data > Validation > Input Message. Input the correct description. Note, I'm using Excel 2003, so it may be different for you.

In the "Statblock" tab, check the box on the right that's called "Show second wind."

Re: Droids and Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed 0.3:

Okay, I've come to discover that trying to create a droid character is impossible if you select “Droid” in the “character” menu. I get a “runtime error 13 type mismatch” when I do that. So forget that.

I got that once, but since then I've been able to use it. It's glitchy, but I managed to put something together (see here). I have v 1.31b, but I wanted to give the droid some stuff from SGtD, so I needed to use the more recent version.

EDIT: New glitch: the Mighty Throw feat doesn't appear to be adding my droid's STR modifier to its attack roll with a grenade (or other thrown weapon).
"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

While making a custom droid, I selected Storage, then internal storage. This gave me a third dropdown box, which included the concealed item and spring-loaded mechanism accessories, and also one called "toaster". Is that some kind easter egg joke, or is there actually a droid accessory called a toaster? I can't find one in either the core rulebook or SGtD. Also, when I select it, it doesn't stay selected. That makes me think it might be some kind of joke.

~ David G. Allen

While making a custom droid, I selected Storage, then internal storage. This gave me a third dropdown box, which included the concealed item and spring-loaded mechanism accessories, and also one called "toaster". Is that some kind easter egg joke, or is there actually a droid accessory called a toaster? I can't find one in either the core rulebook or SGtD. Also, when I select it, it doesn't stay selected. That makes me think it might be some kind of joke.

Took me a while to find, but it's in SGD page 56 under Courier Compatments. A toaster destroys whatever is in the secret compartment. It sounds like a safety measure. If ever the compartment is discovered, the droid can destroy its contents rather than let it fall into the wrong hands.

This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds....

This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds....

I think your toaster is faulty. ;)

Thanks for that, though.

~ David G. Allen

Some more bugs:

1) The Malkite Poisoner talents all require that you enter "1" in the field, even though the sheet converts that to "yes". It won't let you type in "yes" directly. It comes up with an error message.

2) Just noticed that the Miniaturized upgrade is reducing the damage dice of ranged weapons by one step. It's only supposed to do that with melee weapons.

~ David G. Allen

2) Just noticed that the Miniaturized upgrade is reducing the damage dice of ranged weapons by one step. It's only supposed to do that with melee weapons.

I get that error too.

Just for fun, I tried to miniaturize a hold-out blaster pistol (tiny weapon, 3d4 damage) to see what would happen. The size changed to Diminutive and the size box became highlighted in red, as if it was an error or it couldn't be used. The dice damage changed to 3d3. I wonder what that means. A medium species can't use a Diminutive weapon because it's too small?

Just for fun, I tried to miniaturize a hold-out blaster pistol (tiny weapon, 3d4 damage) to see what would happen. The size changed to Diminutive and the size box became highlighted in red, as if it was an error or it couldn't be used. The dice damage changed to 3d3. I wonder what that means. A medium species can't use a Diminutive weapon because it's too small?

Yes, I got that too. Is there some rule about not being able to use a weapon more than three size categories smaller than you?

~ David G. Allen

Yes, I got that too. Is there some rule about not being able to use a weapon more than three size categories smaller than you?

I have no idea. But there are no ranged or melee weapons that are smaller than "tiny."

i tried to make a beast with the "SagaSheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0.3)" file but it shows me an error if it tranfers the beast weapons from the beast tab to the weapons tab.

"Nobody expects imperial Inquisition" "What doesn't destroys me, makes me stranger"
First, I'm sorry for the delay in responding, but let me excuse my self by stating the fact that my new born girl is a gift for me and not for you Tongue out... My schedule has change in the last week, so I'll be able to put more effort than the last months.

Some of you had questions that didn't get answered.

1. When will the next version get out ? Only the Force knows for sure, but i'll try to make a version for some quick fixes.

2. Droid this, droid that and droid don't work ? Yup droid are broken, sorry, they are not in my priorities, but if something quick can be done I'll try.

3. Vehicle, ship, etc ? I think I'll personnaly remove this sheet, look for the one made by Old_Ben

4. Beast and furry little things ? Beast sheet need some work. I hope less work than the droid sheet. And Kingpin000, what do you mean by "if I transfer the beast weapons from the beast tab to the weapons tab" ?

5. HP don't seem to calculate correctly ? If you are looking in the Classes and Abilities sheet, it is normal, bonuses from differente source (CON, Feats,...) are calculated later when looking at the statblock or the character sheet. If you are in the statblock, maybe it have something to do with Excel 2007.

I've look trough the recent (ok I'm over 2 months old) post and compile the latest bug report. I'll add them to the list and try to put some effort in brewing a new version for next week.
Perhaps I am noticing something wrong, but there are certain feats that players should be able to choose when they level, but they can't, and it is shown greyed-out.

For instance, when leveling to Level 2, it won't let a Cerean noble choose Toughness for a Feat (under the class feat column).

And, for a wookie leveling to 2, he is unable to select Extra Rage as a feat (under class feat).

Apologies if I'm doing something wrong.
Perhaps I am noticing something wrong, but there are certain feats that players should be able to choose when they level, but they can't, and it is shown greyed-out.

For instance, when leveling to Level 2, it won't let a Cerean noble choose Toughness for a Feat (under the class feat column).

And, for a wookie leveling to 2, he is unable to select Extra Rage as a feat (under class feat).

Apologies if I'm doing something wrong.

At level 2 noble, you are only allowed to take a Noble class bonus feat. Toughness is not a Noble class bonus feat. See the bottom of page 44 in the Core Rulebook under "Bonus Feats" for the list of Noble bonus feats.

Extra Rage is not a class bonus feat for any class. So you can only select this feat at level 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 as your character bonus feat.

Sagasheet 1.4, Ilmion fixed 0.3 Error:

Talents:

Scoundrel talents: Avert Disasater and Better Lucky Than Dead do not become available even after I select Fool’s Luck talent as a prerequisite. Avert Disasater and Better Lucky Than Dead are still greyed out. They should become available after I select Fool’s Luck.

On the data sheet, "Sith Sword" should be "Sword, sith" without the quotes.  Otherwise selectin sith sword as a weapon will return an error.

One other thing, I don't know if this is a bug or merely a preference; selecting "Force Pilot" and "Force Perception" talents(and I'm sure other Force talents that affect skills) doesn't increase the relative skills to the "Use the Force" skill number.  Now this may just be because technically it doesn't change the skill, but instead let's you use the skill as if it were trained and use the "use the force" skill in it's place.

On the data sheet, "Sith Sword" should be "Sword, sith" without the quotes.  Otherwise selectin sith sword as a weapon will return an error.

Good catch! In the Data sheet, the specific cells that need to be corrected are:

-ES206
-FW206
-FX206

One other thing, I don't know if this is a bug or merely a preference; selecting "Force Pilot" and "Force Perception" talents(and I'm sure other Force talents that affect skills) doesn't increase the relative skills to the "Use the Force" skill number.  Now this may just be because technically it doesn't change the skill, but instead let's you use the skill as if it were trained and use the "use the force" skill in it's place.

This is not really an error. I selected "Force Pilot," and in the "Statblock" tab, it does show the UtF check that you can use instead of your Pilot check. Also, after I selected Force Pilot, I was able to take feats that have "trained in Pilot" as a prerequisite, such as Vehicular Combat. So Force Pilot does make you trained in Pilot.

Good catch! In the Data sheet, the specific cells that need to be corrected are:

-ES206
-FW206
-FX206

You should also change AB26 to AB30 in the Weapons sheet, to have "Sith Sword" replace by "Sword, Sith" and in alphabetical order. Being the purist that I am, you could also put the weapon in alphabetical order in the Data sheet and I wouldn't change FW and FX, has other sword are displayed like this in the statblock : "sith sword", "short sword", "war sword", etc. (in the end it is a personnal preference)

Okay, here are some errors, and some fixes. Note: I’m only familiar with basic Excel fixes. Enter my fixes at your own risk!

Sagasheet 1.4, Ilmion fixed 0.3 Errors:

1. Weapons: As per the FAQ Compilation thread, gas grenades don’t deal 4d6 stun damage, only CT movement.

FIX: In the Data sheet, delete the contents of cells FI 116 to FL 116

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Weapons: I get a “type mismatch” when I chose “blaster rifle, sniping” as a weapon.

FIX: “blaster rifle, sniping” needs to be changed to “blaster rifle, sniper”. I don’t know how to do this fix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Character: Umbaran (GOI) species should grant darkvision, not low-light vision.

FIX: In the Data sheet, cell AT 229, change “low-light vision” to “darkvision” (without quotes)

4. Languages: When I select a “Planet” Background, and INT of 12+, the species bonus language gets deleted. For example, if I make an Umbaran with INT 12 and background Bothawui, the Languages in the Statblock tab will show “Basic, Cerean, 1 unassigned.” It’s missing Umbaran language.

FIX: Unknown

5. Talents tab: The scrolling menu (that says “Top” ) located to the right of the “Clear Talents” box, that show which Classes of talents are available is messed up. When I make a scoundrel/scout/soldier, it only shows me Scoundrel and Scout but not Soldier. Different combinations produce different errors.

2. Weapons: I get a “type mismatch” when I chose “blaster rifle, sniping” as a weapon.

FIX: “blaster rifle, sniping” needs to be changed to “blaster rifle, sniper”. I don’t know how to do this fix.

In the weapon sheet, unhide all the columns to the right, look for column AM, it the data that is use to populate the list for the Ranged : Rifles. The other column are the other weapon. You'll also have to unhide some row to get to row 27 (so AM27) to change the text to "Blaster rifle, sniper"

4. Languages: When I select a “Planet” Background, and INT of 12+, the species bonus language gets deleted. For example, if I make an Umbaran with INT 12 and background Bothawui, the Languages in the Statblock tab will show “Basic, Cerean, 1 unassigned.” It’s missing Umbaran language.

This one might be a little trcicky and I haven't had tho look into the background mechanic yet, I'll add this one to my list.

5. Talents tab: The scrolling menu (that says “Top” ) located to the right of the “Clear Talents” box, that show which Classes of talents are available is messed up. When I make a scoundrel/scout/soldier, it only shows me Scoundrel and Scout but not Soldier. Different combinations produce different errors.

The fix for this one will be in the version 0.4 I intend on making public friday. It involve modifing some code.

Your point 1 and 3, will also be in friday version.

Thank you!

One more error:

Force Training feat: I create a character, and I give him the Force Sensitivity feat at later levels. Then I select Skill Training feat, and then I train in Use the Force. In the Skills tab, under Use the Force, it says "Feat" instead of "Yes" in the "trained" box. Then, I try to select Force Training feat, but it is not available.

If I put "Yes" instead of "Feat" in "trained" Use the Force, then Force Training becomes available.

FIX: Change Force Training is available if Use the Force trained is "Yes" or "Feat" maybe?

A new version is ready and here is the list of change :

BUG FIXED

• Droid systems that give darkvision or low-light vision are calculated even if you are not a droid.

• Shard Character, going in the droid sheet remove classes and abilities.

• Telepathic Influence talents missing

• Talents JumpBox final fix

• Fosh specie not having the +2 CHA bonus

• Gran having -2 STR instead of -2 INT

• Avert Disasater and Better Lucky Than Dead do not become available even after I select Fool's Luck talent as a prerequisite

• Relentless Attack feat description, replace by this description : "Whenever you miss a target with a weapon you have the Double Attack feat, you gain +2 competence bonus on your next attack roll against the missed target."

• Selecting sith sword as a weapon àreturn an error

• Miniaturizing any weapon lowers the die size, with no regards to whether it is melee or not.

• Blaster rifle, Sniper not working

• The Malkite Poisoner talents all require that you enter "1" in the field, even though the sheet converts that to "yes". It won't let you type in "yes" directly. It comes up with an error message.

• "Sword, sith" data error

• Xerrol Nightstinger is a rifle not an exotic weapon (text trumps table).

• Gas grenades don't deal 4d6 stun damage.

• Umbaran (GOI) species should grant darkvision, not low-light vision

• When having unassinged languages and a background planet relate language, you lose one language (the last in alphabetical order)

• When a skill train that is a prerequisite for a feat is trained with "Feat", the prerequisite aren't met

NEW DATA

• DC-19 "Stealth" Carbine

• New house rules (more coming)

REMOVED FEATURES

• Vehicle related sheets

You can get it here.

Very nice work! Thank you!

Here are some preferences, not necessarily errors:

-Skills tab: I like to unhide column E in to show which skills are class skills.

-Droid tab: When I select “Droid” in Character tab, the Droid Degree drop-down menu is frozen. It’s supposed to allow you to select 5 different degrees of droid. It’s stuck on “4th (combat, security)”

-Droid tab: “Systems” drop-down menu is not working properly. I select “Appendage” in System Type and it should display things like “hand, claw, etc”. Instead it shows me the Accessories.

EDIT: Ok, the fix for this is just select any accessory, and then you will be able to select Appendages and other things.

-Talents tab: Weapon Specialization should be grey (not available) if you don’t have Weapon Focus. Right now it shows as available.

And here is my first droid character that I can make. I’m so happy.

Advanced B1 Battle Droid CL 2

Advanced B1 Battle Droid CL 2
Medium droid (4th-degree) nonheroic 3/soldier 1
Force 2
Init +9; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic (understand only), Binary
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 15), Fort 14, Will 11
hp 13; second wind +11/6; Threshold 14
Immune droid traits
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed  6 squares (walking)
Melee  by weapon +4
Ranged blaster rifle +6 (3d8+2) or
Ranged blaster rifle +1 (3d8+2) with autofire
Fighting Space 1 square; Reach 1 square
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Atk Options autofire (blaster rifle)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con -, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 8
Talents Weapon Specialization (rifles)
Feats Armor Proficiency (light), Skill Training (Perception), Weapon Focus (rifles), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Primary Skills Initiative +9, Perception +7
Secondary Skills Acrobatics +4, Climb +3, Deception +1, Endurance +2, Gather Information +1, Jump +3, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +1, Knowledge (galactic lore) +1, Knowledge (life sciences) +1, Knowledge (physical sciences) +1, Knowledge (social sciences) +1, Knowledge (tactics) +1, Knowledge (technology) +1, Mechanics +1, Persuasion +1, Pilot +4, Ride +4, Stealth +4, Survival +2, Swim +3, Treat Injury +2, Use Computer +1
Systems 2 hand appendages, heuristic processor, durasteel shell (+4 armor), walking locomotion
Possessions blaster rifle

-Skills tab: I like to unhide column E in to show which skills are class skills.

Do you think there should be a check box "show class skill" ?

-Talents tab: Weapon Specialization should be grey (not available) if you don’t have Weapon Focus. Right now it shows as available.

Once you get in the Talent Selections sheet all the choices are grayed out, but I agree it may be a little bit confusing. So I'll make it that if you have any Weapon Focus, the talent is available, but if you choose to have Weapon Specialization two times and your are only Focus in one, you'll still be able to select the talent two time, but you won't be able to precise more than one in the Talent Selection sheet.

Also, I've just notice that there is a little problem with the bonus skill house rule, if you select you bonus trained skill to be Use The Force, if won't qualify for the Force Training and Force Regimen Mastery feat (because it need to says "Feat" or "Yes" in the trained column...).

I'm happy you like this version and glad you succeeded with creating a droid. Keep the bug report coming Laughing

Do you think there should be a check box "show class skill" ?

No. I prefer you always show the class skills. Unhide column E permanently.

Once you get in the Talent Selections sheet all the choices are grayed out, but I agree it may be a little bit confusing. So I'll make it that if you have any Weapon Focus, the talent is available, but if you choose to have Weapon Specialization two times and your are only Focus in one, you'll still be able to select the talent two time, but you won't be able to precise more than one in the Talent Selection sheet.

This is not a problem. You don't have to fix this. It's not a big deal.

Also, I've just notice that there is a little problem with the bonus skill house rule, if you select you bonus trained skill to be Use The Force, if won't qualify for the Force Training and Force Regimen Mastery feat (because it need to says "Feat" or "Yes" in the trained column...).

Yes. I pointed that out 2 posts ago in in post # 2075.

I'm happy you like this version and glad you succeeded with creating a droid. Keep the bug report coming 

Ok!

This is by far my favorite and "Go To" sheet for Saga characters and NPCs.  You guys are doing a great job keeping this sheet, and this thread, alive. 

Keep it up! 

Yes. I pointed that out 2 posts ago in in post # 2075.

Just to be clear, what you've repport is fixed. It's the new house tule I've added that it don't work. The house rule permit Bonus Trained Skill (like the one humans gets) to be any skill even if not class-skill. When the house rule is activated, you can choose the trained skill with a dropdown list in the bottom of the Character Sheet. The selected skill has "Species" written in the trained column of the Skills sheet and "Species" is not recognize by the Force Training and Force Regimen Mastery feat.

If you are interested in tha house rule what I've should have done is like the other feats that have a prerequisite of a trained skill and look if it is different that nothing. Change this
OR(TUseTheForce="Yes";TUseTheForce="Feat")
in cell F141 and F143 of the Feat sheet for this
TUseTheForce <> ""

Sign In to post comments