Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
Ilmion: I downloaded your revised sheet to test it out, and I keep getting error messages when I try to build a beast.
"The Curse of Knowledge: When you know something, it's difficult to imagine what it's like not to know it."

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

Welcome to Icewind Dale (Legacy of the Crystal Shard)

DMing for My Wife (and Our Friends) (Lost Mine of Phandelver)

One question :
Is there a way to add custom Force Powers or change the name on some off the existence
force powers ?

example. A Force Power named "Heal" that we use as a house rule power. is it possible to add or edit it to the Character sheet?

Use the "Bonus" tab/sheet. There's a space to enter in custom feats/talents/force powers at the end of the list of feats/talents/force powers. Then highlight it as you would normally select a feat/talent/force power. It should appear in the Statblock. However, I don't think anything you enter in the Bonus tab counts towards your allowed force powers. In other words, everything entered in the Bonus tab is like a GM's bonus.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Thanks!

AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
One question :
Is there a way to add custom Force Powers or change the name on some off the existence
force powers ?

example. A Force Power named "Heal" that we use as a house rule power. is it possible to add or edit it to the Character sheet?

Use the "Bonus" tab/sheet. There's a space to enter in custom feats/talents/force powers at the end of the list of feats/talents/force powers. Then highlight it as you would normally select a feat/talent/force power. It should appear in the Statblock. However, I don't think anything you enter in the Bonus tab counts towards your allowed force powers. In other words, everything entered in the Bonus tab is like a GM's bonus.

Yes but when I'm looking in the "Bonus" tab, there are no free space for "Force Powers". Only feats and talents do have this option.?

The Beast problem is noted and I'll look into it quickly. Was it working with the 1.4 before my fixes ?

For the time being, there is no easy way to add a house ruled Force Power. You'll have to change the "The Force" sheet and some VBA code.
One question :
force powers ?

Yes but when I'm looking in the "Bonus" tab, there are no free space for "Force Powers". Only feats and talents do have this option.?

Hey, you're right!

Well, the only other alternative I can suggest is that you enter the custom Force power in the "Notes" tab. Then the notes that you enter will appear below the Statblock in the "Statblock" tab.

For example:

Enter in "Notes"

Force power: Heal

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

I couldn't get the beast build to work prev to yours.
Garrett
The Star Wars Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast THREAT DETECTED is here! threat-detected.com IMAGE(http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/banners/op_banner1_468x60.png)
The upgrades work great keep up the good work. 
The Beast problem is noted and I'll look into it quickly. Was it working with the 1.4 before my fixes ?

I hadn't tried it. I've been using the older 1.31b version, which works fine except that it doesn't have material from the last two books in it.

"The Curse of Knowledge: When you know something, it's difficult to imagine what it's like not to know it."

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

One question :
force powers ?

Hey, you're right!

Well, the only other alternative I can suggest is that you enter the custom Force power in the "Notes" tab. Then the notes that you enter will appear below the Statblock in the "Statblock" tab.

For example:

Enter in "Notes"

Force power: Heal

Okay thanks, just wanted to be sure that I'm not doing anything wrong.
It is an amazing saga Sheet, and You are STRONG in the force
We are all lucky to have people like you that creats and assist the community beyond the usual.
Thank you Laughing

Ilmion, I think there's something wrong with cell # J400 in the "Feats" tab. It corresponds to Weapon Proficiency (Rifles). The contents of the cell says "Class". But I think the formula got erased. Accoring to the previous version, the contents of cell # J400 should be:

<br />=IF(Primitive = "No",IF(LOOKUP(L1Class,NoneClassNo:PadawanClassNo,FeatsNoneWeaponProficiencyrifles:FeatsPadawanWeaponProficiencyrifles)=2,"Class",IF(OR(INDEX(RaceListFeat1,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)",INDEX(RaceListFeat2,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)",INDEX(RaceListFeat3,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)",AND(INDEX(RaceListIf1st,SpeciesNo)=L1Name,INDEX(RaceListIf1stThen,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)")),IF(OR(L1Class&lt;8,L1Class&gt;10),"Species",""),"")),IF(OR(INDEX(RaceListFeat1,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)",INDEX(RaceListFeat2,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)",INDEX(RaceListFeat3,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)",AND(INDEX(RaceListIf1st,SpeciesNo)=L1Name,INDEX(RaceListIf1stThen,SpeciesNo)="Weapon Proficiency (rifles)")),IF(OR(L1Class&lt;8,L1Class&gt;10),"Species",""),""))

Edit: Corrected the code.

Also, in the "Talents" tab, the talents I choose do not become "blue with highlight." Also, talents are available before prerequisites are met.

You are absolutly correct, I messed up the J400 cell and while exploring solutions for the slow talent sheet I also left a bug in the script. I had not found the J400, so big thanks, but I had found the bug in the talents, I was just hoping to deliver a new version more quickly. I'm in the process of improving the talent sheet and I think I'm on a good path, but the process is taking more time that I thought first.
With all the bug fixes and tweaks that have been posted here over time, does anyone have a good clean copy of the sheet that is updated and can be shared?
Ilmion Thanks for the work you have done so far.

But Beasts and droids need a mahor over haul.

Beasts get give a run time error 13, type mis match

Character.SizeIt
    Character.SpeciesRacialAbilities (Character.Range("SpeciesNo").Value + Data.Range("RaceListStart").row - 1)
Some RPG and mini http://members.cox.net/ghenghis_ska/Index.shtml

I hadn't tried it. I've been using the older 1.31b version, which works fine except that it doesn't have material from the last two books in it.

No the beasts wasn't working in 1.4 before your fix, it was screwed up before.
Some RPG and mini http://members.cox.net/ghenghis_ska/Index.shtml
First, a bug fix.

Issue:   Combat Gloves are not benefitting from the Martial Arts feats.

Fix:

• Open the 'Name Manager' (Formulas -> Name Manager)

• Select 'CombatGlovesDie1'

• Change =Data!$FJ$71 to =Data!$FJ$70

• Click 'Close'

You will need to open the weapons sheet again to force the recalculation.

Second, a question.

Do the Shockboxing Gloves, Stunning Gauntlet, and Vibroknucklers get the same treatment?  They should be considered unarmed attacks, so their damage dice should be increased based on the Martial Arts feats as well, if I understand correctly.  I have a (more complicated) fix to apply the Martial Arts feats to these weapons as well, once I get the nod.
Thanks for the combat glove fix, I wonder if it is the same correction for unarmed (and there not only the Martial Art feat that doesn't apply, but all other in the genre : Teras Kasi Basics, etc.). I haven't check for my self those issue yet.

Edit : If you do this fix, you should make the same change (changing 71 for 70) to the Name CombatGlovesMult1 that is just under CombatGlovesDie1

For your question I think it does and I think this bug was also identified by richterbelmont10.

And by the way, I hope to "deliver" soon a version that have the talent sheet more faster, depending on the time I have to put in.
Just noticed that the Republic Clone suffers from the same problem the Human did - eg. the bonus feat doesn't show up in the feat tab.

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

Here we go again, but this time I have something BIG.

First, this his the list of bugs that are fixed in this new version :

• Weapon Focus (Simple Weapons) giving a type mismatch error.

• Return Fire (Simple Weapons) feat not detecting the Weapon Focus (simple weapons)

• Mythosaur Axe not in the simple weapon list

• Veiled Biotech talent needs Stealth as a prerequisite

• Beast creating a crash and abilities STR,DEX and CON not working

• Class in order of selection instead of class index in the statblock and character sheet

• Combat Gloves are not benefitting from the Martial Arts feats.

• Squadron Leader Talents Charisma and Wisdom prerequisite don't work at 13.

• Species with specif bonus feat also getting a "human"-like bonus feat

• Republic Clone not having a bonus feat

THE BIG THING : I am proud (I mean realy proud) to announce that the Talents sheet is faster than ever (on my computer it is even faster than the Feats sheet). Please leave me some feedback, I'd like to know if it is also faster for the community.

So the new link : www.mediafire.com/?4577t0oma7qebbx

I hope that this time I haven't let error slip by my fingers.

So what is next :

• They're is still somes bugs that need fixing.

• The feats sheet could be refactored like the talents sheet (and at a small scale the skill sheet too), but i'm not in a hurry for those, because they are not as slow as the talents sheet was.

• My next big chunk is the weapon sheet. I hope to make it faster and that you don't need to pass by it for the attack in the statblock or the character sheet to update if you add some feats or talents. I also hope to enhance the way dual-weapon are selected.

I hope that this time I haven't let error slip by my fingers.

I noticed something the other day ... the Heavy Hitter feat has Weapon Focus (heavy weapons) as a prerequisite, but it's coming up as an available option for the PC of one of my players even though he doesn't have that feat (he does have Weapon Focus [rifles] though).

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

I would say this is something that I have introduced, but I'm happy to look at it.

I'm not able to reproduce pukuni's Heavy Hitter comportement, but there is a problem with the prerequisite calculation.  The correction is simple, so I'll post here, but it will be included in the next version I deliver.

In the feat sheet, change the F162 Formula for this one :
=IF(OR(AND(WeaponFocus1X>0;FocusWeap1="heavy weapons");AND(WeaponFocus2X>0;FocusWeap2="heavy weapons")); "Yes";"No")

The OR and the AND where inverted.

Keep the bug coming !
Sorry to double post, but I not posting with the fixer hat but with the user/bug finder hat.

Is it just me or taking the Skill Training feat does not gives you the right to select any skill, they all stay gray ?

and in the statblock in the feat list, it does not tell you what Skill Training you'Ve taken ?

If it is not only me and it is a real bug, I think I'll change the machanic a little and have a column in the skill selection for selecting skill trained with the skill training feat
Skill Training works fine for me. Just tested it.

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

Hey,

I noticed that weapon focus doesn't seem to work at all for Heavy Weapons, Simple Weapons and Advanced Melee Weapons.  But, it works fine for Pistols and Rifles.

I tried looking but am not familiar at all with excel.  Maybe something to do with the fact that the ones that aren't working don't match the weapon groups on the data sheet?
Thk Ilmion!!

I don't have much time to chek it, yet, but I'll do it soon.

I have a little petition, there is some way to convert this excel sheet to be compatible with Office 2010?? because with this version of Office sometimes I have problems like: the sheet get in blank, the calculi of some macros report some mistakes (i can't t explain exactly what kind of error I find because I dont' remember it, but I know is an error redundant in the cells of the excel sheet), and the last, when i want to save the excel sheet, the Office 2010 find a extensive number of incompatibilities with both versions. I choose to save with a file compatible with macros, but when i want to work again with the excel sheet, I can't do it because the file is corrupt or, in the better way, the Office 2010 let me to open it but to work with it is very very slowly.

Yes, I know this is a very scrap and I so sorry, but can you tell me what can i do to work with the last version of Microssoft Office without any problems?? Or, you know if there are some plugin or program that can make compatible the files from Office 2003 with Office 2010??? Because I have the same problem wiht this CharSheet&CombatTool_200_example, with this file is impossible to me to do anything, when i go to clik the combatships and I go to select the ship, in the menu scroll only there are numbers, and I know the file functions correctly with Office 2003, I suposse that is a problem of incompatibilities between the two Office, any suggestingt?? that not be to use the Office 2003??

Thk again Ilmion, and best regards.

And sorry for my english, I know is to bad, but I don't know more.

ZBL
Skill Training works fine for me. Just tested it.

Yes they work for me to, my bad.

I noticed that weapon focus doesn't seem to work at all for Heavy Weapons, Simple Weapons and Advanced Melee Weapons.  But, it works fine for Pistols and Rifles.

In the last file Kenad posted, when you select weapon focus for Heavy Weapons, you get a popup error message. In the file I have posted (www.mediafire.com/?4577t0oma7qebbx), they should work fine. What is the problem exactly ?

Hello,

Weapon Focus is supposed to give your character a +1 to attack rolls with a specified weapon group. ie. simple weapons, pistols, rifles, heavy weapons, advanced melee weapons

It works with pistols and rifles, but if you choose any of the others it doesn't give you the +1 to the attack roll.

Another thing as well is that combat gloves aren't getting the die boost they're supposed to from martial arts feats. ie taking martial arts 1 changes unarmed from 1d4 to 1d6.

Oh, and the soldier talent "weapon specialization" doesn't allow you to choose a weapon to specialize in.
Another thing as well is that combat gloves aren't getting the die boost they're supposed to from martial arts feats. ie taking martial arts 1 changes unarmed from 1d4 to 1d6.

I believe Ilmion fixed that in his latest version.

Oh, and the soldier talent "weapon specialization" doesn't allow you to choose a weapon to specialize in.

Doesn't it open up a new tab just for this? I know in the 1.3x version, there was just a side table that activated when you chose something like Weapon Specialization, but I think in the new 1.4x version, it opens up a whole new tab.

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

You're totally right about the weapon specialization(thanks for that), unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on combat gloves.  It works on all the other simple weapons as far as I can tell.  Looks like Combat Gloves are just missing from the calculations for some reason.
You're totally right about the weapon specialization(thanks for that), unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on combat gloves.  It works on all the other simple weapons as far as I can tell.  Looks like Combat Gloves are just missing from the calculations for some reason.

Are you using Ilmion's most recent version? He listed combat gloves as being one of the things he fixed.

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

I have fixed the Combat Glove not getting the Martial Art I bonus according to Darcness post. Still after this correction, you say that they're is a bug in that Combat Gloves do not benefit from Weapon Specialization (simple weapon). I'll look a it.

About the Weapon Focus, I must admit that I didn't check if it was giving de +1, only that you could select it. I'll also take a look at it.

edit : I don't know why the first line of my text is bold...

edit : looking rapidly, you seem correct in your assumption. Let take the Combat Gloves for exemple, the group in the data sheet is "simple", but I think it should be "simple weapons", same thing for "Heavy weapons". It should work for "advanced melee". The exotic weapon seems correct. I'll still look deeper.
Seems once I changed Combat Gloves on the data sheet from "U" to "WP" weapon specialization worked suddenly.  Don't know now if feats/talents that grant bonuses to unarmed will affect Combat Gloves any longer though...
The first problem I see with changing the weapon group of the Combat Gloves from "U" to "WP", is that you'll need the Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons) to be proficient with unarmed attack. This is not realy a problem because all the class begin being proficient in simple weapons. Except if you're making nonheroic character.

The real solution is in the VBA Script.

And you are also correct about the combat gloves not getting the die boost, for some reason the fix is missing in the latest version. So (because I'm on fire)...

Here is a new version : www.mediafire.com/?ag121n75mrtw691

which include those fixes:

• Heavy Hitter feat not metting the prerequisites

• Penetrating Attack doesn't appear as a Attack Option (and many other that are in the Talent Selection sheet)

• Devastating Attack, Penetrating Attack, Weapon Specialization and other talents with selection, doesn't show correctly in the talent of the Stat block and the Character Sheet

• Disarming Attack and Greater Weapon Specialization do not have avaiblable choice even if prerequisites met

• Greater Devastating Attack, Mandalorian Ferocity are not colored correctly

• In the talent selection, if you have more than one option for one talent and one is already picked, it isn't blue

• Weapon Focus (heavy Weapons, simple weapons) not giving +1 to attack

• Unarmed weapons (ex: Combat Gloves) do not get the benefits of Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Specialization

• Real correction of the "Combat Gloves are not benefitting from the Martial Arts feats."

I have a little petition, there is some way to convert this excel sheet to be compatible with Office 2010?? because with this version of Office sometimes I have problems like: the sheet get in blank, the calculi of some macros report some mistakes (i can't t explain exactly what kind of error I find because I dont' remember it, but I know is an error redundant in the cells of the excel sheet), and the last, when i want to save the excel sheet, the Office 2010 find a extensive number of incompatibilities with both versions. I choose to save with a file compatible with macros, but when i want to work again with the excel sheet, I can't do it because the file is corrupt or, in the better way, the Office 2010 let me to open it but to work with it is very very slowly.

Because I have the same problem wiht this CharSheet&CombatTool_200_example, with this file is impossible to me to do anything, when i go to clik the combatships and I go to select the ship, in the menu scroll only there are numbers, and I know the file functions correctly with Office 2003...

I've seen Kenad's sheet, though I haven't used it in a couple of years.  I have no idea what version of Excel it was made with, and I have no idea what type of file it has been saved as.

But, after seeing this post, I fixed the problem that Lebaraz is talking about in my CharSheet&CombatTool (see my sig).  I created the tool using Excel 2007, and had been saving it in a 1997-2003 compatible format.  That resulted in the problems Lebaraz is citing.  The fix was easy: open up the 97-03 file and save it as a 2007 format.   Apparently the 2007 format works just fine on Excel 2010.

Since I don't know what version of Excel Kenad's tool was created in, nor do I know what version these updates are being made in, I have no idea if the same fix will work in this case.  But I thought I'd share my solution in case it turned out to be helpful here.
The first problem I see with changing the weapon group of the Combat Gloves from "U" to "WP", is that you'll need the Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons) to be proficient with unarmed attack. This is not realy a problem because all the class begin being proficient in simple weapons. Except if you're making nonheroic character.

The real solution is in the VBA Script.

And you are also correct about the combat gloves not getting the die boost, for some reason the fix is missing in the latest version. So (because I'm on fire)...

Here is a new version : www.mediafire.com/?ag121n75mrtw691

which include those fixes:

• Heavy Hitter feat not metting the prerequisites

• Penetrating Attack doesn't appear as a Attack Option (and many other that are in the Talent Selection sheet)

• Devastating Attack, Penetrating Attack, Weapon Specialization and other talents with selection, doesn't show correctly in the talent of the Stat block and the Character Sheet

• Disarming Attack and Greater Weapon Specialization do not have avaiblable choice even if prerequisites met

• Greater Devastating Attack, Mandalorian Ferocity are not colored correctly

• In the talent selection, if you have more than one option for one talent and one is already picked, it isn't blue

• Weapon Focus (heavy Weapons, simple weapons) not giving +1 to attack

• Unarmed weapons (ex: Combat Gloves) do not get the benefits of Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Specialization

• Real correction of the "Combat Gloves are not benefitting from the Martial Arts feats."

Thank you so much. You've done a super job! And the talents sheet is faster than ever!

Just a little point: In the Force Powers tab, the Ballistakinesis power is selected once. You just need to remove it. But it's not a big deal.

Also, in the Skills tab, Ride should be a class skill for nonheroics according to the errata.

I'm having problems when creating a custom droid model, I can't select which degree that the droid is.  It loads with 2nd Degree - Astromech as the selected one but i can't change it.
Just a little point: In the Force Powers tab, the Ballistakinesis power is selected once. You just need to remove it. But it's not a big deal.

WP (rifles) is also preselected as a class starting feat when you first open up the sheet (it's there even if you haven't selected any classes yet).

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

I'm having problems when creating a custom droid model, I can't select which degree that the droid is.  It loads with 2nd Degree - Astromech as the selected one but i can't change it.

It is a known bug and I haven't check it yet. You can enter them manualy, I've posted the list in this post

WP (rifles) is also preselected as a class starting feat when you first open up the sheet (it's there even if you haven't selected any classes yet).

Thanks, when I make tests I enter some value and before publishing the file I try my best at cleaning it.

Thanks, when I make tests I enter some value and before publishing the file I try my best at cleaning it.

Why not just use the "reset sheet" function on the first tab?

EDIT: I think there may be something wrong with the Jedi Knight Multiattack Proficiency (lightsabers) talent. I'm putting together a high-level Sith NPC dual-wielding lightsabers. She's got DWM I and MP (lightsabers), and her normal attack bonus is +18, but for the dual attack line it's showing her attack bonuses as +15 and +13. This implies that it's only adding the MP (lightsabers) talent to the first attack rather than all attacks made during a full attack action.

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

Sign In to post comments