Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
Same Problem here.

More in detail.
1. Level Noble
2. Level Soldier
3. Level Jedi

I always get the muliclass feats of the Soldier...

cu

here I have a script to copy in visual basic to fix the bug.
probably there is an alternative way, but this works well with me. i suggest to create a backup copy of the sagasheet before changing the code and to try it with a NEW character: the multi pop up should not show anymore.
this is the code to copy:
Private Sub multiclassfeats()<br /> If frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow = "" Then<br /> frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow = 30<br /> Else<br /> frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow = frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow + 1<br /> End If<br /> For x = frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow - 28 To 20

and here is where you have to paste it
Private Sub multiclassfeats()<br /> For x = 2 To 20

this private sub is in the Feat section of the VBA project and you can select it in the left list when you open the visual basic.

hope to be useful

ps: MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE SAGASHEET BEFORE TRY THIS OUT!!!
Even though they do not have a Physical gender, they do have a "mental" one.

Like warforged?
Like warforged?

uhm, i've not pkayed Eberon, so i dont know how it works there. But this is certainly not DnD so i dont care.
was wrong
Like warforged?

yes basically there the one and the same, they just have different power sources
Is there an easy way to add a custom feat?
How do I tell the generator that the character is fighting with two weapons?
-"DONT PUSH THE BUTTON"

*evil laughter*
How do I tell the generator that the character is fighting with two weapons?

If you enter both weapons in the top two boxes on the Attacks page, the Stat Block will list using both of them as an attack option. It will only do this for the top two weapons listed, though, so if your character will be shooting 2 blasters, but also armed with a lot of other weapons, make sure the blasters are the first two weapons listed.
Abandon all hope. Prepare for the Wierdness. Get familiar with cannibalism." Hunter S. Thompson, 2000 My custom Minis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19476986/ob1dylans_customs&sort_order=ASC
Just wanted to say that this is the sheet!

:D
[deleted]
Another question,
is it possible to use fractional BAB in the generator?

cu
This sheet is very nice. Now I just need to brush up on my VB skills to see if I can find what is causing the stack overflow. If that was fixed I think this thing would be almost perfect.
Is there a new version in the works?
I've been trying to use your sheet to create a character (and yes, I do have the book).

I've been trying to create a scoundrel that is a pilot, but I cannot seem to get the option to let him have pilot as a trained skill (which is a class skill).

Can anyone help?
Just type something into D25 (I use a 1) and it is trained.

cu
Yep, there it was.

Never thought to try scrolling up! D'uh! Live and learn.

Thanks again though.

(Scoots away feeling dumb now.)
Hi I have a problem and I was wondering if someone could assist me. I've been running the excellent generator for a few months without any issues -- in fact it has been quick to load (5-10 seconds) and great in all aspects. Now however, when I attempt to open it in Excel it stalls and doesn't open. The progress bar in the lower left corner never fills up, and the program freezes if I do anything at all. This troubles me greatly. I tried switching to an older version of the Sheet that I have but I get the same problem. I've tried shutting down all other programs to free up memory but nothing happens.

Should I re-install my Office pack (using Office 2000 by the way) or what?

Thanks in advance.
Hi I have a problem and I was wondering if someone could assist me. I've been running the excellent generator for a few months without any issues -- in fact it has been quick to load (5-10 seconds) and great in all aspects. Now however, when I attempt to open it in Excel it stalls and doesn't open. The progress bar in the lower left corner never fills up, and the program freezes if I do anything at all. This troubles me greatly. I tried switching to an older version of the Sheet that I have but I get the same problem. I've tried shutting down all other programs to free up memory but nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

I'm no computer expert but I'd try deleting the sheets and download them again at least before I re-installed all my Office stuff.

Standard troubleshooting would include changing macro security to low (tools-> Macro-> Security) and reloading to see if it does the same thing. Also try running "excel /safe" from the start -> Run option.

And just to check, you did reboot your computer, right? If not, you should to clear out the RAM.
I would deem it excellent.

A gripe or two might include, for example, that the file gives the 'use both hands' attack option for combat gloves, and you can't give an ability a +1 from the GM bonuses (such as from completing Rescue) since whatever bonus you enter there is doubled before being factored into the ability score.
the file gives the 'use both hands' attack option for combat gloves

LOL... just say that the character is doing a drum punch, or punching with both fists, or hitting a doubled-over opponent over the back... or maybe even throwing a fast combo. ;) You can RP that, so it fits.
Are the Devaronians and Pau'ans as depicted in the web enhancements integrated into the generator?
Could someone explain the difference between Rifle (No Stock) and Carbine (No Stock), The Regular versions of those weapons, and how it works with proficiency feats?

It was my understanding that a Rifle or Carbine without a stock uses Pistol range and proficiency (SWSE pg 125).

If that's the case, then why is the generator adding a -5 penalty to my Scoundrel when I choose Carbine (No Stock)?
"No Stock" means, I believe, "No Folding Stock," which means you cannot treat it as a pistol.
Patryn of Elvenshae Want a character sheet for your starship? Download! Discuss!
"No Stock" means, I believe, "No Folding Stock," which means you cannot treat it as a pistol.

Wait, so if I enter the other version, the sheet will recognize that and treat it as such?
Just a little nitpicking:

1. The sheet gives every human character I create the Low-Light Vision ability, even if it is the first character I've worked on in a given session.

2. I like that you included the option to use WizO Tao's Saga conversion rules, but I'm disappointed that some of the rules from RavingDork's Errata Compilation thread are missing. In particular, I wish I had the option of equipping characters with the sniper blaster rifle or the subrepeating blaster mentioned in the thread.
What is the latest version of this now? I have 1.152 and its has soem issues with devastating attack amongst other things... Is there a newer version I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jedi Dade
Small Droids should have a cost factor of 2.
The Excel sheet divides instead of multiply.

@Jedi_Dade
My sheet has the number: 1[1].16
What is the latest version of this now? I have 1.152 and its has soem issues with devastating attack amongst other things... Is there a newer version I'm missing?

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

Version 1.16 is the newest one. It's pretty slick. Enjoy!
I just downloaded the new 1.16 and found a bug in it... I created a Jedi Soldier multicalss and the second level of Solier I took (JJJSS) it asked me to chose a multiclass feat again... and contuinues to do so...

Jedi Dade
I just downloaded the new 1.16 and found a bug in it... I created a Jedi Soldier multicalss and the second level of Solier I took (JJJSS) it asked me to chose a multiclass feat again... and contuinues to do so...

Jedi Dade

It does that with both Soldier and Noble (only for that one constantly offers up Linguist)

Another issue is if you've multiclassed and taken Force talents using the talent choices of more than one class and you remove one of those choices, it creates an error in that the spreadsheet no longer tracks your talent expenditures, in effect giving you "unlimited" talent choices.
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid." - Eddie Izzard Proud member of the Gamer Nation.
Just a little nitpicking:
1. The sheet gives every human character I create the Low-Light Vision ability, even if it is the first character I've worked on in a given session.

Are you making them Force Sensitive?
Are you making them Force Sensitive?

Not always. Of the human characters I've created, there has been an even split between Force Sensitive and non-sensitive. Yet they all get Low Light Vision.
I need to learn how to use Excel and plug away at this.
Same.

Jedi Dade

I've already answered to this in the previous page

Same Problem here.

More in detail.
1. Level Noble
2. Level Soldier
3. Level Jedi

I always get the muliclass feats of the Soldier...

cu

here I have a script to copy in visual basic to fix the bug.
probably there is an alternative way, but this works well with me. i suggest to create a backup copy of the sagasheet before changing the code and to try it with a NEW character: the multi pop up should not show anymore.
this is the code to copy:
Private Sub multiclassfeats()<br /> If frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow = "" Then<br /> frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow = 30<br /> Else<br /> frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow = frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow + 1<br /> End If<br /> For x = frmFeatChoice.lblClassRow - 28 To 20

and here is where you have to paste it
Private Sub multiclassfeats()<br /> For x = 2 To 20

this private sub is in the Feat section of the VBA project and you can select it in the left list when you open the visual basic.

hope to be useful

ps: MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE SAGASHEET BEFORE TRY THIS OUT!!!

bump
Trust me, if bumping sped up the process, then I'd encourage it, but it's not fair to the boards. I'm suffocating in physics at the moment, but when I get a good patch of free time, I'll come back to the sheet. If you really want to help out, compile a little list of things I need to correct. Until then, please be patient.
Trust me, if bumping sped up the process, then I'd encourage it, but it's not fair to the boards. I'm suffocating in physics at the moment, but when I get a good patch of free time, I'll come back to the sheet. If you really want to help out, compile a little list of things I need to correct. Until then, please be patient.

Take all the time you need Kenad...this spreadsheet has saved me countless hours of time in game prep and I'm more than willing to patiently wait for you to fix it.

I can't thank you enough for it.
Sign In to post comments