Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
One quirk I noticed with version 1.151 is that on the CS2 tab under Force Powers, the program adds Force Power Mastery Technique, even though the characters in question don't have Force Sensitivity.

I'm having the opposite problem. I can't get Force Power Mastery to show up in the Force Techniques line of the Stat Block. (Might be on 1.15, though, not sure)

Edit: Double checked, it still does this on 1.151
Abandon all hope. Prepare for the Wierdness. Get familiar with cannibalism." Hunter S. Thompson, 2000 My custom Minis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19476986/ob1dylans_customs&sort_order=ASC
I get a Force Power Mastery on the character sheet for a 1st and 2nd level Jedi character with out having chosen the power in bonus or in normal settings. Could someone look at that.
I don't know if this has been brought up. It's so minor that it might not even be worth mentioning.

I chose the utility belt in equipment, which comes with a short-range comlink. It was listed correctly in the equipment tab, but came up as a long-range comlink in the stat block.
Chosing Cerean... doesn't give skill focus to initiative when you're trained in it due to a spelling error of initiative under Skill Focus 1 column.

Also, the other night I was showing the program to a friend and all the neat features. We found that some of the Talents (Melee Smash and Stunning Strike were the two we looked at) given on the Bonus tab don't show up properly on the Stat Block or Character sheets. They appear under attack options and calculate into the damage fine, but they don't get listed as talents.
One quirk I noticed with version 1.151 is that on the CS2 tab under Force Powers, the program adds Force Power Mastery Technique, even though the characters in question don't have Force Sensitivity.

It's not added programmatically - it's just been inadvertently left in the cell. You just need to delete the text from the cell in the "master" copy you're using.
That's because Saxton has absolutely no idea what he's talking about and is more interested in canonizing his own ridiculous ideas about Star Wars then actually giving a realistic set of data, or at least trying to stay true to the source. And he's got his crowd of fans blowing his ego and promoting his work as if it actually were decent or passable in Star Wars fiction. Everything he's written should be struck, followed by him getting struck a few times. Raul_Torin (Feb 16, 2010)
It's not added programmatically - it's just been inadvertently left in the cell. You just need to delete the text from the cell in the "master" copy you're using.

What page and what cell do we just need to delete?
I don't know if this has been brought up. It's so minor that it might not even be worth mentioning.

I chose the utility belt in equipment, which comes with a short-range comlink. It was listed correctly in the equipment tab, but came up as a long-range comlink in the stat block.

that's because it seems to reference the long range com-link price in steed of the short range one, i just don't know how to fix it.
that's because it seems to reference the long range com-link price in steed of the short range one, i just don't know how to fix it.

I couldn't tell you. Excel expert I ain't.
The bug doesn't really doesn't bother me all that much. If I really need it to say short-range in the stat block, all I have to do is type it in.
Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this awesome character creation tool!
I apologize if this has already been mentioned. I'm getting a runtime error that won't let me view the second page of the printable character sheet. When I try to view the second page, it gives me the runtime error then takes me to the Stat Block tabe. This only seems to happen if I've loaded a portrait on the sheet.
Ok, If I make a character to level 16-19 I'm getting a run time error 13 when I try to look at the stat block or any of the sheets. When I make one up to 20 I get a run time error 5. Anyone got any ideas?
Can you guys press the debug button when these errors occur?

Because I have no idea where they're coming from, and the relevant line would really help out

I'm doing a bit of work on the sheet at the moment, most of the problems I can find are being ironed out, but this seems like a big breaker, so I'd love to see what's going wrong.

Cheers, lads.
'Nother note: on the CS2 sheet, it seems to always default to "Knowledge: Bureaucracy" and "Knowledge: Galactice Lore," despite making characters with alternate knowledge skill areas with training. Is there any way to set this sheet up to default to the trained knowledge skills first? And - don't know if it's possible - but post more than 2 Knowledge skills on the sheet?
Can you guys press the debug button when these errors occur?

Because I have no idea where they're coming from, and the relevant line would really help out

I'm doing a bit of work on the sheet at the moment, most of the problems I can find are being ironed out, but this seems like a big breaker, so I'd love to see what's going wrong.

Cheers, lads.

I have been busy planning a move and packing but if I get a chance I will try to do some breaking style builds and see what I can do for you. I might even try to recreate what these guys are doing if they do not repost their errors.
on another note, the carrying capacity on the equipment tab is being calculated incorrectly, cell P2
it is being calculated as =(FinalStr*0.5)^2. The formula in the handbook reads
=(FinalStr^2)*0.5 which is double the carrying capacity.
First off, I love this thing. I am finding it so handy for generating NPC's it could be diagnosed as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Just wanted to throw in a couple of suggestions for the next version (since I have absolutely no Excel skills) as far as weapons that are not included, yet.

1. Weapon: Shock Whip
Cost: 1200
Damage: 2d6
Critical: 20
Weight: 2.3 kg
Type: Energy
Size: Small
Group: Exotic Melee

2. Weapon: Yuuzhan Vong Thud Bug
Damage: Stun 2d6
Special: if attack exceeds Target's Ref Def and Fort Def, Target is knocked Prone
Range: 10 Squares
Weight: 2 kg
Type: Bludgeoning
Group: Thrown (or ranged)

3. Weapon: Yuuzhan Vong Razor Bug
Damage: 1d6
Range: 10 Squares
Weight: 1.2 kg
Type: Slashing
Group: Thrown (or ranged)

4. Weapon: Gaderffii (gaffi stick)
Cost: 50
Damage: 1d8/1d6
Weight: 2 kg
Size: Large
Type: Slashing/Piercing
Group: Exotic Melee

Keep up the great work!!!
Abandon all hope. Prepare for the Wierdness. Get familiar with cannibalism." Hunter S. Thompson, 2000 My custom Minis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19476986/ob1dylans_customs&sort_order=ASC
@Kenad Broki

Today i make some sample character and unfortunately i found another small fault. The Martial Arts dodge bonus will not be deducted from the Reflex-Defense if you are caught flat footed. Also the Bonus provided by the martial arts feats to reflex defense is not shown on the char-sheet. Maybe this could be implemented in the Misc-colum on the sheet.

Keep up the good work. I whis i could be of more use.

Thank you,
Meschler
There's not a Droid version of the sheet, is there?

Apologies earlier for not being able to find the Lightsaber under Weapon Focus!

There's not a Droid version of the sheet, is there?

Apologies earlier for not being able to find the Lightsaber under Weapon Focus!

Under species, Droid is listed.
It's been a while, but here's the latest version.

It's got all the classes, feats and talents from Saga-Edition.com

Enjoy, and keep me posted on the inevitable bugs!

Version 1.152

Version 1.152

You are the man! Thank you.
Suck it up and drive on.
First off, your sheet rules, Kenad Broki.

I really think you improved it a lot, it runs faster for me now.

One thing. when I selected Miraluka from the species list I didn't get Force-sensitive as a species bonus feat. If you could fix that, that would be greeeeeat. /Bill Lumbergh :D
Also I have a question. If you select the Empower weapon and Attune weapon talents from the Force adept's talent tree, how do you select which weapon it applies to? I can't find a box for it...
I'll check the Miraluka thing out in the morning.

To Empower or Attune a weapon, there's a little box below the weapons on the Attacks page. Just scroll down, it's very colourful, you can't miss it ;)
Does anyone else had problems to download this? I used firefox and internet explorer...both result in the same: i click the button link to download, and then it loads the same page again, no matter how many times I try...is there some trick to download from mediafire? some pages (like megaupload) have limited slots for my country and I can only download when those are not all used (well, firefox can take care of that, using proxy too...but it doesn't matter now), but this site is not telling me what is wrong!
you missed the real download link
left of the page, same height as "info, email, share...", there's "click here to start download"
You can also download a copy of it from my site in the downloads section:

www.valdier.com
Masterful work. The Imperial Knights thank you. :D
I don't know why it wasn't there in the first place.

Put "Force Sensitive" (minus quotes) in cell BQ114 on the Abilities and Classes tab, and the Miraluka should have their happy-clappy Force loving ;)

It will be there in the next update, trust.

Version 1.152

Hey Broki I am not finding any of the new stuff from th website? Is there something special I should do to get it active?

Edit:
Err NVM, I am apparently brain dead this morning.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there's still an issue with the Martial Arts dodge bonus displaying wrong. The final Reflex Defense is being added correctly, but the bonus from the Martial Arts feats in the "Misc" column shows as double the bonus you really have.

Other than that, everything else I've picked at works like a dream.

Ooh, one request: would it be possible to let the "GM Bonus" section grant additional class skills? I can fake it by just giving a +5 to the particular skill, but trying to take Skill Focus for it is wonky, as the sheet will have an un-spent Skill Focus laying around.
Hi,

first i want to thank you about all the cool stuff from sagaconversions which are there now Your Generator rocks.

And second i want to mention also the martial arts dodge bonus issue. It is doubled on the char sheet (Misc-Bonus column) and it is missing in the base ref-defense on the armor page.

The rest looks wonderful.

Keep up the good work.

Meschler

P.S.: Found another fault: if you multiclass in scoundrel, there is no possibility to select a multiclass feat.
i got a Run Time Error "28" Out of Stack Space, while using the saga-edition.com class and not using them if i hit the Clear Classes button, and when i hit the debug this is highlighted blanksarezeros
I don't know about the rest of Tao's PrC's, but picking up the Watchman only allows one talent tree. It's supposed to let you choose from the Watchman, Camouflage, and Sentinel talent trees.

I'll check the other PrC's to see if they do this too.
Suck it up and drive on.

Version 1.152

Awesome! Thanks for keeping the Saga-Edition.com stuff separate from the RAW stuff. I know I will make the Saga-Edition.com items available to my players but it is nice to have them separate. Thanks for the continued time and work on this sheet Kenad Broki.
krownhunter07
I don't know about the rest of Tao's PrC's, but picking up the Watchman only allows one talent tree. It's supposed to let you choose from the Watchman, Camouflage, and Sentinel talent trees.
I'll check the other PrC's to see if they do this too.

krownhunter07 , I'm not sure if this addresses your issue but at the top of the Talents page be sure you click the "Expand" button. More Talents will then show up. Hope that helps but I may not understand your issue correctly. ;)
krownhunter07 , I'm not sure if this addresses your issue but at the top of the Talents page be sure you click the "Expand" button. More Talents will then show up. Hope that helps but I may not understand your issue correctly. ;)

I have tried that, they expand but do not allow you to pick them. Thanks though
Suck it up and drive on.
I cant download the sheet. Just get an Error message....
Could someone mail me the Char sheet as i cant get the download link to work.

[email]Glenn_brodkniv@hotmail.com[/email]
I have the same problem... the link just keeps up with the loading..... when I click to download.

TC
As mentioned before, you can grab a copy of it from the Downloads section of my website:

www.valdier.com