Saturday Night Melee has returned, and has been revamped.
Please read everything below carefully. I note the changes specifically to 1) the format - this will be standard, NOT extended, 2) the tournament type - this will be swiss, not single elimination, and 3) the prize structure - emphasis is heavily geared toward participation, rather than winning.
- Games are timed (120 60 minutes max)
- Ban list to be generated over time, and as necessary
- Event will be SWISS style, NOT single elimination
- Registration starts: 7 6 PM EST Games start: 8 6:30 PM EST
- You may NOT change your deck between rounds
Sponsored by: MTGOCasual (Alphabot and CardBot)
- 1st place: 10 credits on Alphabot (5 per teammate)
- 2nd place: 6 credits on CardBot (3 per teammate)
- 3rd place: 4 credits on CardBot (2 per teammate) (3rd and 4th place teams must play for 3rd place prize)
- 2 credits on CardBot – 3 randomly selected teams (1 per teammate) (non-winners) - if fewer than 3 teams are available, each non-winning team would then receive this prize.
- 2 credits on Alphabot – 7 randomly selected teams (1 per teammate) (non-winners) - available to the extent there are enough participants.
- 10 credits on Alphabot – host
- Credits, by default, will be split evenly between the teams. You may instruct the host to alter this if you wish.
Max registration: n/a
Room: Tournament to take place in /join SNM
MTGOCasual Event Rules
1. First person listed makes the table.
2. You have 5 10 mins to get to your table after it is set up.
3. Players may not allow the game to hang more than 5 minutes.
4. Please remain silent during rules announce and table listings.
5. Please do not spam in room.
6. Please do not interrupt the event; those doing so may be disqualified.
7. Respect the host and the host's decisions.
8. Failure to comply with the MTGOCasual Event Rules, or special rules for the tournament may result in disqualification, at the event host's discretion.