April 14th Article Discussion

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is to discuss the newest MTGO article, which can be read here.

• Wide Beta Spotlight begins after downtime Wednesday, May 7th and runs until 10:00AM PDT Friday, May 9th.
  • wide Beta Spotlight participants who play in a Journey into Nyx Prerelease Draft or Sealed event will recieve a promo version of Eidolon of Blossoms
Alison L.
Associate Community Manager
Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

You should send an email notifying people of the Spotlight. Send one now and then another the weekend before the Spotlight. Also make sure the blog article for May 7 is posted a day or two early.

We'll be doing exactly that, and more. This is only the first of several reminders to come.

Alison L.
Associate Community Manager
Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Leagues are still on track for release later this year.

This.  I'm excited about this.  I didn't quit MTGO because of platform instability, poor interface, collection management difficulties or any of the typical things that are touted as "getting better" ... I quit because MTGO stopped supporting leagues.  Period.  My M:tG time was tied tightly enough to MTGO that I also stopped playing Magic for a a few years altogether when MTGO stopped supporting leagues.  I've gradually come back to where I occasionally play table top Magic.  I'm excited for leagues.  I'll start playing MTGO again when they go live.

Jack02 wrote:

Leagues are still on track for release later this year.

This.  I'm excited about this.  I didn't quit MTGO because of platform instability, poor interface, collection management difficulties or any of the typical things that are touted as "getting better" ... I quit because MTGO stopped supporting leagues.  Period.  My M:tG time was tied tightly enough to MTGO that I also stopped playing Magic for a a few years altogether when MTGO stopped supporting leagues.  I've gradually come back to where I occasionally play table top Magic.  I'm excited for leagues.  I'll start playing MTGO again when they go live.

I just hope they come back as actual leagues and not continuous daily events. I want to add packs and do all of that for leagues.

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

xger wrote:

I just hope they come back as actual leagues and not continuous daily events. I want to add packs and do all of that for leagues.

I would disagree here. Continuous events is exactly what I am looking for, although this is perhaps due to never have experienced the original leagues. Might there be place for both kind of events? So many people seem to be waiting for this that fragmentation might not be an issue.

You never did send any emails about the Spotlight. Email can definitely be useful in getting the word out.

Alphi wrote:

xger wrote:

I would disagree here. Continuous events is exactly what I am looking for, although this is perhaps due to never have experienced the original leagues. Might there be place for both kind of events? So many people seem to be waiting for this that fragmentation might not be an issue.

Original leagues could be really frustrating. If you didn't get in your games the day the new pack was available, you could often be left playing against the people with the very best decks who were haunting the league for tiebreakers, or even left with no one to play because it was a less popular league and everyone who wanted to play had already gotten their games in.

My only hope is that a continuous event would also allow packs to be added after you had played each X games, as it's really fun to tweak your deck after it has seen some play. Of course, that again puts you into that situation where, if you are in the Nth tier of players, you can't be matched against a player who doesn't have the same number of packs as you do and so you have to wait around for games. I'm not sure of a good solution for this.

this is the destination for the current link on v3 "Logins Disabled" message

Edit profile would mean email change for sure