Your New Community Coordinator

30 posts / 0 new
Last post

My name is Alison and I am the newest member of Wizards of the Coast’s Community Team! I’ll be doing community and social media coordination for MTGO. You have probably already met me on Twitter under the official @magiconline account. If you are ever experiencing any community-related issues, please don’t hesitate to message me! 

I’ve been playing Magic since my freshman year of college as part of a weekly game night with my friends. I play plenty of different tabletop games (everything from Carcassonne to Battle Wizards, Sentinels of the Multiverse to Arkham Horror), but Magic has always been a part of our group's rotation. I tend to play green-white (although the lovely Wizards_Sean and others have been trying to wean me off of my preference for obnoxiously big creatures and towards something with more finesse) and if I had to pick a favorite Planeswalker, it would have to be the ever-reliable Garruk. Although, as far as backstory goes, I can’t help but love Xenagos. He partied his way to godhood. I’ve gotta respect that.

My experience with Magic Online started when I began working here at Wizards. The past few weeks have been a crash course in MTGO, and I look forward to continuing to learn more about the platform and the community.  

Outside of games, I’m an Internet junkie and beverage enthusiast who cares deeply about bad movies, great comics, and good food.  Hello!

Alison L.
Associate Community Manager
Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Welcome!  It seems we get a new one of you guys every 6 months, that might just be me though.  Please dont make us dig through websites to find out any MTGO breaking news.  Also if possible give us some good teases when you know something good is about to come.  Thanks

Welcome Alison! :D

The forums have been a little slow over the last couple months, and I think having her on the team is going to bring a lot of excitement to the community! I've been telling Alison everything I possibly can about MTGO over the past few weeks - both as a game and as a collection of extremely passionate community members. Now that she's a part of these boards, I welcome all of you to share your experiences with her as well. What does MTGO mean to you? What are you the most passionate about when playing? Other than proper RAV guild alignment, what's the most important of the two billion things Alison should be mindful of as she begins her role in the community?

Sean Gibbons

Welcome aboard!

For the record, it took 11 days between the announcement on twitter and this thread.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert

Welcome aboard.

First, the good news. Those people left on the MTGO boards are all passionate, and care deeply about Magic, MTGO and this community. The downside is that these boards have been "upgraded" at least three times. Each time, we lost a lot of functionality, the boards became harder to use, and a lot of links were broken and board-related activities were made non-functional.  With each "upgrade," the boards lost a lot of users. Sean may have exact numbers, but it has to be at least half each time. The result is that those of us who are still here are a bit bitter and cynical. Sorry about that.

The boards users also tend to feel left out - like the boards are a relic of older times that only get perfunctory attention. (Bubba's comment reflects that feeling.) Please, keep us in the loop. We are passionate about this, and we can be a force for good when we have something to help with.

As for threads - read this first. http://community.wizards.com/forum/magic-online-general/threads/4014701 . Cauchy was a bit upset with the negativity of the forums after the last restructure, and we challenged him to do something positive. He did - and it is a great reminder of the passion we all have for the game.

After that, read the history thread. It explains where MTGO is, and you need to know this history. It's a long one, but worth plowing through. http://community.wizards.com/forum/magic-online-general/threads/1103516 .

Next, talk to Wizards folks about why all large events were cancelled late last fall, and what happened. If you want a short, deliberately non-inflamatory player perspective, read my take on it was in my weekly column, (I'll include a link, but I suspect that will be removed. http://puremtgo.com/articles/state-program-november-15th-2013).   If you Google my article title "State of the Program" and Nov. 15, 2014 that should get you there.  If you want samples of the more paniced and angry responses, Google can probably get you those, too.  Tehre were a ton of them.

That said, if I haven't scared you away (sure hope not), welcome. If there is anything we can do to help you out, let us know.

PRJ

I write State of the Program, appearing every Friday on PureMTGO.com.

Thanks for the warm welcome, PRJ! I've spent my time with Wizards so far reading up on this community, and I wanted to gain a better understanding of this forum and its history before I strolled in and announced my existence. I have plenty of experience both as a moderator and a member of online forums, so I understand what that communication barrier can feel like from both ends.

Thanks also for the links you recommended, especially the MTGO history. This is exactly the kind of guide I needed! How would you describe the current state of this community? What can I do to bridge the gap between this communication channel and others (the twitter account, Facebook account, etc)? 

Alison L.

1) Welcome!

2) More WotC posts here - please.  Especially nice would be dialogue reposted from WoTC Tweets.   For example, these boards used to be great when Worth Wollpert posted from time to time.  Now Worth is a busy guy but no matter how much he attempts to tell you he's young and hip through is DJing affairs, he's also old enough to know that communication in 140 characters is very often nothing but cryptic.  If he or Mike Turian aren't going to post more here, please please please (please?) just start posting their relvant tweets here so I don't have to follow 17 WoTC members on Twitter.  Twitter sucks.

3) Understand you are fighting an uphill battle at all times.  We want lots of news/answers, mostly of the kind WoTC doesn't want us to know. Some people are Ok with that, some people are not.  You'll find out who and what soon enough.  

4) The MTGO.com link is actually a fairly good place to put things.  In fact, It's the only place I like to go to look up information.  It has some organization, but probably needs to be fileld out with more info.  Note:  twitter is a horrible place for information, but often ends up beingthe only place to find it.  I point the finger at the lazy director of yours for starting this trend.

5) Twitter sucks.  Bad enough to mention at least twice on this list..

I hope you enjoy your time as community manager.  You are now in a long list of them, most of whom were much less successful than their predecessor - I hope you buck that trend

Classic Quarter
(www.classicquarter.com)

A while back, Chaucy asked what was better about the boards before the upgrades, and a bunch of people posted comments and examples - everything ftrom UNCON to playing Diplomacy on the boards to the archetype primers to evil thread of the day. (All this stuff is busted / nonfunctional now...)

(About the only thing that still works is the icons.)

I don't have time to find it, but someone should post a link to that thread.  It not only identifies what we've lost, but it also identifies the old timers.  (If we posted, we're them.)

PRJ

Wizards_Alison wrote:

How would you describe the current state of this community?

Demoralized. I can provide e-mail with my specific gripes.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert

Thanks for the input, guys. From here on out I'll be doing my best to relay new information and announcements to both our official twitter account as well as here on Magic Online General.

Alison L.

Thought I should add that Wizards_Sean isn't going anywhere -- he will still be posting here as well!

Alison L.

Hi Alison,

The recent "improvements" in board software are much hated and everyone has voted with their feet.

Sorry, but you have walked into a train wreck.

bubba0077 wrote:

Wizards_Alison wrote:

Yeah, and the unfortunate thing is a(nother) new community coordinator is unlikely to fix that as the problems all stem back topwards. It is awkward though that Sean is only posting on these(MTGO) forums about once a week at best(and literally a single post) and that includes posts that are purely him moderating users. 

Also, something that no one at WOTC seems to be dealing with, and it feels laughably terrible:http://community.wizards.com/forum/magic-online-bugs-and-technical-issues/threads/4019086

This thread has been mentioned on the holy grail of "communication" that is Twitter, as well as clearly LOTS of support emails and the like. There is a BIG problem with new account creation for a large enough subset of users that they are hitting it a lot. Repeatable bugs means WOTC needs to fix the code base, and while fixing it supply realistic work arounds to the customer service providers, because apparently this is a newer thing, and no one knows a consistent work around.

I wish you the best, and I hope so very much that you can effect real change around here. I do wonder if another CC was the answer, or if getting the current one to actually use the forums that were foisted off on us (users) rather than continuing to try and drag people to Twitter. I don't necessarily think that is Sean's fault, the history of CCs is that they ALWAYS end up pulled off to other projects. They start strong and either get fired for incompetency, or get given other projects because they are competent, leaving us once again at square one. This process seems to take 3-8 months depending, but it is seemingly consistent.

Also, last thought. Bubba has been hear longer than me, and I have been here for 5+ years active posting, and longer lurking. If it isn't a imposition on him, your "point guy" for understanding this community should be him if he is willing.

Thank god, another source for empty promises is really what we all needed.

Welcome Alison,

I agree with everyone above.  I've been a very infrequent poster but I used to lurk daily.  Now it is every so often.  Demoralized, hate the software, tired of the constant turn around of people and I don't like twitter.  I've been actively playing Hearthstone.  I've invested 10 dollars so far in it and I'm still playing it.  I think I'm joining the check to see if leagues are back crowd.  I'm tired of the constantly higher prices (or lower prizes) and my retirement forces me to make hobby choices.  Since none of my clan members are left and the social aspect is so dismal (even for lurkers), I think I'll check back in a few weeks and see if you've managed to get anyone interested in posting here on the forums.  It used to be a great place to read up on magic.  Now, not so much.   Good luck to you.  I really wish you well.   I would like to have a reason to include these forums in my daily read.

Welcome aboard. We few who remain greet you with tales of ancient splendor and of the wonders now crumbled to forgotten dust and ashes, that used to stand tall and proud in this desolate and ruinous forum. 

Forgive me if I'm getting a bit maudlin, but I'm having to rally the troops to try and save my favourite format again, eight years after the last, thankfully unsuccessful, attempt to remove it. As you can imagine, that's a lot harder these days with the boards no longer the bustling hub they once were. 

In terms of what to do:

Consolidate information, and make it extremely easy to get to. There should be an absolute minimum of clicks between someone visiting the website, logging into the game or checking the forums and getting to all the news that you would like them to see.

Try to encourage input from elsewhere in the company, 

Bear with us in our bitterness. We've lost a lot, but we're the ones who are still here despite everything, and there has been a lot of everything. Just in this thread there are multiple Community Cup attendees and invitees, those who have contested the Erik 'Hamtastic' Friborg Memorial Trophy. (Which reminds me: Read up on Erik, he was one of the greatest people these boards ever had until his untimely demise.) We've collectively invested a hell of a lot of time, effort, creativity and love into this community, writing millions of words in support of it, recording several continuous weeks' worth of MTGO-related podcast time, supporting and uplifting MTGO formats across a wide range of media. And We're just the tip of the iceberg, the battered few stubbornly still here when the vast majority have gone elsewhere because these forums have become so unwieldy. 

Welcome indeed as my fellow posters have said. I have been largely absent because I don't much care for the design or functionality of the forums now. I only actually came back to respond to the Tribal Wars debacle. I hope your impression of us isn't merely the rabble rousing side. We are all long time vets with huge amounts of time invested in the game and in the community even if some of us are in deep hibernation.

As has been iterated and reiterated please do keep us in the loop as best as you can. I always feel like the dropping of the communications ball isn't any one employee's part but a symptom of a deeper cultural malaise and disinterest in giving us the straight scoop. I hope you can change that.

Winter.Wolf and Telir on the client.

Winter.Wolf (ugh at this new forum with the ridiculous double login)

Welcome aboard, Allison! This forum has seen better times, but one can hope they'll be back

WARNING! Ridiculously long post.

SYNOPSIS: Hi, Alison.glhf, I whine a lot. Let us help you. $s for WotC

----------

My first response to a new MOL community manager is...

Hmmm, I dunno.  Cheer? Laugh? Cry? Let [evil 'gona] respond? Meh?

Do I let another community representative crush my hopes again?

Sure, why not?

Alison, I wish you the very best of luck.  Feel free to ask for anything!

----------

As you've already seen with the 22 formats removal debacle.the communications between WotC and the players is at an all time low.  Even a few years ago The MOL Team would have had the courtesy (and foresight!) to at least ask for some feedback on such a move.  Instead, it's yet another arbitrary, unexplained, unnecessary, and unpopular administrative decision.  There's no clue if there was a technical need or desire to do this. Bizarre to leave core constructed formats from years ago and cut formats that you are selling upcoming product for.

The MOL forum community had a ridiculously pro WotC bias. Dedicated players provided the MOL FAQ and nearly all technical support and new player help on the WotC forums. We provided our own moderation.  We were a sounding board for The MOL Team.  We brainstormed and critiqued numerous ways to improve MOL and provided popular ideas that were profitably integrated into MOL.  We were a vibrant forum community with scores of prolific (1000+ posts) long term posters, hundreds of people posting regularly, 100+ response threads happened frequently, front page of General were threads one and two days old.  The WIZARDS.COMmunity beyond the MOL world was incredibly diverse and incredibly busy, tens of thousands of regular participants.

For some unexplained reason for over half a decade WotC has repeatedly chosen to let both the MOL forum community and WIZARDS.COMmunity continue to shrink .

I'll give you just one example of the difference between now and the way things used to be.  Way back when, I ran a contest in the Thicket to give the evil team a motto ("We put the GLEE in GLEEMAX" - nushae).  First prize 10 tix. No advertising.  Hundreds of responses.  Cauchy just ran in General the "Why I Love MTGO" contest with a FoW (over $100 value!) prize.  Publicized in PRJ's State. You can see the number of responses. (One response from WotC? SERIOUSLY?) 10x prize, in General, a much more appealing topic.  And 20% of the response I got.  This ain't a slam on Cauchy's great contest, it's a sad metric of the size of the MOL forum community.

----------

Why has this decline in the MOL forum community happened?  Ever more crappy forum software.  Fewer and fewer posts from The MOL Team.  Changes in community management and community management techniques.

A couple months ago I wanted to find the answers to some key questions about WIZARDS.COMmunity and the communty management team.  No joy.

Left to my own, I've reached the conclusion that WotC just does not care about the forum community any more.

It is WotC's business, it's their decision.  I can demonstrate fairly rigorously that letting the WIZARDS.COMmunity die was a bad business/profitability decision, but since it's apparent the decision was made years ago and this policy is still being acted on, why bother?

Instead, assuming I'm wrong and WotC cares about revitalizing the WIZARDS.COMmunity, I'll ask these questions again.  Prolly for the last time.

----------

What is the official WotC policy or mission statement for WIZARDS.COMmunity and the MOL forum community?

Who is on the community management team and what are their responsibilities?

Why doesn't WotC have one place for all MOL news and information?  (While it's necessary to put news and information everywhere within reach, all info should also be put into one easy to find location.)

Does the community management team have any desire to try to revitalize WIZARDS.COMmunity and the MOL forum community?

Why don't we, WotC and the forum community, have ongoing open interactive discussions on these forums over WotC's plans for the WIZARDS.COMmunity? For the MOL forum community?

Why isn't there a place to discuss this forum software and plans to improve it? (The new site feedback forum does not allow new threads, the omnibus complaint thread is woefully unresponded to by WotC.)

----------

Alison, assuming WotC has an interest in rebuilding WIZRDS.COMmunity, there are still a few ;ong time posters who can greatly aid in a joint effort with the community management team.  Even better, there is a new generation of bright enthusiastic posters that show great potential.  Please don't make the same mistakes as the last eight years of community management and try to do it all in house.

We want to participate, we can contribute greatly, and it is our community.

Please, let us help.

Algona <-------- Loser, fFlamer, NTB Trollnomicist, hopes Alison has a long, great, profitable career as the MOL community manager.

p.s. Often when someone wants WotC to do somethng I pop in and ask "What's in it for WotC?" In this case, pure unadalterated profit. Used to see frequeunt MOL forum posters post that they got sucked back into MOL by visiting the forums.  Seen any of those lately?  How about the free tech support and n00b help the forums used to provide?  How much has WotC's cost for MOL support gone up in the last 5 years?  Whose gonna write the V4 FAQ?  The same person who wrote the FAQ for this crappy forum software? A.

Thank you, Erik.

Two quick notes:

First, one easy way to see if you have succeeded with revitalizing the forums is if you have re-energized Algona and Bubba.  Seriously.  Those two have both done amazing work in the past, and both are incredible assets to the community.  Bubba has been endlessly, tirelessly helpful to new players and, frankly, anyone with a question.  Look at his sig.  Algona did everything, including providing a voice of reasoned, numbers-based reality in many an Internet storm.  (His alterego [evil 'gona], not so much, but Algona only lets that out when appropriate.)

The fact that people like Bubba and Algona that are disillusioned and cynical speaks volumes about how badly Wizards has treated this commuity.

A bunch of others that have posted in this thread could also be great resources.  There's this thing in the WotC office called the Eric Friborg Community Cup.  It's the thing we get to wave around when the community beats the Wizards team in this annual competition thing.  People get invited to play in that event because of their service to the commmunity.  A huge percentage of the people posting in this thread have either hefted that cup, or worked closely with someone who has.

If you can get Bubba and/or Algona back, they can point you at everyone and everything worth knowing and seeing.   (I'd also add AJ, who is great people, but since the Wizards folks just retired his favorite format without warning, again, maybe this isn't the best time.  For that matter, pretty much everyone on this thread is worth revitalizing.  The whole community is, but start here.) 

Second, a note on post numbers.  In many of the previous software "upgrades," functionalities were lost.  In many cases, post counts were reset.  In several cases, entire accounts were lost.  (Example: this is my second of three acounts.  It became locked 6 or 7 years ago, and after some fruitless attempts at repair, WotC customer service had me create a third account.  When the latest forum "upgrade" went live, the software would not believe my third account existed.  On the plus side, this one was suddenly live again.  The ed result - my account creation date went back several years, and my total posts dropped to about 10% of what it had been.  Anyway, the point of all this is that you should not trust the post counts shown.  Algona is probably pushing 20,000 actual posts. Bubba - no idea: I can't count that high.

edit:  just read the 22 formats thread.  Great news.  Maybe it's worth going after AJ_Impy, now, too. 

PRJ

PRJ wrote:

edit:  just read the 22 formats thread.  Great news.  Maybe it's worth going after AJ_Impy, now, too. 

Not killing my format is a good start. Getting it back within a reasonable timeframe would be good. Getting it back unreasonably quickly would impress me. I'm not entirely sure I need to be got, per se. Getting me to renounce my belief that anything even vaguely computer related falls under the remit of Wizards' core incompetencies, those things the company is incapable of doing well, would require tangible proof that this is not the case. However, this is not a dogma but a hypothesis: You are more than welcome to disprove it, and I'd be glad if you did!

Hey Algona!

I won't be able to speak to the larger overarching questions (as I honestly have not been here long enough to have the background necessary to formulate possible solutions), but I will do my best to answer what I can. 

What is the official WotC policy or mission statement for WIZARDS.COMmunity and the MOL forum community?

While I don't believe there is a public mission statement on WotC's behalf, I'm pretty sure it would simply be 'To provide a self-sustaining, active space for Magic: The Gathering community members to connect and engage'. I do have my own personal approaches to moderation and community management, which I would be happy to discuss.  I've moderated several large online communities over the years (and been community manager professionally for two), so the life cycle of an internet forum is nothing new to me.

I can also speak a bit to the roles of the community management team. My role here will be to relay information in both directions -- from the community to WotC and vise-versa. If a pressing issue is brought up on one end, it is my duty to make sure the other end hears about it (like yesterday, with the reaction to the format restrictions). Just because I might not respond to something doesn't mean I did not see it or your voice was not heard -- I'll be reading and relaying pretty much everything in these forums from here on out. : )

Why doesn't WotC have one place for all MOL news and information?

As of right now, we have two. The blog (which we use for detailed, nitty-gritty update news) and MTGO.com (which we use for major announcements and R&D articles). 

Why don't we, WotC and the forum community, have ongoing open interactive discussions on these forums over WotC's plans for the WIZARDS.COMmunity?

I turned to Wizards_Sean about this, and was told that some forum changes were planned in a discussion thread, but that those changes have been put on hold. He edited that thread to let people know.

I'm sorry I cannot give you all the answers you're looking for, but I can promise to do my best as a channel to make sure your voices and opinions are heard appropriately.

Alison L.

Welcome Alison.

I have been "ghosting" around these forums awhile and watching as others state (often times better than I could) their thoughts and opinions.

But we are out here.  watching, listening, and truly liking this game.....

good luck to you.

AJ_Impy wrote:

PRJ wrote:

Not killing my format is a good start. Getting it back within a reasonable timeframe would be good. Getting it back unreasonably quickly would impress me. I'm not entirely sure I need to be got, per se. Getting me to renounce my belief that anything even vaguely computer related falls under the remit of Wizards' core incompetencies, those things the company is incapable of doing well, would require tangible proof that this is not the case. However, this is not a dogma but a hypothesis: You are more than welcome to disprove it, and I'd be glad if you did!

My duty is simply to act as the messenger. As much as I'd like to say I have power to make others do things... I'm not omnipotent. Just good with social media. : D

Alison L.

Wizards_Alison wrote:
My duty is simply to act as the messenger. As much as I'd like to say I have power to make others do things... I'm not omnipotent. Just good with social media. : D

It's all good. You are not the first to be in a liason role, and we are all too aware of the limits of the position in terms of things actually getting done. What you've done so far is appreciated.

Like others have said there has been another mass exodis of posters due to another downgrade in forum software.  So that is the first up hill battle.

What I want is one centralized location to find news as soon as possible.  I would prefer it be a website and then you could spread out the word to check the website in all the various social media locations you choose.  I think that would make it easier on you and everyone else.  It would also allow for a history of what events, promo cards, etc have happened in the past.  Websites should be easier to navigate for history and current information.  I understand that its not the instant thing all the younger people are wanting but things like twitter I would have to immage are just too chaotic to be a living long of information.  They are more a stream of continousness.

An instance of this is the following link:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=magic/online/rewards/welcome

I check that regularly to figure out what the latest reward cards are.

Presonally I would also like to see more Out Of Print (OOP) drafts.  These are drafts of old formats that are no longer sold in the Magic Online Store.  Like the drafts they did recently.  It helps to get cards to circulate more and it also gives us (well at least me) a chance to play these formats.  Some of which I have not gotten to play before.

If you are looking to get activity then start threads on reward cards players would like to see.  Also on Out Of Print (OOP) drafts people would like to see.  This is assuming that whoever in charge of these is willing to take our requests on them.  Another topic is if there is something internally you guys know we want but there is some barrier on why it can't happen then maybe suggestion threads on overcoming the barrier.

(didn't this use to have spell check?  I am sure I made some horrible errors but no spell check is coming up)

Run for the hills, Alison

Run for the hills.....

PanteraCanes wrote:
(didn't this use to have spell check?  I am sure I made some horrible errors but no spell check is coming up)

Yes, but apparently that feature was too complicated for newer users.

bubba0077 wrote:

Wizards_Alison wrote:

First off welcome to the show!

I have to agree with what Bubba said above.

as well as most of the other posts so far in this thread.

Good to know that Sean isnt leaving, because it seem we get a new face to run the community once a year or so.

Im joekewwl in game and on the boards. I help run the player side of beta testing  for mtgo so you are more likely to see me posting on the beta boards then here.

Long time player and tester and I have to say that the boards change mention already  in this  is bad.

Communication on twitter over being posted here is just sad. Six days before making a post here n the offical boards? Really?

I guess somethings just dont change, even after beng told they would be different.

ok. you wanted to know so I told you,

I do like that Wotc does listen to us when we  pull togather and yell at them about stuff.  Like the current issue with removal of formats just to mention one.

I look forward to seeing you in game and feel free to ask away about anything u need help with or have questions.

-Joe

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

Sign In to post comments