What the Wizards are Saying

12 posts / 0 new
Last post

THIS THREAD IS ONLY TO REPOST TWEETS FROM WOTC FOLKS!

Worth, Sean and some of the other MTGO team occassionally tweet or post info to Facebook or Reddit - stuff that does not necessarily get recorded or shared on these boards.  Let's fix that.  If anyone spots a tweet or Facebook post from someone at Wizards that's worth knowing about, please copy it into this thread.

If the quote is interesting enough,  make a separate / additional discussion thread. 

Let's use this one just to track what WotC folks actually say.

PRJ

I write State of the Program, appearing every Friday on PureMTGO.com.

Not sure if this qualifies as "info", but I'll post it anyways.

Here's a week-old tweet by Chris Kiritz related to leagues:

1. @CKiritz Regarding leagues, will I be able to keep playing after my "matches that count"? That's a very important feature for me.

2. @spuuky_ Not in the way the old leagues worked. You can alway load a deck in freeform open play, though.

pcjr wrote:

1. @CKiritz Regarding leagues, will I be able to keep playing after my "matches that count"? That's a very important feature for me.

2. @spuuky_ Not in the way the old leagues worked. You can alway load a deck in freeform open play, though.

The more I hear about leagues, the more sure I am that they are going to be like daily events, but where you can play your matches over a period of days instead of at once, then you are removed from the event with your prizes/cards.

WBurgess wrote:

pcjr wrote:

The more I hear about leagues, the more sure I am that they are going to be like daily events, but where you can play your matches over a period of days instead of at once, then you are removed from the event with your prizes/cards.

First off, thanks for person who posted this league info.  Its the main reason I do not play much MTGO anymore, leagues being gone that is.   So one of the coolest features of leagues is gone, being able to play matches after your counting games are over?  Well its obvious why they did this,  they dont want people playing for free.  If this turns out to be some cheese like Burgess said I am going to be really upset about it.

Tips on how to post tweets here would be appreciated via private message.
  1. @mturian Also @mtgworth said that flashback drafts paired with cube cost 14 tix. He said that 3~ weeks ago. New policy?

2. @TheCardNexus @mturian that's not what I said, I said we move event entries around all the time and that essentially nothing is permanent

1. @mtgworth When is the Jace, Arcitect of Thought bug going to be addressed and fixed? Hasn't this issue been known for a while.

2. @TaylerMirus not sure if it is planned for the next build or not, @mturian may know more

1. Hobbes Herald Angel ‏@HobbesQ23h

Can we get a better way to stack 70+ triggers @mturian @mtgworth @TrickMTG

2. Trick Jarrett ‏@TrickMTG19h

@TheCardNexus @BLeighton1982 @HobbesQ @mturian @mtgworth F7 does it if all the same. There isn't one when they differ.

3. Lee Sharpe ‏@Lee_Sharpe18h

@TheCardNexus @TrickMTG @BLeighton1982 @HobbesQ @mturian @mtgworth The biggest issue is no way to easily autostack targeted triggers.

11:41 PM - 1 Jan 14 · Details

~~
Magic Online ‏@MagicOnline  6h 
(Sean) Don't forget that #MTGO maintenance is tomorrow beginning at 8 AM PST. ETA is Noon.

Magic Online ‏@MagicOnline  9h 
(Sean) Heads up! #MTGO is going to have maintenance downtime tomorrow between 8 AM and 12 PM (Pacific Time).

FWIW, token cards are getting a facelift as well. More on that as we get closer to release. There's still a lot of Theros block left!

IPA Retros start today. Glad there was a blog post this week to announce it...by a user in the comments. @mturian http://community.wizards.com/content/blog/4020536 

@FoundOmega That was posted on the Events Calendar in error. No flashback draft this week.

In comments for the blog post (from WotC_ClaytonKroh):

The Invasion Flashback Draft was posted on the Calendar by mistake. It'll be taken down shortly. There is no Flashback Draft this week, but next week there will be information about more coming in the future.

Wow, my twitter cut-and-paste formatting just keeps getting wierder.

If this thread hadn't been buried I might have known to do an IPA draft last night!! :-(
Oh well, at least there's still tonight...

IPA drafts extended 2 days to right before the Born of the Gods prereleases. Enjoy continuing to Magma Burst/Raging River people out!"

Can't see that this was announced anywhere other than Twitter.. but possible I missed it!

Good catch! I've kind of forgotten about Twitter lately.

I can't find mention of this anyplace else. Its no longer in the events calendar and wasn't in yesterday afternoon's Update blgo post.