DCI/Planeswalker points on MTGO

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there a way to link your DCI number or earn Planewalker Points on MTGO?
You get 1000 planeswalker points for winning an online PTQ. Other than that there isn't a way, though it is something that is supposedly desired by WotC to happen to some extent at some point.

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

Thanks man. That's kind of weak given that it costs more to play on MTGO thanks to event tickets and $4 packs than it does in store and local businesses lose out.  The least they could do is let us earn points.
Its fairly rare that you have to pay $4 for MtGO packs. I bought most of my M2014 packs for just over $3. Since I think you're only interested in limited, I won't go into online vs. paper constructed singles prices.
If you could earn regular points online the local stores would probably lose out more.  You could rack up points a lot faster online than in real life.
Always trade tickets for the packs you need to draft. There's a constant oversupply of almost everything, no need to actually buy from the store for $4.
Always trade tickets for the packs you need to draft. There's a constant oversupply of almost everything, no need to actually buy from the store for $4.

This seems to be true for a majority of the supply.  Though I keep seeing certain packs over or at 4 tickets while the store sells at 3.99.  INN and RTR I believe are both at or over 4 tickets.  I find it incerdible that people who go to the market place to get cheaper packs are willing to pay more there on some packs than the store is selling for.
I find it incerdible that people who go to the market place to get cheaper packs are willing to pay more there on some packs than the store is selling for.

add in the sales tax ...
I find it incerdible that people who go to the market place to get cheaper packs are willing to pay more there on some packs than the store is selling for.

add in the sales tax ...

I have not seen any sales tax.

Did a purchase last night for the same reason.  Just looked at the receipt and there is no sales tax.

I have not seen any sales tax.

Did a purchase last night for the same reason.  Just looked at the receipt and there is no sales tax.

Well lucky you. They get me for 20%.
You get 1000 planeswalker points for winning an online PTQ. Other than that there isn't a way, though it is something that is supposedly desired by WotC to happen to some extent at some point.

If they don't get off their behind about it, I (or someone else) may beat them to the punch. This is a back burner project that I am working on. I see no reason why a "brick and mortar" store (that runs sanctioned events) can't sponsor a sanctioned online FNM/PRE, and award DCI points accordingly, once verification hurdles have been overcome. I have not yet come across a real "legal" reason this cannot be done.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

This seems to be true for a majority of the supply.  Though I keep seeing certain packs over or at 4 tickets while the store sells at 3.99.  INN and RTR I believe are both at or over 4 tickets.  I find it incerdible that people who go to the market place to get cheaper packs are willing to pay more there on some packs than the store is selling for.

It's actually pretty simple - buying from the store takes real funds whereas the MTGO secondary market does not. I would wager a lot of people would be willing to pay the extra few cents a pack not to spend real money on it.

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

I thought about that.  Though if you are buying more packs it probably means your own supply is down.  So are they pulling that much money from drafts to fund it?  Eventually you put money back in.  If putting money back in why not buy the slightly cheaper version to save a few pennies?
Would love to be able to earn PP's with my online play given how much we spend on it, wish they would make this more of a priority.