The SHOW and TELL Thread

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is the thread for Timmies where you can show off your card collection or singles and brag to others about the good trades you have made or if you have some cards with a special story you want to share.

Haters will hate this thread Smile

I will start out myself by showing off my complete playsets of FOIL Zendikar Fetchlands:

I bought these 20 lands on eBay for like 350 USD (about 70 USD pr playset)  Smile 

Oh btw... I also bought 80 of the FOIL BASIC FULL-ART Zendikar lands on ebay from kidicarus2000 for like 115 USD back then:

I wonder what these 80 FULL-ART FOIL lands are worth today  Smile (There are 4 of each in each pocket).
I mostly like the FOIL FULL-ART basic Zendikar lands drawn by Veronique Meignaud, so therefore I bought these from SCG for 1.99 dollars each:

People didn't understand back then, that I was willing to pay 2 dollars each for a basic land. I didn't understand either, but wtf... Who cares.

Timmy sees nice card. Timmy buys nice card. Cause Timmy likes nice cards Cool.  
Im pretty sure this is not the correct subforum for this thread, that said nice lands.
I'm ready for Innistrad to rotate and welcoming Theros... Are you?

I think this thread needs to be moved since its not very Standard General topical. Going to make the request.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I don't think there is a subforum named "frat bro trying to brag about Magic cards". 
I don't think there is a subforum named "frat bro trying to brag about Magic cards". 

If there was, it would be 10 pages of John posting tibalt decks.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Well, with this new member of course.

Foil Tibalt is so last season. Foil zendikar anything is so... 3 years ago. 

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

The foil basic ZEN lands go for 8-12 each, depending on the art.

I'm interested in the V.M. art ones, as those are the ones I'm getting for my cube. FOR SOME REASON PEOPLE DONT WANNA TRADE THEM > 

And guys, the forum you are looking for is called reddit. 

(at)MrEnglish22

Please do not make moderation suggestions/requests/commentary in-thread. It is disruptive and as such violates the Code of Conduct.

Moving to Magic General.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Um... Congrats on spending money on Magic? Woohoo, good for you?

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

"Haters will hate this thread" is such a silly thing to say.  It makes you sound like you're trying to start something, and accomplishes nothing beyond that.  Why would anyone hate shiny land?

I assume that you are insecure and think that superficially grouping anyone who might direct any criticism your way as "haters" might make you seem cool, confident, unhated, and even the opposite of insecure, but it is an artifact of the vernacular that you really need to consider dropping from your repertoire, as it only inspires vitriol.

That having been said, your foil lands are very shiny and cool.  I hope I didn't come off as condescending or anything; my intent is merely to critique and inform.  This could have been such a nice thread.
Um... Congrats on spending money on Magic? Woohoo, good for you?

Hater.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Haha, wow...
Sign In to post comments