Dies to Removal: a web comic

435 posts / 0 new
Last post

Dies to Removal

So, I decided that I liked making web comics enough to start my own thread.

CRITIQUE OR ELSE!!!

[indent]Episodes[/indent]
  • [post=18302429]Use your words[/post]
  • [post=18302433]Stats![/post]
  • [post=18302490]Is it night yet?[/post]
  • [post=18306174]Excuses, excuses[/post]
  • [post=18307612]Ashnod's Coupon[/post]
  • [post=18309208]Chaos Orb[/post]
  • [post=18309488]Getting Started[/post]
  • [post=18370507]DragOn[/post]
  • [post=18409387]The Errand[/post]
  • [post=18422404]Akroma[/post]
  • [post=18423138]Twilight[/post]
  • [post=18450919]Wallpaper[/post]
  • [post=18454118]Robbie the Robot[/post]
  • [post=18470612]No Place Like Home[/post]
  • [post=18477221]The Stack[/post]
  • [post=18497654]Plausibility[/post]
  • [post=18508204]The Dark Wood of Error[/post]
  • [post=18516442]The Descent[/post]
  • [post=18524917]The Gate to Hell[/post]
  • [post=18545727]Mother's Day[/post]
  • [post=18588787]Penguins[/post]
  • [post=18616113]Irritation[/post]
  • [post=18622272]Finkel Vision[/post]
  • [post=18674551]Off Guard[/post]
  • [post=18719931]Quality Starts[/post]
  • [post=18818612]Flashback Humor[/post]
  • [post=18822646]Mana Burn[/post]
  • [post=19146906]Matrix: the Gathering[/post]
  • [post=19206793]Harry Potter and the Phyrexian Stone (The Truth Revealed)[/post]

My favorite comic strips include Calvin & Hobbes, xkcd, Dinosaur Comics, and The Far Side.
I like them. I think they're as funny, and in the same style, as the ones by Suudsu2200 in his thread here (which I know you knew about, but wanted to reference) maybe you guys should team up, since I imagine it's hard to keep a steady flow of ideas for jokes.

Specifically, I like the first one the most, and second one is also funny, and while i can sympathize with the third one, it is not "funny" per say, but "entertaining" (I think the title of the third one is actually funny). Overall they are all enjoyable.
Sol RingColorless mage? Join the Artificer's Group!Sol Ring

Also, If you play MTG in San Diego, join the San Diego players group here.

Good job Rush! Keep em coming.
I'm not sure how well xkcd-style humor fits MtG.
I don't think XKCD has any style of humour.

I think that was his point.

As a big fan of webcomics, I encourage you to continue. Things will inevitably improve with time.
I automatically approve of anything that references the hotness of Elves of Deep Shadow
A good start. It feels a tiny bit forced with the one-panel format. And the first one tries way to hard to be XKCD. But of the three MTG webcomics I know of this one is currently the best.
It's not really funny and it's pretty unoriginal. It's like a bad version of XKCD. A very bad version.
A good start. It feels a tiny bit forced with the one-panel format. And the first one tries way to hard to be XKCD. But of the three MTG webcomics I know of this one is currently the best.

When I have a need to go beyond one panel, I probably will, but I didn't see the need yet. Ya, I'm a huge xkcd fan, but the single panel thing is more of a Far Side inspiration. Why does the strip seem so similar to xkcd? Is it because of the humor used or the art/format? Or both?

It's not really funny and it's pretty unoriginal. It's like a bad version of XKCD. A very bad version.

See bolded sentence above.
Yeah, like XKCD IMAGE(http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c152/Trrartist/emot-laugh.gif)

XKCD is so funny! You're crazy and probably not an engineering major at all!
I like them, and also feel like they are in the sarcastic/weird style of XKCD (which, I feel, can be applied to any subject)

I also like the title of the comic ;)

XKCD is so funny! You're crazy and probably not an engineering major at all!

Well, physics anyway, and yes it is.
Read my MtG Webcomic!
The first one was too similar do to it being of the "When I'm Bored" format. I can't remember what the exact tagline is but XKCD has a series of comics like that. I think it is "My Hobby:" Or something.
lol, keep'em comin' Rush.
thumbs up, picked, cheers. Choose whichever movie review metaphor you are most comfortable with :D

Number three isn't funny at all but the other ones aren't too bad.

This has potential, don't mess it up.
Whenever I read a webcomic, one of my expectations is that the artwork behind the comic be interesting or otherwise add to the humor. After reading your first four comics, I would say that yours do neither. I would much rather read text alone than have the text accompanied with MSPaint quality images.
I liked #4 a lot. Twas most humorous.
Number one I had already seen, but it was still funny. I didn't find 2 or 3 funny, but I usually don't find things funny.

#4 was hilarious!

Good work. Why is it that always the professional comics suck, but amateurs are good?

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

Why is it that always the professional comics suck, but amateurs are good?

Because professional comics are amateurs.
I would say they are all horribly unfunny but judging from this thread you clearly have an audience so...
keep up the good work?
I would say they are all horribly unfunny but judging from this thread you clearly have an audience so...
keep up the good work?

I commend you on being aware of someone besides yourself. That's pretty rare on the internet.

Pretty funny, thumbs up.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

keep up the good work?

Since when has something sucking ever kept anyone from saying so? :P Can you pinpoint the reasons why? Learning how to do this is tech and stuff.
I think you and Suudsu should work together and create something beautiful.
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
Since when has something sucking ever kept anyone from saying so? :P Can you pinpoint the reasons why? Learning how to do this is tech and stuff.

lol at the last sentence.

:shrug: I mean mainly, they didn't make me laugh.

I would say overall it's a combination of ideas that are cliched or only carry a very small potential for humor combined with inelegant execution, but to be honest it's really hard to say exactly what makes it fail.

Obviously I'm in the minority here so I wouldn't take what I say too much into consideration.

That.
I honestly don't like it very much. I want to, 'cause I like you, rush, and you have a very good sense of humor, but i doesn't seem to translate to comic form very well.

sorry.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
I honestly don't like it very much. I want to, 'cause I like you, rush, and you have a very good sense of humor, but i doesn't seem to translate to comic form very well.

sorry.

I see a pattern... all the members that are jaded don't like it. Figures.
Well I've been mildly enjoying all of these, but that last one made me laugh out loud.:D
I see a pattern... all the members that are jaded don't like it. Figures.

Best line so far. :D
These are pretty awesome. ^^
Like, actually very funny. And magic is not an easy thing to be both funny and unique about.

I'd like to see some nicer art, though. Maybe you should team up with an artist and stick them up on your own site. :p
The last two might be your best of all, the chaos orb one is particularly funny. keep it up!

I like them. Continue!
They are pretty good.