Conflux: The Mafia (Day 5: The Revenge of Zindaras)

1819 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h185/Aow55/ConfluxTheMafia-1.gif)

(A Paranoia Paradise Production)

Nicol Bolas was angry. In fact, he was very angry. Not that this was a strange thing to his agents hidden throughout the 5 shards, but today he was especially angry. Why was he angry you ask? Because of the kittens! Not any ordinary kittens, but war kittens, bred by the Nacatl to immobilize their opponents with cuteness. Marisi had brought them to him as a present and now they were distracting all of his agents, and rightly so, for these were the cutest of the cute, the most adorable kittens in all of Naya. How could an evil warlord conspiring to regain his position as the most powerful Planeswalker ever concentrate on instigating war on all of the 5 shards when all of his followers were being distracted by kittens. Furious, and with a kitten prancing at his feet, Bolas bade for his most trusted agent, Gwafa Hazid.

“Ooh! Look at the kitten!” Remarked Hazid, his eyes fixated not on the huge dragon lord but on the ferocious adorable war kitten on the floor.

“Will everyone stop looking at the kittens!” bellowed Bolas singing Hazid’s hair right off his head.

The newly bald Hazid reluctantly removed his gaze from the kitten, and what a kitten it was, and fixed it to his master.

“I want you to make an example of a group of my followers who have been especially entranced by these kittens. Pick a group of trusted agents from across the realm and tell them to destroy those kitten lovers at all costs.” snarled Bolas, flinging the kitten who was currently residing on his arm towards Gwafa.

Quickly catching the kitten, Gwafa resumed his adoration, only to be singed once more by Bolas. “Of course sir.” muttered Hazid as he walked out of Bolas’ throne room, still carrying the kitten. Knowing he could not disobey Bolas’ orders, he found a group of agents and told them to hide within the residences of Bolas’ most affectionate followers. He then retired, rubbing the spot where his hair used to be and with the kitten at his side, to his quarters overlooking the city.

“Meep” said Hazid, settling down to watch the action which would soon unfold. Much to his surprise, the kitten leapt up to the chair beside him and said:

“Welcome to the Conflux Mafia!”

The Stuff you should read
The Rules (Shamelessly ripped off from Zindaras):
Basic Information On Mafia:
Here’s a [thread=999655]FAQ[/thread] written on the basics of the game, or you can choose to “read” this interactive tutorial by MikeBurnFire.
Rules Regarding Night:
When night falls, anyone who has a night role should send their PM in as soon as they can. Nights will take exactly 2 days (48 hours) at most. I would prefer that you send me PMs for your night role, but if you absolutely must, you can send it to me through my AIM, avatarowoe77, or my MSN and yahoo at [email]aowbackup@yahoo.com[/email]
You cannot post at night. The occasional accidental post is forgivable, but I will enforce this rule. If you do post at night I will give you a game warning.
Nights last 48 hours. If you are unable to send your night role during that time, contact me and we’ll work something out. If you don’t manage to send your night role in, the first time I will select a random target. The second time you’ll fail. I will send you a mod prod after you fail your night choice, and you will have two to three days to respond to it. If not, you will be replaced. Depending on game state, I may just straight up replace you on the second time.
Rules Regarding Day:
There is a time limit of a week for one on day. Time limits may be granted extensions if the need arises.
When day breaks, I'll post what happened during last night.
During the day, you talk amongst yourselves and vote to lynch someone. I will post at the being of the game how many votes are required to lynch.
Rules Regarding Death:
When a player dies, his role name and alignment will be public.
Do not post when you have died, or communicate with other living or dead players once you have died. You are dead, therefore, you have been silenced. Be respectful of that. One "Bah" post to express your unhappiness is all you get. Do not put any game-relevant information in your post.
Rules Infractions And Punishments:
Quoting PMs or other mod conversations will get you modkilled. No game warnings on this.
If you die, you've been silenced. Don't post again.
Don't edit your posts. (Don't lightning edit either, it's risky.) Just post more if you have to.
For reference, a “fake edit” is not just adding more to a post without changing the original content via editing. A fake edit is when you preview your post before submitting it, see something has changed, and instead of rewriting your entire post you simply attach to the end “Fake Edit: [Insert Words Here.]”
Don't post in white or invisible text.
Don't talk with other people outside the thread, unless your role allows it.
If you break the rules enough, you'll be killed (modkilled) or unwillingly replaced, depending on the situation. Do not intentionally get yourself modkilled, or break major rules. It’s really against the spirit of the game, and creates a hassle for the GO, sometimes one that can’t be fixed and utterly ruins the game. Accidentally posting at night or editing once or twice is not the end of the world, but finding out other’s role from outside the thread or posting game relevant information once dead is pretty bad.
Rules Regarding Voting:
Bold your votes and put them in the following format: Vote: Someone. If you want to change a vote, post Unvote: The Person You are Unvoting. You do not need to vote for someone else if you unvote. If you quote someone else's vote, it does not count.
Once someone gets a majority of votes, they are instantly lynched. (Half is not a majority.) Any unvotes are irrelevant at that point, the person is dead now.
If a player would be unlynchable, and they are lynched for the day, it will cause a No Lynch and the day will end. Day does not continue.
If a deadline is set and the town doesn’t lynch someone by the time it arrives, the person with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, the most recent votes are unvoted until someone maintains a majority.
If there are no votes, there will be a no lynch.
Rules Regarding Inactivity:
If you are being inactive, I will send you a mod prod. If you do not respond to a mod prod within two days, I will replace you. I understand you have a real life though, so just come to me if you have to go somewhere for awhile and I’ll work something out.
If you don’t have time to play, don’t sign up. I don’t want your 100% devotion to a mafia game, but I’d like you to actually post and for you to remember to send in your night choices.
In the case of a [u]severe[/u] game lag, and that I can't find replacements, I will modkill inactive players, who do not respond to mod prods. (Please note that I will not do this unless I absolutely have to, and do not want to unless it is absolutely needed. This is also probably very unlikely.
I will not accept dead players as substitutes for inactive players. In a state of game emergency, my policy is…“We’ll call you, don’t call us.”
Rules Regarding PM Quoting:
Anyway. We all know quoting our PMs is wrong, right? (If not, it’s possibly one of the most dire infractions, and will get you modkilled virtually everytime.)
Paraphrasing what your PM said is fine, however.

Information Regarding Metagaming:
Some PMs have been altered to have different format than most others. This is to prevent a game decision being made on something irrelevant as how many words you have in your PM, and such. Again, I note, some people’s PMs have been deliberately altered to be in a different format. Lynching someone on the basis of how their PM was set up is folly.
I still obviously do not want you quoting your PMs though, or saying how many words there are in your PM, or how your win condition is exactly phrased, etc. Just use the time tested standard: paraphrase. :P
Also, other such methods of “metagaming” such as “so and so was on, and night ended quickly, so X must have a night role” and “this day effect happened now, and only X was on, so they must have done it” have been dealt with in similar fashions. Night’s length will have a minimum based on the number of players in game to prevent this from happening, and I will sometimes intentionally delay a day effect to a point where the user is not even on. The list goes on. The game is to be played with evidence, not particular phrasing of rules or when so and so was on. Trying to abuse the system isn’t going to get you very far.
General Rules:
This is a 16 or 20 player game depending on how many people sign up.
If you've got questions, ask me. For example, if you don't want be caught in a rock in a hard place when you assumed the doctor could protect himself or that he protects all hits (he only stops one), simply ask me.
Normal doctor protection that saves a player from dying does not show up in the death post via flavor or other means.
You are not notified if your role was succesful or not. A doc, for example, will not know when he is roleblocked.
Death posts do not implicate specific people in the game as suspects.
If you would like to be a replacement, you can post so in the thread. Even if it's night. (Or PM me or poke me on AIM. Either is fine.)
The town is unaware if masons and/or mafia, if they exist, can talk during day and/or night.
Any roles that directly conflict with any of the above rules will override the current rule.
You are not allowed to talk to other players who are dead and reveal your role to them, even if you are both currently in the state of death, unless I say otherwise, which I won’t. There is very good reason for this, and by signing up, I expect you to follow the “Honour System” and patiently obey the rule.

Sign ups will be held until the end of the week and will take place in this thread. The faster people sign up, the quicker the roles will get sent out.

Living Players
Living Players

4. Clem
5. Tevish
6. PK
11. Euclid
12. BOTA
16. SarinFuzz evilweevil666
17. jon_anthony
20. Glare_of_the_Loxodon

Dead Players
Dead Players

21. Gleeeeeemax - Suicidal Townie
2. Cville Ninja - Meglonoth, Mafia Aligned Don Lynched day 1
13. funkmu - Wild Leotau, Town AlignedLynched day 2
18. Wizards_White_Knight - Bloodhall Ooze, Town Aligned Killed night 2
15. tbshawk KingofDominaria - Sludge Strider, Town Aligned, lynched day 3
7. Gaetele roxburydude - Viashino Slaughtermaster, Mafia Aligned, killed night 3
1. Ryuuk KamahlPigFighter - Parasitic Strixm Town Aligned, lynched day 4
8. Murica - Court Homunculus, Town Aligned, killed night 4
10. Ichthys_II - Giltspire Avenger, Town Aligned, killed night 4
14. vinculum - Pestilent Kathari, Town Aligned, lynched day 5
9. Commander Jim - Master Transmuter, Town aligned, killed night 5
19. The Unwritten Zipperflesh - Nacatl Hunt-Pride, Town Aligned, lynched day 6
3. Wahooney SimicGuildmage- Sacellum Archers, Town Aligned, killed night six.
Players in GREEN are town
Players in RED are mafia
Players of other alignment will be revealed as they appear.

Replacements
Replacements

26. Phenylalanine
29. Benjerman

The back up mod for this game will be your friendly Px2 Gamemaster, Zindaras.

Things to note:
Like in Shards of Alara Mafia there is a Power/Toughness aspect:
Shards Of Alara Mafia wrote:
-Besides normal Mafia mechanics, this game will also use a new mechanic: power/toughness. Every player has a power and a toughness. These are relevant only to some abilities. Like in Magic, if the damage on a player equals or exceeds that player's toughness, he's dead. If a player hits zero toughness, he dies as well. Damage is removed from all players at the end of the night, when day starts (you could call it the clean-up phase).

β↓
I am your backup-mod for the game, ready to take over if necessary.
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
I'll play
It's been sooo long since I've done a Mafia. I'm in.

And hiya Zindie.
Photobucket
Eh, sign me in I guess.

L1 Judge

I'll /in.
IMAGE(http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/Guardman/MTGDarkness3.jpg) http://forums.mtgdarkness.com/ MTGDarkness: A Magic: the Gathering forum.
It's been sooo long since I've done a Mafia. I'm in.

And hiya Zindie.

VA_Ninja? Total guess here.
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
I'll go in for this.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Yo.

(Yes, that means "in.")
So in.
$5 says the mod adds a bastard role that I end up "randomly" getting.
in...
Also, PK and I both have to be mafia for this game to be a success. I will even announce the night 1 victim, Tevish Szat... just to make the game more intense

"I see the face of greatness"

PariahKing

This can only end badly.
$5 says the mod adds a bastard role that I end up "randomly" getting.

) if you were sure of it you would have gambeled a bigger sum. Obviously you're just trying to portray yourself as an important person to these people...

RUSSIAN ROULETTE!!! Kill: PariahKing

PariahKing

I demand the role Blood Tyrant. PK demands the role AEther Lich!!!

yeah... I'll stop posting now >_>

PariahKing

I'm a college student; therefore, I have no more money to gamble.

You also need a 3rd person for Russian Roulette.
I'll join.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

You also need a 3rd person for Russian Roulette.

You had to ask? It's Tevish of course...

PariahKing

Fun Fact of Fun: Tevish won his CA and played his first mafia game in Time Spiral Mafia, a game I hosted. All I remember about it is that FFP died via viggery and it was funny because he was mafia.

Less Fun Fact: I wrote AoW's CT.
Fun Fact of Fun: Tevish won his CA and played his first mafia game in Time Spiral Mafia, a game I hosted. All I remember about it is that FFP died via viggery and it was funny because he was mafia.

It's more than two years since I joined a game that Tevish also plays and I swear this is the first time I notice his mafia related CT.

Less Fun Fact: I wrote AoW's CT.

Yeah... I would keep such a thing for myself if I were you >_>
[Throws spoiled tomatoes at PK]

PariahKing

It's amusing if you know the reference.

In Guildpact Mafia, AvatarofWoe got a role that said he was a "prophet" to a false god. He would see a vision. If it did not come true, it would mean something very bad would happen to the town. He was also told things would just happen to make it more likely and inevitable.

Every day, I sent him "You see yourself dying." Right after that, every player in the game got a note saying he was scum.

Guardian Phoenix, Ben 50-50, and P'Tog also have CTs I wrote. (Lucky them.)

In Guildpact Mafia, AvatarofWoe got a role that said he was a "prophet" to a false god. He would see a vision. If it did not come true, it would mean something very bad would happen to the town. He was also told things would just happen to make it more likely and inevitable.

Every day, I sent him "You see yourself dying." Right after that, every player in the game got a note saying he was scum.

I did not know the reference but I remember the situation. Someone must have brought it up at one point or another. Honestly, I have been spending quite some time thinking on how to make a seer role.

PariahKing

Yeah, anything involving "seers" or such is really difficult to produce. Guildpact was funny like that - I could just rig or break anything I wanted, so if I made a role that predicted the future...why, I'd always be right.
VA_Ninja? Total guess here.

Correct. Gleemax teemed up with Comcast to make my old password, and therefore account, inaccessible.

You think I would be able to think a better name than [location]_Underscore_Ninja after all this time.
Photobucket
In!

aow was scarred by this experience. As a result he was adamant that "The Monk" role in Bourne mafia was certainly a mod controlled mechanic to screw with people and ended up looking quite suspect for insisting on it as I recall.
It's been too long. In.

And mine too.
In : D

and maybe I won't get lynched first this time
In

depends what you give us in return...

PariahKing

I think I might be able to "arrange" something. Zindie told me not to make the roles too Bastardy as this is a promo, but I may have to add something special just for you :P

I not only did that in the Bourne Mafia, but in Shards, and a couple others as I recall. Since then whenever I read flavor I think: Is the mod trying to screw with my mind?

Unfortunately I won't get the honor of screwing with yours, unless I am feeling very vengeful when I send out the roles.

In so far:
Ryuuk
Cville Ninja
Wahooney
Clem
Tevish
PK
Gaetele
Murica
Commander Jim
Ichthys_II
Euclid
BOTA
funkmu
β↓
IN
never done one o' theese before, bu what the hell... I'm In.
In!aow was scarred by this experience. As a result he was adamant that "The Monk" role in Bourne mafia was certainly a mod controlled mechanic to screw with people and ended up looking quite suspect for insisting on it as I recall.

This means Guildpact was a fantastic success after all.
And mine too.

Oh yeah. I forgot about yours. Yours is actually my favorite.
I think I might be able to "arrange" something. Zindie told me not to make the roles too Bastardy as this is a promo, but I may have to add something special just for you

Go with Suicidal Townie, the greatest role ever to grace mafia.
Oh yeah. I forgot about yours. Yours is actually my favorite.

I assume it was a reference to my excessive pursuit of a CA or CT at that time?
This means Guildpact was a fantastic success after all.

I'm impressed that it actually managed to follow the script.

Still doubt I'll be able to play regularly, but it was fun. Such a shame the mods vetoed Incest Mafia.
Suffering from lack of game.

In.

I vaguely recall being involved in the creation Incest Mafia.
Still doubt I'll be able to play regularly, but it was fun. Such a shame the mods vetoed Incest Mafia.

I hope you will still create the sequel to Post Apocalypse Mafia though!
I have been working on it some. It's still a whiles away on the Mafia list, though. It'll be hard to top having Elvis as a serious role, though.
/in if there's space.
/in if there's space.

As long as we get three more people before the week is out, you should be fine. ;)

If I understood the "16 or 20" player part in the OP correctly...

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

i'll play. seems fun

I just read your unfortunate demise. That was edge of the seat stuff watching you die as the minutes counted down :P

Edit to avoid triple posting :S : I jsut read the whole SoA Mafia. That was SO frikkin awesome.

/prays for a place in this one.
Sign In to post comments