The Trade Thread

2497 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please use this thread to ask others for opinions about trades, sales, or purchases you've made (or brag about same). The purpose of this thread is to consolidate this kind of discussion so that it doesn't flood the board with such threads. For that reason, any new threads created for such purposes will be closed, and the users directed to post here instead. (The [thread=692940]old thread[/thread] was two years old and seven thousand or so posts too long, so here's a shiny new one to play with.)

If you're looking for a place to actually conduct trades, you'll want to go to the Wizards Community Marketplace group. Click 'Join Group' in the sidebar on the left-hand side, then hit the 'Forum' link (also in the sidebar), and then go to the Magic Cards area to post.

Commonly-Used Magic Price Guides:

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Can we add E-Bay to that list?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Question:

What will be the loss of value on Vindicate when it rotates?
Thanks
Question:

What will be the loss of value on Vindicate when it rotates?
Thanks

All.

Vindicate is nothing without Extended. A couple decks play it elsewhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $1.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Can we add E-Bay to that list?

MOTL (Magictraders) uses the average prices of eBay for its prices.
COB.png
All.

Vindicate is nothing without Extended. A couple decks play it elsewhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $1.

This isn't quite true. It will definitely de-value down to $2 or $3, but it's still good in Legacy because Deadman Ale is good.

If you want to sell/trade them away, do so know. If you want to pick them up, just wait a month and then get them for max $20/set.
My:
Underground River
Auntie's Hovel x2

His: Pithing Needle (Kamiwaga)

EDIT: It was a foil needle.
My:
Underground River
Auntie's Hovel x2

His:
Pithing Needle (Kamiwaga)
Bragging Rights xx

EDIT: It was a foil needle.

Fixed.

HUGE win in every way. (Foil Pithing Needles count as eleventy cards, so win in quantity too)
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
Woops double post, my bad.

Mods please delete this post
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
My
$5
This
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
My
$5
This

Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
My
$5
This

Only if you're going to use it. Value it's fair, but playability is its only use.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Question: What do you guys think will happen to the price of fetchlands when the onslaught block rotates out of extended? Obviously they're very powerful cards and will still see some play, but is most of their value expected to drop?
Question: What do you guys think will happen to the price of fetchlands when the onslaught block rotates out of extended? Obviously they're very powerful cards and will still see some play, but is most of their value expected to drop?

Maybe $5? In general, they're more playable than any duals printed. The only edge the originals have is age. And age pushes value. I don't know... We'll see in a year.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Maybe $5? In general, they're more playable than any duals printed. The only edge the originals have is age. And age pushes value. I don't know... We'll see in a year.

So buying playsets now (probably) won't make me feel stupid in a year when they rotate? (I perfectly understand you're only giving me your best guess and can't see the future)
So buying playsets now (probably) won't make me feel stupid in a year when they rotate? (I perfectly understand you're only giving me your best guess and can't see the future)

I'd say go for it. It's still a full year of play with an all around amazing card that will never be outclassed. And it will still serve you well should you move onto Legacy or Vintage.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
I'd say go for it. It's still a full year of play with an all around amazing card that will never be outclassed. And it will still serve you well should you move onto Legacy or Vintage.

Thanks for the advice. Now, do I spend 4x as much to get foil copies? I know playability wise, it adds nothing, but damn are they pimp.
Alright, so I am thinking about selling the 2 Revised edition Taiga I have. The front of each is NM, but the back has a few knicks on the border, which I guess makes the back Ex condition...?

Anyway, someone told me that they would give me 22.50 each and $47 for the 2 of them shipped. Should I take this deal?
Alright, so I am thinking about selling the 2 Revised edition Taiga I have. The front of each is NM, but the back has a few knicks on the border, which I guess makes the back Ex condition...?

Anyway, someone told me that they would give me 22.50 each and $47 for the 2 of them shipped. Should I take this deal?

If you need cash do it. If you don't, keep them. Their price will only rise, and he is offering you a "meh" value. Neither high nor low.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
You guys think this is a good trade, I havent played since kamigawa so I just traded some of my rares for a T2 deck.

I Traded

Seige-Gang Commander
Karplusan Forest
Threads of Disloyalty
Umezawa's Jitte
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
chrome mox
masticore
chalice of the void x2
duplicant
kokusho,the evening star
plunge into darkness
burning wish

I Received

4 x Imperious Perfect
4 x Kitchen Finks
4 x Llanowar Elves
4 x Safehold Elite
4 x Wilt-leaf Cavaliers
4 x Wilt-leaf Liege
4 x Wren's Run Vanquisher
3 x Heartmender

Spells - 7
4 x Shield Of The Oversoul
2 x Overrun
1 x Wheel of Sun and Moon

Land - 21
21 x Forest
You got ripped off big time. in my opinion.
It's still a pending trade
Is there a typo after the Burning Wish? You listed stuff twice.
whatcolor_isred.jpg
His deck is worth approx $60 as far as I can guess.

I don't recognize / know the value of all your cards, but the ones I recognize are worth at least $70.

Don't make the trade.

By the way there is an official thread for this stickied at the top of the Magic General subforum, called "The Trade Thread".
Either your trolling or dumb. :embarrass
His deck is worth approx $60 as far as I can guess.

Actually, it's only around $35.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
You see the thing on top called the Trade Thread?

Post there.
srry, yeah, I had a couple things double post, I edited the trade, but isn't wilt-leaf liege worth like $10 by itself, so why wouldn't it be a fair trade.
Don't do it man or quit Magic.
srry, yeah, I had a couple things double post, I edited the trade, but isn't wilt-leaf liege worth like $10 by itself, so why wouldn't it be a fair trade.

Ask in the trade thread, please. That's what it's there for.
because while the lieges are worth a bit, they are the only thing that is. (Maybe a couple of uncommons but they wouldnt be much).
I valued it up on a card selling site and both come up around $90
As long as you think it's fair I say go with it.
As long as you think it's fair I say go with it.

I think it's fair, Im just not sure why you think its not
Wrong thread for this, but it still looks like you're getting a bunch of LOR-SHA block extras for some seriously good cards.

Consider this: Since LOR-SHA is in rotation now, you will have an easier time getting the cards he offers, while he would have a difficult time getting the cards you offer.
ATTENTION WIZARDS OF THE COAST: You have full rights to use any of my intellectual property found on these boards (I'm not going to use it and it'd be a shame to waste it). -Dr. Stinkyjoeterry, Ph.D.
Wrong thread for this, but it still looks like you're getting a bunch of LOR-SHA block extras for some seriously good cards.

Consider this: Since LOR-SHA is in rotation now, you will have an easier time getting the cards he offers, while he would have a difficult time getting the cards you offer.

agreed, I'd definitely say you're getting shortsticked here.
Bad trade..... order singles online to build your deck with.

Wrong.

Wilt-Leaf was worth $13. It soon shot down in price once people realized you really don't need to play it. Right now it is hovering at $5 for power reasons.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Depends if you'll have more fun with the rares or with the elf deck. Screw the money reasoning. I sold an elf deck for 10 bucks once. I didn't like playing it , and the guy wanted it. Was worth about 30 bucks then. We both consider it a good trade. He wanted money value, I got a free lunch out of it.
My colors and decks
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Pilot of: Thrullilicious Bats in the Belfry Glittering Totem Citadel of Barbs Thallid Salad Spreading Slivers Swamped Hardheaded The Big Green Kobold Fire, Fire! The Eyes of Deception It's Complicated Candyman Faceless How to Annoy Friends and Alienate Enemies
Where's the fun in that?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smells like trolling to me though...
So confused, when you're lost in the groove...
Wrong.

Wilt-Leaf was worth $13. It soon shot down in price once people realized you really don't need to play it. Right now it is hovering at $5 for power reasons.

WRONG

Please don't spread false information to people when you have no idea what you are talking about and you don't cite any sources. The average price is $10.23 and the price has been stable since it came out.

http://www.pileshuffle.com/index.php?action=item&item=39611