Here is a challenge for all the boards members: Find all the jokes in the Unhinged set. This means every joke of every card. The more obvious ones have been found, but can the players find all the jokes that WotC put in (This does include the obvious ones)?
Here are some, just to give a start (The Spoiler Block is in place now that this post is incredibly long. This way, if you just want to check on how far in the thread The Werefrog am, you can quickly without waiting for it all to load or scrolling down so far.):
Here are some, just to give a start (The Spoiler Block is in place now that this post is incredibly long. This way, if you just want to check on how far in the thread The Werefrog am, you can quickly without waiting for it all to load or scrolling down so far.):
- Flavor text translated is: "This piece of flavor text doesn't really say anything
- Everything on the card, even the artist, is in Pig Latin
AWOL (Absent Without Leave):
- Milk carton says "Milk: The Fattening"
- Monster is in milk carton picture, then appears on Urza's Hot Tub
- Entire milk carton was created, one side "Last seen with his mom at a Phyrexian Gas 'N Sip(r) purchasing a bag of Super Puffy Cheese Bombs TM and twelve gallons of Jock Juice TM Athletic Performance Enhancing "Drink." If you see him please notify Kurst (r) Security and Sausage Department at 555-867-5309.
- Another panel of the carton has a cow with Milk: The Fattening and Got Cesium?
- Final side panel is the nutrition info
- Flavor text indicates a sort of support group, similar to that from Fight Club
- Ixidor and Braids are in the background
- Appears to be Battlefield Medic getting the hug from the Loxodon
- Appears on itself as one of the cards, no art on the mini-card becuase a hole is there
- Other cards are: Ladies' Knight, Emcee, and Frankie Peanuts
- All other cards appear face down on the small version of Cardpecker inside its art, thus making that card a different card
- Put off The Deal of the Ineffible in the flavor text
- Cheapest ass in terms of mana cost
Circle of Protection: Art:
- The 'attackers' belogn to several famous paintings:Leonardo's Gioconda, Miguel Angel's Genesis
- Arena promo has Nether Shadow by Christopher Rush and Stasis by Fay Jones
- Artist chosen is "Da Vinci" illustrated by the artist's name "Jim “Stop the Da Vinci Beatdown” Pavelec"
- Someone is using a Booster Tutor to open a pack of Unhinged
- Mentions Mudhole, a card that was widely critisized when it was released as the worst thing since Great Wall
- Pete Venters is hanging by a rope at the top center
- Shows Baron Sengir, Megatog, Crosis, the Purger, Goblin Hero, Cabal Archon, Talruum Champion, Vulshok Berserker, Force of Nature, Storm Spirit, Flametongue Kavu, Cabal Trainee, Carnophage, Goblin Glider, and Mons's Goblin Raider
- Was originally going to be called, "Artist's Crusade" with art a parody of 5th edition's Crusade
- Bugs Bunny with carrot is in the crowd
- Ropes cover the surface of the card like a boxing ring
Erase (Not the Urza's Legacy One):
- Artist is Pete "Yes the Urza's Legacy One" Venters, yet he was not the artist of Erase or Lightning Rift, which is the art the eraser is erasing
- Woman holding a sign saying "Not in the face."
- "Sorry Eric" is written above Pete Venters's initials. Eric Peterson did the artwork for Lightning Rift which Erase is based off.
- Has a little Pac-Man next to the "sorry"
- Maro said that no cardname would be recycled for a functionally different card
- Spectator in top-right corner is holding a fizzy drink
Fascist Art Director:
- Jeremy Cranford fired Rebecca Guay for her art being too "girly"
- "A-List Artists: Artists who do exactly as I say get on this list, and might even get to eat."
- "B-List Artists: Artists who think the know how to draw. No food. No pay." (This misspelled "the" is on the card itself. Not sure if this is a joke or not.)
- "I said NO skulls." (picture of crossed-skull, signature of Ron seen at bottom right) (Perhaps a joke on how Chinese art must not have skulls on them. Or about Ron being good at skulls. Anyone?)
- "Kissing the art directors... posterior keeps you alive!!" (An ass joke)
- "D. Ed" (crossed out picture of soldier, signature of Prof on sketch)
(right below) "Call Prof in need 10 more sketches today"
- "Artist Do Not Sign Agreement"
- "No one eats until finished"
- (above the jail cell window at the top right) "Looking out window is prohibited today"
- The director is Ed Beard
- Is a horror
First Come First Served:
- Onslaught block cleric is reading a book on the art of war
- Flavor text is a dream of Yotian Soldiers, and on the Mirrodin version, it discusses dreams of poets and artificers
- Characters in line are Angel of Mercy, Akroma's Devoted, Auriok Bladewarden, and Aven Liberator or Aven Warhawk
- Sleeping with Merfolk=Sleeping with Fishes
- Merfolk are now all but dead to M:TG
Head to Head:
- Braids is getting interrogated
- At "Nevinyrral's Disco"
- Guy appears to be Ixidor (But might be no one in particular)
- Guy is with Akroma and Phage
- Pegasus in background is his transportation, and reason he has flying
- Girl from Invigorate is on it
- Holding a stuffed rabbit
- So small she only costs half a white mana
Look at Me, I'm R&D
- Stuck onto a Moat
- Use of moat is a reference to R&D gets an equal number of cards & doesn't care about rarity when using proxies
Man of Measure:
- Has rulers for lances
- Has 2 and 5 on the shield; is he 2'5"?
- Napoleon parody in the bottom right corner of card
- Life saver ring says "Municipal Mana Pool."
- Features Sisay and Gerrard
- Wants to sit, guy on left is barely upright
- Auditorium full of seats behind them
- It's a Wild Mongrel, and all colours like the card
- Has Infernal Spawn of Infernal Spawn of Evil in the artwork with a big sword and shield
- Stangg and Sol'kanar the Swamp King are rivals, and this card gives greater power to Sol'kanar
- The guy in the background has a spoon as a weapon
- Guy with spoon could be Anger
- Identities include: Phage, Gerrard, Akroma, Kamahl (Barbarian), and Tahngarth, Squee
- Take on the movie poster for Fletch
- A face when looking at the art upside-down
- In trigonometry, the ambiguous case is ASS (Angle Side Side)
- Stephen Danielle included his picture
- The picture is one thing one way, and another picture upside-down
- Stealing the art of Merfolk Looter
- According to the paper, the art was then "discarded" in a graveyard
- Another headline says, "Merfolk Decry Wizards' Treatment" which refers to the discontinuation of Merfolk by WotC
- Final headling refering to Mr AWOL: "Local Monster Goes AWOL."
- Stolen from a library instead of a museum
- Paper is dated Thursday, April 1st (and 1 April 2004 was a Thursday, and the day this set was announced)
Avatar of Me
- Avatar is bigger than the guy he represents
- Avatar coming out of the mirror appears to be wearing Grafted Wargear and has the markings of the Vulshok
- Parody of "voidmage" and "nullmage" and every other "____mage" in the game
- Makes reference to player exodus after Urza's block
- Flavor text contains Save, Kill, Spell, Deal, and Guy, enabling Gotcha
- Erasing part of the manacost, making him an even bigger cheater
- Drake is amazed at its own name
- Flavour text ripped (literally) from Denied!
- Wizard is deflating the dragon with a pin
- Flavor text is ambiguous to something that happens to males
- Dragon smashing into the frame
- Greg has a "Six-Pack" while the morphling has a 7-pack of abilities
- Because of the extra mana, he is not as good as Morphling
- Parody of Superman
Johnny, Combo Player:
- Cards circling him: Soul Foundry, Recycle, Clock of Omens, Urza's Contact Lenses, Cadaverous Bloom, Mind Over Matter
- Stifle is on his shirt
- Holding himself, in card form (Did Mark do the pose holding Maro?)
- Slatted armour he usually wears on his chest has been replaced by a half-painted wooden fence.
- Flavor text ("1|= y()u (4|/| r3@d 7#][5, y0|_| /\r3 @IVI0N$+|2 &33|<") reads, translated from 1337, "If you can read this, you are a monster geek."
- MTGO is seen reflected in his glasses
- Has his OWN "lucky" rabbit's foot
- Rabbit looks similar to a Vizzerdrix
- Creature appears to be half Rabbit, half Pirannah
- Flavor text refers to Lexivore
- New leg was the lever from Time Machine
- Can win a plane from the multiverse
- Fat Ass is in the background
- Names plates have Squee, Karn, Jimmy, and Kamahl, and Kookus, Toggo
Mouth to Mouth:
- One Merfolk in the background has a watch to time the breath-holding wizards
- Flavor text is a subtle homage to Ow
Now I Know My ABCs:
- Every letter of the English alphabet appears on the card
- The flavor text is a take on "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog, " which is used often for fonts because it's a sentence that uses each letter of the alphabet at least once. The new take, "The quick onyx goblin jumps over the lazy dwarf" also follows this.
- The letters in the art is mainly uses sans-sarif letters, but has sarif letters for "I" and "J".
- Person holding scroll is guy from Land Tax
- Among numbers in art is 3.14, an abbreviated form of π
- Also appears to have a hat and harmonica
- The guy is being pulled off-stage by a glowing hooped stick (Classic comedy moment right there)
- Flavor text is "Can you digit" a play on "Can you dig it?"
- Made of question marks
Richard Gafield Ph.D.:
- Wearing a sash with the expansion symbols on it
- Halo over him has the five colors of magic
- Based loosely on Byzantine icons
- Parchment background poached from D&D Player's Handbook
- R and L in caligraphy-like to show added significance
- Flavor text implies he is a smart ass
- Stamps "Rejected" on the incoming spell
- He's denying an un-spell, so he must not like Unhinged
- Cardback is on upside-down
- Cardfront is upside down in the booster pack when opened
- Flavor text is written backwards
- It's close in use to Demonic Consultation
- The artist is in the deck
- Persecute Artist is in the artwork
- The card in hand behind Persecute Artist is turned such that the opponent could see the front (Not sure if that was a joke or not)
- For some reason, the artist is David "Help Me" Martin. This indicates he is the artist in the deck
- Foil version has face-down card instead of Persecture Artist
- Paintbrush watermark in textbox on the foil
- Searching for Good Ass, which doesn't exist
- Card appears to be in bad condition
- also sells watches
- Recurring carrot theme
- Has Hearts on his boxers
- Has the Neopets PolarChuck and Raindorf in the background
- Is opening an Unglued booster
- Has D&D books (Dungeon Master's Guide, and another behind a Mirrodin booster box)
- Has Ashnod's Cylix or Sol Grail and Urza's Bauble
- Creature is being crushed by parentheses
- Post asks "Will players understand the creature is being crushed by two parentheses? Not a chance."
- As a strike of irony, the card itself has reminder text
- The reminder text says, "Reminder text is any italicized text in parentheses that explains rules you already know" (Many players dislike reminder text as they take it as an insult to their intelligence)
- The note insults the intelligence of the players directly
- The Werefrog suspect Brady wrote the "Not a chance." on the post it to be placed on the card
- Creature appears to be a Diving Griffin or a Razorfoot Griffon who has reminder text for flying
- Probably Razorfoot as that one has two pieces of reminder text
Enter the Dungeon:
- The mages are battling under a table
- Gum stuck at the top right corner, coin and peanut on the floor
Eye to Eye:
- Art is a Clockwork Orange joke
The Fallen Apart:
- Named after The Fallen
- Arms and legs are a joke on the heads of Rock Hydra
Farewell to Arms:
- Zombie's arm fell off, so he said farewell to it
Infernal Spawn of Infernal Spawn of Evil:
- Small snowflake in corner is real Infernal Spawn of the Infernal Spawn of Evil, just as the snowflake in the other card is the real Infernal Spawn of Evil
- Daddy gave child one of the three marshmallows, and hasn't moved, just like a snowflake in the corner
- Old card was a demon crossed out to be a beast; the new card is a beast crossed out to be a demon
- In artwork, the new spawn is smaller than the old spawn, but in p/t is larger
- Has a squirrel getting bombarded with: a basketball, a sword, a fork, a safe, a water balloon, an axe, a toaster, and an arrow
- Filled with dents and bullet holes
- This squirrel is most likely the squirrel from Form of the Squirrel
- Imprint of basketball just to the left of the squirrel
- Squirrel keeps getting gotchaed
Mother of Goons:
- Based upon Mother of Runes
- "Word to me" is a parody of "Word to your mother"
- Grafitti contains "It's Coming", "I'm coming, too" from the Spawns of Evil, "Word to Yo mother," "BFM", "Mise", "Gotcha" in background
- Guy on left making a gang sign
- Mom's shirt says either 50 or so
- From Necropotence
- So powerful, Gatherer thinks it is legal in Vintage
- Spikey bits are drooping, as is a phallic symbol in the cracks on the skull
- Rebecca Guay got kicked off the art team because the art director (forgot the name) said her art was too "girly," however she was reinstated by the new art director that replaced the one that fired her
- Girl is holding an oversized Serra Angel illustrated by Rebecca while surrounded by the muscular guys Crawford favored
- Goblin on the back of the book
- Most prominent card is Bad Ass
- Lemon Juice makes paper cuts burn a lot
- A reference to the Deckmasters match in which Richard said to Jon, stop that when he was flicking the cards
- Also a reference to Clay Pigeon, in which it was learned that Magic cards could hurt if thrown, and people would throw cards to prevent the pigeon from being caught.
- Mage on the card is being cut by the cards
- Art reminiscent of The Secret of Monkey Island's Voodoo Priestess
- Tarot cards on the table that are minor arcana symbolizing a love triangle
- Carnivorous Death-Parrot on his head
Wet Willie of the Damned:
- Features Glissa in the art
- Both a Wet Willie and a Wedgie are childhood torments bullies visit upon nerds
- "Uranus" is a pun on "your ****"
When Fluffy Bunnies Attack:
- Cave appears like the one from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- All the rabbits on the bottom of the art (in the Dragon's range of vision) are cute and cuddly and sweet looking, however all the rabbits at the top of the art (where the dragon can't see) are bearing down, snarling, and getting ready to strike.
- Only one of the dragon's wings are visible. From the angle, the other wing should be visible (at least a part of it) Has a rabbit already gotten it?
- The rabbit in the text box looks like it's eating the flavor text, sorry Bucky.
- The name is a bounty of repeating letters, and since bunnies are famed for multiplying, symbolized in basic math with the ol' times symbol 'x', the use of X/x, bunnies and repeating letters all make for one long joke.
- Foil version has a bunny head in the text box
- Captain Bucky Ohare was a bunny
- Wearing a Sapphire Medallion
- Parody of Cyclopean Mummy
- In the background are: Warmth, Decomposition, and Harmattan Efreet, all by Drew Tucker
- Armor Thrull is getting sucked in while Baron Sengir waits in line: All three cards were illustrated by Pete Venters
- Alphabetically, Pete Venters drew Armor Thrull 6th and Baron Sengir 9th, however, if taken from the time before rarity symbols on cards: Armor Thrull is first and Baron Sengir are second
- Avatar of Will and Ascendant Evincar are already in the abyss
- Making a rude gesture at the camera
- Looks like a famous bigfoot picture
Blast from the Past
- Got here and now via a Time Machine
- Foil is the old style foil with star
- Artist's name intentionally mispelled, as it was in Alpha and Beta
Curse of the Fire Penguin
- Guy turning into a penguin has a sword, yet penguins can't use swords
- Center guy toasting a carrot and marshmallows
- Guy is getting singed
- Fairies surround him, as in 'away with the fairies" which means dumb
- Going the wrong way
Face to Face:
- The cards shown are not Magic cards, but "Ug" cards. The cards are made of stone, and the face-up card has cave drawings
- Something behind his ear
- Bureaucrat is actually spelled wrong, I guess the editor missed it among all the other mistakes !
- Card name was written as "Frazzled Editer"
- An "accidental" missed space causes the unedited flavor text that was meant to say "The pen is mightier than the sword," so it said "The ***** mighyer then the sord."
- Is a bureaucrat with protection from Bureaucracy
- One can see the "invisible" box in the foil version
Goblin Secret Agent:
- Roasting a marshmallow on the laser while smiling a bit too casually
- From a scene in Goldfinger
- serial number is the initials and birthdate of the son of the artist
- works for "Bureau Of Overt Goblin Espionage and Recovery" (B.O.O.G.E.R)
Goblin S.W.A.T. Team
- Front goblin appears to be swatting the name
- Flavor text is a haiku about the color wheel shift
- Paolo Parente's right hand is in the shape of heavy metal "devil's horns."
- Red mana is holding a pitchfork towards paolo
- Background says "How to draw Magic"
Mons's Goblin Waiters
- Tribute to Mons's Goblin Raiders
- Far left goblin has snot dripping into soup
- A Mogg Fanatic took its parashoot
- Frazzled Editor is the one striking Phage in the art with a beam made of punctuation
- Phage would die from a Punctuate under normal circumstances
- S.N.O.T. has 32 pieces of punctuation, just enough to be killed when 4 are combined
- Magic beam contains "$, %, #, and @" which aren't punctuation based on the text
- In reminder text, & and . are used like in a sentence
- Flavor text refers to where Phage in the art is is getting hit (the butt)
- Name is an oxymoron
- Appears to be throwing Creature Guy, who just so happens to have no numbers in his text box
- Position of arms suggests throwing from right to left, but the creature is flying from left to right
- 487 makes the card's ability powerful
- 487 a nod to 187 creatures, only moreso
- Art is derived from the original art of Fire Elemental
- She's so hot she's melting the card
Rocket-Powered Turbo Slug:
- Flavor text is: "unscramblethisiyo?ougthorguhallthetorube ltdD"
- The sentence, unscrambled, is: Did you go through all the trouble to unscramble this?
- Zipping past Akroma and Kamahl, both of whom have haste
- Underworld cookbook mention in Granite Gargoyle
- Text box is a recipe card
- Play on the movie title "sexy Beast"
- Has 1 eye ball, 2 tongues, 3 teeth, 4 fingers, 5 letters, and 6 quils
Touch and Go
- Guy in art is trying not to touch his face
Yet Another Aether Vortex
- Chicken being spewed out of the vortex
- Flies buzzing in the text box
- Begins the song "BINGO" in flavor text
- Must have been hungry to eat Quinn
Elvish House Party:
- The elf dressed in purple is holding up bunny ears behind the elf next to her
- Has many forks and spoons in art
- Has food stains on the card
- Can see the crack
Form of the Squirrel
- Squirrels at bottom are from Squirrel Wrangler
- Half the card (mostly) is missing color
- Many items cut in half: vase, table, clock
- Expansion symbol cut in half
- Freak algebra experiment involving Beebles, and beebles first came about in Urza's block, which contains Tolarian Academy, possibly the Wizard Mentor gave the experiment
- Items a nod to Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Flavour a nod to Spiderman
- Can see the cardback on the front where the p/t normally belongs
- P/T "glued" to the rump of the monster
- Artwork curling up
- Someone is bleeding Green
- Every creature except for the armoured dude at the top has a prominently displayed tongue- something Wayne "Not actually king of" England is infamous for.
- A myr Token, Hundroog, Titanic Bulvox, Ember Beast, Stone-Tongue Basilisk, and Putrid Imp are riding beasts to gain trample and are drawn by Wayne England
Keeper of the Sacred Word:
- Recently kept:Gotcha, At, The, You, Cards, Play, Land, Go, Take, Tap, and something starting with F and U...
- Flavor text says: "This is not a subliminal message."
- Knights who Say Ni
- Can clearly see an F, a U, and a C
Land Aid '04
- Diamond on top of the guitar
- Sign says "Save Wirewood"
- Flavour text is a joke
- Hyenas can't laugh lest the leopard come back to life
Monkey Monkey Monkey:
- M things: Merlin, Moose, Monolith, Mummy, Mouse, Matchbook, Minotaur with a Morningstar, Monkey, M Mug, Mosaic, Moth, Metronome, Medusa, Mouth-bone (lower jaw, also known as a Mandible), Manticore, Moon, Mermaid with Moneybag, Moccasin, Mule
- Has "Magic" in morse code
- Verdeloth the Ancient is pictured with his name on the name sticker that says, "HELLO: MY NAME IS Verdeloth the Ancient"
- Last line of previous horoscope is ""probably be booby trapped"
- Has saprolings at the bottom
- Arrived in a Time Machine
- Foil is the old style with the star
- Artist's name mispelled as it was in Alpha and Beta
- Art is of a geriatric dinosaur
- All abilities are from older sets
- Cost low like on some older cards
Our Market Research Shows That Players Like Really Long Card Names So We Made this Card to Have the Absolute Longest Card Name Ever Elemental
- Made entirely of books
- Listing says "Bob blows himself up again," which is a possible refernce to the combination of Bob Vila and Tim Taylor: Bob being a good home-improvement personality and Tim who blew himself up a lot on the show Home Improvement.
- Is a treefolk, possibly from Yavimaya or Ironroot
Side to Side
- One of the people is a Vulshok Battlemaster, other is Maraxus of Keld
- Is sticking to: Spatula of Ages, Shield of Kaldra, Drudge Skeletons, Urza's Chalice, a beeble, and a carrot
- The art forms a loop, if you put two next to each other, you can see it
- Has two players playing underneath a table (see Enter the Dungeon, they are unaffected.
- In the text box it says, Stoned players
- The border looks like stone in that card
- One of the "stoned" players is holding a Rolling Stones, which should allow him to attack, or at the very least play spells that involve him rolling on the floor
- "Stoned" is ambiguous
- The creature growing is Gus
- Symbols pictured are: The Dark, Mercadian Masques, Alliances, Torment, Urza's Destiny, Onslaught, Visions, Unhinged, Legions, and Fallen Empires (Or is that Portal Second Age?)
- Regular Expansion symbol grew arms and legs to dance with all the other symbols
- Smiley face under Liz's signature
- Progesses from Uktabi Orangutan
- The little monkeys are now done with whatever "it looked like they were doing" and one is pregnant
- The "tap two apes" ability matches that art.
- Similar flavour text to Gorilla Titan
"Ach! Hans Run!"
- Named after popular flavour text of Lhurgoyf
- Asses to ashes, Donkeys to dust (see Genesis: 3:19 and Book of Common Prayer)
- There's an Ass-Angel in the text box
- Parody of Vindicate
- Letters A, B, and C appear on their foreheads
- Dead creatures in art tend to be rare
- Foil has words "YOU MUST OBEY. ALL ATTEMPTS TO RESIST ARE FUTILE" written many times over the picture in small letters
- An alien race in Star Trek: TNG and Voyager would oft say "Resistance is futile," just like this alien brain
- Has carrots engraved on the base
- Parody of Booby Trap
- Each color in the background of the art is adjacent to at least one enemy color
- Foil has the infinity symbol in the background of the text box
My First Tome:
- A donkeyfolk warrior is battling a dragon
Pointy Finger of Doom
- Magic players don't get girlfriends, so don't play spin-the-bottle
Rod of Spanking
- Rules box is red/pink as though it were spanked
- Alpha Beta Unlimited were the first three core sets
- Has a flux capacitor on it
- 8-ball on a lever
- Appeared in the movie Alien where the facehugger eggs were found
- Reference to Troglodyte, a little-known D&D monster
- Says "U.S.S. Mirrodin" on the floatation ring
- One of the torpedoes says "Gather This!"
Urza's Hot Tub:
- Mr. AWOL is there
- Urza's disembodied head is in a floatation device
- Glissa and Jeska are present
- Website listed has scrolly text that says, "............Urza's Hot Tub artwork by Stephen Tappin........(C) 1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidary of Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.....Wizards is headquartered in Renton, Washington, PO Box 707, Renton, WA 98057.....PRIVACY STATEMENT.....AL: Seattle 5 / Clevelend 3....New York 8 / Boston 1.....Magic: The Gathering is the coolest game ever!.......I'm thinking of a number from one to ten, can you guess what it is?.....NL: Los Angeles 5 / San deigo 8.....All this scrolling is making me sick, I have to go...................................... ........................................ .........Are they gone yet?......I think so.....The secret search word is.....Wait a second.....They are still here.....Nevermind...................... .................Oops I almost forgot, the number I was thinking of was 7......................."
Water Gun Balloon Game:
- One of the hands it green
- Finally adds a sixth colour, pink, to Magic
- Bottles Onslaught as it contains Visara, Silvos, and The Grand Coliseum
- "Your Ad Here" is there because space is available for flavor text ads
- Parody of City in a Bottle
- It's a split-split card, and split cards were originally going to be in Unglued 2 until Invasion gave them a home
City of Ass:
- What appears to be a buttocks-crack in the text box
- Another buttocks-crack in the onion domes
- Flavor text is "But..."
- The CIP ability could be a tap that ass
R&D's Secret Lair
- Lair is so secret, gatherer has problems showing the card
Super Secret Tech:
- Has the P9 scattered on the floor beneath it to show that it pwnz them (Mostly because they don't have premium versions)
- So secret that not even the autocard knows about it
- Gotcha mechanic a play on the increase of keyword mechanics
- We could use overhyped adjectives to talk about how crazy the Unhinged set is, but who actually reads this stuff? HI, MOM.
Booster pack add wacky strategies with 15-card booster packs | Novel Will bad ass find his true love in this romantic thriller? | Bowling Ball Improve your game with this multihold ball | Ham mmm....ham | Booster rocket slightly used. Supplies limited.
- Set 1 of 1 of Half-assed block
- We Don't need no stinkin' rulebook
- New players should step away from this set. Play this instead (Hand points toward Core Set tourney pack)
- Two monkeys and a donkeyfolk walk into a bar... Ooops, we're out of space.
- *Our lawyers are forcing us to point out that there isn't an Unhinged novel, bowling ball, ham or booster rocket. But they can't keep us from saying that there should be. So imagine a world where you can read, bowl, eat and shoot into space all with an Unhinged sensibility. Our lawyers can't stop that, now can they?
- This box was sealed with Shrinkwrap bearing the official Wizards of the Coast logo. If this shrinkwrap is not intact, the product integrity may be compromised. And no one likes a compromised box.
- "Reading Legal Text is a sign of Intelligence"
- "Another thing on the back says where they were made and it reads: Hasbro Consumer Services Ltd., Caswell Way, Newport, Gwent NP9 0YH, GREAT BRITAIN. At least that's what the legal text writers tell us."
- Limmerick from Creature Guy, Save Life, Deal Damage, Spell Counter, and Kill! Destroy!:
There once was a player named Quinn,
Who consistently managed to win.
Until he got singed
Getting “Gotcha’ed” again and again.
- Here are some more cards that didn't make it. Moronic Tutor; Lint Golem; Wave of Incontinence; I'm Quitting Magic; Bob from Accounting; Castrate; Mishra's Bling Bling; Dead Bunny Isle; Circle of Protection: Pants; Time Fart; Sliver and Onions; Kobold Ass Master; Thirsty Barn; Mild Mongrel; Robo-Samurai; Obligitory Angel; Chump-Blocking Orphan; Wrath of Dog; Celery Stalker; Hugs-a-lot Demon; Assticore; Codpiece of the Chosen; Hurl; What the Cluck?!; Nachomancer; Scrubotomy; Arcbound Noah; Darksteel Spork; Look at Me, I'm Accounts Recievable; Hydro Djinn; Bad Stone Rain Variant; S.O.B.F.M.; Pinko Kami; Purple Nurple; Form of Uncle Istvan; Them's Fightin' Wards; Spleen of Ramos; Fifteenth Pick; Squizzle, Goblin Nabizzle; Zombie Cheerleading Squad; Two-Way Myr; Bone Flute 2; Electric Boogaloo; Magic Offline; Nutclamp; Bwahahahaaa!; Dragon Ass; Phyrexian Sno-Cone Machine; Chimney Pimp; R.T.F.C.; Greased Weasel; Flame War; We Don't Need No Stinkin' Merfolk; Ting!; and Disrobing Scepter (again!).
- Arena foils secret message is: This secret message is completely different."
The carrots appear due to a theme from Unglued 2 that was sort of dropped from Unhinged