Shadowmoor ICD Index Thread

119 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread will catalogue of all the ICD threads discussing the individual cards for the Shadowmoor expansion.

White:
[thread=1010795]Ballynock Cohort[/thread]/Ballynock Cohort
[thread=1007651]Mistmeadow Skulk[/thread]/Mistmeadow Skulk
[thread=1010503]Order of Whiteclay[/thread]/Order of Whiteclay
[thread=1013545]Twilight Shepard[/thread]/Twilight Shepard

Blue:
[thread=1009940]Flow of Ideas[/thread]/Flow of Ideas
[thread=1013062]Ghastly Discovery[/thread]/Ghastly Discovery
[thread=1012231]Kinscaer Harpoonist[/thread]/Kinscaer Harpoonist
[thread=1010796]Leech Bonder[/thread]/Leech Bonder
[thread=1011290]Thought Reflection[/thread]/Thought Reflection

Black:
[thread=1013309]Aphotic Wisps[/thread]/Aphotic Wisps
[thread=1012676]Beseech the Queen[/thread]/Beseech the Queen
[thread=1013207]Corrosive Mentor[/thread]/Corrosive Mentor
[thread=1009939]Corrupt[/thread]/Corrupt
[thread=1011754]Dusk Urchins[/thread]/Dusk Urchins
[thread=1013307]Hollowsage[/thread]/Hollowsage
[thread=1008480]Incremental Loss[/thread]/Incremental Loss
[thread=1013056]Sickle Ripper[/thread]/Sickle Ripper

Red:
Blistering Dieflyn
[thread=1013067]Boggart Arsonists[/thread]/Boggart Arsonists
[thread=1012463]Jaws of Stone[/thread]/Jaws of Stone
[thread=1013073]Power of Fire[/thread]/Power of Fire

Green:
[thread=1013665]Devoted Druid[/thread]/Devoted Druid
[thread=1012464]Drove of Elves[/thread]/Drove of Elves
[thread=1013707]Juvenile Gloomwidow[/thread]/Juvenile Gloomwidow
[thread=1013349]Mana Reflection[/thread]/Mana Reflection
[thread=1011291]Mossbridge Troll[/thread]/Mossbridge Troll
[thread=1013054]Roughshod Mentor[/thread]/Roughshod Mentor
[thread=1011488]Tower Over[/thread]/Tower Over
[thread=1012233]Woodfall Primus[/thread]/Woodfall Primus

() Hybrid:
[thread=1013574]Augury Adept[/thread]/Augury Adept
[thread=1010504]Curse of Chains[/thread]/Curse of Chains
[thread=1000747]Demigod of Revenge[/thread]/Demigod of Revenge
[thread=1013321]Fate Transfer[/thread]/Fate Transfer
[thread=1014007]Firespout[/thread]/Firespout
[thread=1012230]Fulminator Mage[/thread]/Fulminator Mage
[thread=1013049]Ghastlord of Fugue[/thread]/Ghastlord of Fugue
[thread=1010806]Godhead of Awe[/thread]/Godhead of Awe
[thread=1013058]Gravelgill Duo[/thread]/Gravelgill Duo
[thread=1012235]Grief Tyrant[/thread]/Grief Tyrant
[thread=1013291]Guttural Response[/thread]/Guttural Response
[thread=1010800]Inkfathom Infiltrator[/thread]/Inkfathom Infiltrator
Loamdragger Giant
[thread=1013319]Manamorphose[/thread]/Manamorphose
[thread=1013202]Mercy Killing[/thread]/Mercy Killing
[thread=1013070]Mudbrawler Raiders[/thread]/Mudbrawler Raiders
[thread=1013195]Oona, Queen of the Fae[/thread]/Oona, Queen of the Fae
[thread=1010797]Rhys the Redeemed[/thread]/Rhys the Redeemed
[thread=1013075]Safewright Quest[/thread]/Safewright Quest
[thread=1013478]Scar[/thread]/Scar
[thread=1011473]Scarscale Ritual[/thread]Scarscale Ritual
[thread=1012236]Scuzzback Marauders[/thread]/Scuzzback Marauders
[thread=1013952]Shield of the Oversoul[/thread]/Shield of the Oversoul
[thread=1013059]Silkbind Faerie[/thread]/Silkbind Faerie
[thread=1010505]Swans of Bryn Argoll[/thread]/Swans of Bryn Argoll
[thread=1010506]Tattermunge Witch[/thread]/Tattermunge Witch
Torpor Dust
[thread=1013323]Traitor's Roar[/thread]/Traitor's Roar
[thread=1013193]Turn to Mist[/thread]/Turn to Mist
Wanderbrine Rootcutters
[thread=1012461]Wasp Lancer[/thread]/Wasp Lancer
[thread=1010794]Wilt-Leaf Caviliers[/thread]/Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
[thread=1011759]Wilt-Leaf Liege[/thread]/Wilt-Leaf Liege
[thread=1013072]Zealous Guardian[/thread]/Zealous Guardian

Artifact:
[thread=1010801]Grim Poppet[/thread]/Grim Poppet
Lurebound Scarecrow
[thread=1013073]Rattleblaze Scarecrow[/thread]/Rattleblaze Scarecrow
[thread=1010798]Wingrattle Scarecrow[/thread]/Wingrattle Scarecrow

Land:
[thread=1008485]Fire Canopy[/thread]/Fire Canopy
[thread=1007649]Graven Cairns[/thread]/Graven Cairns
[thread=1008481]Kinscaer Bastion[/thread]/Kinscaer Bastion
[thread=1008482]Mistmeadow Fields[/thread]/Mistmeadow Fields
[thread=1007661]Reflecting Pool[/thread]/Reflecting Pool
[thread=1013051]Sapseep Forest[/thread]/Sapseep Forest
[thread=1008484]Sunken Ruins[/thread]/Sunken Ruins

Cards Known: 75/281 (not including basic lands)

Gardevior wrote:
Please remember that discussions do not belong in the ICD Index Thread. If you have something to say other than correcting the first post or putting something to my attention, please open up a new thread or search for a similar topic. Thanks. ;)

I would like to give additional credit to Deenreka, Hacimen, Jedcaj, Insulter of Bad Grammer, Forgotten_Hope, LordYawgmoth, Shuuk, Solmancer, and Volrath's Bane for helping to expand the index :D

--mtalmuzicfan
First Index since Guildpact
4/17/12 - Started Magic the Gathering: Online <--mtalhead...for LIFE!!! \m/
Hybrid, Rare Demigod of Revege
Hybrid, Rare Demigod of Revege

Added, along with the names of the cards listed in the preview pack. I hope that Beseech the Queen is in the right spot, it looks like a monoblack frame to me thus I put it in the black section

--mtalmuzicfan
You srsly want ICDs on all of those cards already?
I don't think we actually need threads until we get more information - but having them exist in the index thread for now is a good idea - it shows people we know the names, colours, and rarity, but not much else.
You srsly want ICDs on all of those cards already?

No, but they are known names of cards. I figure I would place them into the thread for future reference...thus the "15 cards known" ;)

EDIT: Jab0r: Ya beat me to the punch...ah nuts :P

--mtalmuzicfan
Beseech is not in the right section.
Hybrid cards have their own section.

And from what we can tell right now, Tun to Mist is about 155, and Wilt-Leaf is about 211 or so. So yea, there's a LOT of hybrid.
COB.png
Is it a hybrid card if its mono-black?
it seems like there might be quite a few hybrid cards. Would it make sense to split them up by color? so far they're only allied color.
Actually, multicolour cards have their own section. Here and now is where the precedent is being set for monocolour hybrid cards.

Personally, I'd say that monocolour is monocolour, whether or not it has hybrid mana is irrelevant.
Actually, multicolour cards have their own section. Here and now is where the precedent is being set for monocolour hybrid cards.

Actually, hybrid cards have their own section. Multicolor cards and Hybrid cards are NOT put together.

I will concede the point that it may still go in monoblack though.
COB.png
The set size is 301, not 303.
It looks to me that Beseech the queen is not a creature. It does not have the power/toughness that the other creatures have.
Please remember that discussions do not belong in the ICD Index Thread. If you have something to say other than correcting the first post or putting something to my attention, please open up a new thread or search for a similar topic. Thanks. ;)

There aren't separate sections from creatures/noncreatures in the ICD index ;)
Land:

This set going to have the 5 basics?

-Thay
This set going to have the 5 basics?

-Thay

Subtracting a player's life total from the total number of cards known and now we have our end result. 283 cards to be archived within this thread

--mtalmuzicfan
I think Beseech the Queen has a two-digit collector number, meaning ti would go in monoblack. (Yes, I know black collector numbers would usually be three digits, but if ~half the set is hybrid, maybe not.)
I think Beseech the Queen has a two-digit collector number, meaning ti would go in monoblack. (Yes, I know black collector numbers would usually be three digits, but if ~half the set is hybrid, maybe not.)

You should look at Mirrodin for reference, its gonna be a set like that but replace Artifacts with Hybrids. ('moor even has Artifact Creatures like Mirrodin O_o)
Looking from the set collector numbers, it would seem like the Hybrid cards are in between the two different colors. For example, () would be in between white and blue. So I guess the order of the cards should be changed.

Aw... You broke my ICD Index monopoly! :P

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Beseech is Mono Black, It employs COLORLESS mana as the other option to cast it. Therefor 6 colorless mana, 4 colorless and one black mana, 2 colorless and 2 black mana, or three black mana......
Looking from the set collector numbers, it would seem like the Hybrid cards are in between the two different colors. For example, () would be in between white and blue. So I guess the order of the cards should be changed.

I disagree. Ballynock Cohort clearly has a 1 digit card number (looks like #3 or #5), Kinscaer Harpoonist a 2 digit one (#45 maybe?), and Turn to Mist a 3 digit one (looks like #155).
That's weird, the MTGS guys said something around that line...

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
The demigod would be uber good in extended with buried alive, in a good ol g/b extended dredge deck. Be good ol fun i say, but to be honest, its only one card, and we can't say aset will be decent/great from one card. I am agfraid we will all have to wait for more preveiws to get a better overveiw.

But me like the idea of bringing hybrid and tribal cards into one convinent package. Goes well with the theme.
The demigod would be uber good in extended with buried alive, in a good ol g/b extended dredge deck. Be good ol fun i say, but to be honest, its only one card, and we can't say aset will be decent/great from one card. I am agfraid we will all have to wait for more preveiws to get a better overveiw.

But me like the idea of bringing hybrid and tribal cards into one convinent package. Goes well with the theme.

Do not discuss anything in this thread except the first list. No card, set, block, or theme discussion belongs here. Please go find the appropriate thread.
Gleemax Roleplaying - An all inclusive freeform roleplay. Build characters, armies, and bases from any source material imaginable to enter into epic wars and deadly battles.
Check out the other PbP games around:
Real AdventuresPbP HavenThe Guild House
Garic's CityMap of the PlanesCOre COliseum
Castle of FunTerisia City and Fan FictionD20 Modern
Coalition War GameParanoia ParadiseMagic Puzzles, Fun, & Games!
Alright, this looks really good to me, just my kind of set .

I LOVE the artwork.

I wonder how Beseech the Queen will work in relation to cards like Counterbalance.

If you look hard enough, there's quite a bit of speculation on what the converted mana costs of BtQ (and any other similar cards) will be
Do not discuss anything in this thread except the first list. No card, set, block, or theme discussion belongs here. Please go find the appropriate thread.

You get a cookie oh shiny thing of great evil

Aw... You broke my ICD Index monopoly! :P

It was a pretty good run too, but there's just something about Shadowmoor that has me interested...and it's not just Beseech the Queen. Plus I figured I'd make a surprise return to the ICD Index scene

--mtalmuzicfan
I think this is an interesting way of presenting the first previewed cards; I'm not used to seeing just the name of the card and the picture, but I think there will be more faeries, kithkins, merfolks and giants. I'm looking forward to finding Demigod of Revenge - the ability is terrific!!:D
I think this is an interesting way of presenting the first previewed cards; I'm not used to seeing just the name of the card and the picture, but I think there will be more faeries, kithkins, merfolks and giants. I'm looking forward to finding Demigod of Revenge - the ability is terrific!!:D

Stop discussing things in this thread. I do not want to repeat myself again. Please go find another thread to accomadate any discussion you wish to have. This thread is for sorting purposes only.
Gleemax Roleplaying - An all inclusive freeform roleplay. Build characters, armies, and bases from any source material imaginable to enter into epic wars and deadly battles.
Check out the other PbP games around:
Real AdventuresPbP HavenThe Guild House
Garic's CityMap of the PlanesCOre COliseum
Castle of FunTerisia City and Fan FictionD20 Modern
Coalition War GameParanoia ParadiseMagic Puzzles, Fun, & Games!
Add my threads for wilt-leaf and lurebound
I do have a few questions. one of which some one might be able to answer now.

#1. What would the converted mana cost of Beseech be?

#2. Any know anything about the Onna card yet? I hear rumor that she might be a hybrid Planeswalker.
The converted mana cost of Beseech is 6 Colorless, 2 Black & 2 Colorless, 1 Black & 4 Colorless, or 3 Black.
A few things:

1) CMC (converted mana cost) does not include colour. What you have posted is the possible mana costs for the spell.

2) We do not know for sure what the CMC of it will be. There is already a lot of speculation, but not solid answers.

3) (and this is the third time I've quoted this in this thread)

Bolding mine.
Add my threads for wilt-leaf and lurebound

While this thread will archive individual card discussions, the cards you've posted threads about have not been fully previewed yet. Demigod of Revenge has its own thread because players now know everything about the card in qestion, all of the other threads thus far are simply guesswork

--mtalmuzicfan
I hate the beginning of spoiler season.
Can someone with power or sway please petition a mod to clean up this thread, there is a total of ONE card revealed, and this thread is on it's second page and full of crap.
If you look hard enough, there's quite a bit of speculation on what the converted mana costs of BtQ (and any other similar cards) will be

its six. goes by the colorless.

EDIT:
#2 – The mana symbols on Beseech the Queen are half a and half a . Yes, this is a new twist on hybrid. (And in other ways it isn't at all—but more on that during Beseech the Queen Week.) No, I'm not going to tell you how it works (although common sense should help). How does one figure out the converted mana cost of it and other cards like it (yes, there's more)? Don't worry, it's written on the card.

...Okay, okay, it's six. You can stop the email bombing now.
How many times must one state that discussions do not belong in this thread?

If you looked hard enough, you'd also have seen that the information has already been posted and discussed in other threads. It does not belong here.

Largest number of identical quotes in a single thread: 4
salvage is apparently reprinted for this set.