Stupidly Titled Thread

1433 posts / 0 new
Last post
just thought id see if people really do just click on everything in these forums like i do. i mean, some of the thread titles are really NOT helpfull when ur trying to work out what they are about.

i mean, half elf devish swash build is a good one, im fair confident i can guess what thats about.

but 'dwarf build'? so its a dwarf.... woo.

so yeah, i just thought id see if people, like me, really are bored / eccentric enough to simply read everything.
Apparently some are. Not me, however.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Yes reading everything......FUN!
Read? Some people just random click on threads and post in them without reading the original post. That results in thread topic deviation and flaming and what not...
Apparently some are. Not me, however.

indeed, you are, most certainly, to smart and laking in frivolous nature to do so.
I want to go laking! Is it like swimming?

Oh, and yes, I do read pretty much everything in here. I like making all the dark colored circles go grey.
I want to go laking! Is it like swimming?

Oh, and yes, I do read pretty much everything in here. I like making all the dark colored circles go grey.

mmmm. laking.

japangirl, can i ask you a personal question?

... will you go laking with me?

This is quickly heading into TMI-land... ;)
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
mmmm. laking.

japangirl, can i ask you a personal question?

Why m., I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

. . . I'd love to.
Why m., I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

. . . I'd love to.

i... i dont know what to say...

i promised myself i wouldnt go laking again...

i hope im ready...

(and kenobi, how could we get to TMI-land? as far as i can tell, this thread contains precisely NO information at all... about anything *grin*)
i am just trying to bump my post count so i will appear 1337
and here I thought I was special, m...

And to the original topic, I click on two kinds of threads - those that sound interesting, and those that come from interesting people ;)

i... i dont know what to say...

i promised myself i wouldnt go laking again...

i hope im ready...

(and kenobi, how could we get to TMI-land? as far as i can tell, this thread contains precisely NO information at all... about anything *grin*)

i never really look at build titled threads. I don't give a crap about peples builds. Great, u've turned a game about roleplaying and learning about yourself through pretending to be someone else into a numbers game. How else can you cheapen this game? I read the thread titles and choose ones i like. I keep up with the ones I like. simple as that.
i never really look at build titled threads. I don't give a crap about peples builds. Great, u've turned a game about roleplaying and learning about yourself through pretending to be someone else into a numbers game. How else can you cheapen this game? I read the thread titles and choose ones i like. I keep up with the ones I like. simple as that.

Ah, but for me personally I like the challenge of coming up with wacky but workable builds (although I've yet to play my ascetic wild mage build). For some of people, this is *just* a game, not a learning experience.

D&D is just as much a numbers game as it is a roleplaying game. If it wasn't, D&D wouldn't use dice.
D&D is just as much a numbers game as it is a roleplaying game. If it wasn't, D&D wouldn't use dice.

I would say D&D is what you make it. Thats the beauty of it, everyone plays it for their own reasons.
I would say D&D is what you make it. Thats the beauty of it, everyone plays it for their own reasons.

I basically agree with that. D&D is a hybrid between a LARP and a wargame. Someone might prefer one aspect over the other, but you still need both for it to be D&D.

I'm not going to flame/snipe whatever. Take what you want out of the game. IMO if you play to win you just won't get as much enjoyment, but maybe u just get a different kind of satisfaction. U know, like when you beat a single player turn based strategy game. So you see, everyone enjoys the game differently.
I'm not going to flame/snipe whatever. Take what you want out of the game. IMO if you play to win you just won't get as much enjoyment, but maybe u just get a different kind of satisfaction. U know, like when you beat a single player turn based strategy game. So you see, everyone enjoys the game differently.

Your not only putting words in my mouth, but you seem to be assigning everyone into camps of thought. Who said that I play to win? Until you've sat a table with me and played, please don't prejudge me or anyone else.
Your not only putting words in my mouth, but you seem to be assigning everyone into camps of thought. Who said that I play to win? Until you've sat a table with me and played, please don't prejudge me or anyone else.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be presumptuous. I'm sorry if I have offended you. I really don't want to argue. I'm just trying to say that everyone gets their own personal kind of satisfaction from the game and there is nothing wrong with how you enjoy the game as long as you don't cause anyone else at the table to have less fun. Enjoy the game however you like.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be presumptuous. I'm sorry if I have offended you. I really don't want to argue. I'm just trying to say that everyone gets their own personal kind of satisfaction from the game and there is nothing wrong with how you enjoy the game as long as you don't cause anyone else at the table to have less fun. Enjoy the game however you like.

No worries. Hopefully we'll get to sit down one day and play some LG together.
No worries. Hopefully we'll get to sit down one day and play some LG together.

Yes, LG for EVERYBODY!
woah woah woah! everyone hold up. this thread is getting dangerously close to being an actual topic of discusion.

lets go back to me, red and japangirl going laking...

its much more important.
Yeah, the laking is much more fun...

woah woah woah! everyone hold up. this thread is getting dangerously close to being an actual topic of discusion.

lets go back to me, red and japangirl going laking...

its much more important.

I'm disappointed that I don't get to go laking, too

Actually, I don't like swimming in lakes. Something about not being able to see through the water bothers me. Of course, if the lake were clear, I might be able to
Yeah, the laking is much more fun...

Indeed. Laking for everyone!
Laking for everyone!

But...but...

I can't swim...
But...but...

I can't swim...

You can always be the cap'n of the party boat thats out on the lake for people to enjoy. ;)
You can always be the cap'n of the party boat thats out on the lake for people to enjoy. ;)

Hmm... I hope you're not from Minnesota. That's getting a little close to creepy, given the laking habits of our local sports teams.
Hmm... I hope you're not from Minnesota. That's getting a little close to creepy, given the laking habits of our local sports teams.

Didn't mean it in that way. Just need someone to be nautically talented in getting a party boat with some tunes and a small bar on it out there for everyone. Maybe even get a mod in. That way even those who can't swim could be out there having a good time. :D Not sure as to what has been going on in Minnesota, but I guess I might have accidently hit something that I didn't intend.
Didn't mean it in that way. Just need someone to be nautically talented in getting a party boat with some tunes and a small bar on it out there for everyone. Maybe even get a mod in. That way even those who can't swim could be out there having a good time. :D Not sure as to what has been going on in Minnesota, but I guess I might have accidently hit something that I didn't intend.

Members of the Minnesota Vikings football team did a "party boat" cruise during the 2005 season. Apparently, some "extreme partying" went on, to the point where criminal charges were filed. Oh, they had a good time, for sure. :D
Members of the Minnesota Vikings football team did a "party boat" cruise during the 2005 season. Apparently, some "extreme partying" went on, to the point where criminal charges were filed. Oh, they had a good time, for sure. :D

Sounds like they went beyond that and hit that line of stupidity. But, alas, they were the ones who went to that point and got into the trouble where those charges were needed. I meant more in the friendly recreation sort of way. Not the crazy to the point of criminal charges.
Mmmm friends, drinking, and D&D. Always a good time!
Mmmm friends, drinking, and D&D. Always a good time!

unless.... everyone knows drinking and d&d leads t....

oh THATS IT GOD DAMN IT!!!! ugh! a bloody circuit breaker blew up in my office, and ever sinc ethen theres some peice of equipment in the wall thats buzzing at roughly the volume of a chainsaw!!!! how the hell am i meant to work with a CHANSAW IN MY HEAD!!!!?>?!?!

AAAARGH!!!!
*pats m on the shoulder*
there, there. I'll make the bad noise go away.

:fight!: Huzzah! :D

unless.... everyone knows drinking and d&d leads t....

oh THATS IT GOD DAMN IT!!!! ugh! a bloody circuit breaker blew up in my office, and ever sinc ethen theres some peice of equipment in the wall thats buzzing at roughly the volume of a chainsaw!!!! how the hell am i meant to work with a CHANSAW IN MY HEAD!!!!?>?!?!

AAAARGH!!!!

how the hell am i meant to work with a CHANSAW IN MY HEAD!!!!?>?!?!

Best to make sure it's not actually a lurking psychopath with a chainsaw, sealed up in your wall.
how the hell am i meant to work with a CHANSAW IN MY HEAD!!!!?>?!?!

Stand tall. Several people have gone on to become successful despite chainsaw related handicaps. Just the other day I saw a documentary about a man who who had the misfortune of having a hand replaced by a chainsaw; he went on to defeat an entire army of undead abominations. Of course he had a boomstick, but surely you must have something equally as useful at your disposal...
Stand tall. Several people have gone on to become successful despite chainsaw related handicaps. Just the other day I saw a documentary about a man who who had the misfortune of having a hand replaced by a chainsaw; he went on to defeat an entire army of undead abominations. Of course he had a boomstick, but surely you must have something equally as useful at your disposal...

indeed! being an archivist and all, there are all sorts of dangerous objects in my office....

ok, so other than my lunch, nothing in here is remotely likely to kill anything.

though i did take a day off yesterday: i came back this morning, a large part of the wall is mising, there are cables and pipes lying all over my office... and some of the floor is wet... but the noise is gone!!!

woo, back to avoiding work to get paid!
indeed! being an archivist and all, there are all sorts of dangerous objects in my office....

ok, so other than my lunch, nothing in here is remotely likely to kill anything.

though i did take a day off yesterday: i came back this morning, a large part of the wall is mising, there are cables and pipes lying all over my office... and some of the floor is wet... but the noise is gone!!!

woo, back to avoiding work to get paid!

So your office resembles a set from Alien?

PS: This thread is titled stupidly
PS: This thread is titled stupidly

lachlarlan!!! im shocked... SHOCKED.

ok fine, so it kind of is.

and no, not so much alien, think more... um... 40k city fight kind of thing.
and no, not so much alien, think more... um... 40k city fight kind of thing.

your office has been arranged around a set of poorly thought out rules designed to merchandise a new range of cheap plastic toys with an exhorbenant price tag ?