Updated LG Spell LIst

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
http://members.aol.com/kenjenks/lg/

LGCS 597 CY OPEN SPELL LISTS

Version 2.0, 02/16/2007 by Ken Jenks (KenJenks (at) aol.com)

The spell lists include all spells listed as Open access in the LGCS, as amended by Dispel Confusion articles.

This is not an official campaign document. Refer to the latest LGCS for the official list of spells.

To use this document well, you’ll need to have the Spell Compendium and other sourcebooks plus the Player’s Handbook, the PH Errata, the SpC Errata, the 3.5e Main FAQ the LG Deities Document v2.0, and the LGCS with all Dispel Confusion articles, so you can look up spells, their errata and LGCS clarifications. This document combines all of these sources in one place for easy reference, but to actually use these spells in the game, you must have the appropriate documentation at the table. It won’t help you much to know that there’s an entry in the PH Errata about a particular spell if you don’t have the latest PH Errata handy.

Official Errata and FAQ documents can be found at http://www.wizards/com/dnd/

Just in case you were wondering, I changed my document name and set my document version to 2.0 on 02/16/2007 to take in the changes from the LGCS 597CY v7.0.1.
Ken:

These lists are indispensible. Thank you for this outstanding contribution to the campaign.

:AMN:
Thanks, Ken.
the SpC Errata

There is actually one?!?
There is actually one?!?

It looks like this is an old find/replace error on my part. It used to say CD Errata, but later, when SpC superceded CD for most spells, my find/replace of CD introduced this error.

So now I need to issue errata on my mention of the non-existant "SpC Errata."
Ken,

Thanks so much for this. I have been making use of this since it was first pointed out to me.

For a future addition, though it may be very suboptimal and thus an unlikely choice ever for a PC, the LGJ #2 has the Veth PrC with its own spell list.

Personally, I think the Veth spell list needs a revamping considering the Spell Compendium and other spells available, like was done with the healer class... but that's a Circle thing. There are spells there that don't exist anymore, like emotion, and some spells listed in the Hex Mastery class ability that aren't listed as spells the veth can cast like scare.
Ken thanks for the list. but the one from the link still has dates of 1/10/06 and lists itself as being cy 596.
Ken thanks for the list. but the one from the link still has dates of 1/10/06 and lists itself as being cy 596.

I get that problem too, sometimes. Clear your browser's cache and try a refresh.

I get that problem too, sometimes. Clear your browser's cache and try a refresh.

I got it and thanks again.

Oh are you going to be at Aggiecon 38 ? If so maybe I will run into you. Well not into you that might hurt you, but might stop and say hello.
He better be, only two hours away from him :p
I'll be judging two and playing two at AggieCon.

See ya there!
Ken I just noticed. You forgot the Beguiler Spell list.

I am sure you will remedy this oversight
I gotta buy the book first.
I gotta buy the book first.

I'll bring mine to Aggiecon for you to peruse.
The majority are from the PHB. I could send ya the lists off list for your inclusion
A kind soul has already contributed the Beguiler details. I'll update the big list soon.
I have everything but the "Whelming Burst" spell description. Here are the questions I need answered.

What is the one-liner?

What spell level is it?

Is it swift or immediate or normal?

Is it aligned [Good] or [Evil]?

Does it give anybody temporary hit points?

Is there anything special about the spell, like a FAQ or Errata entry?
I have everything but the "Whelming Burst" spell description. Here are the questions I need answered.

What is the one-liner?

What spell level is it?

Is it swift or immediate or normal?

Is it aligned [Good] or [Evil]?

Does it give anybody temporary hit points?

Is there anything special about the spell, like a FAQ or Errata entry?

Ken, do you mean "Whelming Blast"? My PH2 doesn't have a Whelming Burst.

If Whelming Blast, then:

One-line description: 15-foot cone deals 1d6 nonlethal damage/2 levels (max 5d6).

However, the spell description contradicts this, giving a range of 30ft. I'm not aware of an errata for the PH2.

It's a Beguiler 2 spell (also sorc/wiz 2, but not Open for them if I understand correctly). Casting time is 1 standard action. It's not aligned, doesn't give anybody temp hit points, and I'm not aware of a related FAQ entry.
Updated again, with Beguiler spell list:

Ken

Your spell lists are great! Noticed 1 glaring problem though.

You forgot to update the Healer's spell list. In the new LGCS the circle has added a number of spells to the healers list and none of them are mentioned your current list (02/22/2007)

Cheers
Gwumph
The Circle added some spells to the Healer spell list, but those spells are not Open access for all Healers.

LGCS 597CY, v7.0.1, page 12
===
Healer: Use the version of close wounds as presented in
SpC; it is now a 2nd level spell. Remove revivify from the
Healer’s spell list. Add the following spells from SpC to
the Healer’s spell list at the designated levels. This does
not Open the spells for the Healer; you must still find
access to the spells before being able to cast them.
1st: Faith healing; healing lorecall; stabilize; vigor, lesser
2nd: Close wounds; vigor, mass lesser
3rd: Positive energy aura; revenance; vigor
4th: Delay death; rejuvenation cocoon; vigor, greater
5th: Dance of the unicorn; stalwart pact; vigorous circle
6th: Energy immunity; restoration, mass
7th: Fortunate fate; renewal pact
===

I think this means that these spells should not be included in my list of all Open spells (because they're not Open). Like NONC spells for other classes, the spellcaster must have campaign documentation to cast these spells. (Like Close Wounds for a cleric.)

I did put them in my document, as hidden text. Go to page 43 (use the F5 key from MS Word) and view hidden text (click on the paragraph icon on the standard toolbar in MS Word).
Well Now!!! My Apologies Ken.

WOW. So how does this work??? Because lesser vigor is a open spell for clerics.

Wizards and sorcerers can trade open spells back and forth, any time they want.

Divine Casters automatically know all open spells for their class.

So can a cleric of war teach a healer lesser vigor??

This has to be the strangest ruling for the new LGCS. Open spells for one class; NONC for another.

Does the circle expect authors to placing access to lesser vigor on their favors when all but a small percentage of PC's will have open access to it.

Britt I know you follow these boards,
So I gotta ask you...Is this right?
If so it is very doubtful that anyone is gonna find access to lesser vigor or similiar spells since they have been core for awhile now.

Also from what I understand the new extended Healer spell list was something added very late. Some spells seem obvious that didn't male the cut.
i.e. Healthful Rest (healing sub-school)
Will there be a later update?

Thanks again for the spell list Ken and Britt you know we love ya!!! We just like to keep you busy! :P

Cheers
Gwumph
A Healer would get access to NONC spells the same way a cleric would.

If the spellcaster gets a favor (in the upper part of the AR) or buys a written item (in either the upper or lower part of the AR) containing a NONC spell and if that NONC spell is on the spellcaster's spell list, the spellcaster can prepare and cast that spell (Clerics, Paladins and the like) or add it to his list of known spells (Warmage, Healer, Sorcerer and the like).

Those Healer spells listed above are NONC spells, but they are now on the Healer's spell list. This concept follows the directions in the Spell Compendium about how to extend the Healer's spell list.

I've seen Lesser Vigor items on ARs, including wands. If you have the Scribe Scroll feat, you can use a wand charge to scribe a scroll, then you can use the scroll to document your access to the spell. I think.
Most of the spells are already Open in the LGCS, so a Healer can cast them. The Open ones are:
Faith healing; healing lorecall; vigor, lesser; vigor, mass lesser; revenance; vigor; delay death; rejuvenation cocoon; vigor, greater; dance of the unicorn; stalwart pact; vigorous circle; energy immunity; renewal pact

The NONC ones are:
stabilize; close wounds; positive energy aura; restoration, mass; fortunate fate
Ah, I misunderstood. Thanks.

No, wait... Faith Healing is NONC.
Sorry, missed on then.
Okay, I've added those Open spells to the Healer spell list.

Thanks Ken

Ed
I do love Ken's list as well.

However, in the vein of making the reserve feats a bit easier to figure out, has someone made a list of the spells that qualify you for the various reserve feats from CM? Or perhaps a list of the spells by class with the various types added?

Thanks,

Eric K.
PittsburghRPGA.org
Go for it. If it will help a large-ish group of LG players, I'll add it to my list.

While you're at it, it sure would be nice to have these lists:

List of spells that can be affected by each metamagic feat. For example, the Enlarge Spell feat can alter a spell with a range of close, medium, or long. The Empower Spell and Maximize Spell feats only affect spells with variable, numeric effects. The Explosive Spell feat only affects area spells with a reflex save.

List of spells that can be stored in a Spell Storing weapon; this list includes only spells of spell level 0-3 with a Target: entry in the spell block.

List of spells that can be shared with the Share Spell ability of a druid, ranger, paladin, sorcerer or wizard.

List of spells that can be put into a potion.
Another helpful set of lists could be one sorted by casting times... immediate, swift, full-round and multi-round in particular.
Another helpful set of lists could be one sorted by casting times... immediate, swift, full-round and multi-round in particular.

If you're familiar with SpellForge at all, you should be able to do this sort of thing directly from there (for supported material), or rather, copy what it gives you into a new spreadsheet and manipulate it there.
As far as I know, Spell Forge doesn't have the Open spell list yet.
Hey Ken, I think the spell list is awesome, but I've noticed a mistake with the Vigilante spell list. In the class ability descriptions it says that the Vigilante spell list includes every Bard spell from the schools of Abjuration, Divination, Illusion, Transmutation, and Necromancy. It appears you have copied the sample spell list they give at the end of the PrC description which is, as they say before it, just a list of all the spells from the PHB and Complete Adventurer that are on the spell list. The real spell list should be adjusted so that it is just a copy of the 0-4th level spells from the bard list with the Enchantment, Evocation, and Conjuration schools removed.
Damn, that's a hard list to come up with. I'll check into it.

I've never played a Vigilante, and I've never met anybody who did.
Yeah, and I think it's partially because they assume the spell list in the CAdv is set in stone, when really it's connected to the Bard list making it tons better.
Yeah, and I think it's partially because they assume the spell list in the CAdv is set in stone, when really it's connected to the Bard list making it tons better.

I just checked out what there is, but there really is not much more added to the spell list. 11 new Open spells to add by my look.

1st level: critical strike, discern bloodline, improvisation, locate city, phantom threat, scholar's touch
2nd level: insignia of alarm, and whirling blade
3rd level: unluck, winding alleys
4th level: protege

Not a whole lot extra, I dunno. Maybe critical strike, phantom threat, whirling blade, and unluck could make vigilante attractive to someone who wouldn't consider it otherwise. I'm not sure though.
Well, if I ever get a character into Vigilante levels his plan is going to be swift invis + whirling blades in order to get a sneak and stagger every enemy in a line.
I would say a Vigilante is not dat often used because the smite guilty ability, one of his core abilities, doesn't seem to have valid targets in a lot of mods.
I would say a Vigilante is not dat often used because the smite guilty ability, one of his core abilities, doesn't seem to have valid targets in a lot of mods.

according to another thread, one can always smite a gnome :P

ciao

martin m.

ps: we have a lot of gnomes in our region, NPCs and PCs, both types have a tendency to be . . . . annoying at least ;).
NEVER volunteer to be the first to test a new gnomish invention, no matter what they offer as a reward or how good it looks. anyone else who still has a dislike for gnomish bathhouses???;)
Ken, and all: WotC has an online database of PH + SPC spells, among other lists

here.

You can both sort by column plus search on a text term. I use this page to find all Personal spells my Wizard can share with his familiar. (At least from these two books.)

Yes, it was hard to stumble across this page. At the bottom of the linked page, there's one of those "related articles" boxes on the lower left, giving you links to Monster Index, Feat Index, Prestige Class Index, etc.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Sign In to post comments