Character Builder vs. LFR CCG

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
The latest update to the D&D Character Builder tool has an option to apply a "Campaign Settings" file to a character thus restricting what types of characters you can create based on the campaign rules. Cool feature... except... The Character Builder ships with a settings file called:

RPGA_LivingForgottenRealms.dndcamp

If you apply these settings and then create a Shifter/Druid (or other illegal options) it claims that:

"Your character is complete and legal."
"Legal in RPGA Living Forgotten Realms"

I'm assuming that this is a bug, the settings aren't legal until PHB2, or some other technicality. However, prepare for the arguments as players begin using this tool's character validation as gospel.

-Robert
Thanks for the heads up.
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
Thanks for the heads up.

It's worth noting that the Character Builder is not, itself, a legal rules source, and that players are still responible for ensuring that the characters they make are fully legal as per the CCG 1.8.

That said, one of my goals before DDXP was to post updates Campaign Setting files to my website, and then link them here in the forums (and in D9's FAQ or other likely sticky posts).

Unfortunately I didn't get this done before leaving for this show, and have put it off until I'm back next week.

I'll also be taking community feedback on any changes I've missed, and will endeavor to keep it accurate with each month's rules update.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks for the heads up.

It's worth noting that the Character Builder is not, itself, a legal rules source, and that players are still responible for ensuring that the characters they make are fully legal as per the CCG 1.8.

That said, one of my goals before DDXP was to post updates Campaign Setting files to my website, and then link them here in the forums (and in D9's FAQ or other likely sticky posts).

Unfortunately I didn't get this done before leaving for this show, and have put it off until I'm back next week.

I'll also be taking community feedback on any changes I've missed, and will endeavor to keep it accurate with each month's rules update.

I further encourage people to contact Customer Service with these errors, however, if only to help them make the changes official for future releases. (customer service: http:\\wizards.custhelp.com).
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter