Reporting Advancement

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello

I've just reported my first LFR game, CORE1-1.

But I had no options to fill XP, GP, Character (1, 2, 3...) for each player. Not even rewards. Guess what? Not even adventure questions!!!

The big problem is: when the thing is really up, how WotC will update it?

I mean... when the thing is working, how my players will know that their characters got Z XP, Y GP and so on from X aventure?

Ons
Their logsheets?

To be honest, when I first heard about the character tracker, I thought it was an optional thing that players themselves used to keep track of their character for their own personal use (so they have a record of events played in case they lose their logsheet).
Check out my free online comic! Familiar Ground Fantasy Humor, Familiar Point of View
;16572312']Hello

I've just reported my first LFR game, CORE1-1.

But I had no options to fill XP, GP, Character (1, 2, 3...) for each player. Not even rewards. Guess what? Not even adventure questions!!!

The big problem is: when the thing is really up, how WotC will update it?

I mean... when the thing is working, how my players will know that their characters got Z XP, Y GP and so on from X aventure?

Ons

Um just curious but how did you report it given LFR doesn't launch until tommorrow.....

Kithran
Luruar POC
Um just curious but how did you report it given LFR doesn't launch until tommorrow.....

Kithran
Luruar POC

Don't ask me, ask the system:
Date - Convention Scenario Nbr of Sessions Reward Points
8/8/2008 - LFR 01 - CORE1-1 CORE1-1 Inheritance 1 4

O_o
Same thing here.

No Story Awards, No Bundle ID, no Character Number, no adventure questions, no way to create a LFR character...

If someone official could explain, it'd be nice. Tracking in Xen'drik Expeditions was sweet and easy. I was hoping LFR would give us the same system. We're faaar away from that.

Disappointed. Otherwise, CORE1-1 was very cool! Thanks to the author and RPGA.
I will try to find out an answer but given Gen Con Indy starts today I may not get an answer straight away.

Kithran
Luruar POC
At the Judge Meeting last night we were told that the new LFR tracking would be going live last night/today.

Given the new "DCI login" page that's up I'm guessing/hoping that's in effect. Alas I can't get logged in to test it out myself.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Last night I did a test and with this new system I could place the GP Gain/Lost and the XP Gain. I didn't went thru, so I don't know if it's possible to answer the questions.

But it didn't ask me for bundle or story objects.

And I don't know how it allowed me to try to report on the 13th... my event is sanctioned for today.
At the Judge Meeting last night we were told that the new LFR tracking would be going live last night/today.

Given the new "DCI login" page that's up I'm guessing/hoping that's in effect. Alas I can't get logged in to test it out myself.

If you are an RPGA member and you had an RPGA number below 100000000, your DCI number is your RPGA number plus 100000000. Otherwise, your DCI number and RPGA numbers are the same.
I just reported out game today and it also didn't ask for bundles or answers to story questions or anything like that at all. Oh it did manage to screw up my home game convention and have it listed as being in Canada. Plus tow old events I deleted in the old system have cropped back up and it doesn't seem to want to cancel them even if I go through and cancel them again.

We're all a bit curious now that everything switched to DCI stuff what's going on.
Almost ok. It asked for bundles and story objects. The only problem is that I couldn't find how to answer the questions (it showed them, but didn't gave a box to set the answer).
If someone official could explain, it'd be nice. Tracking in Xen'drik Expeditions was sweet and easy. I was hoping LFR would give us the same system. We're faaar away from that.

Tracking was easy after six months and the addition of paper-log sheets because too many people were unable to get the online tracker to work.
Now it's fine and in January LFR's tracker will be fine too.
Until then, because it's an online/digital WotC project, it will have huge problems.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

Now I can place character number, GPs, XPs, story objects, bundle and answer the questions. But when I try to report Core 1-2 Radiant Vessel of Thesk I got this information:

"Errors:
Cannot find CORE12LFR_D in ItemBundle"
Hmmm the Zip downloads have 3 seperate PDFS for me.
The zip download for the LFR adventures will have 3 PDFs.

- the adventure itself
- the story award certs
- the LFR table tracking form unique for the adventure (you can use a generic version of this, but the unique one may reduce errors.)

Keith
Keith Hoffman LFR Writing Director for Waterdeep
Apparently the system only allows one LFR character?

LFR Characters: Lady Tiana Elinden Kobori Silverwane - Drow Control Wizard Kro'tak Warscream - Orc Bard Fulcrum of Gond - Warforged Laser Cleric
Yes, I noticed that as well.
I reported it to Chris.
I tryed again and got the same problem:

"Errors:
Cannot find CORE12LFR_D in ItemBundle"
"Errors:
Cannot find CORE11LFR_B in ItemBundle"

Also, there is a bundle G for CORE1-1, which I assume stands for the "More Gold" option? However, CORE1-2 does not have such a bundle, nor an option for the "Potion/Ritual Plus Gold" bundle.

Really, when writing these adventures, the gold and potion bundles should have a letter assigned to them in the same manner as the magic items, so that if, for example, an adventure has four items to choose from (A thru D), the potion or ritual plus gold package should be bundle E, and the more gold option should be bundle F. This would make it easier for GM's to fill out the adventure tracking form, and the conformity would make event reporting easier for Senior GM's and Coordinators.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/7.jpg)

No bundle needed to the +gold option. The adventure tells to add the +gold in the GP Gained/Expent.
Neither the more gold, or the potion plus gold options are considered treasure bundles in the LFR Writers Guidelines and are not supposed to be marked with letters like the actual treasure bundles. I don't think there is a need for the database to track those selections separately.

We think the database administrator may be able to reset the number of allowed PCs by just changing a number rather than rewriting code; obviously that needed change has been communicated to WotC.

Keith
Neither the more gold, or the potion plus gold options are considered treasure bundles in the LFR Writers Guidelines and are not supposed to be marked with letters like the actual treasure bundles. I don't think there is a need for the database to track those selections separately.

I only brought it up because that "Bundle G" option showed up when I was filling out the Event Reporting fields. And I'm not suggesting the database track those bundles, but rather that they be options on the drop-down menu that are assigned a null-value simply so that the fields read more easily when being filled out.

We think the database administrator may be able to reset the number of allowed PCs by just changing a number rather than rewriting code; obviously that needed change has been communicated to WotC.

Just was looking:

Click on a character below to see details for that character. To enter a new character, click the Add button.

Living Forgotten Realms
Campaign code LFR
Max characters 1000

I assume that is the number of PCs, not the total characters available for the PC's name. ;)

Now I guess I should decide my 6 PCs' order and RPGA unique ID. Heh. And I still have no idea which one(s) I will be playing this weekend, at my area's first LFR-available Game Day...
I am also getting the

"Errors:

How soon will it take for this to be resolved. I had a Home Game on Saturday and I don't want it to be invalidated.
Yes, the fix for number of PCs was a simple resetting of max number. The max number was changed from 1 to 1000. Ian says he wants to meet the RPGA player who actually creates and runs more than 1000 LFR PCs. :D

So far, it only seems to take names. I tried it on mine. Clicked add, wrote my PC name (Flint Moonwalk), clicked default, and that became my #1 PC. Since the Gencon data was not entered at the con due to the database difficulties, no data is there yet under the table heading.

I didn't try it (since I have not created a second PC yet), but I assume repeating ADD will bring up PC #2.

Keith
I tryed it (character adding) and worked.

Yes, I already have two characters... but I didn't played anything. Just enjoy creating characters and backgrounds... I'm the designated GM!
I'm very glad to see the ability to add more than one character. I'll be interested to see how they look after the GenCon stats are input.

But I hope Dave waits until they sort the database out!
Herrbard a.k.a. Dan Erbacher Old, bald and tired.
I am also getting the

"Errors:

How soon will it take for this to be resolved. I had a Home Game on Saturday and I don't want it to be invalidated.

Same here. We need an answer on this subject. Should we just report the event without bundles?

I mean, the Gen Con guys must be having the same problem.

I contacted the Customer Service and Tim Kelley. Yesterdey he asked me to try again... but the problem still occurred. I'm waiting his answer now.
I'm having the same issue. Mine says:

Errors:
Cannot find CORE11LFR_E in ItemBundle
Another e-mail, now from The WPN Team. They are working on this problem and will give me update ASAP.
So the paper tracking like in LG is gone?

It seems to only ask for GP + and XP + now. How does it handle when a player sells an item to buy another item.

Say he gets 100 gp in the adventure, then sells a 50 gp item for 25 gp and buys a 100 gp item. Do I just simply write +100+25-100 = +25 in the GP box on the reporting?

What is to stop them from showing up at another game with both items?
So the paper tracking like in LG is gone?

Nope, there's a tracking sheet at the back of the new RPGA character generation guidelines, and you should be using that.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
Also note that if he is selling a 50 gp magic item, he would only get 10 gp or equivalent residuum.

Remember that mundane items are not sellable, just magic ones.
The field is the net change (addition or reduction) of your gp.

So say you gained 150 gp from an adventure, but spent 600 gp to buy a magic item. +150 - 600 = (neg) - 450. So the -450 goes in the field and is reported on the table tracking form for the adventure.

If you sold a 1000 gp magic item, for 20%, which is 200 gp, that becomes a 200 gp gain.

So gained 150 gp from adventure, gained 200 gp from sale, spent 600 gp, net change is -250 gp.

In your adventure notes, write "sold magic item xxxx for 200 gp."

There is a landscape version of the advancement tracker form, by the way, and it is posted in various LFR yahoo groups files. Any of the LFR admins can also provide it to you. The landscape versions includes space to track your selections of found magic items (1-30).

Keith
Is there some benefit to the online tracking system? Is it just a backup to the paper tracking? Is the level of detail the same? Is it going to be necessary for players to use it?
Is there some benefit to the online tracking system? Is it just a backup to the paper tracking? Is the level of detail the same? Is it going to be necessary for players to use it?

Theoretically, the benefit to the online tracking is that you will always have a backup of your paperwork if that is your preferred method of tracking your tracking. Or if you prefer online tracking, it means you never have to keep paperwork: all your games would be tracked online, and you could just print out your character information before a game. The level of detail should be the same, in that all your gold, XP, treasure bundles, and story awards would be online to view.

In practice, it is a good idea to keep a paper copy of your information. I have great hopes for the online tracker, but right now--especially with the changes being made to the database--it is better to be safe than sorry.

So for the time being, please keep reporting adventures in full detail, so that the RPGA and its players can do a full testing of the character tracker. But also keep the paper copies of all information.

Thanks,

Shawn
LFR Global Admin
So basically it is more like Xendrix? Where the player is limited by Experience (XP) and Gold limits (as well as magic item limits), but there are not as much
paperwork (in terms of signed sheets by the DM's) to prove the current state of a character?

It seems that I, as the DM, only need to tell them how much money they gained (in gold) and how much XP. Then I, the DM, go online to record their money delta and XP delta.

There is no need for me, as the DM, to sign sheets like in LG?

Also when a new player comes to my table, I just trust that his character is built within the limits he has? Since there are no paper records, I don't need to audit it.
FINALLY!!! They fixed it...

... at least Core 1-2 Radiant Vessel of Thesk!

:D
They also fixed Core 1-1. Looks like everything is gravy.
The DM does not sign the adventure log nor the advancement tracker form nor the Story award cert.

Exception, I think, DM should probably initial if the PC accomplished a task for a Quest Card. That information is to be written in the notes spaces of the adventure log. Something like "completed Task 3 of the Zhentarium Infilitration Quest", kwh. would do it.

Recording gp delta, xp gain, treasure bundle (letter code online, actual name on paper copy), and story award (1, 2, or 3 online)

It also gives the campaign staff a great database to study trends.

Keith