SLFRT (stupid lfr thread)

234 posts / 0 new
Last post
I thought I was your favorite! :'(

It is okay. If you could just sign here on this line. And that line.

Remember, the non-compete means you don't denigrate m on a forum, including calling m M, enimem, upto or including starting up your own SLFRT thread.
What is Laking?

It is okay. If you could just sign here on this line. And that line.

Remember, the non-compete means you don't denigrate m on a forum, including calling m M, enimem, upto or including starting up your own SLFRT thread.

thankyou mummy, rules lawyering as always, its so nice of you to ensure i dont have to get my hands dirty.

puggle, you ARE my favorite... too... *cough* (secretly winks at red)

and timlagor... as for you... you're lucky you've got that handy chair to hide under, thats all i can say.
how now they we have an official sanctioned thread of insanity...

can we...

maybe...

sticky?

can we...

maybe...

sticky?

Heh.

I'd considered that, but I think I'd like to preserve stickies for "informative" threads. Things that are important to the community, and that new joiners will find the most useful.

HOWEVER - if/when I get us the "In-Character" thread, barring any objections from all of you - I would be happy to move this thread and have it stickied there.

Because while posts here may not be In "LFR" Character - I doubt anyone could argue that those posting herein are not "characters" themselves.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

can we...

maybe...

sticky?

Isn't that going to get messy? Not that I'm complaining.... ;)

:D
Heh.

I'd considered that, but I think I'd like to preserve stickies for "informative" threads. Things that are important to the community, and that new joiners will find the most useful.

HOWEVER - if/when I get us the "In-Character" thread, barring any objections from all of you - I would be happy to move this thread and have it stickied there.

Because while posts here may not be In "LFR" Character - I doubt anyone could argue that those posting herein are not "characters" themselves.

why wolfstar darling, anyone would think you didnt consider us informative and usefull... ok so we're not informing about anything of any value, but its still kinda information.

and we have heaps of uses!... i mean i for instance can... well red is able to... i mean um, mummy is heaps good at...

ok fine, u made your point. shush.
I thought Rakshasa invading M:tG was bad but we have an insane off-topic thread here?

Well if you need me I'll be on board the Ebon Hawk, en route to Nar Shadaa, playing pazzak with Atton and Mira.
wow big signature question mark?

WolfStar, just have a look at the old LG boards for evidence as to how useful this lot can be on a thread...
wow big signature question mark?

WolfStar, just have a look at the old LG boards for evidence as to how useful this lot can be on a thread...

Yeah I'll probably clean it up in a bit.

I just beat KOTOR II last night so I have some free time now...lol.

*edit: ...well now my profile and sig has been updated...what to do now...hmm...
What rules cover someone who is stickied?

Is it like slowed? Or immobilized?

I can't find it anywhere!

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac
Total Confusion www.totalcon.com
LFR Calimshan Writing Director
LFR Epic Writing Director

LFR Myth Drannor Writing Director

Worse. Helpless!
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

I tried looking it up in the PHB however my pages were...you guessed it...stuck together.

This is what I remember:

Once hit with a sticky attack you are immobilized until you make a saving throw against it. These other penalties last until the end of the encounter or for 5 minutes.

-Once mobile your speed penalty provided by your armor is doubled (minimum -2)
-Grant combat advantage to your opponent.
-Opponent gets +2 on grab attacks.
-A -5 penalty to Stealth check (due to 'squish' type noises while moving)
-A -5 penalty to Perception checks (due to...*ahem*...in the eye)
-All non-intelligent monsters focus their attacks on you (due to tastiness)
-Any PCs who are Gnomes stop what they are doing and poke at the stickiness due to their racial curiosity.
-+2 on Reflex defense vs pit traps and similar type traps, and +2 on saves to avoid falling (although you then become imobile until you receive help from a party memeber)

...I'm sure there's more...not sure what it is though.

I tried looking it up in the PHB however my pages were...you guessed it...stuck together.

This is what I remember:

Once hit with a sticky attack you are immobilized until you make a saving throw against it. These other penalties last until the end of the encounter or for 5 minutes.

-Once mobile your speed penalty provided by your armor is doubled (minimum -2)
-Grant combat advantage to your opponent.
-Opponent gets +2 on grab attacks.
-A -5 penalty to Stealth check (due to 'squish' type noises while moving)
-A -5 penalty to Perception checks (due to...*ahem*...in the eye)
-All non-intelligent monsters focus their attacks on you (due to tastiness)
-Any PCs who are Gnomes stop what they are doing and poke at the stickiness due to their racial curiosity.
-+2 on Reflex defense vs pit traps and similar type traps, and +2 on saves to avoid falling (although you then become imobile until you receive help from a party memeber)

...I'm sure there's more...not sure what it is though.

Yes, but don't forget that stickiness transfers by touch. Anyone making contact with a stickied person is then also stickied. It is a very sticky situation... :P
Brouhaha.
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Yes, but don't forget that stickiness transfers by touch. Anyone making contact with a stickied person is then also stickied. It is a very sticky situation... :P

...ahh yes and of course if two party members get stuck together the Bard in the party will break out signing "Stuck On You".
if more than one two of you become stuck, spontaneous ambiet music in the form of 'come together' begins playing, giving u a plus 5 to morale checks, but -5 to listen checks.
How do I delete my post? After consulting my attorneys I've decided I no longer want to be associated with this thread.
How do I delete my post? After consulting my attorneys I've decided I no longer want to be associated with this thread.

You cannot delete your post. There is no going back. Resistance is futile. One of Us. One of Us. One of Us.

:invasion:

I suppose, officially, you could report your own post as being "off-topic" - but to do that in an off-topic thread, you'd have to be "on-topic" . . . which is done by being "off-topic". . .

*head asplodes*

*head asplodes*

Self popping Pinatas? That just takes all the fun out of it.
This little signature is my official and insignificant protest to the (not so new now) community redesign. The layout is lousy. The colour scheme burns the eyes. The wiki is a crippled monstrosity. So many posters have abandoned this site that some major forums are going days without posts. The 4e General Discussion board regularly has posts on the front page from two or even three days ago. This is pathetic. Since I have to assume Wizards has a vested interest in an active community I wish someone in charge would fix this mess.
Brouhaha.

I saw that on Jeopardy the other day. The question was:

"What is a mug of ale that's been infused with Tasha's Hideous Laughter?"
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
I saw that on Jeopardy the other day. The question was:

"What is a mug of ale that's been infused with Tasha's Hideous Laughter?"

Oh god... that's a terrible joke. Way to ruin my favorite word in the English language.
Dave Kay LFR Writing Director Retiree dkay807 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Oh god... that's a terrible joke. Way to ruin my favorite word in the English language.

And that word won't be the only victim of this thread. Many, many more.
Are Warforged allowed in Living Realms?
Ryan P. Kappler Community Manager for Living Forgotten Realms.

Okay everybody take a drink!

Ryan. . . I know what store you game in. Don't make me come smack you.

Okay everybody take a drink!

AM I GETTING DRUNK YET? SOMEONE ROLL TO SEE IF I'M GETTING DRUNK!!!

...and to further take this off-topic...

Is there going to be a "Chuck Norris" paragon path in the new Martial Power book? What about a "Dolemite" paragon path? Or will these be revealed when the Monk comes out?
*rolls*

*stares, confused*

*rolls again*

... ok, you rolled a chicken... stupid surrealist thread...

so uve gotten... sure why not, ur drunk.
*rolls*

*stares, confused*

*rolls again*

... ok, you rolled a chicken... stupid surrealist thread...

so uve gotten... sure why not, ur drunk.

YEAH!

Now...WHERE ARE THE CHEETOS? CAN I HAVE A MOUNTAIN DEW???
YEAH!

Now...WHERE ARE THE CHEETOS? CAN I HAVE A MOUNTAIN DEW???

Geez, Mr Industrial Pants, you really know how to clear a room... :P
So, I have a stolen early-manuscript copy of Player's Handbook III.

Can I make a legal LFR character using this as playtest material?

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac

I used the rules for Star Wars to make a Human character for LFR.

Can I use my Star Wars rewards cards with this character when playing him in an LFR game?

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac

I don't like my characters having to travel all around to adventure. Can we please change the writing guidelines so that every adventure takes place in High Imasker (my home region)?

Thanks!

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac

I've used up all 1000 of my character slots in the LFR database. (Thank goodness for the replay rule!)

Now that Martial Power is out, I have many more character concepts I'd like to try. I've emailed customer service, but they've offered no help.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac

i think, ut, that your posts are dangerously close to having topics and substance, and thus are sumwhat off topic for this thread :D

now, onto something important:

EVERYONE shall make there next post consist of exactly 227 characters, and have no more than 18 spaces.

understand?

excelent.

anyone found failing... um... challenge one, shall be... i dunno, punished somehow.

oh yeah, p.s... there are challenges now...

this is challenge one.

rewards will likely be, but are not limmited to: cookies, hugs or kisses. or more than one, perhaps.

you have this much time *holds hands yay far apart* to get your posts in.

begin.
Do you expect us to comply with such a stringent restriction on our off-topic posts?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac

Do you expect us to comply with such a stringent restriction on our off-topic posts?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why can't we all just
write some pretty haiku?
Our posts will blossom.

i think, ut, that your posts are dangerously close to having topics and substance, and thus are sumwhat off topic for this thread :D

now, onto something important:

EVERYONE shall make there next post consist of exactly 227 characters, and have no more than 18 spaces.

understand?

excelent.

anyone found failing... um... challenge one, shall be... i dunno, punished somehow.

oh yeah, p.s... there are challenges now...

this is challenge one.

rewards will likely be, but are not limmited to: cookies, hugs or kisses. or more than one, perhaps.

you have this much time *holds hands yay far apart* to get your posts in.

begin.

I will attempt first to accomplish this challenge. How many is that now? I am going to run outofspacessoon.Ohwell,IdowhatmtellsmetobecauseIknowbetterandIwanthugs,kissesandcookies.HowmanycharactersamIatnow?IhopeIdon'tstopmidsen
I fear this haiku
is wandering off topic
hippopotamus
This little signature is my official and insignificant protest to the (not so new now) community redesign. The layout is lousy. The colour scheme burns the eyes. The wiki is a crippled monstrosity. So many posters have abandoned this site that some major forums are going days without posts. The 4e General Discussion board regularly has posts on the front page from two or even three days ago. This is pathetic. Since I have to assume Wizards has a vested interest in an active community I wish someone in charge would fix this mess.
Sign In to post comments